Freedom to Fascism on PBS last night

gezco

Freedom to Fascism on PBS last night

Post by gezco »

So, I’m surfing through the channels last night and PBS was airing “Freedom to Fascism”. Guess I need to look for a different charity to support. Why would they give that air time? This was the local Denver channel. I looked and they are airing it again on Wednesday 12/10. What’s even worse is they tied into their pledge drive.

http://www.kbdi.org/tv_schedule/program ... d=18420255
All_Empires_Fall

Re: Freedom to Fascism on PBS last night

Post by All_Empires_Fall »

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOd %#@$##$@&!&#$@#^

An organization aired a program that isn't pro-government! WTF is this country coming too?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

PBS won't like hearing that they are airing a program which advocates fraud. I'll call them tomorrow.
Demo.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

There's something very, very wrong with showing F2F on the same channel as Sesame Street. Next up, Big Bird will be teaching our kids how to gauge the step up/down of the LD while Oscar the Grouch gets his trash can levied.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
All_Empires_Fall

PBS won't like hearing that they are airing a program which advocates fraud. I'll call them tomorrow.
So any film maker who voices an opinion through a documentary that is contrary to what the United States government says is an advocate of fraud?

*rolls eyes*

Sweet fancy Moses.
Besides the 16th, is there ANY amendment that you think people should be allowed to excercise?

Don't worry about that phone call Demosthitler, I know a thousand people who will call and tell them go right on ahead expressing their guaranteed constitutional right known as freedom of speech.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

First and last warning.

Watch the language or go on moderated / edited status.

If you want to play here, play nice.
All_Empires_Fall

Did I even hint towards a single word of profanity or vulgarity?

So this is a public forum that on a daily basis sadisticly berates citizens of the United States who excercise their constitutional right of petition, and yet I'm not allowed to post an opposing view to your own here?

Hmmmm... Theres a word that describes, that, and it starts with Fas... or am I not allowed to say that either?
gezco

Post by gezco »

All_Empires_Fall wrote: Besides the 16th, is there ANY amendment that you think people should be allowed to excercise?

Don't worry about that phone call Demosthitler, I know a thousand people who will call and tell them go right on ahead expressing their guaranteed constitutional right known as freedom of speech.
So what are you saying? You and your loony friends should have freendom of speach, but Demo shouln't? You guys crack me up. You think you're the only ones with rights.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

All_Empires_Fall wrote:
So any film maker who voices an opinion through a documentary that is contrary to what the United States government says is an advocate of fraud?
AHAHAHAH!!!

The only reason Russo made this film in the first place is because he was mad at the fact he was $2 million in the hole with the IRS.

I'd be pretty pissed off, too, if I owed Uncle Sam that much.

Why...I think I'd even whine about the injustice of it all. How dare that federal government make me cough up what I owe! The nerve of these people!

You're such a tool.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

CaptainKickback wrote:Hey now, that's unfair Dok......to tools - as they serve a purpose and do important work.
I'm sorry. From now on I'll refer to AEF as Mr. Dunsel.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
gezco

Post by gezco »

CaptainKickback wrote:AEF has a right to freedom of speech, just as we have the freedom to ignore him.
He does have freedom of speech, but not here. It’s not exactly a public forum. The owner(s) of the URL have the right to control what is and is not allowed on the web cite. That authority appears to rest with Demo. If he doesn’t like that, he’s free not to come here or free to get his own web cite and post what he wants.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

gezco wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:AEF has a right to freedom of speech, just as we have the freedom to ignore him.
He does have freedom of speech, but not here. It’s not exactly a public forum. The owner(s) of the URL have the right to control what is and is not allowed on the web cite. That authority appears to rest with Demo. If he doesn’t like that, he’s free not to come here or free to get his own web cite and post what he wants.
But then the troll wouldn't get the attention that he so desperately craves.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

All_Empires_Fall wrote:Did I even hint towards a single word of profanity or vulgarity?

So this is a public forum that on a daily basis sadisticly berates citizens of the United States who excercise their constitutional right of petition, and yet I'm not allowed to post an opposing view to your own here?

Hmmmm... Theres a word that describes, that, and it starts with Fas... or am I not allowed to say that either?
You, and anyone else, can exercise your Constitutional right to petition with out fear of reprisal or punishment. Just don't expect an answer, since the Constitution doesn't mandate one.

And, if the petition is stupid enough, don't expect people to just sit around admiring your work. It will receive all the derision it deserves and our full support of your right to submit it.

Oops, that was two concepts in one sentence. I thing I just heard someone's brain explode from overload.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

All_Empires_Fall wrote:....
Documentary? :lol:

There's far too much dreck out there purporting to be "documentary" work that is little more than really bad PR fluff seeking out the attention of ignorant assignment editors and those who have an axe to grind.

A real documentary will survive as an historically viable treatise of the time and issues involved. Politicized propaganda is short lived as has been the case with FTF.

Ken Burns' treatment of the civil war is a documentary. FTF is not.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Aaron Russo, before he died, could probably compete with Michael Moore in a contest of who can take the most quotes out of context while making a two-hour movie.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the signs that school is out for the holidays?

don't feed the trolls
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

No. The library's running a sale on the pay-per-hour Internet computer.
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Post by Randall »

Just a guess: the local station manager has an ax to grind with the revenooers.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

The local PBS station (KUHT) has run programs during pledge drives which were as truth impaired as FTF, but none advocated illegal activity. I could see some value in running FTF with frequent interuptions for reality checks. But it will probably be interupted only by the gushing praise that accompanies any pledge drive progamming.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

Have any of you actually watched the movie? It wouldn't surprise me if none of you have watched it completely but insist on offering your comments as to its contents. If any of you actually have please identify where is advocates fraud. The movie merely asks a lot of questions that seemingly have answers contrary to popular belief. At no point does it advocate not paying taxes or not filing.