Another sovrun anti-taxer bites the dust...

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Another sovrun anti-taxer bites the dust...

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/persona ... ar-AAQOJUN

This clown got food stamps and Medicaid benefits, and filed for bankruptcy several times, all while owning millions of dollars worth of property and businesses. For his pains, he got 3.5 years as a guest of the Federal government, and will have to pay the Feds $1.7 million (up from an earlier order to pay $400,000), with penalties and interest.

VICTORY!!!!!!!!... or something.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Halucien
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Re: Another sovrun anti-taxer bites the dust...

Post by Halucien »

Thanks for posting that. I just can't understand how people buy into this Sovereign BS. On it's face, it's laughable. Once you get into the weeds, it's just confusing and aggravating.
tracer
Order of the Llama - Senior Division

Post by tracer »

From the article"
Lund’s tax evasion odyssey dates back to the mid-1990s, when he was convicted of illegally structuring his computer consultancy through a trust in an effort to avoid paying the IRS, and was ordered to pay $444,000 in back taxes.
I wonder if the trusts he set up were part of the same National Trust Services (or its offshoot, Trust Educational Services) scam that I fell for.

(Details of my odyssey here : http://www.rogermwilcox.com/nts.html )
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

tracer wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:51 pmI wonder if the trusts he set up were part of the same National Trust Services (or its offshoot, Trust Educational Services) scam that I fell for.
Apparently not. An opinion of the Tax Court identifies one "Bigelow Charter Corp" as the entity behind Lund's fake trusts. So many scammers, so little time.

As long as we're at it, anyone who wishes more info about Lund will likely find it in the govt sentencing memo. Among other dumbass moves, he tried to dismiss the two indictments on the grounds that, since he was an "Ambassador of Christ", the court had no jurisdiction over him. I'm shocked that the court didn't agree.

Welcome back, tracer. It's been a while.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Halucien wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:14 pmI just can't understand how people buy into this Sovereign BS. On it's face, it's laughable. Once you get into the weeds, it's just confusing and aggravating.
Actually, once you get into the weeds - generally in the first ten words - it's still laughable.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:09 pm Actually, once you get into the weeds - generally in the first ten words - it's still laughable.
I guess that proves sovruns just don't have a sense of humor whatsoever.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I just noticed this in the article that Pottapaug had linked to:
During this time, Lund had retained a tax protester attorney who was later convicted of tax evasion and disbarred.
Do we have any idea of who that particular mental pygmy was?

Never mind, the sentencing opinion names him:
Records Lund provided in reciprocal discovery appear to show Lund had the assistance
of a tax protestor attorney from Georgia named Kyle Weeks, who later surrendered his bar
license and was convicted of filing false personal tax returns.
Never have heard of him before in the hallowed halls of Quatloosia.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
tracer
Order of the Llama - Senior Division

Post by tracer »

wserra wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:03 pmWelcome back, tracer. It's been a while.
I was off penning immortal literary classics like "Starlane Destroyer".