Anthony Dorsey gets 3 years (Becraft as atty)

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Anthony Dorsey gets 3 years (Becraft as atty)

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.explorehoward.com/news/13608 ... ing-taxes/

Columbia man jailed for three years for not paying taxes Posted 12/01/08

A U.S. District Court judge sentenced a Columbia man to more than three years in prison Dec. 1 for failing to file tax returns for seven years.

Anthony Edwin Dorsey, 59, was sentenced to 37 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release by U.S. District Judge Marvin J. Garbis, according to a statement from U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod J. Rosenstein.

In September, Dorsey was convicted of five counts of attempting to evade income taxes and seven counts of failing to file tax returns on $895,000 in income from his consulting business.

Dorsey operated an information technology consulting service known as Allnet System Resources starting in 1999 and was responsible for paying federal and state income, payroll and Medicare taxes, according to Rosenstein. From 2001 to 2007 Dorsey was paid at least $895,000 and did not file federal tax returns or pay taxes on the income, according to Rosenstein.

Dorsey's attorney, Larry Becraft of Huntsville, Ala., did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment on the sentencing.
Demo.
Nikki

Re: Anthony Dorsey gets 3 years (Becraft as atty)

Post by Nikki »

2001 - 2007 -- eight years

$895,000 in income

$112,000 per year (approximately) is not chump change, even the Washington DC suburbs.

Dorsey was nothing more than a slime-ball cheat.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

CaptainKickback wrote:Demo - for those of us playing the home game, can you, or other readers here tell the home viewer what Bcraft's track record is in the various criminal, tax-related cases?
This was discussed in a thread on Sherry Jackson, and the best information is that Becraft has three jury trial wins (Lloyd Long, Vernice Kuglin, and Tommy Cryer) and one (1) appellate win (Silkman, which resulted in a retrial and conviction).

But that's still better than Jeffrey Dickstein. I was doing some research on him today and not only can't I find any wins, but he seems to be competing with Oscar Stilley for the "How Many Districts Will Deny Me Pro Hac Vice Status" Prize.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

LPC wrote:But that's still better than Jeffrey Dickstein. I was doing some research on him today and not only can't I find any wins, but he seems to be competing with Oscar Stilley for the "How Many Districts Will Deny Me Pro Hac Vice Status" Prize.
Dickstein and Bernhoft co-represented Banister.
Demo.