Dave Champion and Quatloos

DoingHomework

Re: Dave Champion and Quatloos

Post by DoingHomework »

How does it get to this point? If I got stupid and tried some crazy theory for not paying taxes I think I would sober up when confronted and at least hire an attorney. I would think the attorney would talk some sense into me (or resign). How does a person, even a very stupid person, get to the point of standing before a judge, refusing to comply with an order, then returning to court and being ordered into custody for contempt. Isn't there a lawyer standing by his side explaining what an idiot he is (nicely and professionally of course)? Doesn't the reality of the situation become apparent long before it get to that stage?
Noah
Exalted Parter of the Great Sea of Insanity

Post by Noah »

DoingHomework wrote:How does it get to this point? If I got stupid and tried some crazy theory for not paying taxes I think I would sober up when confronted and at least hire an attorney. I would think the attorney would talk some sense into me (or resign). How does a person, even a very stupid person, get to the point of standing before a judge, refusing to comply with an order, then returning to court and being ordered into custody for contempt. Isn't there a lawyer standing by his side explaining what an idiot he is (nicely and professionally of course)? Doesn't the reality of the situation become apparent long before it get to that stage?
Dave had an attorney with him.. looks like you failed to do your homework. Why would you think that all attornies would tell him he is an idiot? With lawyers being the third oldest proffession and all. :wink:
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Noah wrote:Dave had an attorney with him.. looks like you failed to do your homework.
"DoingHomework" never said that Champion didn't have a lawyer with him.

Quite the opposite in fact, because he asked, "Isn't there a lawyer standing by his side explaining what an idiot he is (nicely and professionally of course)?"
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Why would you think that all attornies would tell him he is an idiot? With lawyers being the third oldest proffession and all.
Is there somewhere a list of professions sorted by age? I've often wondered what prostitutes were paid with, if prostitution is really the oldest profession. Who had the extra wealth to spare for someone who's only job was sex worker? I think a hybrid sex worker, food gatherer, child rearer, i.e., wife, would come first. But then women working in the home have never gotten the recognition they deserve. And if lawyer is the third oldest profession, then judge must be the second, because what a lawyer without a judge is just some guy talking to himself. So many questions, ...
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Noah
Exalted Parter of the Great Sea of Insanity

Post by Noah »

LPC wrote:
Noah wrote:Dave had an attorney with him.. looks like you failed to do your homework.
"DoingHomework" never said that Champion didn't have a lawyer with him.

Quite the opposite in fact, because he asked, "Isn't there a lawyer standing by his side explaining what an idiot he is (nicely and professionally of course)?"
Right..sorry.