MEANINGS

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: MEANINGS

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

I've got one unambiguous definition. You're posting garbage again. :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Anyone who feels as though going 'round and 'round with Little Frankie's bullshit is worth the time, you need to get out more have at it. It's clear by this point that he will never specify exactly what "trade or business" he means, perhaps because he has just enough functioning brain cells to realize that people here would likely be able to cite 50 cases holding he's wrong. Much better to babble.

As for me, I prefer the approach of the USPTO, which refuses to consider any "perpetual motion" / "free energy" designs, no matter how convincing they may look on paper, unless the inventor demonstrates they work. This, of course, has never happened. So, Frankie, show me that this nonsense has worked. Then I'll pay attention.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Which is why I'm not going to bother replying to his moronic response to my comments about the meaning of 'person'. He's not discussing things in any sense, just trolling to generate responses.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Does anyone have any clue as to what he's trying to do besides killing innocent electrons and stroking his ego?
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
AnOwlCalledSage

AndyK wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:37 pm Does anyone have any clue as to what he's trying to do besides killing innocent electrons and stroking his ego?
Pigeon chess.

He struts around the board. Knocks over the pieces. And pretends he's won! :haha:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:25 pm
Pigeon chess.

He struts around the board. Knocks over the pieces. And pretends he's won! :haha:
Pretty much. That is what he did in response to my last post. He basically agreed with my conclusion that he thinks all of the experts in law and taxation are idiots and don't see the "secret meaning" he has discovered that has been in the tax code for the last 70 years or so - and thus also proved he doesn't understand Occam's Razor.

Which I guess is the equivalent of him crapping on the chess board.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:00 pm Anyone who feels as though going 'round and 'round with Little Frankie's bullshit is worth the time, you need to get out more have at it. It's clear by this point that he will never specify exactly what "trade or business" he means, perhaps because he has just enough functioning brain cells to realize that people here would likely be able to cite 50 cases holding he's wrong. Much better to babble.

As for me, I prefer the approach of the USPTO, which refuses to consider any "perpetual motion" / "free energy" designs, no matter how convincing they may look on paper, unless the inventor demonstrates they work. This, of course, has never happened. So, Frankie, show me that this nonsense has worked. Then I'll pay attention.
That challenge has been issued to Frankie-boy in the past; and he has done nothing but tap-dance around it. He acts as if he is following the advice given by an old lawyer to a young one, in a classic lawyer's joke: when your case is weak on the law, pound (emphasize) the facts when you are in court. When your case is weak on the facts, pound the law. When your case is weak on both facts and law, pound the counsel table.

Frankie is wearing out that table with his fists.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
FRANKENSTEIN
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by FRANKENSTEIN »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:13 pm I've got one unambiguous definition. You're posting garbage again. :snicker:
Just because you quatlosers didn't pass 6th grade and are illiterate with english Grammar
and don't understand the difference between a Definition of a term and a Meaning of a term ,
doesn't mean my postings are "garbage" !

People that resort to "insults" in a debate , without addressing any specific points ,
have surrendered in defeat .
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Fine. We all lost, abjectly, you won. So, having totally demolished us all with your brilliant analytical skills, go somewhere else where the opposition is worthy of your efforts.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

FRANKENSTEIN wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:35 am
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:13 pm I've got one unambiguous definition. You're posting garbage again. :snicker:
Just because you quatlosers didn't pass 6th grade and are illiterate with english Grammar
and don't understand the difference between a Definition of a term and a Meaning of a term ,
doesn't mean my postings are "garbage" !

People that resort to "insults" in a debate , without addressing any specific points ,
have surrendered in defeat .
Most of the regulars here have education far beyond yours. At any rate, here's the challenge again: SHOW US THAT YOUR PREMISES HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL AT TRIAL, AND UPHELD BY AN APPELLATE COURT. Otherwise, you are wasting our time and yours.

As for "insults," how would you characterize the words "[j]ust because you quatlosers didn't pass 6th grade and are illiterate with english Grammar?" By the way, your sentence is ungrammatical.

You are extremely tiresome.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:39 am Fine. We all lost, abjectly, you won. So, having totally demolished us all with your brilliant analytical skills, go somewhere else where the opposition is worthy of your efforts.
^^^^^ This

I would agree, having totally destroyed us, and having irrefutable proof that they are correct, Frankie should now take his position to the IRS and use a big red pen and write his position right across the return, and submit with all Zeros and a full refund requested.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Ironic that someone who couldn't even accurately define the word "house" believes he has won anything in a war of definitions.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

JamesVincent wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:38 pm Ironic that someone who couldn't even accurately define the word "house" believes he has won anything in a war of definitions.
But is that "house" or "House"?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
wserra

Post by wserra »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:30 am
JamesVincent wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:38 pm Ironic that someone who couldn't even accurately define the word "house" believes he has won anything in a war of definitions.
But is that "house" or "House"?
Or, if we were in the Canada forum, "hoose"?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Reminds me of that song, Meanings:

Meanings
Nothing more than Meanings
Trying to forget my Meaning of love
Teardrops
Rolling down on my face
Trying to forget my Meanings of love
Meanings
For all my life I'll define it
I wish I've never met you, Blacks
You'll never define again
Meanings
Wo-o-o Meanings
Wo-o-o Meanings
Again in my arms
Meanings,
Meanings like I've never lost an argument
And Meanings like I've never have defined
Again in my heart
Meanings
For all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, Blacks
You'll never define again
Meanings
Meanings like I've never lost an argument
And Meanings like I've never have defined
Again in my life
Meanings
Wo-o-o Meanings
Wo-o-o, Meanings
Again in my arms
Meanings
Wo-o-o Meanings
Wo-o-o, Meanings
Wo-o-o, yeah
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
AnOwlCalledSage

This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on British television.

(If you haven't seen it before, stick with it to the verse!)
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

wserra wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:14 am Or, if we were in the Canada forum, "hoose"?
Thought that was Boston.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

JamesVincent wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:02 am
wserra wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:14 am Or, if we were in the Canada forum, "hoose"?
Thought that was Boston.
Nope. We say "house."
FRANKENSTEIN
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by FRANKENSTEIN »

wserra wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:00 pm Anyone who feels as though going 'round and 'round with Little Frankie's bullshit is worth the time, you need to get out more have at it. It's clear by this point that he will never specify exactly what "trade or business" he means, perhaps because he has just enough functioning brain cells to realize that people here would likely be able to cite 50 cases holding he's wrong. Much better to babble.

Man , do any of you have any functioning brain cells ??? You say I will never specify what "trade or business" I mean !!??
Hahahahaaaaaaaaaa !
The one that includes the phrase , "performance of the functions of a public office" within the DEFINITION of "Trade or Business"!
You know , the "trade or business" that the Tax Code means , by the Tax Codes' own definition .
And , you SHOULD know , that Definition doesn't Exclude any of the other characteristics/things usually
listed/included in the "common" definition of a "trade or business" .
In other words , that Definition doesn't exclude the other things that are otherwise within the meaning of "trade or business" .
As the Tax code makes clear also . So some people don't get the notion that just what follows "includes" in the Tax Code
is the complete definition itself , without requiring any of the Other things listed in the "common" definition of "trade or business" .

I'll take the TAX CODE DEFINITION , which INCLUDES "performance of the functions of a public office" ,
in THE DEFINITION of what they say "Trade or business" MEANS .
FRANKENSTEIN
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by FRANKENSTEIN »

The Observer wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:10 am
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:25 pm
Pigeon chess.

Pretty much. That is what he did in response to my last post. He basically agreed with my conclusion that he thinks all of the experts in law and taxation are idiots and don't see the "secret meaning" he has discovered that has been in the tax code for the last 70 years or so - and thus also proved he doesn't understand Occam's Razor.

Which I guess is the equivalent of him crapping on the chess board.

Oh , the "experts" may see it or not . But it's in their best interest to "not see it" !
They make Millions of dollars by "keeping" their "clientele" . You think they want to ruin their business & source of income ??
You do know that even tax "experts" say the Tax code is a big "word salad" .