Not a good year for patriots

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Not a good year for patriots

Post by Demosthenes »

I think we're up to five reported deaths so far this year.

http://www.politicalbyline.com/2009/07/ ... ound-dead/
Will provide more details when family comes to town. Close friends can contact Steve for more details. It is believed that he died from an epileptic seizure that he regularly suffered from. Sometime between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. We’ll have more details as they become available.

Many of us have known Mark since the mid 90’s as a very principled and active libertarian. He was expected to be heavily engaged in the coming election cycle again. He will be missed.
Ernie
http://yannone.blogspot.com/search?q=ed+brown
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Not a good year for patriots

Post by LPC »

Mark Yannone.

That's weird.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

Seems as good a place as anywhere to post this.

Remember the couple in Florida who adopted many, many children and were killed at home, all caught on tape?
Additional documents released Monday from the Florida Department of Children and Families show a bizarre attempt by Byrd Billings to copyright the children's names and request money from the department for their use.

A department attorney, Katie George, told the Pensacola News-Journal that every time the agency sent Billings a letter referencing the children by name, he would reply with an invoice demanding millions in copyright infringement. In one document released by the department, he demands $10 million in silver or federal reserve notes of equal value.

In a sharply worded letter of December 2005, another department attorney, Richard Cserep, wrote to Billings, "you reference a wide variety of law in connection with this claim" for damages. "This includes copyright violations, trademark violations, contract violations, admiralty and maritime law, libel and the Truth in Lending Act. At no time in any of your correspondence have you made a plain demand for damages under a clear and cognizable theory of liability."

A handwritten note on the letter says that no further correspondence was received from Billings after that letter.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/20 ... index.html
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

We're actually discussing that here: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4593
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

My bad. I don't venture out of this subforum much...
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

In a sharply worded letter of December 2005, another department attorney, Richard Cserep, wrote to Billings, "you reference a wide variety of law in connection with this claim" for damages. "This includes copyright violations, trademark violations, contract violations, admiralty and maritime law, libel and the Truth in Lending Act. At no time in any of your correspondence have you made a plain demand for damages under a clear and cognizable theory of liability."
I can only come to one conclusion: Billings hired PAM to represent him on the adoptions.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

David Bossett and Larry Cohen bring the total up to to seven paytriot deaths in one year.
Demo.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Robert Bolivar DePugh died on June 30th, age 86. He had been notorious in the 1960s for forming and inciting a private (and mostly invisible) army of NRA-types, called "The Minutemen", whose declared purpose was the assassinate any govt officials they disagreed with. He was convicted of federal firearms offenses in 1967, but jumped bail and wasn't caught until 1969 - having caged up two of his former associates whom he suspected of "treason".

He served four years in prison. After his release he sank into obscurity, confining his activities mostly to sending out bizarre internet screeds. He apparently was living in profound poverty when he died, in the basement below a storefront church in Richmond, Missouri.