Hendrickson's new attorney

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Hendrickson's new attorney

Post by Demosthenes »

07/27/2009 Minute Entry for proceedings held before District Judge Gerald E Rosen: Motion Hearing as to Peter Hendrickson held on 7/27/2009 re 48 MOTION for Withdrawal of Attorney Lyle D. Russell, 50 MOTION for Withdrawal of Attorney Ellen Dennis. Disposition: Motions Granted, Defendant's brother(who is an attorney) is to immediately file appearance and recently retained firm is to file appearance by end of the week. Status conference to be set in mid-August.(Court Reporter: Carol Sapala) (Defendant Attorney: Lyle Russell and Ellen Dennis) (AUSA: Kathryn McCarthy) (RBri) (Entered: 07/27/2009)
Demo.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Re: Hendrickson's new attorney

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Hendrickson's brother is a lawyer?

It sounds like PH ran out of money to pay his real lawyers, and is forced to rely on his brother who, I suspect, may have no tax or criminal experience.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

The fact that Hendrickson's brother is a lawyer surprised me, so I went searching...

Jack Reynold Hendrickson
http://reynoldhendrickson.biz/reynbio.pdf
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

The Operative wrote:The fact that Hendrickson's brother is a lawyer surprised me, so I went searching...

Jack Reynold Hendrickson
How do you know that's Pete's brother? If it is, Pete's in trouble. Jack Hendrickson's only legal experience is an internship back in 1975.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I don't know why, but I knew his brother was a lawyer. Strange, I'm surprised that anyone i8s surprised.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I found three male attorneys named Hendrickson in the Michigan State Bar.
Demo.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

How do you know that's Pete's brother? If it is, Pete's in trouble. Jack Hendrickson's only legal experience is an internship back in 1975.
If that's his brother, he has zero courtroom experience. But that is what I predicted up-thread. If his brother had any relevant experience, he would have turned to him earlier. It looks like Hendrickson has no money to pay real criminal lawyers, and is forced to take what he can get free. He would have done better asking for a public defender.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

Quixote wrote:
The Operative wrote:The fact that Hendrickson's brother is a lawyer surprised me, so I went searching...

Jack Reynold Hendrickson
As I said, I went searching. A search for Pete Hendrickson, Cracking the Code, and brother turned up an interview that Pete did in 2005. In it, he mentions his brother 'Reyn'. I then searched for Reyn Hendrickson (didn't even search for lawyer) and I found Jack Reynold (Reyn) Hendrickson.

There is a possibility that this Hendrickson is not Pete's brother, but it seems oddly coincidental to me.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The Operative wrote:As I said, I went searching. A search for Pete Hendrickson, Cracking the Code, and brother turned up an interview that Pete did in 2005. In it, he mentions his brother 'Reyn'. I then searched for Reyn Hendrickson (didn't even search for lawyer) and I found Jack Reynold (Reyn) Hendrickson.

There is a possibility that this Hendrickson is not Pete's brother, but it seems oddly coincidental to me.
Works for me.
Demo.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Demosthenes wrote:
The Operative wrote:As I said, I went searching. A search for Pete Hendrickson, Cracking the Code, and brother turned up an interview that Pete did in 2005. In it, he mentions his brother 'Reyn'. I then searched for Reyn Hendrickson (didn't even search for lawyer) and I found Jack Reynold (Reyn) Hendrickson.

Works for me.
Ditto.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Two questions:

How old is Pete?

Anyone know the name of Pete's father? The person cited is a Jr.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Two questions:

How old is Pete?

Anyone know the name of Pete's father? The person cited is a Jr.
I believe Pete is 53 years old.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Jack Reynold Hendrickson
I've never before seen anyone put their LSAT score on a resume. (At least, not after they've gotten their first job.)

Does he really think anyone cares how he performed on a multiple-choice test 35 years ago?

The purpose of publishing the resume is also not clear to me. Is he looking for investors? A job? Real estate development opportunities? Or does he just like to talk about himself?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

LPC wrote:

Jack Reynold Hendrickson
I've never before seen anyone put their LSAT score on a resume. (At least, not after they've gotten their first job.)

Does he really think anyone cares how he performed on a multiple-choice test 35 years ago?

The purpose of publishing the resume is also not clear to me. Is he looking for investors? A job? Real estate development opportunities? Or does he just like to talk about himself?
True, but between the brothers, he's obviously the successful one. How one could go to Michigan Law and the other be dumber than a sack of hammers is rather surprising. But yeah, he'd be better off with a public defender. I'm surprised that his brother would agree to represent him. (assuming that is his brother)
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

Imalawman wrote: But yeah, he'd be better off with a public defender. I'm surprised that his brother would agree to represent him. (assuming that is his brother)
That is why I think the brother's a placeholder...
Disposition: Motions Granted, Defendant's brother(who is an attorney) is to immediately file appearance and recently retained firm is to file appearance by end of the week.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

Considering the state of the real estate market in Michigan, a safe presumption would be that Reyn has lots of spare time on his hands. Also, his trial experience far greater than the merits of Pete's legal position.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Notice of Appearance filed and Status Conference on 8/18/2009.
07/31/2009 52 ORDER GRANTING 48 MOTION for Withdrawal of Attorney Lyle D. Russell, 50 MOTION for Withdrawal of Attorney Ellen Dennis. ( Status Conference set for 8/18/2009 10:30 AM before District Judge Gerald E Rosen) Signed by District Judge Gerald E Rosen. (RBri) (Entered: 08/01/2009)
08/02/2009 53 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE: Jack R. Hendrickson, Jr appearing for Peter Hendrickson (Hendrickson, Jack) (Entered: 08/02/2009)
United States District Court
For the Eastern District of Michigan
Southern Division

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Case No. 08-CR-20585-DT
Plaintiff,
District Judge Gerald Rosen
v.
PETER HENDRICKSON
APPEARANCE
To the Clerk of the Court and all parties of record:
Kindly enter my appearance as Counsel in the above-entitled case for Defendant Peter Hendrickson.

I certify that I am admitted to practice in the Court.
Respectfully submitted, /s/ Jack R. Hendrickson, Jr.
Jack R. Hendrickson, Jr.
3003 Miller
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
734-276-3572
Email: rhendrickson@starpakgroup.com
P# 29193
Dated: 3 August 2009
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
I hereby certify that on 3 August 2009, I electronically filed the foregoing paper with the Clerk of the Court using the ECF system. /s/ Jack R. Hendrickson, Jr.
Jack R. Hendrickson, Jr.
3003 Miller
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
734-276-3572
Email: rhendrickson@starpakgroup.com
P# 29193
Case 2:08-cr-20585-GER-DAS Document 53 Filed 08/02/2009 Page 1 of 1
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Starpak.com wrote: Reynold Hendrickson, JD, is an attorney and member of the Michigan Bar. Founder of StarPak Energy Systems in 1976, Reyn steered this fast growth Michigan firm to Inc 500 status in 1983. Along the way, he authored the 1978 and 1983 Michigan Tax Credits, which passed unanimously in both the House and Senate. A commercial real estate broker, Reyn manages six real estate LLCs, with holdings in Michigan and Chile, and has several award-winning new urbanist developments to his credit.
He seems successful by all accounts and probably sane. So, why would he go up against a team of harden trial lawyers that do nothing but litigate tax crimes cases? I know tax law, but if I litigated kidnapping case, I'd get my ass handed to me. Very interesting, I know he is probably the only attorney Petey can "afford", but still, I think this has disaster written all over it.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Imalawman wrote: He seems successful by all accounts and probably sane. So, why would he go up against a team of harden trial lawyers that do nothing but litigate tax crimes cases? I know tax law, but if I litigated kidnapping case, I'd get my ass handed to me. Very interesting, I know he is probably the only attorney Petey can "afford", but still, I think this has disaster written all over it.
I guess one option would be to get in on the case to see if he can convince his dear brother to agree to a plea bargain. Maybe a relative have a better shot of explaining to Petey that he is in all kinds of trouble, and he better shut up with his yapping, and start looking for a quick way out.

Or roll over and play dead on the tax-issues, and try to sell Pete as the poor, bewildered guy who has to rely on his sane brother twhen in trouble. Might attract some sympathy, who knows.

Of course, Pete's ego won't allow such things. I forsee another motion to withdraw.

Actually, this is almost like a script for a feel-good movie. If real life was more like Hollywood, Jack would find a hidden talent for tax-crimes, pull off a stunning and surprising victory, and make out with that hot journalist covering the case.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.