Federal undercover operation against Hendrickson & followers

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I just thought I'd create this separate thread as a place for interested people to discuss or provide conjecture about the possible contours, the details, and the, uh, ramifications of the newly-disclosed Federal undercover operation against PeterEricBlowhardMeister Hendrickson and his Cracking the Code/losthorizons dot com tax scam.

The fact that the creation of this thread necessarily involved the creation of a thread title that might scare a follower of Peter Hendrickson when the title first catches the eye, of course, had nothing to do with my decision to create the thread, or to entitle it in the way that I did.

Oh, losthorizoners, in case you missed it, the title of this thread is:

Of course, I have nothing really cogent to say about the topic right now.

Did I mention the topic? Hey, Hendrickson's Heroes, if you missed it, it's:

OK, I'll go back to my room now.....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Re: Federal undercover operation against Hendrickson & followers

Post by Famspear »

Is it true that, as part of the undercover operation, the Feds put listening devices under the beds of some of Hendrickson's followers?

I hadn't actually heard that this had happened; I'm just wondering if it's true......
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

I'm not surprized Famspear. I would be curious as to what the process is for judges to issue warrants in this type of investigation. What is the "probable cause" necessary for a prospective target to be investigated? How many complaints by suckered customers have to be generated before surveillance begins--i.e. mail cover operations, phone eavesdropping, unmarked FBI squad cars following a given suspicious person?
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

What if all the undercover stuff relates to the mail bomb incident?
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

No need for an undercover operation, since many of Pete's idiots have posted their checks on his website, he has the MC and Visa numbers for the people who bought his materials, and the IP addresses for those participating on his website are logged.

The real cog is that most of those using Pete's methods are Weston White-types who don't have the proverbial pot to piss in anyhow, and would have paid very little tax anyhow with minimal tax planning.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

vtyankee wrote:I would be curious as to what the process is for judges to issue warrants in this type of investigation.
Generally speaking, none. A warrant is only necessary for a search - mail intercepts, third-party wiretaps, physical searches and the like. A LEO can follow you around, pretend to be your buddy/acolyte, tape your calls with him, wear a wire on you, all without a warrant.

Heh, heh.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:[ . . . .] A LEO can follow you around, pretend to be your buddy/acolyte, tape your calls with him, wear a wire on you, all without a warrant.

Heh, heh.
But, but, but...... But it's not faaaaaiiiiiiirrrrrr!

Waaaaaahhhhhhhh!
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Someone posted on a conservative hard asset site that he had heard from a very good friend success with "Lost Horizons", a big fat check was kicked out by the US Treasury. Who can argue with success?

I posted a response to answer, in no uncertain terms, that the whole Hendrickson operation, and Pete, in particular, where on very thin ice. IRS CID. Enough said... :roll:
Last edited by Number Six on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

vtyankee wrote:Someone posted on a conservative hard asset site that he had heard from a very good friend success with "Lost Horizons", a big fat check was kicked out by the US Treasury. Who can argue with success? Boston T. Party, no fool himself and the author of several "practical" books, emailed me and hailed "Lost Horizons" as the cutting edge with regard to fooling those IRS/IBM computers, some which have been in operation since the 1960's.

I posted a response to answer, in no uncertain terms, that the whole Hendrickson operation, and Pete, in particular, where on very thin ice. IRS CID. Enough said... :roll:
Maybe it's the fever... was part of that not written in English?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie