Bob needs $3,000,000

Nikki

Bob needs $3,000,000

Post by Nikki »

WTP aka BS is planning its historic Continental Congress 2009 -- to take place 11/4 - 11/29/2009 at a location to be announced.

Unfortunately, there's one tiny detail to clear up first:
The costs of CC 2009 fall into five principal categories:
1. The cost of informing and educating the body politic about the Continental Congress: what it is, why it is being convened, what the issues are, what’s at stake and the importance of reaching a critical mass of people (5% or more) willing to consider the justification of the course of action recommended by the delegates to the Continental Congress 2009 to bring the government back under the control of the Constitution.
$1.3 million for Media Buys for July thru October.
$100K for event sponsorship (Freedom Keeper events that will help leverage awareness)

2. The cost of transporting, lodging and feeding up to 153 delegates.
$300K for lodging and meals for delegates and staff.
20 days, 150 people = $100 per person per day = Econolodge and McFood

3. The cost of licensed stenographers and preparing an official, written transcript of the proceedings.
$50K for stenographic services.

4. The cost of live web casting of the entire proceedings.
$600K for live Web Casting

5. The cost of a team of professional independent contractors required to organize and manage the myriad of tasks required for a successful Continental Congress 2009.
$200K for ten (10) Independent Contractors for six (6) months

6. Contingencies: special AV equipment, transportation costs for delegates who need financial assistance, service fees, overruns, etc.
$300K for contingencies and miscellaneous logistics costs
Snide remark added
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Re: Bob needs $3,000,000

Post by The Operative »

$600,000 for web casting? He must be thinking of hiring the same people that he says charged him more than $30,000 for maintaining his websites.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Nikki wrote:WTP aka BS is planning its historic Continental Congress 2009 -- to take place 11/4 - 11/29/2009 at a location to be announced.
Unfortunately, there's one tiny detail to clear up first:
1. The cost of informing and educating the body politic about the Continental Congress: what it is, why it is being convened, what the issues are, what’s at stake and the importance of reaching a critical mass of people (5% or more) willing to consider the justification of the course of action recommended by the delegates to the Continental Congress 2009 to bring the government back under the control of the Constitution.
$1.3 million for Media Buys for July thru October.
$100K for event sponsorship (Freedom Keeper events that will help leverage awareness)
These people are clueless. $1.3 million over four months? You'd need that much per week. Not to mention there's this idiotic giant leap to "Media Buys" (why is that capitalized?) which indicates they have absolutely no clue about what is commonly known as managing outcomes.
$300K for lodging and meals for delegates and staff.
20 days, 150 people = $100 per person per day = Econolodge and McFood
Sorry - delegates pay their own way. Let them raise their own funds for expenses from people THEY convince. (These doodahs don't understand grass-roots organizing, do they?)
3. The cost of licensed stenographers and preparing an official, written transcript of the proceedings.
$50K for stenographic services.
Wow. Can't even get volunteers.
4. The cost of live web casting of the entire proceedings.
$600K for live Web Casting
BS. YouTube is free.
5. The cost of a team of professional independent contractors required to organize and manage the myriad of tasks required for a successful Continental Congress 2009.
Sure. Qualified flacks and organizers are going to work for six months for what amounts to $40K a year. My lawn guy makes twice that. Good luck.
6. Contingencies: special AV equipment, transportation costs for delegates who need financial assistance, service fees, overruns, etc.
$300K for contingencies and miscellaneous logistics costs
This reminds me of business plans you see where the people behind them are completely clueless. "If I get $3M I will be able to make $3M a year within two years. I need $2M for advertising and $1M for _________________ (fill in the blank)."

"Investing" in this scam borders on fraudulent inducement.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Where do you find professional Continental Congress organizers and managers? Especially ones willing to work for $20K for 6 months.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

He could do it in Michigan, and then it could be a Lincoln Continental Congress to create new jobs and things.

[ When I originally read this, I figured that he need the $3 million to buy Barack Obama's birth certificate, a few "original" copies of which are floating around on E-Bay with Lagos, Nigeria, return addresses. ]
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Schulz commonly picks his venues by himself and then requires others to accommodate his choices.

In this instance, his followers are supposed to kick in to finance the presence of "delegates" other than themselves. At least some of the other cabals expect their participants to pay their own way. I'm willing to bet he picks a location more for his ego (such as his vain attempt to rent the Constitution Hall in Philly) than for practicality such as convenience of travel.

The price of "contractors" is outrageous. He isn't planning the Republican National Convention. This isn't - trust me - going to be televised live coast-to-coast. The District of Columbia had its own "constitutional convention" back around 1981, and I've been involved with several large conventions and none of them required spending so much on professional contractors and the like.

It's not beyond Schulz to squeeze people to pay for what isn't necessary -- and what he isn't spending money on. Back in 2001 & 2002, when it appeared that a Congressman was arranging a "briefing" on tax law for Schulz and a small group of his buddies in an unused room in the House Office Building, Schulz was trying to squeeze his followers for thousands of dollars for "expenses" - which didn't exist. A couple of years later he was supposedly mounting this lawsuit against the govt for not responding to his "petitions for redress" -- and demanding his followers ante up $75,000 - a full year's salary - for conspiracy nut (and third rate) lawyer Mark Lane, even though anyone who could look up stuff in a law library could already tell him that the Supreme Court had already heard similar cases and rejected the argument. At various times he's been shaking the tambourine for donations to defray his rental of a meeting room at the Washington Press Club, rentals he made at his own whim and for no reason (and virtually no audience) and for a room rental of approx $75 plus refreshments. Etc. It would appear that Schulz would have money left over; where do you suppose it goes?
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Perhaps someone should contact the Commissioner of Internal Revenue and suggest that the books of the non-profit, tax-deductible organization be reviewed -- along with its compliance with the underlying 501 (c)(3) laws and restrictions?
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Nikki wrote:Perhaps someone should contact the Commissioner of Internal Revenue and suggest that the books of the non-profit, tax-deductible organization be reviewed -- along with its compliance with the underlying 501 (c)(3) laws and restrictions?
Why bother? The IRS has been abundantly aware of this crap for at least nine years now.
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Another piece of insanity to consider begins with

The current population of the United States is approximately 300,000,000.

Five percent of that is fifteen million people.

Bob's expecting his panel of delegates (selected by a closed, non-representative process) to be able to influence approximately one hundred thousand people each.

That's a lower representation rate than we get from the Legislative branch.

But when have little details like this mattered to Bob, especially when he's fully aware that his public profile is waning and, along with it, his funding source.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

Assuming he means 5% of the adult population, and given ~228,182,000 adults (Census 2008), 5% is 11,409,100.

Let us further assume that 75% of people are deadbeats and won't help pay, we are left if 2,852,275 suckers, er, critical mass people who are willing to donate.

So, Bob should be able to get these folks to each cough up $1 and get his "Continental Congress".

Unless, of course, this is just another "Look at me! Look at me!" efforts, in which case nothing will happen and he'll be lucky to get more than $1,000.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The problem being, that even with a generous application of those numbers, even with the stupidity and gullibility quotients being what they are, Bellowing Bob has never been able to attract more than a handful of suckers/er followers, and his last event only managed a minimal amount of money as I recall. Really embarrassing when the loon from Texas can attract more money with an even sillier premise. Bob might manage $3000, but I seriously doubt about that at this point, I think he has pretty well sucked the well dry, and considering that every great project he's started the last two years has never even gotten out of the gate and that he has walked away with whatever money they did collect, I should think that even the dumbest of the dumb would eventually get a clue, maybe I'm giving too much credit here, but it does seem that the ranks of the faithful are thinning.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Actually, the hell with Bob. Send that $3,000,000 to me. I will be glad to take all those dirty FRN's off your hands. I'm getting near retirement and guarantee I will use the money better than Bob will. The very best part is if you give me the $3,000,000 to me I'll promise to never bother you again.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Yes, let's pre-empt Bob with our own call for $3,000,000 to hold our own Constitutional Convention a/k/a Illuminati Conclave. We could offer our own money; anti-Libbies called "Billies" and everything.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
notorial dissent

Not to mention that I think we’d have a lot more fun than Bob would sulking off in the wings because no one is treating him with the importance he deserves.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

notorial dissent wrote:Not to mention that I think we’d have a lot more fun than Bob would sulking off in the wings because no one is treating him with the importance he deserves.
No. Outside of his loyal WTP followers, EVERYONE is treating him with the importance he deserves.

Did you omit "thinks he"?
notorial dissent

Well, kind of depends on your point of view I suppose, I personally think he should be roundly and soundly ignored, and he thinks he should be treated like the constitutional messiah.

I guess my complaint is that there aren’t enough people really seriously ignoring him yet.
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

notorial dissent wrote:I guess my complaint is that there aren’t enough people really seriously ignoring him yet.
Well, notorial, apparently many people are. Any and all emphasis is mine:
Bob Schulz wrote:July 14, 2009

A MOST URGENT APPEAL REGARDING CC 2009

Dear Patriots and Friends of We The People Foundation:
As I write this letter, I realize how many of you have been receiving WTP information and updates over many years. I have been so grateful for your interest, support, strength and encouragement on this challenging journey, to protect and defend the letter and spirit of our Constitution of The United States of America.

Since its inception, WTP has stood for Constitutional Obedience without exception, striving to hold our elected officials accountable to the finest governing documents ever given to mankind. Anything less than full compliance with our Constitution and Bill of Rights is unacceptable.

After years of rationally and intelligently Petitioning the Government for Redress of violations of numerous provisions of the Constitution with no reasonable response, and especially now as violations to the Constitution escalate with devastating effects on our country and citizens, we have turned our focus to Continental Congress 2009 knowing that this is the appropriate next step for a FREE People to take.

Since last December, we have been diligently working to convene a Continental Congress for America from November 9th through the 24th, to conclude on the eve of our Thanksgiving holiday.

Over the years, I have learned well that anything worth having does not come easily. We are in need of immediate funding for this project. We here at WTP have done everything we can to lay out the Vision; prepare the way for its fulfillment and set in motion that which will bring success.

It is now up to you, The People, to support it or not.
It is up to The People to join with us to carry it forward. It is up to The People now to stand together in number to make the difference that will save America.

I am asking every person on this list, if they feel to do so, to contribute $100 to this cause, so we can move forward.
You can find the rest of the appeal here
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

CaptainKickback wrote:Now Nikki.....they could be planning to meet at a campground somewhere.
Maybe in a telephone booth....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

Sounds like a standard Bob begging letter, as in “send money”. At this point I am betting they don't have enough to go out for lunch at the el cheapo burger stand. I seriously doubt if they have enough to make the day charge for most campgrounds these days, and I’m not even sure about the phone booth considering what they cost to use now a days.

Bob may have to make do with a local parking lot and a beach umbrella and hope they don’t get picked up for loitering. It does sound like he is not having much luck finding suckers to pay for his latest trip. I suspect that the whining and bleating will intensify until he goes off in a sulk that no one is staying true to the dream.