what happened?

Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

what happened?

Post by Imalawman »

Why did we lose everything from the last couple months? Webby?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: what happened?

Post by Famspear »

Uh, this don't feel too good.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Looks like a bunch of things were moved to the Public Archives, either by auto-archive or manually.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

webhick wrote:Looks like a bunch of things were moved to the Public Archives, either by auto-archive or manually.
At least they're not lost! I hated to think we'd go through that again.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

They're not lost. We're working on it. Give us time - we may lose 'em yet.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
mutter

Post by mutter »

you dont back this up?
webhick

Post by webhick »

mutter wrote:you dont back this up?
It gets backed up. But restoring from a recent backup would do more harm than good right now. There's no loss of data so we're just going to move the posts back to the appropriate forum.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

I moved them to the Public Archive. They haven't disappeared or anything, and are searchable there. Any reason not to have them there, as opposed to here? It doesn't really matter to me, but it seemed that this forum had too many posts to be manageable.

The Protocols of Quatloos are aptly described in the Illuminati Web Manual, page 138.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Joey Smith wrote:I moved them to the Public Archive. They haven't disappeared or anything, and are searchable there. Any reason not to have them there, as opposed to here? It doesn't really matter to me, but it seemed that this forum had too many posts to be manageable.
Well shouldn't you start with the old files first? I don't understand why you'd move current posts to an unknown section of the forum...
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
webhick

Post by webhick »

Well, I've kept a list of the ones I moved back, which were only about 50 of the most recent. Joey, lemme know if you want me to move them back to the public archive.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

If I moved any of the new threads, it was totally inadvertent and unintended (there was a blockbuster episode of "Springer -- Uncut" on), so those of you who are moderators feel free to move as many or as few back as you want.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Joey Smith wrote:I moved them to the Public Archive. They haven't disappeared or anything, and are searchable there. Any reason not to have them there, as opposed to here? It doesn't really matter to me, but it seemed that this forum had too many posts to be manageable.

The Protocols of Quatloos are aptly described in the Illuminati Web Manual, page 138.
But, everyone knows the Protocols are a forgery.