Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

A dentist two-fer

Post by Demosthenes »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TAX
THURSDAY, JULY 23, 2009 (202) 514-2007
http://WWW.USDOJ.GOV TDD (202) 514-1888
TWO CINCINNATI DENTISTS CHARGED WITH CONSPIRACY, TAX CRIMES

WASHINGTON - Bradley C. Brennecke, a resident of Pleasant Plain, Ohio, and Bruce A. Mrusek, a resident of Maineville, Ohio, appeared in federal court today before U.S. Magistrate Judge Timothy S. Hogan in Cincinnati on conspiracy and various tax charges, the Justice Department and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced. Mrusek and Brennecke, who are both dentists, were indicted yesterday by a federal grand jury and charged with tax evasion, conspiracy to defraud the IRS and passing fictitious instruments. Mrusek was also charged with filing false business tax returns.

According to the indictment, Brennecke, who operated Eastgate Dental Care Inc. in Cincinnati and Goshen Family Dentistry Ltd. in Goshen, Ohio, failed to pay taxes for 1998, 2002, 2003 and 2004. Additionally, the indictment alleges that Brennecke transferred title of his house to his wife to conceal it from the IRS, sent the government bogus documents that purported to pay his tax liabilities and filed false tax returns.
According to the indictment, Mrusek, who owned and operated Wilmington Dental Management Services in Wilmington, Ohio, evaded his 2002, 2003 and 2004 taxes by transferring his assets to his wife’s name, sending bogus documents to the IRS that purported to pay his tax liabilities, using a trust to pay personal expenses and filing false personal tax returns. Additionally, the indictment alleges that Mrusek filed false tax returns for Wilmington Dental Management Services by reporting deductions that the business did not incur.
According to the indictment, Brennecke and Mrusek conspired to defraud the IRS beginning around the time that the IRS began civil audits of each of them. Brennecke and Mrusek assisted each other in the mailing of various fraudulent documents to the IRS and U.S. Treasury Department. Brennecke assisted Mrusek in the transfer of assets out of Mrusek’s name. Additionally, Brennecke and Mrusek are charged with submitting fictitious obligations labeled “Secured Promissory Notes” to the U.S. Department of the Treasury as purported payment of their tax debts. Each of these documents purported to be in the amount of $4.8 billion.
An arraignment date has not yet been set. If convicted on all counts, Brennecke faces a maximum term of 75 years in prison and a maximum fine of $1.75 million. Mrusek, if convicted on all counts, faces a maximum term of 79 years in prison and a maximum fine of $2.25 million.
The case is being prosecuted by Tax Division trial attorneys Shawn T. Noud and Daren H. Firestone. The case was investigated by the IRS Criminal Investigation Division.
Additional information about the Justice Department’s Tax Division and its enforcement efforts may be found at http://www.usdoj.gov/tax.
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: A dentist two-fer

Post by Imalawman »

You're a raging anti-dentite!!!!!!!
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

Thank goodness the press release did not say that the DOJ was asking for restitution of 4.8 billion.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

actually wilmington is between cincy and columbus right off 71...home of R&L and site of the mass airborne/DHL exodus. very economically depressed and drew national attention during the presidential debates due to the severe loss of jobs. home of the banana split festival, corn festival, and said to be the origin of the popular college game called "corn-hole."
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Tax Man wrote:actually wilmington is between cincy and columbus right off 71...home of R&L and site of the mass airborne/DHL exodus. very economically depressed and drew national attention during the presidential debates due to the severe loss of jobs. home of the banana split festival, corn festival, and said to be the origin of the popular college game called "corn-hole."
I would also add that Maineville, Ohio is the proud home of the Well Armed Bunker Complex I call home most of the time. Population somewhere between 600-700. I might recognize the guy, though I don't recall the name.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Again with the dentists.

I ask again, are dentists being taxed unfairly?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I'm sure that somewhere, the chiropractors are working hard to even the score.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Bruce A. Mrusek, a resident of Maineville, Ohio

According to the UPS lady, he lives on my road.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

Gregg wrote:

Some family will be in Wilmington today. Will ask for them to take pix of the dental office - and they'll probably think I'm crazy.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

grixit wrote:I'm sure that somewhere, the chiropractors are working hard to even the score.
Don't count out the airline pilots.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
MSA

Post by MSA »

Gregg wrote:

How much does UPS insurance cost for $4.8 billion of "Secured Promissory Notes"?
Blup

Post by Blup »

I don't dig it when prosecutors do press releases. Totally inappropriate IMHO. If I were really rich I'd found a service whereby acquitted defendants from all over the country could issue press releases to get their good names back.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

LPC wrote:
grixit wrote:I'm sure that somewhere, the chiropractors are working hard to even the score.
Don't count out the airline pilots.
And the three newest groups: cops, public school teachers, and miscellaneous government employees.
Demo.
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

From the Wilmington News Journal:
http://www.wnewsj.com/main.asp?SectionI ... eID=178592
An alleged tax fraud by the numbers

Editor’s note: The following information was taken from the July 22 indictment from the federal grand jury at U.S. District Court in Cincinnati.

Bradley C. Brennecke

Money allegedly owed to the IRS: 1998 - $111,583

2002 - $52,163

2003 - $49,978

2004 - $67,388

Allegedly fake reports of withholdings or claims of payment:

2003 - $382,361

2004 - $696,282

2005 - $888,079

2006 - $272,036

2007 - $150 million and $300 million (Then, since the IRS wouldn’t accept the “payment,” Mrusek, on behalf of Brennecke, claimed the IRS was stealing from the U.S. Treasury.)

2008 - $4.8 billion, $9.6 billion, $4.8 million

Refunds allegedly falsely claimed:

2008 - $4.8 billion

2009 (for 2005 taxes) - $682,043

2009 (for 2006 taxes) - $95,351

Other situations:

• A 2009 request that $313,821 of 2003’s (allegedly fake) payment be directed toward his tax bill.

• A 2009 request that the $696,282 Brennecke “paid” in 2004 be labeled as an overpayment and that $475,980 be applied to pay his “estimated tax payments for 2005.”

————

Bruce A. Mrusek

Money allegedly owed to the IRS:

2002 - $48,666

2003 - $49,308

2004 - $84,965

Allegedly fake reports of withholdings or claims of payment:

2002 - $491,645

2003 - $553,004

2004 - $508,575

2007 - $12 million (Then, since the IRS wouldn’t accept the “payment,” Brennecke, on behalf of Mrusek, claimed the IRS was stealing from the U.S. Treasury.)

2008 - $4.8 billion, $9.6 billion, $4.8 billion

2009 - (for 2002, 2003 and 2004’s taxes) “in excess of $491,000”

Refunds allegedly falsely claimed:

2002 - $197,398

2003 - $283,218

2004 - $307,059

2008 - $4.8 billion

2009 (for 2002, 2003 and 2004’s taxes) - “in excess of 197,000”
Picture of the dental office to follow tonight when I can upload it.
Blup

Post by Blup »

sounds like those folks went absolutely, utterly batsh*t insane. Though come on, how can you be a true patriot if at some point you don't claim the government owes you TRILLIONS of dollars?

Lightweights..
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Imalawman wrote:You're a raging anti-dentite!!!!!!!
Finally, we have a scientific explanation.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/07/30/re ... index.html
painful experiences at the dentist might cause more anxiety for men and women with red hair
Blup

Post by Blup »

Lucille Ball must have had a bitch of a life.