Liberty Dollar, Part 3

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Liberty Dollar, Part 3

Post by grixit »

I hope that by now you know that the Liberty Dollar is a "currency" and not a substitute for silver.
Ok. Wait-- wasn't someone claiming just recently that it was the silver that gave the libby value? If that's not it, why bother to use silver at all? Why not use something more durable-- you know, like a copper nickel alloy?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

For many years, most people could not get past the question
And they never will. What an idiot.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

And as for the troops coming home being prepared to be totalitarian police-- soldiers have been complaining long and loud about being sent on more frequent tours overseas, you think we'd have heard about this as well. But nope, it's all "they sent me to Iraq 3 times already", no one is saying "ah, i just got home and now i gotta go practice runny a concentration camp". What is keeping these troops so quiet?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

I hope that by now you know that the Liberty Dollar is a "currency" and not a substitute for silver.
Did they just confess to a federal crime (the one that SteveSy keeps saying they didn't commit)?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Evidently von NotHaus is admitting to a violation of law.
And I think it's cute that he now includes Ron Paul on his enemies list.

He mentioned Media Bypass. MB was the first, and always the foremost, promoter of the LD. For at least two years - possibly three - of the LD, Media Bypass carried at least 3 cover articles on the LD and always a half-page display ad for the LD. And then reality hit. Too many MB readers started paying their subscriptions with LDs. MB learned very emphatically what happens when you give $10 worth of merchandise for $6 worth of silver. Suddenly MB announced it would no longer accept LDs for payment of subscriptions -- actually they phrased it as though they wanted LDs spread wider afield and would "limit" the number of subs for which LDs were accepted. Within a few months there was a change of managing editors and LDs were not mentioned, not even advertised, again. And within a year or so of that, MB ceased publication.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
Did they just confess to a federal crime (the one that SteveSy keeps saying they didn't commit)?
Its not illegal to make a currency. It's illegal to claim its U.S. government sponsored, backed or minted money, in other words "current money".
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Bernard wrote:Dan is a former Microsoft executive
Handing off the company to a guy who used to work for the devil is a great idea.
Bernard wrote:and is well prepared to deal with the rough and tumble environment of the Liberty Dollar.
Translation: He knows how to work a sludgehammer.
Bernard wrote:Dan has very good communication and techno skills, a strong background in business and knows what it takes to be successful.
Me too! You see, every night I say to myself, "When the alarm rings tomorrow morning, you will turn it off and get out of bed." I demonstrate very good communication skills because I correctly convey to myself what I want done; I demonstrate very good techno skills by recognizing that not only will the alarm go off, but that it can be turned off, and I know how to turn it off; I demonstrate a strong background in business because I often have to re-negotiate snoozing terms; and I know what it takes to be successful because I succeed at this task every day.

You too, can set lower standards for yourself.
Bernard wrote:He also has a unique view of the Liberty Dollar and likens it as a "platform" much like Windows that he marketed for Microsoft.
Does this mean that the LD will frequently lock up during transactions and require a three finger salute? Or will LD release service packs which require your LD to be serviced by a technician to get it to work as a "private barter currency" again?
Dan wrote:The Future's so bright I have to wear shades…..
I laughed out loud at this. Did he ever bother to actually listen to the lyrics of that song? Apparently not, since he got the most basic lyric in the song wrong. Dude, it's "the future's so bright, I gotta wear shades." The second clue that he never listened to the lyrics is that he obviously didn't catch all the references to a nuclear studies and how the perpetrators all wear sunglasses. They certainly aren't wearing them because a nuclear explosion is dark.
Dan wrote:The future is bright and we can sit back and predict the possible bad future, or we can take actions today that support the things that lead to a better future, for it is through the actions we take now that the future is created. The Liberty Dollar is one of those things.
Hehehe, support the LD, support nuclear holocaust!
Dan wrote:Everybody is talking about inflation, bailouts, and recession, and we can shift the conversation from fear and paralysis to opportunity and a concrete solution. This is the Liberty Dollar's time.
Translation: We can monopolize on everyone's fear and sell more product. Oh, I'm sorry, "private barter currency." Whatever.
Bernard wrote:And while Dan takes the helm of Liberty Dollar, he is not responsible for any of the legal issues that the former entity faces.
Just any new ones he happens to create. Which may be exactly the same as the old legal issues.
Bernard wrote:I appeared in a vintage prison uniform and gave one of my most fiery presentations that may be my last public appearance for the Liberty Dollar.
For some reason I'm channeling Betty Boop in a prison uniform. Don't even know where I got that from.
Bernard wrote:Shopping Cart: I regret to inform you that we have had some problems with our merchant account so the shopping cart is temporarily unavailable.
Worst shopping cart EVER. It always seems to be taking the day off! If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was union.
Bernard wrote:If it is not functioning when you read this Alert, we hope it will be soon.
BTW, still not up. It must definitely be union. So you're going to have to authorize triple overtime and dental benefits to get it back online.
Bernard wrote:Please remember we always take checks or money orders, come back and place your orders online soon as we desperately need your business as the government tries its best to drive the Liberty Dollar out of business.
It appears more that the shopping cart is trying its best to drive you out of business.
Bernard wrote:Please don't let that happen!
Give me a good reason.
Bernard wrote:Peace Dollars Errors: While, the 2008 Peace Dollar is totally SOLD OUT, there are still a few Peace Dollar Errors available. These Errors consist of the same "Peace" obverse but were erroneously minted with the Ron Paul reverse die.
Yes, come buy our errors... you know the ones we accidentally printed with our enemy's image on the back.

Hey, anyone check out that Free Market Monetary Education Association that hosts the shopping cart? I can't find them at the Secretary of State's office.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Liberty Dollar News Bulletin
Friday October 13, 2008

Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters;

Well, folks here I am right smack in the saddle of a bucking bronco. Bernard has retired and is off inhaling more than your average presidential candidate! To top it all off, he's not even lying about it, and has even started a church in Hawaii. Given the state of affairs in the financial world, I suspect that many Wall Street money managers will be jumping shortly… to join his church to ease their pain.

All joking aside, I want to reassure all of you that the Liberty Dollar remains 100% committed to providing a private inflation proof currency. This is our principle mission and reason for being. You will see no further emails promoting other activities that are not related to this mission.

Now to Liberty Dollar business

What are we building? After Bernard's retirement party, I had the privilege of driving home with Kevin Innes, freedom lover and Asheville RCO extraordinaire. Kevin made a very interesting comment that really got me thinking. He said, "Change is inevitable and always happening. The real question is: What are the new structures we are building?"

The historical record clearly shows the inadvisability of ramping up government spending in response to an economic slowdown. Rather than helping to alleviate the economic distress the increase in government spending during the 1930s actually helped to prolong it. All the government intervention of the last few weeks is only going to make the severity and length of the recession much worse. Most likely you are a Liberty Dollar Associate because you are aware of the dangers in our current monetary system. So I am preaching to the choir here I'm sure. One of the reasons I joined Liberty Dollar was because it presents a solution to this money system mess. The Liberty Dollar for me is the conversation we have after all the doom and gloom conversations about our present circumstances. Life always has circumstances. The Liberty Dollar has a history of one circumstance after another, especially since the raid.

Amazingly we are still here and I assert that the Liberty Dollar is symbolic for what ingenious Americans can build when we put our minds to it. What are you building with your participation in the Liberty Dollar?

As an example of the kind of innovation I am talking about, consider Rob Gray, the Liberty Dollar of Dallas RCO. Rob looked at his market and asked: "How can I make a profit and expand the Liberty Dollar network in Dallas?" He noticed how much Texans like their beef and so he set up a program where he buys and sells Grade A organic beef to his Liberty Dollar network using Liberty Dollars. I love to hear ideas like this. How are you using Liberty Dollars to create community and profit? Is it something we can duplicate as a best practice in other areas? Send an email to success@libertydollar.org with your ideas and suggestions.

We have SILVER and a SHOPPING CART! YEAH!

Liberty Dollar has SILVER and GOLD available - that's right - while most coin shops don't have much in stock, and even the US Mint recently announced they were stopping delivery of the Silver Eagles until they are able to get more silver. PEOPLE WANT SILVER AND WE HAVE IT.

Plus the Liberty Dollar has a useful face value instead of the useless $1 face value of a Silver Eagle so Rob Gray and thousands of other resourceful Americans like him can use it as money.
The saga continues as we strive to keep the Liberty Dollar shopping cart online. Recently, we partnered with Free Market Money Education Association to provide Liberty Dollar credit card services as a reseller for our shopping cart. Then just 45 days later (September 12th to be exact), Bank of America froze the account, and is holding over $10,000 from pending orders because they are "concerned about charge backs." Jim Davidson and Free Market Money was a great assistance to Liberty Dollar in our time of need.

Please don't worry, we will honor all the transactions and if you haven't yet received your order, you will soon. Please note that as Bernard mentioned in his offer for the unique 2008 Hawaii Dala, delivery time will be longer than the usual 30 days. And I now understand it will definitely be well before Christmas.

Meanwhile, our IT Department has the shopping cart back up and we are open for business!! That's right! You can now use the shopping cart again!!! We are working to be able to accept credit cards, too, but for now we only accept checks or money orders. Please use the shopping cart as you would normally and at the checkout screen you can print the invoice to mail in with your check. Click here to go directly to the Liberty Dollar shopping cart!

Announcing the 2009 $1 Peace Dollars 100% pure copper
Pre-order at a discount by November 1st

Click HERE for the shopping cart to order 2009 $1 Peace Dollars. The feedback from the previous $1 Peace Dollar has been overwhelmingly positive and I plan to keep it as a regular issue by Liberty Dollar. Our last order sold out in 2 weeks. They are great to leave as tips or use as change.

It takes approximately 90 days from the day we place the order for the 2009 $1 Peace Dollar to when we accept delivery at the Fulfillment Office in Evansville. We have to pre-pay and order a minimum of 25,000. So we are offering them to you as Liberty Dollar Associates in exclusive pre-order packages with special discounts. Be one of the first to get these new 2009 $1 Peace Dollars at a special rate.

We are accepting pre-orders for specific packages that include freight and a set number of 2009 $1 Peace Dollar's. The packages are as follows:

1. $100, Package includes 100 2009 $1 Peace Dollars plus freight to you.
2. $250, Package includes 300 2009 $1 Peace Dollars plus freight to you.
3. $500, Package includes 625 2009 $1 Peace Dollars plus freight to you.
4. $1,000, Package includes 1300 2009 $1 Peace Dollars plus freight to you.

Please click HERE to place your order. These are discounted rates and the package price includes freight from Liberty Dollar to you. Your pre-order must be placed by November 1st to qualify for these discounted prices. This means the check needs to reach us in an envelope postmarked no later than November 1, 2008. No discounted orders will be accepted that are postmarked after November 1st. Arrival of the 2009 $1 Peace Dollar is anticipated for the month of February 2009.

A closing note:

I recommend for those of you looking for a laugh that you listen to or read this commentary by poet/author Andrei Codrescu titled "After the Bailout" found HERE.

Thank you for all your continued support of the Liberty Dollar and remember if we change the money, we change the world!

Dan Priest, CEO Liberty Dollar
Demo.

Post by . »

New and additional target of a federal investigation wrote:those of you looking for a laugh
Poor guy. Reduced to humor at his own expense.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.

Post by . »

Silver just dropped under $10 for the first time in about 2 1/2 years. Probably on its way to $5. Copper has fallen in half from its $4+ highs. Probably on its way back to 80 cents from whence it came.

This sorry outfit may just go away on its own and save the Feds some trouble.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I'm curious about that church that Von NotHaus started in Hawaii.

Do you think he accepts Montana Freemen checks in the collection plate??
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

Dan Priest wrote: The feedback from the previous $1 Peace Dollar has been overwhelmingly positive and I plan to keep it as a regular issue by Liberty Dollar. Our last order sold out in 2 weeks. They are great to leave as tips or use as change.

It takes approximately 90 days from the day we place the order for the 2009 $1 Peace Dollar to when we accept delivery at the Fulfillment Office in Evansville. We have to pre-pay and order a minimum of 25,000.
Why do they need to pre-pay or order a minimum of anything -- don't they have all that metal sitting somewhere, and their dies cranked up and ready to go?

Or has the now-retired Bernard set HIMSELF up as the supplier for NORFED's funny money?
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

There's a very real possibility that Von NotHaus, who owned, and maybe still owns, the "Royal Hawaiian Mint", has set himself up as the manufacturer of LD funny money even though the LD organization, now his customer, is being run by somebody else. This is a situation that essentially takes the lumps out of the gravy. Von NotHaus get paid for his merchandise and for making it but he avoids legal liability for how LD/NORFED advertises it or sells it to its membership.

I wonder what kind of money Von NotHaus accepts for the funny money he's churning out. I kinda doubt it's anything but FRNs.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Dan Priest wrote:Liberty Dollar News Bulletin
Friday October 13, 2008
Friday was the 10th. At this point, I totally believe that you used to work for Microsoft.
Dan Priest wrote:Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters;
All three of you.
Dan Priest wrote:Well, folks here I am right smack in the saddle of a bucking bronco.
The bronco you're getting paid to ride.
Dan Priest wrote:Bernard has retired and is off inhaling more than your average presidential candidate!
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to take away from this. Does it mean that he's worse than politicians (who already set a pretty low standard) or does it mean that his reefer love makes him more qualified to run the country? Who wants a president that will pass out laughing when the news comes in that Canada has nuked LA?
Dan Priest wrote:To top it all off, he's not even lying about it
Apathy is a symptom of abusing Mary Jane. I'm sure all those people who sent money to Bernard are absolutely thrilled to know that their patron saint of economy is a habitual toker.
Dan Priest wrote:and has even started a church in Hawaii.
Yeah, where they give you free marijuana so you can get high and talk to God. It's called "Chemicalology". I guess it's like Scientology, except Bernard has no hope of jumping up and down on Oprah's couch.

And don't forget, Bernard says that the church is 100% legal! But, IIRC, he said pretty much the same thing about the LD....
Dan Priest wrote:Given the state of affairs in the financial world, I suspect that many Wall Street money managers will be jumping shortly… to join his church to ease their pain.
I don't care how strong your munchy needs are, you can't pay your rent with Doritos.
Dan Priest wrote:All joking aside,
Oh, that was supposed to be funny? ha ha ha.
Dan Priest wrote:I want to reassure all of you that the Liberty Dollar remains 100% committed to providing a private inflation proof currency. This is our principle mission and reason for being. You will see no further emails promoting other activities that are not related to this mission.
Telling me that LD "remains" 100% committed right before admitting that it was spending time on items unrelated to LD and thus was not 100% committed to the LD just demonstrates why you got on that bucking bronco.
Dan Priest wrote:Now to Liberty Dollar business
Yeah...because you're 100% committed to the LD...except for the first part of this...update...thing.
Dan Priest wrote:What are we building?
Wheelchairs for Parrots!
Dan Priest wrote: After Bernard's retirement party, I had the privilege of driving home with Kevin Innes, freedom lover and Asheville RCO extraordinaire.
Wow, that's great. Which one of you was over the legal limit? Or do you live together? Adorable.
Dan Priest wrote:Kevin made a very interesting comment that really got me thinking.
"I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts."
Dan Priest wrote:He said, "Change is inevitable and always happening. The real question is: What are the new structures we are building?"
Factories that only manufacture car stereos and... fat free ding dongs with potato chip filling..
Dan Priest wrote:Most likely you are a Liberty Dollar Associate because you are aware of the dangers in our current monetary system. So I am preaching to the choir here I'm sure.
And yet you won't shut up.
Dan Priest wrote:One of the reasons I joined Liberty Dollar was because it presents a solution to this money system mess.
I have a question. If the dollar completely collapses, and the LD is valued based on the dollar price of silver in US Dollars...then does my LD drop to $0? How will I purchase them from you, or rather how will you put more into circulation when you tell everyone that it's based on the dollar price of silver and that the dollar is worth nothing?
Dan Priest wrote:The Liberty Dollar for me is the conversation we have after all the doom and gloom conversations about our present circumstances.
No, sweetie, the LD is a product, not a conversation. And stop eating the paste.
Dan Priest wrote:The Liberty Dollar has a history of one circumstance after another, especially since the raid.
What a fancy way of saying, "If it wasn't one thing, it was another."
Dan Priest wrote:Amazingly we are still here
Except Bernard is in Hawaii in a smoke-filled room giggling like a maniac.
Dan Priest wrote:and I assert that the Liberty Dollar is symbolic for what ingenious Americans can build when we put our minds to it.
And I assert the Liberty Dollar is symbolic for what one man can convince people to spend money on. Okay, it's not really symbolic.
Dan Priest wrote:What are you building with your participation in the Liberty Dollar?
The balance in LD's bank account?
Dan Priest wrote:How are you using Liberty Dollars to create community and profit?
I avoid them.
Dan Priest wrote:We have SILVER and a SHOPPING CART! YEAH!
Wait! You've got SHINY OBJECTS and a CHRONICALLY ILL ORDERING SYSTEM! YEAH!
Dan Priest wrote:The saga continues as we strive to keep the Liberty Dollar shopping cart online.
Well, you've got plenty of experience with faulty software, so I'm sure you'll have no problem honing in on just the right excuses for the flakiness. Hell, you can probably find a plethora in your Microsoft Employee Handbook.
Dan Priest wrote:Recently, we partnered with Free Market Money Education Association to provide Liberty Dollar credit card services as a reseller for our shopping cart. Then just 45 days later (September 12th to be exact), Bank of America froze the account, and is holding over $10,000 from pending orders because they are "concerned about charge backs."
Let me get this straight. The Feds seized your stock last year...so you couldn't fulfill orders. This year, BOA seized your money so you can't fulfill orders. I guess it really is one thing after another with you guys. And while it's easy to place the blame on BOA, it is ultimately the activity in your account which dictates their actions. Trust me pal, I've seen where the merchant has frozen accounts and held charges and there's usually some pretty nasty activity which triggers it. I would love to parse your merchant statements. It would bring me such joy to see the extend of financial stupidity that is more than likely being exhibited by our economic saviors. Bank statements would be icing since, in circumstances such as these, it's a bigger train wreck than the merchant statements.
Dan Priest wrote:Please don't worry, we will honor all the transactions and if you haven't yet received your order, you will soon.
Just like they've attempted to do so after the raid, right? Sorry, folks, I don't think you'll be seeing your orders.
Dan Priest wrote:Please note that as Bernard mentioned in his offer for the unique 2008 Hawaii Dala, delivery time will be longer than the usual 30 days.
Probably because Bernard used the orders to roll his roaches and don't expect him to remember any of them...or his own name at this point.
Dan Priest wrote:And I now understand it will definitely be well before Christmas.
Of what year?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Who wants a president that will pass out laughing when the news comes in that Canada has nuked LA?
Umm, let's talk about that. Hell, I'd pass out laughing if Canada nuked LA and I don't even smoke pot.

:P
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Beverages down.
From: Bernard von NotHaus [mailto:bernard@libertydollar.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 6:54 PM
Subject: Announcement regarding my retirement

Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters:

I can't believe I am retired! It feels great!

I deeply appreciate your support for the Liberty Dollar and urge you to continue supporting it - at this most critical time.

Please understand that this announcement is about my new project and in no way does it reflect on the Liberty Dollar. I have turned over the reins of the Liberty Dollar to a new team and I feel very confident about the longevity of the ideals it represents.

Now that you have learned the truth about the fraudulent government money, I invite you to learn the truth about religion and discover the God within your own mind.

As a child I was very moralistic. Then I was deeply religious. Then deeply deceived and openly suspicious of any God. Then I discovered an amazing new God within my own mind. And now I have decided to take action on a matter that I am very dedicated to.

So I invite you to click HERE to read a brief Press Release and discover the God within your own mind.

http://www.freemarijuanachurch.org/cont ... lease.html

Thanks again for all your support.
Bernard von NotHaus

PS: If you have an interest in this topic and want to spread the word, please click on this link: http://www3.capwiz.com/y/dbq/media. Then click five media locations in your area (limit 5 at a time) and send the Press Release to them. Thanks!
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Faaaaarrrrrrrrr out maannnn.

Hey, dude, you got any munchies?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Von NotHaus is certainly not your usual dope dealer. In fact, he does not sell marijuana at the Free Marijuana Church. He gives it away - for free! Church members simply step into the "high room" for one toke of sacramental marijuana then retire to the Meditation Room and close their eyes in serene bliss.
What? Only one toke? Let me guess - additional tokes are going to require a "gift?"
Von NotHaus is adamant his church is legal - quoting the First Amendment and pointing to court decisions regarding the Native America Church that uses peyote as its sacrament. Plus he says that the church is financially well prepared to defend its use of marijuana as a religious sacrament.
Well, at least now I understand where he got the idea that somehow he could mint counterfeit money. It came from all those fog-shrouded sessions in the "meditation chamber.
Von NotHaus confesses to using marijuana for over 40 years and has kept a Journal of his sacramental usage every Sunday for the past 12 years. He sounds like a modern day Martin Luther who is well prepared to challenge the current religious landscape.
And this is the man that Stevesy thought was on the up and up?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff

Post by . »

I don't seem to recall VonNutball extolling the virtues of weed in any of his LD screeds.

It might be interesting to hear the commentary of the average LD buyer upon finding out that the guy behind the operation is a long-term doper, considering that most of them are slightly to the right of Attila the Hun.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Von NotHaus should, if he cares about the Legalize MJ movement, completely dissociate himself from it.

He is seriously undermining the movement's claim that MJ doesn't cause any long-term mental damage.