Quatloos.com in the ABA Journal

Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Quatloos.com in the ABA Journal

Post by Joey Smith »

- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Quatloos.com in the ABA Journal

Post by webhick »

Is it just me or does McLetchie make it sound like one of us posted that comment as a joke?
"First of all, quatloos are Star Trek money, so it’s clearly a fantastical reference, and quatloos.com is a website that debunks anti-tax myth. So it’s clearly an inside joke, it’s meant to be fantastical and it doesn’t reveal any actual plan to kill the prosecutor," McLetchie says. "As awful and crude as it is, people can wish bad things about people and wish bad things would happen to people without it being an actual threat. So in our view, the subpoenas are clearly problematic because the government is in essence trying to squelch the criticism."
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

It's in there!
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

CaptainKickback wrote:Joey, unless I missed it, the website quatloos.com was not mentioned in the article at all.
From the article:

"First of all, quatloos are Star Trek money, so it’s clearly a fantastical reference, and quatloos.com is a website that debunks anti-tax myth. So it’s clearly an inside joke, it’s meant to be fantastical and it doesn’t reveal any actual plan to kill the prosecutor," McLetchie says. "As awful and crude as it is, people can wish bad things about people and wish bad things would happen to people without it being an actual threat. So in our view, the subpoenas are clearly problematic because the government is in essence trying to squelch the criticism."
Demo.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

webhick wrote:Is it just me or does McLetchie make it sound like one of us posted that comment as a joke?
That's what I thought too. "So it’s clearly an inside joke"
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
webhick wrote:Is it just me or does McLetchie make it sound like one of us posted that comment as a joke?
That wasn't my first impression, but I see how it could be construed that way. And it could have been a post on here - there's been quite a few bad eggs that have been posters on this forum.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

Imalawman wrote:
Mr. Mephistopheles wrote:
That wasn't my first impression, but I see how it could be construed that way. And it could have been a post on here - there's been quite a few bad eggs that have been posters on this forum.
It wasn't my first impression either. It took a couple more "reads" to pick it up.