Liberty Dollar, Part 3

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Liberty Dollar, Part 3

Post by Demosthenes »

September 05. 2008
Alert #25: Peace Dollar Over Sold!

Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters:

I apologize for this brief Alert, as I scramble to keep up with the Annual National Tour. Please read the Good News / Bad News below and take action to preserve your order.
GOOD NEWS: Congratulations! The Peace Dollar SOLD OUT. And the Peace Dollar Error is almost sold out!
BAD NEWS: Unfortunately, the shopping cart did not stop taking orders for the Peace Dollar and the issue is OVER SOLD. That means that the last 47 orders cannot be filled. As you know, we only had so many Peace Dollars. So we feel terrible that you may be disappointed, we plan to contact all over sold orders with a special offer of converting your Peace Dollar order to Peace Dollar Errors at a whopping 40% discount. While the Errors were issued at $5 each, if you ordered the regular Peace Dollar and it cannot be filled because it was oversold, we will offer the Error for only $3 each! And remember we have a lot fewer of Peace Dollar Errors than regular Peace Dollars.
There are two options: 1.) You can wait until you are contacted via email regarding your order. 2.) Or if you suspect you ordered late, you can take immediate action and email Sales@LibertyDollar.org and get some of the specially discounted Errors in exchange for your initial order of regular Peace Dollars. This offer is strictly available on a first come / first filled basis to ONLY existing orders that are over sold. Please take IMMEDIATE action to get some of these important Peace Dollars. Again this offer is only available on a first come / first filled basis.
As of this Alert, Errors are still available: While ALL the Numbered and Hallmarked Peace Dollars are SOLD OUT and drawing big premiums in the after market, the Peace Dollar Errors are not sold out… yet. With all the demand from the 40% discounted Errors… they are sure to be sold out soon. They are still available on the Shopping Cart and I encourage you to scoop up the Numbered and Hallmarked Errors ASAP. We have the Shopping Cart programmed to NOT over sell these items! Click HERE for the Shopping Cart.
A quick note on the Limited Numbering Peace Dollar and Error: Seems something was lost in the translations. Although there were only 300 Numbered Peace Dollar and 300 Peace Dollar Errors available, a total of 400 of each were numbered. The extra 100 were a perk for the brave investors who put up the money for this important and timely issue. Right after the Raid, at a time when most people were running for cover, these brave men and women come to the Liberty Dollar's aid to launch this bounce back issue. Giving up 100 copper Peace Dollars is a very small price for such a big boost for the Liberty Dollar. I trust you agree. So please note, the Limited Numbered Editions for the Peace Dollar and the Error was limited to 400 with only 300 made available for distribution.
LUCKY ONES: Just as Metta Zetty found the initial Peace Dollar Errors, we have now discovered that about a 1000 Errors have been shipped before the Error was discovered. So check your order! You may be one of the Lucky Ones who got the Error at the regular rate of only a dollar or less if you ordered as a Liberty Associate! Happy hunting! Good luck!
MOVE DOWN: On a more serious note, the 30 day moving average (30DMA) is now below $16! WOW, who would have thought the "powers" behind the scam who manipulates the precious metals market could pull this off… but they have. Please note in the original LD model, I stated the currency could move down if the 30DMA stayed below the Move Up point after three times the time required to Move Up. As the LD moved from the $10 Base to the $20 Base and up to the $50 Base that required 45 calendar days, I change that requirement to only double the time to Move Down. While I do not believe the silver market can live at these levels for long… it remains if these current artificial rates will be in effect 90 days from the first day the 30DMA for silver dropped below $16 per ounce. On Tuesday, September 2 the 30DMA for silver was $15.11. Remember: What ! goes down is bound to go back up in a free market. We just don't know when. Nor do we know how "free" the silver market is. This will be an interesting development for the Liberty Dollar model. Stay tuned! Click HERE for additional information.
MARCH ON THE FED: Have you hear about the March on the Federal Reserve? It appears that "Charleston Voice" is the organization sponsoring the END THE FED March. The site states: "On November 22, 1910 a malevolent Creature was conceived in the darkness. Ninety-eight years after its illegitimate conception, on November 22, 2008, we will gather at the gates of its lair to signal the end of its reign."
On Saturday, August 30 I received an email from Charleston Voice that stated: On November 22, 2008, ninety-eight years later, there will be protests at every Federal Reserve Bank and office in the country (total of 38 locations). Activists will demand an end to private banker control over the nation's money supply and the return to a hard, commodity backed monetary system. Their slogan is simple and direct: "End the Fed! Gold is Money!"
I have signed up and plan to be on hand at the Federal Reserve in Miami. Please take action if your schedule permits.
Please click HERE for more info. Or contact Charleston Voice via bilrum@knology.net.
That's it. Gotta get back on Tour. If you ordered the Peace Dollar late, please email Sales@LibertyDollar.org to convert it to Errors at 40% discount.
Many thanks to all the Liberty Associates, Merchants, and RCOs for your continued support. For it is only by banding together and adopting a free and independent currency that provides us with "just weights and measures" will we be able to throw off the yoke of a manipulated monetary/tax system and generate a peaceful and prosperous society.
Bernard von NotHaus
Monetary Architect / Editor
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Liberty Dollar, Part 3

Post by grixit »

Sheesh! Next they're going to say that some libbies went out with a dead skunk on one side and a cowpat on the other. These double error dollars are double rare but the next issue of 55 thousand units will be discounted to $75, plus shpping and handling.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

This will be an interesting development for the Liberty Dollar model.
$50 base? Distant memory.

$20 base? Fond memory.

Silver is now approaching $10.

Time for more "error" coins!

Where's 'student' when you need him? The economy was supposed to have collapsed by now.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

. wrote:
This will be an interesting development for the Liberty Dollar model.
$50 base? Distant memory.

$20 base? Fond memory.

Silver is now approaching $10.

Time for more "error" coins!

Where's 'student' when you need him? The economy was supposed to have collapsed by now.
There's too many positives right now. A new president that will supposedly fix everything, no war in Iran, as of yet, and the Fed has tightened the money supply. I predict by August of next year precious metals will have recouped all of their highs and in two years gold will be well over 900. The economy will be sucking wind as the Fed tries revitalize the economy severely expanding the money supply and everything will be blamed on Bush.

But then I don't know anything about economics, I got lucky and predicted that gold and silver would boom.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

SteveSy wrote: But then I don't know anything about economics, I got lucky and predicted that gold and silver would boom.
Actually, it does look like pure luck.
And the gold bug's tale of "gold can only go up, up, up!" sounds an awful lot like people 3 years ago saying the price of land/housing never and can never go down.

By the way Steve, here's the price of gold, inflation adjustedto the 2006 US dollar. Notice how it is not all up, up, up?

1910 421.84
1920 208.79
1930 249.04
1940 500
1950 335.42
1960 248.3
1970 195.83
1980 1567.73
1990 654.01
2000 318.68
2005 529.41
2008 979.04
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Sybil wrote:I don't know anything about economics
You finally got something right.

What you don't realize is that your TP sort of mentality (I'm not saying you're a TP, you don't have the balls, plus you don't really believe the garbage, although you'd like to) fits right in with the-end-of-the-U.S.-financial-system-is-imminent mentality. They're both symptomatic of the same thing.

Cluelessness.

I've known miscellaneous gold-bugs intimately (in a financial sense) for 40 years. I used to manage funds for many hundreds of them ($100K minimum, 25 years ago.) I used to chuckle at why some of them became clients, and still do, particularly when I read certain posts here and elsewhere.

But, my trading for them was based on technical considerations, not some philosophy of financial doom and gloom. I've traded metals and a lot of other stuff for 40 years. I comfortably retired a long, long time ago. Most of the gold-bugs are broke.

I read TP boards and end-of-the-financial-world bear boards for amusement. The only real difference is that not all bears are TPs.

The commonality is that they're all severely misguided and clueless. As is VonNutBall. Which was the point of my post.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

BAD NEWS: Unfortunately, the shopping cart did not stop taking orders for the Peace Dollar and the issue is OVER SOLD. That means that the last 47 orders cannot be filled. As you know, we only had so many Peace Dollars. So we feel terrible that you may be disappointed, we plan to contact all over sold orders with a special offer of converting your Peace Dollar order to Peace Dollar Errors at a whopping 40% discount. While the Errors were issued at $5 each, if you ordered the regular Peace Dollar and it cannot be filled because it was oversold, we will offer the Error for only $3 each! And remember we have a lot fewer of Peace Dollar Errors than regular Peace Dollars.
I thought the errors were going to rise in value like the 1913 "Liberty V" nickel? -- 40% off sounds like a fire sale to me.
As of this Alert, Errors are still available: While ALL the Numbered and Hallmarked Peace Dollars are SOLD OUT and drawing big premiums in the after market, the Peace Dollar Errors are not sold out… yet.
We also have slightly used toilet paper at 40% off unused....
A quick note on the Limited Numbering Peace Dollar and Error: Seems something was lost in the translations. Although there were only 300 Numbered Peace Dollar and 300 Peace Dollar Errors available, a total of 400 of each were numbered.
That something lost was math.
Right after the Raid, at a time when most people were running for cover, these brave men and women come to the Liberty Dollar's aid to launch this bounce back issue.
I hid under my desk for weeks after learning about the raid.

MOVE DOWN: On a more serious note, the 30 day moving average (30DMA) is now below $16! WOW, who would have thought the "powers" behind the scam who manipulates the precious metals market could pull this off… but they have.
Whoda thunk a scammer could scam a scammer?
Nor do we know how "free" the silver market is.
The Illuminati do.
MARCH ON THE FED: Have you hear about the March on the Federal Reserve? It appears that "Charleston Voice" is the organization sponsoring the END THE FED March. The site states: "On November 22, 1910 a malevolent Creature was conceived in the darkness. Ninety-eight years after its illegitimate conception, on November 22, 2008, we will gather at the gates of its lair to signal the end of its reign."
Lair? is that what the kids call a central bank nowadays...

On Saturday, August 30 I received an email from Charleston Voice that stated: On November 22, 2008, ninety-eight years later, there will be protests at every Federal Reserve Bank and office in the country (total of 38 locations).
And because it is on Saturday and nobody will be around those downtown locations, no one will notice or care.
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

September 14. 2008
Alert #26: Hawaii Dala Announcement!
Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters:
As you may remember, last year just before the FBI raid I expanded the Liberty Dollar model by issuing a Hawaii Dala. I am very pleased to announce a new 2008 Hawaii Dala at the new $50 Silver Base that commemorates of the 34th Anniversary of the Royal Hawaiian Mint on September 11, 1974.

Although I retired ten years ago from the Royal Hawaiian Mint and am no longer associated with the it, after 25 years as its Mintmaster I didn't want this anniversary to pass without notice. Especially since the Mint is building a new $4 million facility and about to burst upon the numismatic scene next year!
So here is a very special, very limited offer. When I first reintroduced the Hawaii Dala in 2007 with the Kamehameha design, the new digital die engraving results were very disappointing. But after such a long and costly development I reluctantly decided to issue the Hawaii Dala "as is" and resolved to greatly improve the future dies.
And sure enough all the subsequent dies in 2007 were greatly improved. Every engraving is outstanding with the Princess Kaiulani still my all time favorite. But the original shallow Kamehameha die quality continued to nag at my sense of perfection. So I decided to cut a brand new Kamehameha die for 2008. For those of you who where lucky enough to have the 2007 Hawaii Dala with Kamehameha, please take a moment and compare it to this new 2008 Hawaii Dala. The engraving is strikingly different as it is three times deeper and a real work of art.
Please also note: This is the only Hawaii Dala issue for 2008. And this is the only announcement that will be made besides an earlier announcement to the Hawaii Dala list.
So if you want this 2008 Dala, PLEAE ORDER NOW as it will not be available after this announcement closes. And keep your fingers crossed for delivery. As you may know, there is a real shortage of fabricated silver and deliver may be much longer than the usual 30 days. While some orders in the silver industry are taking FOUR MONTHS, I will try my best to fill your order before Christmas, but it is impossible for me to make any promises regarding delivery time.
Now, just as the price of silver has moved up, the purchasing power of the 2008 Hawaii Dala has Moved Up to the $50 Silver Base and has a face value of fifty Hawaii Dalas, contains one full ounce of .999 fine silver minted in Brilliant Uncirculated condition and measures 39 mm in diameter with a reeded edge.
The obverse of the 2008 Hawaii Dala features Kamehameha the Great who united the Hawaiian Islands. The new $50 reverse includes PVBC for "Private Voluntary Barter Currency" and MSRP to identify the face value of fifty Hawaii Dalas as the "Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price." In keeping with the original design, the central design of the 2008 reverse also features the Hawaiian Crest and Crown. But OH, take a close look at the Crown. It has been redesigned so it perfectly matches the radius of the lettering and rim of the Dala. The Crown is wonderful!
First Day of Issue for the $50 Hawaii Dala with Kamehameha is available with a hand stamped Hallmark of the Hawaiian Islands. A new "medium size" punch was created especially for this Dala as neither of the two previous hallmark punches fit perfectly. So this is the second world's smallest map of Hawaii. Please check it out with a good 10X loop and marvel at its exquisite detail. And if you are familiar with the Big Island, you can almost see Ahualoa, where Telle and I lived for three years without electricity before we launched the Royal Hawaiian Mint on September 11, 1974.
Please place your order for the General Issue $50 Hawaii Dala with Kamehameha (limit 5) at the specially discounted rate of only $35 each. A unique First Day of Issue of the 2008 Hawaii Dala (limit 3) for $45 each is also available. And due to popular demand, for the first time I will issue a Limited Numbered Edition of only 100 numbered Dalas for $75 each (limit one per person).
Please remember rates may change at any time. Please click HERE to order online. Due to a very busy Fulfillment Office, phone orders are simply not possible. All orders will be processed ASAP on a first come /first serve basis by: Hawaii Dala Fulfillment Office, 225 N. Stockwell Road, Evansville, Indiana, 47715. Again, shipment will NOT be made within 30 days. Orders will be send ASAP and we will try our best to ship before Christmas via insured mail.
Introduction
2007 Hawaii Dala
2008 Hawaii Dala
History
Thank you. Thank you. Thanks you. It has been an amazing 34 years since the Royal Hawaiian Mint was founded. Your support and kind words have been critical to its success. Mahalo for your kokua of the Royal Hawaiian Mint and the Hawaii Dala.
Bernard von NotHaus
Mintmaster / Biography
Hawaii Dala Fulfillment Office
225 N. Stockwell Road
Evansville. Indiana. 47715
Phone: 812.473.5258
Email: Sales@HawaiiDala.com
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Although I retired ten years ago from the Royal Hawaiian Mint and am no longer associated with the it, after 25 years as its Mintmaster I didn't want this anniversary to pass without notice. Especially since the Mint is building a new $4 million facility and about to burst upon the numismatic scene next year!
Now that's interesting, considering the Royal Hawaiian Mint went belly-up and vacated the premises right before Bernard started NORFED.
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Meet the new scam
Same as the old scam
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

From http://www.hawaiidala.com
Although I retired ten years ago from the Royal Hawaiian Mint and am no longer associated with the mint, after 25 years as its Mintmaster I didn't want this anniversary to pass without notice. Especially since the Mint is building a new $4 million facility and about to burst upon the numismatic scene next year!
According to PACER, Bernard and his wife filed for bankruptcy separately in the mid to late 80s, and his wife filed for bankruptcy again in 2005. The business registration for the Royal Hawaiian Mint was cancelled in 1993. It was not re-registered until 2001 and Bernard is currently listed as the only officer to this day. "No longer associated with the mint" is an interesting claim.

He's been crying poverty since the raid. I wonder where he's suddenly gotten the money to build a $4 million facility.
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, we know what von Nutburt’s idea of truth in advertising is, so why should any of this come as even the remotest of surprises?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I can add that, according to a Honolulu business newsletter, in 1993 when his Hawaiian Royal Mint went under, von NotHaus closed it down without any public warning -- not even bothering to tell the nightwatchman company.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

notorial dissent wrote:Well, we know what von Nutburt’s idea of truth in advertising is, so why should any of this come as even the remotest of surprises?
It will surprise no one here, but sometimes, you have to state the obvious so that google will index it.
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Alas, too true. Sometimes, the obvious, is just well too obvious, I guess. And then, there are those who miss the point even when you hit them repeatedly over the head with the stick, as witness von Nutburt’s clients/victims.

The greater pity of it all is that the Hawaiian stuff really isn’t all that bad, but I wouldn’t pay his prices for the stuff.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I haven't really been paying much attention to this thread since it began because there's nothing that bores me to tears more than the discussion of commodities (or depreciation schedules).

After reading about this NutHouse person, I have reached the conclusion that his is not the voice of anyone who knows anything about the commodities market; indeed - his is the voice of someone who has swallowed one too many books on the subject of commodities markets and then regurgitated them back up with all the indexes missing.

Your mileage and opinion may vary.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

And yet, he'd have been the next Treasury Secretary had Ron Paul won the election...
Demo.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Demosthenes wrote:And yet, he'd have been the next Treasury Secretary had Ron Paul won the election...
:shock:

Please tell me that was your particular brand of warped humor.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Nope.

http://www.libertydollar.org/ld/legal/r ... 5_2008.htm
Bernard Prophesy on Ron Paul:
Now if you have talked to me since the first of the year for any amount of time, I probably told you what has become known as the "Bernard Prophesy." So here it is so I can say, "I told you so!":) For seven months I have "prophesied" that Ron Paul would be our next President. I have not said that because I want Ron to be president, which I do, but simply by reading bits of the campaign as I have. Long before McCain's health or his age came into play, I said that McCain would have a "medical problem" just before the Republican National Convention and throw the whole event into an uproar. Why do you think Ron Paul is staging such a big event in Saint Paul? To draw his supporters there… I predict that dark horse candidate Ron Paul will be nominated and win. And while it remains to be known if this "prophesy" will come to pass, I have withdrawn my not-so-secret campaign to be Ron Paul's Secretary of Treasury. This is not because I would not follow Ron to Hell if he was President or because I am not qualified, I am just not qualified in the asskissing department and was totally offended by Jesse Benton, Ron's very rude communication director and his best friend Lew Rockwell who has stabbed Liberty Dollar in the back since Day One. Thanks but no thanks. Good luck, Ron.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Oops. Sorry about your keyboards, guys.
Demo.