Anatomy of a Hendricksonian (Craig Schieder)

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Anatomy of a Hendricksonian (Craig Schieder)

Post by wserra »

A week or so ago, someone named Craig Schieder posted to Peter Hendrickson's board that he had already petitioned Tax Court, but was seeking advice. This seemed to me a little bass-ackwards - you ask after you petition? Still, this is, after all, a Hendrickson acolyte. What does one expect? I was actually going to respond to his requests as to what he should expect. You know, the court will contact you with a trial date, probably hear from the govt for a pretrial conference before the trial, you go to court and kiss your ass goodbye - legally speaking, of course. Then I remembered that, years ago, Hendrickson had refused to admit me to his site. Oh, well, what Groucho said.

We haven't looked at the illustrious janitor / tax expert in a while, though, so I thought I'd look into Schieder's Tax Court claim. Turned out to be pretty routine. The petition is straight from the Hendrickson playbook: "I told those meanies at the IRS that all those W-2s and 1099s were wrong, but they ignored me. Then they hit me with a frivpen and garnished my pay. And they wouldn't even explain why!" Reminded me of the TV commercial for some tax relief firm in which some guy whines into the camera, "The IRS put a lien on my house!" Maybe that's because he didn't pay his taxes. And ignored 37 warnings.

Anyway, Schieder goes into more detail in his correspondence with the IRS, which he kindly attached to his petition. (He also ignored the TC's warning to redact his SS#, so I did it for him.) The "vague assertions" of the IRS can "in no way" counter his sworn statements that those darned W-2s and 1099s were wrong. Just because the IRS got them in the ordinary course from his employers - well, that's meaningless. What Craig Schieder says is what counts. Especially because all the IRS can offer are "extortionate threats" from people who are known to be "devious and exploitive (sic)". Schieder requires this, Schieder requires that - it goes on and on. The govt's answer is completely dry - admit this, deny that, insufficient information. The temptation to answer with "Look, Judge, it's more Hendrickson bullshit" must be considerable. We know how this will wind up. It will probably reach the same result faster (if that word can ever apply to Tax Court, even in times not involving COVID-19) if Schieder receives and heeds advice from Hendrickson's forum.

It's beyond me how people can adopt this bullshit knowing that Hendrickson and his wife went to the federal pen for using this exact stuff. But then, apparently 40% of the US population will listen to whatever . . . no, that would be politics.

In any event, if that were the entire story, I probably wouldn't have taken the time to write it up. Dog bites man, sun rises in the east, Hendrickson loses type stuff. There's more. You know how Hendrickson himself was convicted of a federal felony that had nothing to do with taxes - the letter bomb case. Well, so was Schieder. 08-cr-147 (NYWD). In essence, Schieder - then in the vending/laundry machine business - sold stuff he didn't have. He was indicted for fraud. The facts are written up in the plea agreement. Upon his plea, Schieder was sentenced to a year in jail and $400K restitution.

There is something wrong with these people. "I know better than you, I think better than you, I am better than you." The rules that apply to the rest of us don't apply to them.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Re: Anatomy of a Hendricksonian (Craig Schieder)

Post by Frater I*I »

wserra wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:38 pm There is something wrong with these people. "I know better than you, I think better than you, I am better than you." The rules that apply to the rest of us don't apply to them.
Boils down to: they think they are the smartest person in the room, when in truth they are the dumbest... :D
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:38 pm There is something wrong with these people. "I know better than you, I think better than you, I am better than you." The rules that apply to the rest of us don't apply to them.
In my humble layman opinion, it is part Dunning-Kruger, part overdeveloped sense of ego, and a desire to come out on top regardless of circumstances, facts, results, and other people who may get hurt in the process - such as family, friends, employees, etc. We have seen this mentality or behavior, time and time again over the years in these forums. Hendrickson is the poster child for this syndrome. I am sure somewhere lurking deep inside each of these people is the secret feeling that they are indeed not measuring up to the standards they believe are "normal"; after all Pete cannot be satisfied with a resume that lists his experience as an "arcade manager" or "apartment complex maintenance." But what has he done to improve his skills and education so that he could lift himself up to the level that he thinks he should be? Nothing as far as I can tell. Instead of going to night school, vocational training or some sort of apprenticeship, he falls back on schemes and unrealistic projects to make overnight riches and beat the government. And none of that has worked for him. Sadly, he is at a stage in life that climbing the ladder is nigh impossible. So all he has left is to hold on to the fantasy he has created about himself and to try suck anyone else into the whirlpool with him.
A week or so ago, someone named Craig Schieder posted to Peter Hendrickson's board that he had already petitioned Tax Court, but was seeking advice.
As of today, no one has bothered to post a public response - including Peter Hendrickson.
Craig Schieder" wrote:ANYONE WITH ANY SUCCESSFUL TAX COURT EXPERIENCE THAT CAN OFFER ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
As they say, the silence is deafening.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:34 pmAs of today, no one has bothered to post a public response - including Peter Hendrickson.
I would have been glad to do so. However, Hendrickson writes that his board is only open to "qualified participants". He makes it clear at blitheringly vacuous length that "qualified participants" means those who will kiss his ass.

It never ceases to amaze how we govt shills allow anyone to post - and, over the years, plenty of would-be gurus have done so - while paragons of freedom like Hendrickson brook no dissent.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

But this is why the silence of all those educated CtC warriors is so damning:
Pete Hendrickson wrote:THE OBJECT OF THESE QUALIFICATIONS should be obvious. They will ensure that the only participants on the Forum are actually CtC-educated and activated, and most importantly, are all in.
I would surmise that Hendrickson's attempt to separate the wheat from the chaff of posters should have resulted in at least one person being able to post a clear answer to Schieder's request and to show him the way to victory in Tax Court. Even more revealing is that the guru himself, Hendrickson, has not responded either. At the very least, Hendrickson could have responded with the kneejerk response that Schieder failed to follow every step of the CtC method and thus put himself irretrievably beyond victory.

But here is the most puzzling thing: in being able to post his question to the Lost Horizon site, Schieder would have had to been certifed by Hendrickson as already being
CtC-educated and activated.
So why is Schieder having problems in being able to answer his own question? Did Hendrickson have a major malfunction in thinking that Schieder was CtC-activated? Or was Pete just glad to find another brown-noser who was willing to stroke his ego and just let him enter the Golden Gates of Lost Horizon? And does Schieder even realize the implications of him having to post a question in the first place?

I wonder how long it takes for someone like Schieder to finally realize that he was scammed and that there was never a chance that he would prevail in Tax Court using CtC. It probably will take forever, given Schieder's history.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Fire up the hot air popcorn machine, Schieder's CtC victory video from last year is available on YouTube

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:05 pm
Boils down to: they think they are the smartest person in the room, when in truth they are the dumbest... :D

My dad used to say "If you think you're the smartest person in the room, find a better room".
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

"I seem, then, in just this little thing to be wiser than this man at any rate, that what I do not know I do not think I know either."

- Socrates in Plato's "Apology."

wserra

Post by wserra »

The govt has, not at all surprisingly, moved to dismiss. Schieder has until April 5 to respond. In the scheduling order, the TC (apparently sua sponte) directed Schieder to file an amended petition by the same date, one that "contains clear and concise assignments of each and every error that Mr. Schieder alleges to have been committed by the Commissioner in the determination of the deficiency and the penalty/addition to tax in dispute in this case, and clear and concise lettered statements of the facts on which Mr. Schieder bases the assignments of error". The TC was clearly unimpressed by Schieder's whine about how the IRS are big meanies who won't take his word for stuff.

I think it a virtual certainty that one of the two following things will happen. First, Schieder does not respond at all, in which case the TC will dismiss the petition. Or, second, Schieder's response is virtually verbatim to what he has already submitted, in which case the TC will dismiss the petition.

The govt filed its motion three weeks ago, and the TC's order came down one week ago. I see that Schieder has somehow neglected to ask Hendrickson and his Heroes for any further assistance. I guess he was underwhelmed by what he received the last time - namely nothing.
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yaknow, I just have to say. It's not that they inevitably bite the dust, as that is almost the only end result, abject and utter fail, for most/all of them have to look forward to, it's that they keep biting the dust, over, and over, and over again. Some people just have a vertical learning curve. To put not too fine a point on it, like Hendrickson and his heroes. It's just that at some point Einstein inevitably rears its head.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:[ . . . ] I see that Schieder has somehow neglected to ask Hendrickson and his Heroes for any further assistance. I guess he was underwhelmed by what he received the last time - namely nothing.
I just checked the forum at Blowhard Hendrickson's losthorizons dot com web site (first time I've checked in a long, long time, I might add), and I see that there have been no postings in the forum since June 21, 2020. Not a lot of . . . . yaawwwwwn . . . . um, activity there lately.

:(

In short, I too am underwhelmed by the nothingness.

8)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent

Famspear wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:07 pm [ . . . ]

snip snippety snip

:(

In short, I too am underwhelmed by the nothingness.

8)
Ah, but that is what Prevaricatin' Pete deals in, his stock in trade, his mental magnum opus, nothingness, the nothingness of his ideas/theories/beliefs, the nothingness of his solutions, the nothingness of his ponderous pronouncements, nothingness. As in NO THING NESS!!!!

I think it is only fitting that his pathetically pretentious pretend playground should express outwardly that inner nothingness.

Also too, aside from their well known staggeringly short attention spans and vertical leaning curves, aren't most of his "heroes" either in jail or off fighting their own losing or lost battles at this point??? I would suspect that the IRS/life/reality would have caught up with the lot of them, and in reality, there was never really more than a handful of the faithful stupid. And we know how the Pompous Pretender likes to advertise his failures, so crickets, radio silence, NO THING NESS!!!!
:snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:50 pm Yaknow, I just have to say. It's not that they inevitably bite the dust, as that is almost the only end result, abject and utter fail, for most/all of them have to look forward to, it's that they keep biting the dust, over, and over, and over again.

The really painful part is that none of them seem to recognize the repeated failures; instead they decide they too will ram their heads into the wall in the exact same manner as the losers who went before them and then wonder why they lost.

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:53 pm Also too, aside from their well known staggeringly short attention spans and vertical leaning curves, aren't most of his "heroes" either in jail or off fighting their own losing or lost battles at this point??

And you would think that at just least one of them would pipe up and say, "Ya know, this doesn't work."

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:58 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:50 pm Yaknow, I just have to say. It's not that they inevitably bite the dust, as that is almost the only end result, abject and utter fail, for most/all of them have to look forward to, it's that they keep biting the dust, over, and over, and over again.

The really painful part is that none of them seem to recognize the repeated failures; instead they decide they too will ram their heads into the wall in the exact same manner as the losers who went before them and then wonder why they lost.

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:53 pm Also too, aside from their well known staggeringly short attention spans and vertical leaning curves, aren't most of his "heroes" either in jail or off fighting their own losing or lost battles at this point??

And you would think that at just least one of them would pipe up and say, "Ya know, this doesn't work."

And then, Petey and his remaining acolytes would chorus "that's because you did not follow the instructions, in Cracking the Code, to the letter!"
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
And then, Petey and his remaining acolytes would chorus "that's because you did not follow the instructions, in Cracking the Code, to the letter!"
Yes, that's a typical response by Prevaricating Peter -- to which our response would be: "Hey Blowhard Hendrickson, how come it didn't work for you in your own criminal case? Don't you know how to use the material in your own book?"

And perhaps Preposterous, Pretentious Pete would respond with something like: "The courts are corrupt!"

And so on, and so on.

What Pete has never been able to do is to provide an honest, adequate answer to the question: Why has his "Cracking the Code" garbage never won in a court of law?"

8)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

FWIW, I take issue with the title of this thread. It, like all reporting on CtC cases, should not be 'anatomy.'

They all should be 'postmortem.'
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

AndyK wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:17 pm FWIW, I take issue with the title of this thread. It, like all reporting on CtC cases, should not be 'anatomy.'

They all should be 'postmortem.'
I like "Pathology of a Hendricksonian." (I can see a villager-TP in the Monty Python "Bring Out Your Dead" sequence protesting "I'm not dead yet.")
notorial dissent

I prefer psychopathology, but that's just me, since I do think it is the more appropriate word.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

My quibble with using the term "postmortem" is that it implies that somehow CtC had viability at some point before failing in the end.

I think "spontaneous abortion" is more accurate since CtC was dead on arrival.

notorial dissent

The Observer wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:57 pm My quibble with using the term "postmortem" is that it implies that somehow CtC had viability at some point before failing in the end.

I think "spontaneous abortion" is more accurate since CtC was dead on arrival.
Don't you mean dead before arrival, as there was never a viability factor?