Hendrickson's new attorney

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Hendrickson's new attorney

Post by Demosthenes »

I see that Jack Hendrickson signed that silly Supreme Court petition prepared by Whitney.
# 197:
Jul 7, 2009, Jack Hendrickson, Michigan
Demo.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Hendrickson is now claiming that his new lawyer is Mark Lane:

On another note, I am happy to report that storied attorney Mark Lane is stepping up to act as defense counsel and help see this abuse get the slap-down that it deserves. Mark has been following this case from the beginning, and hits the ground with a clear understanding of its true nature as a corrupt and abusive effort to frighten the "copper-tops"* back into hiding, paralysis and servitude, and a recognition that the law is entirely on the side of the good guys in every aspect of this affair.

However, Mark will have to devote himself and the resources of his firm to this case for months, nonetheless. The government is sparing no expense and is deploying every gimmick, trick, and manipulation it can think of to try to frighten you into silence and surrender, and your neighbors into never learning the truth in the first place, by succeeding in this abusive, lawless attack on me. It knows what is at stake here for the ignorance-exploiting, Constitution-evading scheme to which it has become thoroughly accustomed.

I hope that you know what is at stake here, too, and will commit yourself to standing with me in the daylight, and with your financial support to help pay for Mark's efforts.

Donations can be made here. Anything that you can afford to contribute-- even if it's just $10-- will be helpful and much appreciated.

Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Dr. Caligari wrote:Hendrickson is now claiming that his new lawyer is Mark Lane:

On another note, I am happy to report that storied attorney Mark Lane is stepping up to act as defense counsel and help see this abuse get the slap-down that it deserves. Mark has been following this case from the beginning, and hits the ground with a clear understanding of its true nature as a corrupt and abusive effort to frighten the "copper-tops"* back into hiding, paralysis and servitude, and a recognition that the law is entirely on the side of the good guys in every aspect of this affair.

However, Mark will have to devote himself and the resources of his firm to this case for months, nonetheless. The government is sparing no expense and is deploying every gimmick, trick, and manipulation it can think of to try to frighten you into silence and surrender, and your neighbors into never learning the truth in the first place, by succeeding in this abusive, lawless attack on me. It knows what is at stake here for the ignorance-exploiting, Constitution-evading scheme to which it has become thoroughly accustomed.

I hope that you know what is at stake here, too, and will commit yourself to standing with me in the daylight, and with your financial support to help pay for Mark's efforts.

Donations can be made here. Anything that you can afford to contribute-- even if it's just $10-- will be helpful and much appreciated.
That's very interesting. Of course, Mark Lane has had tremendous success with WTP..er..at least financially. But still, I'd want experienced criminal attorneys with experience litigating in federal court. For all of his faults, I'd take Becraft over Lane any day in a TP criminal tax case.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

For all of his faults, I'd take Becraft over Lane any day in a TP criminal tax case.
Becroft, or even Bernhoft, would be far superior to Lane.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Imalawman
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
For all of his faults, I'd take Becraft over Lane any day in a TP criminal tax case.
Oh is it Becroft? I thought it was with an "a". I don't care enough to look it up. :)
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

...The government is sparing no expense and is deploying every gimmick, trick, and manipulation it can think of to try to frighten you into silence and surrender, and your neighbors into never learning the truth in the first place, by succeeding in this abusive, lawless attack on me. It knows what is at stake here for the ignorance-exploiting, Constitution-evading scheme to which it has become thoroughly accustomed.
Indeed, the government does know what is at stake for your scheme, Mr. Hendrickson; but is it kind to publicly state that you are exploiting other's ignorance via your scheme, regardless of your complete accuracy ?
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Imalawman wrote:
Dr. Caligari wrote:
Oh is it Becroft? I thought it was with an "a". I don't care enough to look it up. :)
It's Becraft, and I agree with both of you that Larry Becraft would be a better choice.

And, especially, if Hendrickson intends to make any sort of Cheek defense, Larry Becraft is by far the best serving the tax dishonesty movement. He's had three high-profile wins.

Yes. He's had a lot of losses, as well, but between Long, Kuglin and Cryer, getting a win with Peter Eric Hendrickson would be the obvious choice to anyone but Hendrickson.

Maybe it's because Becraft has criticized 'Cracking the Code' as little more than another twist on the Irwin Schiff/Thurston Bell/Rick Haraka "zero" return strategy. It's an ego thing.

Actually, Mark Lane probably fits Hendrickson's ego better than any other.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Dr. Caligari wrote:Hendrickson is now claiming that his new lawyer is Mark Lane:
Just what Hendrickson needs, an 82-year-old attention-whore.

Remember what a great job that Lane did in We the People Foundation for Constitutional Education, Inc. v. United States, 485 F.3d 140, 2007 TNT 90-9, No. 05-5359 (D.C. Cir. 5/8/2007), cert. denied, Nos. 07-680 and 07-681 (1/7/2008), rehearing den. (2/25/2008)?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

LPC wrote:
Just what Hendrickson needs, an 82-year-old attention-whore.

Remember what a great job that Lane did in We the People Foundation for Constitutional Education, Inc. v. United States, 485 F.3d 140, 2007 TNT 90-9, No. 05-5359 (D.C. Cir. 5/8/2007), cert. denied, Nos. 07-680 and 07-681 (1/7/2008), rehearing den. (2/25/2008)?
I'll repeat: "Actually, Mark Lane probably fits Hendrickson's ego better than any other."
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

If it wasn’t so comical it would be well, comical.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Is this the same Mark Lane of Kennedy Conspiracy fame?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Gregg wrote:Is this the same Mark Lane of Kennedy Conspiracy fame?
Yes, Bingo, we have a winner.

They had to dig up his coffin, and pound his chest for awhile, but yes, it's the same dude.

Think of him as the Keith Richards of lawyers.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Hey, I resemble that remark!

(I am often described as 'Keith Richards on a bad hair day")
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

But Mark Lane is nuttier than a snickers bar.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

And the long-time lawyer for anti-Semitic toad Willis Carto and his "Liberty Lobby".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Gregg wrote:Hey, I resemble that remark!

Inquiring minds want to know . . . . . . is that Keith's picture you use or is that you? :shock:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:

Inquiring minds want to know . . . . . . is that Keith's picture you use or is that you? :shock:

I ain't tellin
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Gregg wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:

I ain't tellin
Because he's far uglier! He lives near Cincinnati, ya know, and works for Ford.
Noah
Exalted Parter of the Great Sea of Insanity

Post by Noah »

wserra wrote:
And the long-time lawyer for anti-Semitic toad Willis Carto and his "Liberty Lobby".
Complete Bio of Mark Lane. For anyone who wants the "rest of the story"

http://www.marklane.com/about/biomlpro.htm
Imalawman

Post by Imalawman »

Noah wrote:
wserra wrote:
Complete Bio of Mark Lane. For anyone who wants the "rest of the story"

http://www.marklane.com/about/biomlpro.htm
I'm going to add a line to my resume that says, "historical figure". Wow, that's some ego right there.