Sovereign Citizens Bust

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Sovereign Citizens Bust

Post by Demosthenes »

Nikki wrote:The laptop gets carried. The power supply, etc, get packed.
Yup.
Demo.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Demosthenes wrote:
Yup.
I'm curious. Is this done solely for convenience sake, or are their airline reg's at play?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:
Yup.
I'm curious. Is this done solely for convenience sake, or are their airline reg's at play?
Convenience. Some foreign airports only allow one piece of carry-on luggage, so purse contents and laptop case have to be combined.

My luggage was delivered within 24 hours of my flight so all is well.

Good ol' caribbean efficiency. It was practically guaranteed that I would fly to DC while my luggage went to Chicago.
Demo.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Demosthenes wrote: Convenience. Some foreign airports only allow one piece of carry-on luggage, so purse contents and laptop case have to be combined.

My luggage was delivered within 24 hours of my flight so all is well.

Good ol' caribbean efficiency. It was practically guaranteed that I would fly to DC while my luggage went to Chicago.
Gotcha. Thanks, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some new TSA reg.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Or, you can get some very nice sub-notebooks with 13.3" screens, lots of RAM and either a traditional hard drive or SSD AND a DVD burner/player. Weight with power unit is about 5 pounds.
I always travel with an ultra-light. My Vaio is 3.2 pounds.

There's just too much to carry on-board (wallet, MP3 player, Blackberry, jewelry, chapstick, prescriptions, digital camera, reading book, Kakuro book, mechanical pencil, etc.) so some non-essential stuff (computer cord/brick) gets relegated to cargo.

T'ain't a big deal. My data is backed up offsite every day, and I have other computers at home I can use while I wait for the luggage to be delivered. I travel roughly 3 months out of every year and my luggage has been lost once (by a cruise ship) and delivered late by various airlines about a half dozen times in 20+ years of traveling.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

CaptainKickback wrote:I travel sans the Blackberry
[Sounds of tires screeching.]

Oh my god. That's just aweful.
Demo.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

When I first got my celullar phone, it was a box the size of my current laptop, cost several hundred dollars, cost an outlandish fee pre minute to use and at the time only rich, famous or important people had them.

Now, only rich famous or important people don't have them.

If you want to talk to me on the phone, you have to make prior arrangements through my various vassals and miscileanious minions and friends of friends....not because I'm important, I'm just more or less anti social.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Or are some people really that dumb?

DING
DING
DNG

We have a winner!
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

My mother has been dithering over a notebook purchase for almost a year now so i've been doing a lot of research. I was not that impressed with the previous eee, but the latest model seems to have everything one would need for basic operations. I've also seen the HP Mini in operation and it looks pretty good too, even handles streaming video. We just need one more development, a lower cost, lower powered flash drive of 80g or better and the only difference between a regular notebook and a mini will be the size.

As for travel, i haven't done that in a while but i'm prepared. I have a neck pouch that'll hold my wallet, keys, cell phone and a roll of Tums. And of course tickets. That fits into a small shoulder bag that also holds a book, tissues, camera, and some granola bars. And that fits into a carryon that also holds my laptop and some clothes.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

CaptainKickback wrote:He says phone, but I think he rerally means Blackberry

He meant IPhone - he did say entertains and touch.......
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:There's just too much to carry on-board (wallet, MP3 player, Blackberry, jewelry, chapstick, prescriptions, digital camera, reading book, Kakuro book, mechanical pencil, etc.) so some non-essential stuff (computer cord/brick) gets relegated to cargo.
You've got to learn to prioritize. You could do without the wallet, jewelry, chapstick, prescriptions, reading book, and mechanical pencil.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

If I am forced to fly commercial I UPS my luggage ahead and get on the plane with a laptop bag and a not much else. But I hardly ever fly commercial, being a pilot I hate being on a plane with someone else driving, especially great big ones, I always have ear problems for days after a commercial flight.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

LPC wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:There's just too much to carry on-board (wallet, MP3 player, Blackberry, jewelry, chapstick, prescriptions, digital camera, reading book, Kakuro book, mechanical pencil, etc.) so some non-essential stuff (computer cord/brick) gets relegated to cargo.
You've got to learn to prioritize. You could do without the wallet, jewelry, chapstick, prescriptions, reading book, and mechanical pencil.
Are you totally deranged?
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LPC wrote:
A Kakuro book without a mechanical pencil?

The horror...
Demo.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Demosthenes wrote:
LPC wrote:
A Kakuro book without a mechanical pencil?

The horror...
Maybe LPC uses a permanent marker. :?:
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote: A Kakuro book without a mechanical pencil?

The horror...
I was thinking that he used the blood of tax protesters, but maybe those surveillance photos were in error.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

webhick wrote:
Demosthenes wrote: A Kakuro book without a mechanical pencil?

The horror...
I was thinking that he used the blood of tax protesters, but maybe those surveillance photos were in error.
TSA frowns on that. It's a liquid, after all.
Demo.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

webhick wrote:
You mean the photo's with the shape shifting lizards using the Slap Chop on the tp's? They're accurate.

Shhh!
Demosthenes wrote:
TSA frowns on that. It's a liquid, after all.
As long as it's less than 3 ounces... :twisted:
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

This just in, from our "Hey Did You Happen To See a Drunk Sovereign Country Drive By Here in a Car a Few Minutes Ago?" Department:
Pa. DUI defendant claims that he's his own country

[Associated Press, Wednesday, March 11, 2009]

EASTON, Pa. – A man accused of driving drunk said Pennsylvania courts have no jurisdiction over him because he's his own country. After seeing the paperwork that 44-year-old Scott Allan Witmer filed with the court claiming sovereignty, a Northampton County judge said Tuesday he cannot be released from jail until he gets a mental exam.

Witmer, who represented himself, said he believes police lack jurisdiction to pull him over. As he said in court: "I live inside myself, not in Pennsylvania." He said there is no victim in the crime and asked to go to trial.

Defense attorney James Connell, Witmer's standby counsel, said a challenge to the traffic stop would need to be filed as a pretrial motion.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090311/ap_ ... v6VF1I2ocA
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Let's look at that again......
Witmer, who represented himself, said he believes police lack jurisdiction to pull him over. As he said in court: "I live inside myself, not in Pennsylvania."
I know just what he means. I live inside myself, too. Actually, there are parts of myself that I don't like to hang out in too much, though. On work days, I stay in the head, arms and fingers. On the weekends, I pretty much spend most of the time in the old gluteus maximus, you know. Unfortunately, there are some parts of me I'd like to visit more often, but I just don't get the chance. It seems my wife is always too busy to take me there. Oh, but why should I bother you with my troubles. Still, it would be nice to......
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet