More corruption in the courts?

cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: More corruption in the courts?

Post by cynicalflyer »

bostonteaparty wrote: What?? Are you kidding? Are we as web site owners responsible for claims of service made on sites we link to now?
You are responsible "as web site owners" when YOU OWN THE WEBSITE, Michael.

This was the first registration information for Bostonteapartybook.com
Registrant:
Ioane Enterprises
108 East John Street
Carson City, Nevada 89706
United States

Domain Name: BOSTONTEAPARTYBOOK.COM
Created on: 22-Jul-07
Expires on: 25-Jul-10
Last Updated on: 28-Sep-07

Administrative Contact:
Ioane, Michael scriba@truthinlaw.org
Ioane Enterprises
108 East John Street
United States
(775) 331-1185 Fax -- (775) 331-1185

Technical Contact:
Ioane, Michael scriba@truthinlaw.org
Ioane Enterprises
108 East John Street
United States
(775) 331-1185 Fax -- (775) 331-1185

Domain servers in listed order:
NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Current info. I think referring to yourself as a "Law Office" is also a no-no, Michael.
Registrant:
Law Offices of (ABS)
214 West Robinson Street, Ste 888
Carson City, Nevada 89703
United States

Domain Name: BOSTONTEAPARTYBOOK.COM
Created on: 22-Jul-07
Expires on: 25-Jul-18
Last Updated on: 20-Sep-08

Administrative Contact:
Rothchild, Michael
Law Offices of (ABS)
United States
7758411876 Fax -- 7758416067

Technical Contact:
Rothchild, Michael
Law Offices of (ABS)
United States
7758411876 Fax -- 7758416067

Domain servers in listed order:
NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

LPC wrote:A check of "bostonteapartybook.com" shows that the domain is registered to:

Law Offices of (ABS)
United States

But I can't find any evidence that any lawyer has an office in that building.
It just dawned on me that "ABS" would be Acacia Business Solutions.

So Iaone was passing himself off as a lawyer?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:Ahhh. Now I get it.
You mean I got one jump ahead of you?

What's the sound of one hand high-fiving itself?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

LPC wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Ahhh. Now I get it.
You mean I got one jump ahead of you?

Dang. :oops:
Demo.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Normally such a misrepresentation would probably be overlooked, but as part of a case involving fraudulent legal advice i'd say it goes to intent.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

grixit wrote:Normally such a misrepresentation would probably be overlooked, but as part of a case involving fraudulent legal advice i'd say it goes to intent.
Yep. Intent. Willfulness. Mens Rea.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I wouldn't know. It's usually drowned out by the sounds of someone falling down the basement stairs after the cat "accidentally" gets tangled in his feet.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Paul wrote:
I wouldn't know. It's usually drowned out by the sounds of someone falling down the basement stairs after the cat "accidentally" gets tangled in his feet.

So that's why she wears the melon helmet!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

So that's why she wears the melon helmet![/quote]

I thought it was either a hollowed-out granny smith apple or a carved-up game ball.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Number Six wrote:I thought it was either a hollowed-out granny smith apple or a carved-up game ball.
And I always thought it was a slice or peel of lime.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Pomelo. Some varietals can grow as large as basketballs. They're popular in China, which is the probable origin of my avatar pic.

Demo.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Demosthenes wrote:Pomelo. Some varietals can grow as large as basketballs. They're popular in China, which is the probable origin of my avatar pic.

Woah, Agnes, now that's a nice lookin' set!

:)

Uh, I mean a nice lookin' set of pomelos.

You know.....

........or, would the plural be "pomeloes"??

EDIT: I apologize in advance if my reaction unfortunately engenders a responsive series of tasteless, adolescently sophomoric, testosterone-laden pomelo jokes.

Boy, that really is a nice lookin' set, though....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Pomelos (native to southeast asian native) were crossed with sweet oranges to create grapefruits, probably in Barbados. Pomelos are generally milder and thicker skinned than grapefruit. Interestingly, the US may be largest commercial producer of pomelos.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Demosthenes wrote:Pomelo. Some varietals can grow as large as basketballs. They're popular in China, which is the probable origin of my avatar pic.

Now I'm wondering what sort of adult beverage I could fill it with if I sliced one in half and hollowed them out.

Yes, I know... I have a one-track mind.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Sangria, served from the pomelos in the bra of a store dummy dressed as Carmen Miranda.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ElfNinosMom

Post by ElfNinosMom »

Those websites look like a shell game to me, all intended to lead unsuspecting visitors to believe that they are separate and distinct businesses, thus leading others to believe that more than one person supports the position held by the other sites. That wouldn't be a problem in and of itself, even though it is dishonest, except for the criminal charges related to those sites.

Since it is a condition of supervised release pending trial, then yes, a judge can indeed do that, as can PreTrial Services since it is their job to ensure that the conditions of bond are met. I therefore don't see a problem, since it is not at this point a permanent condition and after trial, the order would no longer be in effect at all. If acquitted, he can do what he wants again (at least until he is charged with another computer-related crime) and if found guilty, a new order would take effect (though possibly incorporating the terms of that present order).

If the alleged crime was unrelated to the website, the court wouldn't care about it at all. People out on bond and even house arrest are allowed use computers as much as they want, because their crime was not computer-related. So if you don't want to have someone telling you what to do with your website, then don't do anything on the internet which might get you charged with a crime.

His only options are to do as he is told, or risk having his personal recognizance bond revoked. After all, a personal recognizance bond is trusting the accused to abide by the conditions set by the court. If he didn't like those conditions, he should have appealed them (which he would know if he were really a lawyer, and didn't just play one on the internet). If he refuses to play by the rules everyone else must follow, even under threat of additional arrest, perhaps a personal recognizance bond was not the best idea anyway.

At least they gave him a chance to redeem himself by complying with the court's order, because PreTrial Services doesn't have to do that, and usually won't. They could have just revoked his bond, and been done with it.

I'm still not sure how he can comply since he is not permitted to use computers, though assumably he could ask his wife or someone else to do it for him (but of course that is a whole other problem, since he would have to give them the site password, and would still be responsible for anything they did with the site). However if his wife (assuming he has one) is smart, she doesn't want to know the password, because she doesn't want to get arrested too. Perhaps the only solution is that PreTrial Services could allow him do it under their direct supervision, for his protection from being accused of violating the conditions of release, and allow him to change the password afterward, so they can't be blamed for anything he does after that.

I just hope he has the good sense to be represented by an attorney, rather than representing himself in federal court.
voiceofpeople

Post by voiceofpeople »

Any one heard about Mike Ioane, I heard his case was dismissed with prejudice and that the Grand Jury is investigating the prosecutor for lying; can anyone verify this?
Doktor Avalanche

That sounds like your source was Michael Ioane, in which case you can safely dismiss it as a complete fabrication.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

voiceofpeople wrote:Any one heard about Mike Ioane, I heard his case was dismissed with prejudice and that the Grand Jury is investigating the prosecutor for lying; can anyone verify this?
The most recent entry in the criminal docket shows that Ioane may end up behind bars in about two hours from now and remain there prior to his trial date.

06/30/2009 33 MINUTES (Text Only) for proceedings held before Judge Sandra M. Snyder on 6/30/2009: INITIAL APPEARANCE re REVOCATION of Violation re: Pretrial Service Release Conditions as to Michael S Ioane (3) held - advised charges, rights; a lengthy discussion - Denial entered by defendant. EVIDENTIARY HEARING set for 7/15/2009 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 7 (SMS) before Judge Sandra M. Snyder. BAIL REVIEW held - further lengthy discussion. Defendant Order Released on Amended/Modified Conditions: not access the Internet & proof disconnection; not use or possess a computer; remove all computers from primary & secondary residences by end of business today; PTS conduct unannounced home contact by 7/2/09 5:00pm; dft may attend an event on 7/2/09 from 5:00pm to 10:00pm with proof verification; electronic monitorying & pay cost, home incarceration. All other conditions of release previously imposed and not in conflict with this Order, shall remain in full force and effect. Government Counsel M. Cullers and J. Terzian present. Defense Counsel A. Capozzi present. Custody Status: on Bond - present. Court Reporter/CD Number: ECRO. (Herman, H) (Entered: 06/30/2009)

07/02/2009 34 MINUTES (Text Only) for proceedings held before District Judge Lawrence J. O'Neill: STATUS CONFERENCE as to Vincent Steven Booth, Louise Q. Booth, Michael S Ioane held on 7/2/2009. Motions due by 7/31/2009, Responses due by 8/21/2009, Motion Hearing set for 8/28/2009 at 11:00 AM in Courtroom 4(LJO) before District Judge Lawrence J. O'Neill. XE Start: 7/2/2009 Stop: 8/28/2009. Government Counsel J. Terzian present. Defense Counsel E. Fogderude, K Hart, and A Capozzi present. Custody Status: Bond. Court Reporter: Peggy Crawford. (Kusamura, W) (Entered: 07/02/2009)

07/02/2009 35 MINUTE ORDER ***TEXT Only***: the Court hererby moves the Evidentiary Hearing re Violation of PTS Release as to Michael S. Ioane (3) from Judge Snyder's calendar of Wednesday, 7/15/09 to Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 10:30 AM in Courtroom 9 (DLB) before Judge Dennis L. Beck. signed by Judge Sandra M. Snyder on 7/2/2009. (Herman, H) (Entered: 07/02/2009)

07/02/2009 35 MINUTE ORDER ***TEXT Only***: the Court hererby moves the Evidentiary Hearing re Violation of PTS Release as to Michael S. Ioane (3) from Judge Snyder's calendar of Wednesday, 7/15/09 to Tuesday, July 28, 2009 at 10:30 AM in Courtroom 9 (DLB) before Judge Dennis L. Beck. signed by Judge Sandra M. Snyder on 7/2/2009. (Herman, H) (Entered: 07/02/2009)
Demo.
Doktor Avalanche

See? You can safely dismiss it as a complete fabrication.