Liberty Dollar Update

ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Re: Liberty Dollar Update

Post by ASITStands »

Lambkin wrote:I am way ahead of this guy. My liberation currency is called Imaginary Silver. There are no production problems, no issues with shipping or fulfillment, no threat of confiscation, and the best thing about it is every dollar you spend is guaranteed to be fully backed by Imaginary Silver. Become an Imaginary Silver associate today!
You forgot the part, "Send me your FRNs, and we'll send your 'Imaginary Silver' promptly!"
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

LPC wrote:
grixit wrote:How does a warehouse gold account fit in with the romantic fantasy of survival in a post apocalyptic world?
Post-apocalyptic worlds don't take Mastercard?

Now that was funny there :mrgreen:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Disclaimer: I am not a stockholder or an officer in Liberty Gold International - a New Zealand company with gold stored in Switzerland and a bankcard from England.
So, in the unlikely event that this fly by night company goes south, you have to pursue your interests in three countries where you don't live. Brilliant!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

LIBERTY DOLLAR ALERT:
September 2009 Vol. 11 No. 09-A
Confused about Liberty Gold? Don’t be. Just read this expose and feel good!
Dear Confused Supporter:
Many thanks for the many many people who registered for a Liberty Gold account and the Gold Card tied to your account. Unfortunately, I received an unusually large number of emails from confused supporters about the Liberty Gold announcement.
So I hope this quick Alert helps you understand Liberty Gold because I don’t want you to be confused and miss out on this exciting new development.
Please let me explain the basics:
Liberty Gold is NOT Liberty Dollar. It is a totally separate company.
Liberty Gold is a NEW ZEALAND company. It is no more related to Liberty Dollar it is to Liberty Mutual, Liberty Media, Liberty University, Liberty Magazine, Liberty Sphere or any of the other thousands of businesses that have “liberty” in their name… and most certainly… it is not related to Liberty Dollar!
I am not a shareholder or an officer in Liberty Gold International Ltd even though I started the research that lead to Liberty Gold.
There is NO relation between Liberty Gold and Liberty Dollar. You cannot deposit or use your Liberty Dollars with Liberty Gold. You cannot commingle LD with LG!
The only similarity is that both use my iconic Lady Liberty head. Quite simply, with the Liberty Dollar closed, I licensed Lady Liberty head to Liberty Gold as it seemed like an honest way to pay the bills.
Are you concerned about your property being confiscated? Given the experience with Liberty Dollar, that is certainly understandable. But please don’t be confused or concerned. First, Liberty Gold is not a US company, it is a New Zealand company. Second, you don’t have your property stored in Switzerland, a non-US company has your gold stored in Switzerland. Your account is not with Switzerland, it is with a New Zealand company that has your property stored in another international jurisdiction. This way your property is doubly safe from confiscation. .
Worried about the recent problems with UBS in Switzerland? That is not your problem. Again, your account is not with a Swiss company. Your account is with Liberty Gold, a New Zealand company. I hope this distinction is clear.
Problems understanding the world’s first MasterCard ® that is tied to your Liberty Gold account? It’s really simple. You can transfer USD’s into your gold account at any time for a very low premium, which even decreases as you buy more gold. That gold is accessible via your Card at any business or ATM or, anywhere MasterCard is accepted in the world. Simple? You bet!
The BIG pay off is that as the USD does down, gold goes up. The Liberty Gold Card is the ideal strategic winning tool for anyone who is concerned about their money and wants to protect their purchasing power and profit! But if that is not for you, then please keep your money in a US bank that is FDIC insured.
Your beautiful Liberty Gold Card is neither New Zealand nor Swiss based… it is issued by an English bank that further protects the unique Liberty Gold model and your property.
Quite frankly any paranoia about New Zealand, Switzerland or England is misplaced and should be directed at the current misguided US dollar in the United States of America. That is what you need protection from. And the sooner the better!
GREAT NEWS! Since announcing the Liberty Gold + Card, I just learned that all new accounts, including all the new accounts since my announcement last week, will receive a US DOLLAR DENOMINATED CARD. That means NO foreign exchange fees. Use it just like you use any debit card – except your balance increases in value as the price of gold goes up! No other card provides such a dynamic market sensitive advantage.
The only thing better than the decreasing premiums is the Reward Program that pays you to share the Liberty Dollar with your friends and get your gold at ZERO premium!
Please don’t object to Liberty Gold + Card just because you are upset with Liberty Dollar. Instead, take advantage of this valuable tool in the battle of protecting your money. And don’t delay. Visit the new site and find out the truth of how simple and easy it is to have your gold and use it too! I say it again; Liberty Gold and Liberty Dollar are two totally different companies!
Of course, what you do with your money, it is totally up to you. I just hope you chose wisely and timely. Nobody knows when the house of cards is coming down. Only that every fiat currency has failed and all the kings’ horsemen and all the kings’ men cannot, and will not, protect you and your money. That is your responsibility. Good luck!
Bernard von NotHaus
Monetary Architect / Editor
Liberty Dollar
PS: If you are interested in growing your money, please click HERE for the dynamite Reward Program affiliated with Liberty Gold.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Von NotHaus says he licensed his Liberty head image to LG. But his Liberty head was, according to NORFED/LD ads, a repro of the face of a turn of the the century US mint coin. So essentially Von NotHaus went through the motions of licensing an image, with payment to himself, which was, still, the undisputed property of the US govt, and, moreover, a considerable element in the courtfeiting case against him. As far as the prosecution against him is concerned, this might be evidence that he has dared to establish, even after indictment, new conspiracies to counterfeit currency.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Bernard von NotHaus, Monetary Architect wrote:Nobody knows when the house of cards is coming down.
Now that has GOT to be Freudian.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

One would have to be an idiot to send 10 cents to an outfit no one has ever heard of in New Zealand.

The card-issuing bank appears to be something called "UBN Bancorp" (unknown to
Google) on the main page of the website, https://www.libertygold.co.nz but it's fuzzy and also oddly on the face of the card is "electronic use only." Guess you can only use it on the internet, don't actually present to a live person, in person.

The card image in the "Get a Liberty Gold MasterCard" link has no issuing bank name on it at all. The name of the card-issuing bank is nowhere to be found on the entire site. There is no financial info whatsoever on the site at all. There is no info about the people behind it on the site at all.

This is classic bucket shop and/or outright fraud fare. The customer has no idea of and no way of ascertaining whether or not any gold is actually purchased or whether or not any is actually stored anywhere. The customer had no idea whether or not this completely unregulated outfit has any net worth to fall back on should they turn up in receivership some bright and sunny morning in a land far, far away.

Here's one indicia of fraud. They claim "free" gold storage in Switzerland when gold storage is most assuredly not free, but costs on the order of .5% per year. If they are bearing the cost for the customer, they need to be charging a lot more than the 1% to 4% premium over spot on cumulative gold purchases plus $39 to get the card:

<1K 4%
1K-10K 3%
10K-50K 2.5%
50K-100K 2%
100K-500K 1.5%
500K-1,000K 1.25%
1,000K+ 1%

The immediate temptation of the operators is to "bucket" customer orders, either temporarily to gain a small advantage on the dealer spread by virtue of a small, say 5 or 10%, price decline after the customer places the order which drastically increases their margins, or at least semi-permanently because they intend either to abscond or think that gold prices are headed significantly lower based on the old and largely true adage "the public is always wrong" on prices in any market.

If gold continues higher, bucketing orders gets them in immediate and progressively larger trouble, although for a while they can use new incoming funds to pay withdrawals due to card spending and redemption requests. That scenario winds up in bankruptcy.

The other indicia of fraud is the offer of 10% of their 1-to-4% premium to referrors. Dealer spreads on 1 ounce gold coins run around 7% and they ain't gonna store it for you forever. These guys run on 1 to 4% and will give away part of that plus half of the card fee. Not the type of business plan a legitimate dealer would attempt to execute.

The whole thing smells at least as bad as Liberty Dollar. The authorities in New Zealand and perhaps elsewhere will probably be sniffing around shortly assuming they haven't already gotten a snoot-full of the putrid fragrance emanating from this venture.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Just as an aside, when I buy gold, no, make that trade gold, as in sometimes I'm a buyer and sometimes I'm a seller, I do it in multiples of approximately $100K (at current prices) on regulated U.S. exchanges which are backed by their clearing members (all of the largest brokerage firms in the country.)

The brokerage cost to do that isn't 1% or 2% or 7% but rather $2.75 per contract per side (buy or sell,) or about .003%.

1/300th of the lowest cost (1/1200th of the small-fish, sub-$1,000-purchase premium of 4%) offered to anyone dumb enough to buy into the New Zealand scam. 1/2000th of usual dealer coin spreads, give or take.

The bid-ask spread on the NY Merc when I go make a transaction is 10 or 20 cents per ounce 24 hours per day, which is negligible. If I wanted to take delivery, I could for about $150. I'd get an assayed, .999-fine 100-ounce bar worth about $100K, per contract. But, I don't because I'm not a gold nut, just a trader.

What's funny, or sad, is that the rubes will never get it and will continue to be ripped off by people like VonNutball and his progeny in New Zealand.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

VonNutty wrote: Liberty Gold is a NEW ZEALAND company.
Er, no. The domain was purchased through a New Zealand domain registration company, but Liberty Gold International, Inc. itself is out of Florida.
Whois Record

domain_name: libertygold.co.nz
query_status: 200 Active
domain_dateregistered: 2008-12-13T11:19:35+13:00
domain_datebilleduntil: 2010-12-13T11:19:35+13:00
domain_datelastmodified: 2009-02-12T10:26:02+13:00
domain_delegaterequested: yes
registrar_name: DiscountDomains.co.nz
registrar_address1: P O Box 25-129
registrar_city: Christchurch
registrar_country: NZ (NEW ZEALAND)
registrar_phone: +64 3 961 9554
registrar_fax: +64 3 961 9553
registrar_email:
registrant_contact_name: Liberty Gold International, Inc.
registrant_contact_address1: 551 E Elkcam Circle
registrant_contact_city: Marco Island
registrant_contact_province: Florida
registrant_contact_postalcode: 34145
registrant_contact_country: US (UNITED STATES)
registrant_contact_phone: +1 239 3940358

registrant_contact_email:
admin_contact_name: Liberty Gold International Limited
admin_contact_address1: 551 E Elkham Circle
admin_contact_city: Marco Island
admin_contact_province: FL
admin_contact_postalcode: 34145
admin_contact_country: US (UNITED STATES)
admin_contact_phone: +1 239 3940358
admin_contact_email:
technical_contact_name: Liberty Gold International Limited
technical_contact_address1: 551 E Elkham Circle
technical_contact_city: Marco Island
technical_contact_province: FL
technical_contact_postalcode: 34145
technical_contact_country: US (UNITED STATES)
technical_contact_phone: +1 239 3940358
technical_contact_email:
ns_name_01: your.privatedns.com
ns_name_02: my.privatedns.com
The phone number (239-394-0358) and address track out to "Independent Accounting Office"
See this Google cache (while it lasts)

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=cach ... l=en&gl=us

The http://www.independentaccountingoffice.com website is down, but traces back to an "Albert Wagner"
Registrant:
IAO, Inc.
551 E Elkcam Circle
Marco Island, Florida 34145
United States

Domain Name: INDEPENDENTACCOUNTINGOFFICE.COM
Created on: 11-Jul-07
Expires on: 11-Jul-11
Last Updated on: 08-Jun-09

Administrative Contact:
Wagner, Albert
IAO, Inc.
551 E Elkcam Circle
United States
2393940358 Fax -- 2393941844

Technical Contact:
Wagner, Albert
IAO, Inc.
551 E Elkcam Circle
United States
2393940358 Fax -- 2393941844

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.WEBIGNITED.COM
NS2.WEBIGNITED.COM
And Albert's not an accountant. At least, not in Florida he's not.

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/
Last edited by cynicalflyer on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
cynicalflyer

Post by cynicalflyer »

VonNutty wrote: Liberty Gold is a NEW ZEALAND company.
http://sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet.exe?ac ... ling_type=

Detail by Entity Name
Florida Profit Corporation
LIBERTY GOLD INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Filing Information
Document Number P09000008119
FEI/EIN Number NONE
Date Filed 01/27/2009
State FL
Status ACTIVE
Effective Date 01/27/2009
Principal Address
551 E ELKCAM CIRCLE
MARCO ISLAND FL 34145 US
Mailing Address
551 E ELKCAM CIRCLE
MARCO ISLAND FL 34145 US
Registered Agent Name & Address
WAGNER, ALBERT J
[Address redacted by cynicalflyer]
Officer/Director Detail
Name & Address
Title CEO
WAGNER, ALBERT J
Title CTO
BRENDTRO, STEVEN
Title CHBD
HOWEY, EARLE T
Last edited by cynicalflyer on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Al Wagner. Now there's a name I hadn't heard in a couple of years.
Demo.
cynicalflyer

Post by cynicalflyer »

And Wagner's got himself some hefty IRS liens.

collierclerk.com

WAGNER,ALBERT J
Filing Date: 10/23/2007
Amount: $44,228
FEDERAL TAX LIEN Filing Number: 4086851
Filing Date: 10/23/2007
Book/Page: 4295/356
Filing Office: COLLIER COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT, FL

WAGNER,ALBERT J
Filing Date: 2/12/2007
Amount: $5,075
FEDERAL TAX LIEN Filing Number: 3972016
Book/Page: 4182/1140

WAGNER,ALBERT J
Amount: $78,550
FEDERAL TAX LIEN Filing Number: 3972017
Book/Page: 4182/1141
cynicalflyer

Post by cynicalflyer »

Demosthenes wrote:Al Wagner. Now there's a name I hadn't heard in a couple of years.
Never heard of him. Care to enlighten, oh wisest meloncat?
cynicalflyer

Post by cynicalflyer »

P.S. There is a LIBERTY GOLD INTERNATIONAL LIMITED listed with the New Zealand authorities as of December 22, 2008. The NZ version has the same three directors as the FL company AND " ALEXANDER SUPERTRAMP INCORPORATED" as the fourth shareholder. (Yes, that is the name, ALEXANDER SUPERTRAMP INCORPORATED).

http://www.companies.govt.nz/cms/how-do ... late/CNAME

So, they incorporate in New Zealand on December 22, 2008 then do the same in FL in January 2009.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

You're coming along...
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
cynicalflyer

Post by cynicalflyer »

grixit wrote:You're coming along...
Thanks. I am just sticking around until I get a cool title. "Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies" is good, but obviously taken.
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

551 E ELKCAM CIRCLE
MARCO ISLAND FL 34145 US
Might have to go sneek a peek at this place.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

cynicalflyer wrote:
grixit wrote:You're coming along...
Thanks. I am just sticking around until I get a cool title. "Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies" is good, but obviously taken.
Actually that was a Supertramp reference.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

cynicalflyer wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:Al Wagner. Now there's a name I hadn't heard in a couple of years.
Never heard of him. Care to enlighten, oh wisest meloncat?
Bill Branscum mentions him.

http://www.fraudsandscams.com/gypsies.htm
Of the lot, CPA Al Wagner may be the most interesting. He travels the Country preaching some sort of accounting voodoo that encourages people to walk away from their debts. He claims that since accountants offset loans extended against promissory notes received, those notes have value -- ergo the obligation was satisfied by merely signing the note! Yes, you heard that right - CPA Wagner's innovative approach to financial freedom rests upon the premis that since accountants treat a Promissory Note as an asset on company books to offset outstanding loans, there is no reason to actually make the payments!

"Earth to Wagner . . ."

Like so many con artists, Al Wagner is fond of quoting scripture, and I suppose part of him must mean well as he was kind of enough to provide me with Robert Evan's IMF (his confidential IRS tax related master file) and a complete set of Bernard Von NotHaus' financial records. Since these guys were Clients of his, some might regard that as a betrayal of trust, but it's like Momma said, "There's no honor among thieves."
EDIT: and the obligatory WND article. http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=15773
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Gee, why am I not surprised???? Sounds like another version of that fine old Swiss firm that never existed except on paper.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.