VanMeters Revenge

From Reno's Lawyer

Post by VanMeters Revenge »

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: From Reno's Lawyer

Post by wserra »

Man, that's an excellent letter. Gordon sugar-coats some things - presumably to avoid starting a fight with a client at the beginning of a relationship - but he took time and effort to write it.

That said, I don't think that it is a good idea to publish things like this. Lawyer-client communications are generally privileged. If I were you, I would tell Gonzalez to keep things like this private. While the govt tends not to take such kamikaze positions, some zealous AUSA might argue (if the situation ever arises) that Gonzalez has waived attorney-client privilege by passing out copies of his lawyer's letters.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Post by The Operative »

I second what wes said. If Reno truly wants to be successful on appeal, whether it results in a new trial or a reduced sentence, he needs to listen to his new lawyer. Also, he needs to stay away from the sovereign citizen bullcrap and not to file anything with the court without consulting with his lawyer. Jose also needs to stop using the sovereign citizen arguments as well.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
VanMeters Revenge

We are actually in agreement about the posting of such letter, us whom are close to Reno agree that we should not. However, it has been posted at Reno's request.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

What's Reno's opinion of the letter? Does he understand the very important points being made by the appellate lawyer?
Demo.
VanMeters Revenge

The Operative wrote:I second what wes said. If Reno truly wants to be successful on appeal, whether it results in a new trial or a reduced sentence, he needs to listen to his new lawyer. Also, he needs to stay away from the sovereign citizen bullcrap and not to file anything with the court without consulting with his lawyer. Jose also needs to stop using the sovereign citizen arguments as well.
Let me set things straight, Reno has nothing to do with such movement or U.C.C filings, especially the U.C.C., he has never gave us direction or any instructions to do so, either. Jose, has been doing such in order to seek remedy for his sons injustice, which I will be honest, I am guilty for leading Jose down this path by introducing him to a few videos on the subject. Being a skeptic of it, nor having the ability to wrap my mind around the theories, tactics and legalese to that particular approach, Jose decided it was something he could attempt. Reno protested the whole time against it. One of our last conversations, Reno said there is going to be more charges brought up against him over such filings and his fathers possible arrest.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

VanMeters Revenge wrote:One of our last conversations, Reno said there is going to be more charges brought up against him over such filings and his fathers possible arrest.
Is Jose still signing Reno's name on his UCC filings?
Demo.
VanMeters Revenge

Demosthenes wrote:
VanMeters Revenge wrote:One of our last conversations, Reno said there is going to be more charges brought up against him over such filings and his fathers possible arrest.
Is Jose still signing Reno's name on his UCC filings?

I do not know, but he does have P.O.A. I don't handle Reno's legal nor financial matters.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Has anyone suggested to Reno that he should revoke the POA and rely entirely on the real attorney? He can make the choice to do that.
VanMeters Revenge

Reno had established this P.O.A so his father could handle his personal matters at home while he was away either during Reno's time in the Navy or during his contracting in Iraq, I do believe.
VanMeters Revenge

Demosthenes wrote:What's Reno's opinion of the letter? Does he understand the very important points being made by the appellate lawyer?

He understands fully. He has been echoing some of the same points to me for quite sometime now, especially when it came down to sentencing guidelines, and double jeopardy. This is why he sees it important for us to post this correspondence.
wserra

Post by wserra »

VanMeters Revenge wrote:This is why he sees it important for us to post this correspondence.
Maybe I'm missing something. What effect does he believe publishing confidential letters will have, other than giving the govt the argument that he has waived attorney-client privilege?

And if his father is signing his name to gibberish and filing it, it's way past time to revoke the POA. Arguably he is adopting the gibberish by not doing so. How much time does he want to do?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

wserra wrote: Maybe I'm missing something. What effect does he believe publishing confidential letters will have, other than giving the govt the argument that he has waived attorney-client privilege?
It will make the shifty sovrun-movement notice him again. Well, it might. Some of the players seems to thrive on attention, and will risk pretty much everything, just as long as people pays attention to them.

Another thing. Is Mr. Gordon aware of what Reno is up to? I know I would be pretty grumpy if a client posted such a letter.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Van - I can sympathize with the seemingly urgent need to have publicity, but I would only caution that in such matters silence and invisibility are crucial. Agreed, it is hard to suffer in silence but the real issue is how long you want the suffering to go on.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Donna, on the matter of publishing the correspondence, I will have to go with the group consensus and say that I too think it is not a good move to be doing so. The only opinion that is going to matter in the months to come is that appellate panel, and this isn’t helping. As far as Reno’s father’s latest antics, I will hope that someone has pointed out to both parties that what they are doing is not only a felony, but a Federal felony. Really not cool. Whether or not Reno agrees with it, by remaining silent and not repudiating the actions, he is placing himself legally in the position of accepting those actions and participating in another felony, as well as giving the impression that he agrees with it. Again a bad way to go up in front of an appellate panel or a judge for re-sentencing. His lawyer needs to really impress upon him that this is not helping.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.