Liberty Dollar Closes

SteveSy

Re: Liberty Dollar Closes

Post by SteveSy »

notorial dissent wrote:Nothing vile about them, just plain common sense and looking at what has been done, and what has happened. That you refuse to see what is right in front of you is not my problem. Uh Steve, you do remember that indictment you just had conniptions over a few posts back, those were the claims of illegality that were presented to the grand jury along with evidence of what was going on, and they grand jury voted an indictment based on what was presented, so yes, Stevie, there have been claims and charges made. The gov’t has OFFICIALLY charged him with those crimes, and my “vile suspicions” are based on that fact, and from what I can see going on, and my own experiences with these types of businesses. Apparently the main difference between us is that I can see when a business is basically a con game, and when one is run honestly-which this one wasn’t.
Nothing in the indictment suggests he didn't have enough gold or silver to back the notes...like I said your suspicions are based on nothing.
btw, Yes the government did make the claim he's violated the money laundering statute, unfortunately it was only a claim because the government has no evidence of such in the indictment. Everything is predicated on the violation of the currency statute. If the government fails to prove that lame charge the rest of their accusations fall down like a flimsy house of cards.
Apparently the grand jury disagrees with your omniscience, I disagree with your omniscience for that matter, but that is an issue for another time. The fact of the matter is that the grand jury found evidence of money laundering and voted an indictment on it. Granted, the gov’t has a lot to prove, but the likelihood of them not proving it at this juncture is pretty light.
Nope, the indictment makes it very clear that if the currency violation fails so do all of the rest of the charges as they are all based on that one charge sticking.
No, he was violating the counterfeiting statutes, and was involved in money laundering, and was violating the law, and probably a good number of other state and federal laws as well that he just hasn’t been charged with, YET!!! The counterfeiting and money laundering convictions will put him away for long enough the rest won’t matter.
Oh yes, everyone can tell he was counterfeiting U.S. currency it so obvious.....fall down the rabbit hole a little farther you've almost reached the bottom. :roll:
Dream on Stevie, all they will have to do is show copies of the web pages and materials where he was touting them as substitute currency and encouraging his suckers to try and pass them as genuine coin and they will have proof for conviction. Juries generally have a pretty good BS detector, and when they hear about someone trying to pass what appears to be $20 coin for merchandise that is only worth maybe $10 they will get the picture, because if it means one of the Libbyheads could cheat a merchant that way, then it means they could cheat one of them, and that won’t fly, and if the prosecutor doesn’t present it in just such a fashion he will have made a lot more worl for himself than he needed to, since that is just exactly what was going on.
The jury will get to see exactly enough to give the perception of guilt, they'll only see half the story. When that happens you'll be right there arguing how right it was to deny the evidence.
And still more Stevsie BS. Of course the Libbys aren’t worth a numerically similar number of FRN’s for the simple reason that there is only $10 worth of silver in the $20 coins, why is that such a difficult concept for you to grasp, that and there is no certification or guarantee that there is even that much silver in them. They are slugs, and of value only as collector’s curiosities. And yet Stevsie, they kept encouraging people to treat them like they were worth face value, and therein was the fraud.

How much backs a $10 FRN? Oh don't answer that, it's value is only based on its acceptability it has no backing whatsoever. If the government spends us into oblivion they'll be worth as much as an Zimbabwe dollar.

Stevsie, you selective illiteracy is showing yet again, counterfeiting is not only the uttering of fake US currency, but the uttering of currency that has the appearance of US currency. No on has claimed he was counterfeiting US currency, but that he was uttering currency that appeared to be US currency. Either way, a violation of the counterfeiting laws. Again your selective illiteracy is showing, there is nothing in the statute, or the constitution that even mentions “legal tender” but it does say US currency or obligations, or the appearance of same. And yet again oh great constitutional scholar, you are wrong as to what it says, Article I § 8, and Article I § 10, show you to be a fool.
Yes its common for U.S. currency to have a website address, a 1-800 number on it and to say warehouse receipt. Gotcha, looks just like a U.S. issued note... :roll:
SteveSy, the great defender of the carved in stone constitution, conveniently forgets that the Constitution very plainly and specifically says that only the gov’t can coin money , Article I § 8, and VERY and equally specifically prohibits either the states or anyone else from doing so, Article I § 10, but at the moment reality and over 200 years of history get in the road of his delusion du jour.
I guess I don't have your crackerjack version mine doesn't mention exclusive or only in it when mentioning the power to coin or print money. More importantly no where in article 10 does it prohibit "anyone else" from coin money. That must be in your "special" version, with the little cartoon on it. :roll:

Like I said banks printed private money all the time for over a century....but don't let the facts get in your way. Maybe you'll get lucky and all of those pictures of the money will magically disappear when you hit the bottom of the rabbit hole.

Lastly indictments are fairly easy to get considering only the prosecutor gets to present evidence. If only I had a quarter for every indictment that resulted in a not guilty verdict I would be a very rich man.
Last edited by SteveSy on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Paul, you have two problems, first you try and put Stevsie in the context with the verb “think’ which is bad enough, and then you couple it with the verb “understand”, two implausibilities in once sentence is just too much.

You are quite right on all other counts however.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
GoldandSilverEagles

Post by GoldandSilverEagles »

Paul wrote:
What because a bunch of people wanted to trade gold and silver coins for products and services instead of a piece of paper backed by nothing except the forced confiscation of wealth of our children and grand children sanctioned by the federal government?
Why are people arguing with a maroon who thinks that a government's promise is any better because it is "backed by" gold or silver, or that the government's source of the gold or silver to back its promise is something besides "forced confiscation" of taxpayers' wealth? Stevesy never thinks past his first knee-jerk dislike of something about our system, and cannot understand how someone can also dislike the same thing just as much as he does, but nevertheless understand and accept that the system is a defensible choice by the people to whom the authority to choose was delegated, or even see that the system is the result of choices that all have some bad results, and instead has to accuse them of liking the bad results.
And yet you are 4getting a simple and sometimes harsh reality: S/he whom has an attitude of dependency upon the feds gets screwed in the end, which is the main reason I want as little to do with them as possible.

It's similar to ppl who carry the attitude that their employer is there 2day and 2morrow in their days of retirement to take care of them.

The only person who is truly responsible for taking care of you and your family is the man/woman in the mirror.

I don't care how wonderful whatever xyz program the feds offer to "take care of their citizens" (their subjects), nothing is free! Someone has to pay for it, and that is the American taxpayer.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

notorial dissent wrote:Paul, you have two problems, first you try and put Stevsie in the context with the verb “think’ which is bad enough, and then you couple it with the verb “understand”, two implausibilities in once sentence is just too much.

You are quite right on all other counts however.
\

Considering you only think in a narrow straight line and fail to consider anything else I don't think you have any position whatsoever to evaluate anyone else. You ignore the facts, you base your conclusion apparently on Tarrot cards or a Magic Eight ball.

Every single case that has been put on here you have staunchly agreed with every single element offered by the prosecution. In no case have I ever seen you wavier from complete and utter agreement with everything the government has done. You are either a naive fool or a propaganda automaton. I haven't decided which yet.

notorial dissent's method of ascertaining the undeniable truth. notorial dissent: "Look moron, the truth is right there!"
GoldandSilverEagles

SteveSy wrote: Please tell me where you find this sole authority. I see where they can mint money and regulate the value thereof but I fail to see where the word "exclusive" or anything like it appears anywhere.

GoldandSilverEagles wrote: Congress has the power to...coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

Section 10. No state shall ... coin money; emit bills of credit; make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts; pass any bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law impairing the obligation of contracts, or grant any title of nobility.

Tenth Amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Now, where do you find any authority, for the States or "we the ppl" to coin money, above? You don't.

Now, once again, a question for you Steve...How can the US government effectively regulate the value of money if they do not have complete authority/jurisdiction to do so in the first place?
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

GoldandSilverEagles wrote:SteveSy wrote: Please tell me where you find this sole authority. I see where they can mint money and regulate the value thereof but I fail to see where the word "exclusive" or anything like it appears anywhere.

GoldandSilverEagles wrote: Congress has the power to...coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

Section 10. No state shall ... coin money; emit bills of credit; make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts; pass any bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law impairing the obligation of contracts, or grant any title of nobility.

Tenth Amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Now, where do you find any authority, for the States or "we the ppl" to coin money, above? You don't.

Now, once again, a question for you Steve...How can the US government effectively regulate the value of money if they do not have complete authority/jurisdiction to do so in the first place?
Congress has the power to tax, does that mean that states, counties or cities can't tax?

Like I said "money" in the constitutional sense means legal tender, not the current definition of "money" found in the dictionary. Go look for yourself banks and private institutions, especially around the gold and silver rush days minted currency all the time. The government not once stepped in and stopped them claiming exclusive power to mint money. Lets assume for the sake of argument the government does have this exclusive power, the constitution only says "coin" it says nothing about notes backed by silver or gold. This is where I have an issue. The government seized gold and silver that back the notes which even under a strained reading of the constitution aren't illegal.

The government shouldn't be able to regulate private money. It can regulate its own though. Money is just another commodity.
GoldandSilverEagles

SteveSy wrote: Now, once again, a question for you Steve...How can the US government effectively regulate the value of money if they do not have complete authority/jurisdiction to do so in the first place?
Steve, are you an attorney? As you conveniently neglected to answer my direct question.
Congress has the power to tax, does that mean that states, counties or cities can't tax?
No. However, tell me this. Where does the US Constitution speak on the taxing authority of counties/cities? It doesn't. The Feds have no right/authority/jurisdiction to regulate that. Those are State issues. You will likely find that sort of info in a State's Constitution.
Like I said "money" in the constitutional sense means legal tender, not the current definition of "money" found in the dictionary. Go look for yourself banks and private institutions, especially around the gold and silver rush days minted currency all the time. The government not once stepped in and stopped them claiming exclusive power to mint money. Lets assume for the sake of argument the government does have this exclusive power, the constitution only says "coin" it says nothing about notes backed by silver or gold. This is where I have an issue. The government seized gold and silver that back the notes which even under a strained reading of the constitution aren't illegal.
And if they are part of a federal criminal investigation/indictment, like it or not Steve, they have full authority to do so.
The government shouldn't be able to regulate private money. It can regulate its own though. Money is just another commodity.
Steve, it is necessary for the value of alllllll monies to be regulated, especially in an interstate (aka...internet) based market.

If it is not regulated, how else can one expect to receive uniform value all throughout the 50 states?

Yes, Steve, that was another question for you.

Steve, I had these same Patriot arguments years ago, but they just don't hold weight.

I would be completely anti-government money system if it weren't for the dual monetary system (GoldandSilverEagles...lol) Congress put in place back in 1985/86.
Last edited by GoldandSilverEagles on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

SteveSy wrote: Nothing in the indictment suggests he didn't have enough gold or silver to back the notes...like I said your suspicions are based on nothing.
And, surprise, surprise, he hasn’t been charged with not having sufficient stocks. I was positing that when the forensic accounting is completed we’ll finally know if he did. I'm betting that there won't have been, and that it was all a ponzi scheme on top of the other frauds, but I could be wrong, I just don't happen to think that I am. As a point of order, at the time the original indictment was issued they would have had no way of knowing if there were sufficient assets to cover, they will once the inventory is completed, and at which time the indictment may well be amended, if they think it is worth pursuing, but common fraud is not on par with counterfeiting, so they may well let it slide.

Nope, the indictment makes it very clear that if the currency violation fails so do all of the rest of the charges as they are all based on that one charge sticking.
Again with your selective reading, they are independent charges.

Oh yes, everyone can tell he was counterfeiting U.S. currency it so obvious.....fall down the rabbit hole a little farther you've almost reached the bottom. :roll:
Right Stevesie it is all just a big mistake.

The jury will get to see exactly enough to give the perception of guilt, they'll only see half the story. When that happens you'll be right there arguing how right it was to deny the evidence.
Are you trying to make a point here, or just gibbering as usual? The jury will get to see the evidence presented and make up their minds from that, and you will claim they ignored the evidence and were mislead.

How much backs a $10 FRN? Oh don't answer that, it's value is only based on its acceptability it has no backing whatsoever. If the government spends us into oblivion they'll be worth as much as an Zimbabwe dollar.
$10 in gov’t securities. That is the answer. Which is no different than a $10 coin backed by $10 in putative metal. The difference is that it would be backed by $10 of a commodity.

Yes its common for U.S. currency to have a website address, a 1-800 number on it and to say warehouse receipt. Gotcha, looks just like a U.S. issued note... :roll:
The operative phrase is “appearance”, there is nothing saying what it has or doesn’t have to have on it.

I guess I don't have your crackerjack version mine doesn't mention exclusive or only in it when mentioning the power to coin or print money. More importantly no where in article 10 does it prohibit "anyone else" from coin money. That must be in your "special" version, with the little cartoon on it. :roll:
You missed the part about the gov’t having the power to “coin” money, and that the states are “prohibited” from doing so then, I, and the courts, seem to have come to the conclusion that YES, it is exclusive to the gov’t.

Like I said banks printed private money all the time for over a century....but don't let the facts get in your way. Maybe you'll get lucky and all of those pictures of the money will magically disappear when you hit the bottom of the rabbit hole.
They issued banknotes, by virtue of statutory legal authority, so they didn’t just “do it”, they did it under provision of law.

Lastly indictments are fairly easy to get considering only the prosecutor gets to present evidence. If only I had a quarter for every indictment that resulted in a not guilty verdict I would be a very rich man.
Does not alter the fact that an indictment was brought and issued, and that the gov’t is proceeding based on that indictment, and if they got the indictment to begin with, they had enough to proceed to trial, or they wouldn’t have bothered. Your bleatings not withstanding, there had to be enough evidence to have started, and they have undoubtedly found a good deal more since.

Lets assume for the sake of argument the government does have this exclusive power, the constitution only says "coin" it says nothing about notes backed by silver or gold.Really good one there Stevsie, it isn’t an argument, it is a long established fact of law. The one has nothing to do with the other. What you keep conveniently forgetting is that the gold and silver was seized as part of a criminal enterprise, counterfeiting and money laundering.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveSy

Post by SteveSy »

GoldandSilverEagles wrote:
SteveSy wrote: Now, once again, a question for you Steve...How can the US government effectively regulate the value of money if they do not have complete authority/jurisdiction to do so in the first place?
Steve, are you an attorney? As you conveniently neglected to answer my direct question.
I did answer your question...they can regulate their own money as they do now.
No. However, tell me this. Where does the US Constitution speak on the taxing authority of counties/cities? It doesn't. The Feds have no right/authority/jurisdiction to regulate that. Those are State issues. You will likely find that sort of info in a State's Constitution.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense to me. Where does the constitution talk on the minting ability of private citizens, it doesn't. The ONLY thing the constitution speaks of is "coined" money. Not printed money and that is only in relation to states. There is nothing forbidding citizen's from coining or printing. btw where does the government get the power to regulate the minting of all money? The constitution only says the federal government can regulate its own or foreign coined money. Nothing gives congress the ability to regulate, seize, or in any way stop notes from being printed.

"To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures"

Your position seems to be that because the constitution grants, even though it doesn't say its exclusive, the federal government the ability to coin money it therefore bars private citizens from doing so. If that's the logic we use then the same constitution should bar States, counties or cities from taxing because congress has been granted the power to tax.

And if they are part of a federal criminal investigation/indictment, like it or not Steve, they have full authority to do so.
I never said they didn't have the authority to do so. In fact that could just as easily charge you with a crime you didn't commit and likely seize the assets of anyone you had contact with.

What I'm saying is printing notes isn't illegal, not even a strained reading of the constitution forbids that, yet they took the silver and gold that backed notes. What crime was committed? Are you going to clim that note I posted even remotely looks like a U.S. dollar?
Steve, it is necessary for the value of alllllll monies to be regulated, especially in an interstate (aka...internet) based market.

If it is not regulated, how else can one expect to receive uniform value all throughout the 50 states?
Are you guaranteed a uniform rate on Euro's here in the U.S. by the federal government? Of course not, what's the difference when it comes to private currency? Why should we be guaranteed by the federal government a uniform rate on private currency? The only thing that should be guaranteed is their own currency.
Steve, I had these same Patriot arguments years ago, but they just don't hold weight.

I would be completely anti-government money system if it weren't for the dual monetary system (GoldandSilverEagles...lol) Congress put in place back in 1985/86.
It's not a "patriot" argument...I belong to no group. Nor do I associate with any "group". I am a free thinker who believes in freedom in all respects. No, this does not mean anarchy. The government has a purpose, but its very limited.
GoldandSilverEagles

SteveSy wrote: I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense to me. Where does the constitution talk on the minting ability of private citizens, it doesn't. The ONLY thing the constitution speaks of is "coined" money.

A mint is an industrial facility which manufactures coins for currency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mint_(coin)

You are playing semantic games void of intelligent reason. I'm going to explain this crap only one more time. I feel you simply do not like what you are reading. If you want to continue fighting this issue, go fight with someone else. Your nonsensical resistance is becoming a waste of time.
Not printed money and that is only in relation to states. There is nothing forbidding citizen's from coining or printing.

Read and digest the 10th amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The feds have the power to coin money. Since that power was delegated to them by the fed constitution, the 10th amendment tells us that if that power was not prohibited to the States, they could do it also. However, Art 1 sec 10 states that States are not permitting to coin money. So the States cannot coin money. legally. The 10th amendment further states that powers not delegated to the Feds are reserved to the ppl. Well we the ppl cannot coin money legally because that power was already delegated to the feds, so sorry Steve.
btw where does the government get the power to regulate the minting of all money?

From within the us constitution. Art 1 sec 8 cl 5 for coins. I Dont know exactly where they get the power to regulate the FRN's.
The constitution only says the federal government can regulate its own or foreign coined money. Nothing gives congress the ability to regulate, seize, or in any way stop notes from being printed.
Not unless they are involved in an alleged illegal operation on the federal level.
Your position seems to be that because the constitution grants, even though it doesn't say its exclusive, the federal government the ability to coin money it therefore bars private citizens from doing so. If that's the logic we use then the same constitution should bar States, counties or cities from taxing because congress has been granted the power to tax.
the power to coin money and the power to tax are two separate constitutional issues.
What I'm saying is printing notes isn't illegal, not even a strained reading of the constitution forbids that, yet they took the silver and gold that backed notes. What crime was committed? Are you going to clim that note I posted even remotely looks like a U.S. dollar?

See above.
Are you guaranteed a uniform rate on Euro's here in the U.S. by the federal government? Of course not, what's the difference when it comes to private currency?

Euros are foreign currency, a currency that does not circulate in the USA. The private currency you speak of would be domestic to the USA, and thus subject to federal law.
Why should we be guaranteed by the federal government a uniform rate on private currency? The only thing that should be guaranteed is their own currency.
It would ensure uniform value in the marketplace, and that would ensure less problems (including civil and criminal suits). It is also guaranteed by the fed constitution.
It's not a "patriot" argument...I belong to no group. Nor do I associate with any "group". I am a free thinker who believes in freedom in all respects. No, this does not mean anarchy. The government has a purpose, but its very limited.
oh I agree. However some things are already set in stone, and to go against them will get you a new home in the Big House. My advice, let someone else be the lab rat. If it works for them, then maybe I'll join in.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I'll let GSE have the last word here. We're past 90 posts and nothing new is coming out of the discussion.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4