Richardf614 urges LostHeads to quit trying to defend CTC

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Richardf614 urges LostHeads to quit trying to defend CTC

Post by LPC »

a year ago he rec'd a notice from IRS that they were refusing all his deductions for those years and now have gone back to as far as '01. They are currently garnishing 70% of his income
When I first read this on the LH forum, I couldn't help but notice that there were several steps missing, such as the notice of deficiency, demand for payment after assessment, and notice of intent to levy.

I don't think that the IRS just forgot about those steps, so this schlemiel was sticking his head in the sand for quite some time before he decided to ask anyone for help.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

LPC wrote:
a year ago he rec'd a notice from IRS that they were refusing all his deductions for those years and now have gone back to as far as '01. They are currently garnishing 70% of his income
When I first read this on the LH forum, I couldn't help but notice that there were several steps missing, such as the notice of deficiency, demand for payment after assessment, and notice of intent to levy.

I don't think that the IRS just forgot about those steps, so this schlemiel was sticking his head in the sand for quite some time before he decided to ask anyone for help.
Yeah, but as you know, clients seem to not want to address things until after things get really bad. As long as they're not being forced to pay anything, they'll let the problem be. Once they started getting liened and levied, they pay attention. Unfortunately, it makes my job much, much harder.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

...I started out with a couple of those tax relief agencies until I relized [sic] they were only increasing there [sic] bottom line so I fired them and came across LH [losthorizons.com] and have been studying every [sic] since.
Waiting until there are very few, if any, options to pursue to contest or settle the tax debt can make it difficult for the representative to be able to achieve any result that the client is able to afford or is willing to accept.

Unfortunately, there are firms that will accept a retainer or collect fees and make promises they can not keep without ever informing the client of the options available and the limits of what can be done. Even more unfortunate is that some of those firms are the most prolific advertisers on television and radio and seem to be the most accessed type of representation for many.

Once that firm does little or nothing to resolve, or even explain, the position the debtor is in; the individual may then try to grasp at anything that holds out some apparent hope (no matter how slim) for resolving the tax debt and will not pursue the actions that may have remained to contest or settle the tax debt with another representative that would honestly address the client's situation and give accurate information.

Not sure what the solution may be; but this scenario can be a contributing factor to some not getting what help may have been useful to them.
Just one man's opinion; yours may vary significantly.
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato