We're off to see the ... Federal Reserve

Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

We're off to see the ... Federal Reserve

Post by Thule »

User "Demolane" at LH has posted this rather amusing article, claiming that The Wizard of Oz is actually filled with clever symbolism, describing all the Sovrun goodies. Goldstandard, legal fiction, strawman, SSN, the British Crown, the Fed, it's all there...

http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2051

Of course, the book was written years and years before many of these things came into excistence, but it's actually quite fun to read.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: We're off to see the ... Federal Reserve

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

They'd have gotten the same message out of a Monkees album, and they weren't even a real group.

I am just amazed on how much they equate reality to fictional movies and literature.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

[quote="Doktor Avalanche"]They'd have gotten the same message out of a Monkees album, and they weren't even a real group.

I don't want to steer this thread off course; but a few years ago American Heritage Magazine had an article about a group of studio musicians known as the "Wrecking Crew". This group of extremely talented people played on, not only Monkees recordings (I believe) but also on recordings of groups like the Mamas and Papas and even the Beach Boys (only the vocals were genuine).

But, going back to the thread: I'd like to see the LoserHead who posted the Wizard of Oz article explain how, since the book on which the movie was based was written long before the Federal Reserve Bank or Social Security existed, it could possibly have any ability to support his delusions.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Thule

Post by Thule »

A bit of googling suggests that author "Anthony Wayne" is one Larry Wilkins of Florida, associated with TBA. Of course, the source is Larry Becraft...

http://www.devvy.com/patriot3_20021117.html
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

Thule wrote:User "Demolane" at LH has posted this rather amusing article, claiming that The Wizard of Oz is actually filled with clever symbolism, describing all the Sovrun goodies. Goldstandard, legal fiction, strawman, SSN, the British Crown, the Fed, it's all there...

http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2051

Of course, the book was written years and years before many of these things came into excistence, but it's actually quite fun to read.
As with all things TP/Sovrun, there is a mini-scintilla of truth wrapped in a ton of crap.

The author (Baum's) statements over the years, or at least some of them, would indicate that he was either
a) writing about the gold standard (Yellow Brick Road) and silver-to-gold conversion (in the book, it was silver slippers, not ruby) or
b) using images from political and social discourse at the time in a new way (as, for example, Lewis Carrol used items and motifs familiar to the general English population at the time of he wrote the Alice books).

Both interpretations have their proponents and the matter's been debated since the book was (literally) first published. I can recall in my English Lit class someone brought up that it was a "fact" Baum was writing about gold, silver, etc. While I wouldn't go that far, I would agree that one can go looking for it if you want to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_ ... zard_of_Oz

This also reminds me of the "Pink Floyd" connection to the movie. Supposedly you can start The Dark Side of the Moon precisely at the MGM lion's roar and the albums syncs up with the movie (e.g. when the scarecrow is dancing in the field, the lyric "The lunatic is on the grass" plays). The band, the producers, the engineers, everyone involved says it is a ginormous coincidence and people seeing and hearing what they want to see/hear, but there you go...
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The Walrus is Paul!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Let us not forget those pesky flying monkeys. What perfect mythical creatures to represent the Bar Association Attorneys who attack and control the little people for the Great Crown Wizard, the powerful and grand Bankers of Oz: GOLD!
Who, me? Never.

"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
RyanMcC

Post by RyanMcC »

cynicalflyer wrote:This also reminds me of the "Pink Floyd" connection to the movie. Supposedly you can start The Dark Side of the Moon precisely at the MGM lion's roar and the albums syncs up with the movie (e.g. when the scarecrow is dancing in the field, the lyric "The lunatic is on the grass" plays). The band, the producers, the engineers, everyone involved says it is a ginormous coincidence and people seeing and hearing what they want to see/hear, but there you go...
Ah, Dark Side of the Rainbow. I remember that one from years ago.
Wikipedia wrote: Stephen Colbert introduced his guest, former Apollo 13 astronaut Jim Lovell, as someone who "had seen the Dark Side of the Moon." Colbert promised to ask him if "he saw it while listening to the Wizard of Oz soundtrack."
There is no dark side of the rainbow really.. 8)
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

I loved the entire Oz series as a kid, especially the first 14 books written by Baum. Tik-tok of Oz was the very best one, though.

Too bad that lit-crit wannabes and gold bugs feel the need to ruin a perfectly lovely series. If you dissect all the trees, the forest dies.
Demo.
MSA

Post by MSA »

Demosthenes wrote:I loved the entire Oz series as a kid, especially the first 14 books written by Baum. Tik-tok of Oz was the very best one, though.

Too bad that lit-crit wannabes and gold bugs feel the need to ruin a perfectly lovely series. If you dissect all the trees, the forest dies.
Sweet is the lore which Nature brings;
Our meddling intellect
Mis-shapes the beauteous forms of things:--
We murder to dissect.

- W. Wordsworth
Thule

Post by Thule »

CaptainKickback wrote: As for the douche-nozzles who think Baum's Wizard of Oz is anything more than a childrens' tale, those folks have waaaaaaay too much time on their hands.
Well, it may be possible that the book contains a certain amount of hints to current events to the time it was written. It's not that uncommon, even in children's tales. Gulliver comes to mind, although whether it can be considered a book for children, well.....

But claiming that Baum is the second coming of Nostradamus, that might be pushing it. If "Anthony Wayne" has taken his nome de guerre from the general of the Revolution, he should have remembered that Gen. Wayne was known as "Mad Anthony".