Liberty Dollar Update

Brandybuck

Re: Liberty Dollar Update

Post by Brandybuck »

notorial dissent wrote:Brandybuck, with all due respect, where, when, at what place has it ever worked with a bank issuing it’s own money.
I first replied to your post in detail, then I discovered something interesting. The Scottish banks still issue their own notes, and there are no legal tender laws in Scotland. They still have a central bank (down south in England), and shouldn't be characterized as a free banking system, but the existance of Scotland seems to refute most of your assertions.

See this page in particular:
http://www.scotbanks.org.uk/legal_position.php

Here are poster of the various banks notes:
http://www.scotbanks.org.uk/media/scott ... r_2007.pdf

For discussion of free banking itself, please listen to the podcast I linked to earlier.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The US had "free" banking before. Andrew Jackson was heavily involved.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yes, and there were several really impressive depressions/recessions that followed old "no national bank" Andy that took decades to recover from.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

LIBERTY DOLLAR NEWS:
October 2009 Vol. 11 No. 10
BREAKING NEWS: Watch FoxNews at 9:00 EST Sunday for a shocking expose on President Obama. Regardless of your opinion of the President, this Special Report should shock you… and hopefully into more action to save our country.
Table of Contents:
1. Second Amendment Dollar - on Target!!
2. Guns don't kill people, doctors do!
3. Two Cases of Simple Theft
4. The Tiny Cabin and our Government
5. Bernard Interviewed on Reality Report TV
6. Hawaii's 50th Anniversary Commemorative
7. Organic Gold Standard
8. Liberty Dollar Model Moves Up
9. Liberty Gold + Card
10. Legal Update on TEA Dollar Motion

Dear Liberty Dollar Supporters!
1. Second Amendment Dollar - on Target!!
I am very pleased to announce that the great Second Amendment has been commemorated with the Second Amendment Dollar. This commemorative is not a currency, as it does not have a face value ($20 is for MSRP only) and is not intended to circulate or compete with the god awful depreciating US dollar. The sole purpose of this commemorative "dollar" is to honor the Second Amendment as an exercise of free political expression as guaranteed by the First Amendment to the US Constitution.

ImageImage

The Second Amendment Dollar was made possible by BudsGunShop.com who contacted Alan McConnell with Silver Liberty Marketing about this exciting new project. Please visit BudsGunShop.com for "Gun Dollars." They are in stock right now for immediate delivery! And if you are a collector, be sure to inquire about the Numbered and Hallmarked editions of this historic issue that will appreciate more than the usual Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) Gun Dollars. Plus if you are looking to protect yourself, family and property BudsGunShop.com has a complete range of firearms, ammo and accessories at terrific prices. Get on target at Budsgunshop.com!
Let it be known that I am not involved in the minting, production or circulation of this historic commemorative "dollar." I was commissioned as an artist only.
Please note that the Second Amendment Dollar is not intended to be used as United States currency and any representation as such is strictly prohibited by law.
2. Guns don't kill people, doctors do!
Doctors:
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000
(B) Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year are 120,000
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services
Guns:
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 90,000,000
(B) The total number of accidental gun deaths per year is 1,500
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.000188
Statistics courtesy of the FBI
Therefore, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners!
Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do!"
Thank God there are only 0.70 million doctors compared to the America's 90 million gun owners!
Unfortunately, not every American has a gun, but almost everybody has at least one doctor. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!
Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!
3. Two Cases of Simple Theft
While the government's economic whores would have you believe we have "inflation," for many years I have repeatedly said, "There is NO inflation." What we have is simple THEFT of our purchasing power. How could it be simpler? The government deludes the value of "their" money and we the people suffer. Finally a major investment analyst gets it right. Please click HERE for "You're being ROBBED!" By Larry Edelson.
And remember that $700 billion TARP program to bail out the banks that was deemed "unheard of" and "enormous" at the time? Well now Inspector General Neil Barofsky, the bailout watchdog, expects the vast majority of the $700 billion will not be paid back. And just as the Obummer regime prepares to announce a new TARP-like program for small community banks, Barofsky told CBS's "The Early Show" that because of huge executive bonus payments by the same institutions that benefited from the government bailout, TARP has sown distrust and cynicism among many taxpayers. Barofsky also said in his report that the effort to save the nation's financial sector came at great cost to taxpayers, to the integrity of the financial system and to the public's perception of the federal government. And, "Treasury's actions in this regard have contributed to damage the credibility of the program and of the government itself, and the anger, cynicism and distrust created must be chalked up as one of the substantial, albeit unnecessary, costs of TARP."
Please click HERE to read the whole sorry article that should make you sick of our @$#@! government and its army of economic whores.
4. The Tiny Cabin and our Government
A social worker from Massachusetts recently transferred to the Mountains of North Carolina and was on the first tour of her new territory when she came upon the tiniest cabin she had ever seen in her life. Intrigued, she went up and knocked on the door. "Anybody home?" she asked. "Yep," came a kid's voice through the door.

"Is your father there?" asked the social worker. "Pa? Nope, he left afore Ma came in." said the kid. "Well, is your mother there?" persisted the social worker. "Ma? Nope, she left just afore I got here." said the kid. "But," protested the social worker, "Are you never together as a family?" "Sure, but not here." said the kid through the door. "This is the outhouse!"

Aren't you overjoyed that the government will soon be handling all your financial, educational and medical problems?
5. Bernard Interviewed on Reality Report TV
A Special Edition of Reality Report featured an in-studio interview of Bernard von NotHaus, Monetary Architect of the Liberty Dollar, and Gary Franchi who discussed the origins of the Liberty Dollar, the pending legal battle, the raid on the Liberty Dollar offices and the state of country's money. Click HERE for the interview.
Please note that although the interview is dated October 27, the day the interview was posted. The Interview was actually shot in May, long before I was arrested.
For more info on Restore the Republic please visit: http://RestoreTheRepublic.com.
If you are concerned about the new FEMA concentration camps in America, please click HERE for the new documentary film by Restore the Republic titled "Camp FEMA". For a DVD of the trailer, please click HERE.
To Restore The Republic! please send your donations to: 3149 Dundee Rd #176, Northbrook, Illinois 60062, USA
6. Hawaii's 50th Anniversary Commemorative
Due to legal circumstances beyond my control I have been forced to not use the $50 denomination and Hawaii Dala on the reverse of the commemorative for the 50th Anniversary of the 50th State of Hawaii. I find this detestable. Please note that the 2009 Hawaii Commemorative is not intended to be used as United States currency and any representation as such is strictly prohibited by law.
With that disclaimer said, I hope you would still support this valiant effort to commemorate Hawaii with this most bizarre mule. Please note if you are not familiar with the numismatic term MULE, it is the item when two unrelated dies are use to produce a new and often, unusual third specimen. Such is the case with the 2009 Hawaii Commemorative. With little time or money before the end of the year, I was lucky to find the original 1993 die used on the original one ounce silver "Hawaii Sovereign." This ground-breaking issue was introduced as a companion to the Overthrow Dala that commemorated, not celebrated, the 100th anniversary of the Overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii in 1893. The 1993 Hawaii Sovereign was the very first time the famous Kamehameha statue was issued by the Mint in Hawaii. Please note the reverse die is badly warn but the great design is still there and features the State motto in Hawaiian.: "The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness." In fact the whole reverse is in Hawaiian.
The obverse of the 2009 Hawaii Sovereign features King Kamehameha in "ultra high relief" (UHR). If you are not familiar with UHR then just know that the die has been cut to the utmost depth and in a special way so that the detail is not only "ultra high relief" the commemorative is amazingly clear with great definition of detail. Of course the easiest way to appreciate UHR is to compare it to any government coinage except the recently issued US Mint $20 Gold UHR, that proves that the government mint can do great work.
Even though the new amended terms of my Appearance Bond does not bar me from doing commemoratives, it seemed best at this time that I am not involved in this important issue. Please mail your order with payment to: Silver Liberty Marketing, POB 2105, Indianapolis IN, 46206 as SLM does not have a merchant account and cannot accept orders online.
2009 Hawaii Sovereign for Hawaii's 50th Anniversary is available in three issues. All three issues are expected to be very small and most likely will be less than 50 pieces so there is not maximum order… just hope to hear from you.
BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED ISSUE: The ultra high relief (UHR) 2009 Hawaii Sovereign with Kamehameha the Great contains one full ounce of .999 fine silver minted in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition and measures 39 mm in diameter with a reeded edge. Every Sovereign is in Proof-like condition and packaged in a capsule for $35 each. Please note prices are subject to change.

FIRST DAY OF ISSUE of the UHR 2009 Hawaii Sovereign with Kamehameha is available with a hand stamped Hallmark of the Hawaiian Islands. The hallmark of the Hawaiian Islands is individually hand stamped on the reverse of each FDI so every stamp is different and may not be complete, which is part of the collectibility of the First Day of Issue for $45 each.
LIMITED NUMBERED ISSUE is limited to a maximum of only 100 UHR Kamehameha Sovereign is also available. The best specimens have been cherry picked and individually hand numbered. All numbered Hawaii Sovereigns will also include the special micro hallmark of the Hawaiian Islands. The Limited Numbered Issue is strictly limited to only 100 numbered Sovereigns for $65 each.
If you want to check out the history of the Hawaii Dala or sign up for the periodic newsletter, MINTLINE, please visit: http://www.HawaiiDala.com.
Thanks again for your support during these very trying times.
7. Organic Gold Standard
Back in 2003, in those good ol' days of the legendary Liberty Dollar, we commemorated the Fifth Anniversary with my 500 page tome, "Liberty Dollar SOLUTION to the Federal Reserve." Oh, life was simple back then. And while the book covers many of the problems and the sole Liberty Dollar solution, I have found very few people who ever read my thesis: "Organic Gold Standard." Now with gold on the rise, a new global currency being bantered about that confirms the world continues to move through the painful experience of "returning to a value based currency," it is time for the new Organic Gold Standard.
I am deeply indebted to my friend, fellow monetarist and noted economist Dr. Richard H. Timberlake who contributed to my book and said:
"Gold standards were put in place by governments, and, in all but a very few cases, they have been managed by governments. A gold standard, especially 'the' gold standard is administered by a Treasury or central bank, is an illusory solution to monetary mischief. It would be just as subject to government tampering as any other institution managed by the state. Many statist central bankers, in fact, embrace a 'gold standard' because it serves as a respectable cover for their traditional hands-on control. No, no, no 'gold standard,' please!"
Please click HERE for the Organic Gold Standard or dig out my book and read Chapter 27, page 237. OGS is only seven pages.
8. Liberty Dollar Model Moves Up
I am pleased to announce that the 30 day moving average (30DMA) for silver was $16.00 on October 1, 2009, the 11th anniversary of Liberty Dollar. Now, 30 days later, the Liberty Dollar model has Moved Up to the $50 Silver Base. This is the second time the Liberty Dollar Moved Up as it had previously Moved Up to the $50, and then Moved Down to the $20 Silver Base in response to market conditions. And while a 45-day duration requirement was required for Liberty Dollar to Move Up the first time, only 30 days was required to return to the $50 Silver Base. So it came to pass that the Liberty Dollar Moved Up on Aloha Friday, October 30, 2009 with the 30DMA at $17.04.
Now, because of the Liberty Dollar's current legal problems and the government seizure of so many people's money, this Move Up may not be of much interest, except for the other currencies based on the Liberty Dollar model, but it is still noteworthy and will be of particular interest after the Liberty Dollar Four are acquitted.J Please continue to support your favorite currency, while the Liberty Dollar continues to plow new ground for America's eventual return to an honest and value based monetary system.
Amendment LDM-1:
Now that the Liberty Dollar Model is using a "market" price model versus a "currency" price model, I hereby acknowledge that the Move Down mechanism is not necessary. In the future, once a new Silver Base has been reached at the specified 30DMA and for the time duration required to Move Up, the Liberty Dollar model will not Move Down.
Amendment LDM-2:
Now with eleven years of currency modeling, two Move Ups and one Move Down, I hereby move to simplify the Move Up points to be 85% of the current Silver Base. Currently, the Liberty Dollar Model specifies the Liberty Dollar currency to Move Up to the face value (MSRP) of $100 is when the 30DMA reaches or exceeds $41.50? for 60 consecutive calendar days. The amended Move Up point to the $100 Silver Base would be $42.50 (85% of the $50 Silver Base) and occur when that 30DMA rate is maintained for 60 consecutive calendar days. The Move Up to the $250 Silver Base would change from the current 30DMA of $84.00 to $85.00 (85% of the $100 Silver Base) with a 75-day duration. And the Move Up point to the $500 Silver Base would change from $211.50 to $212.50 (85% of $250) with a duration of 90 consecutive calendar days.
The "duration" time from the old base to the new base continues to be enlarged by 15 days for each Move Up to facilitate increased volatility from high silver prices. For example, the Move Up from the $10 Silver Base to the $20 was 30 days, the Move Up from the $20 to the $50 Silver Base was 45 days and the duration from the $50 to the $100 Silver Base requires a 60-day duration. God help us after that!
Original info on rates and formulas is at: http://www.libertydollar.org/ld/rco/rate-formulas.htm
My thanks to Ray Ubinger, a staunch supporter of the Liberty Dollar, who reports that the 30DMA for silver has been constantly increasing, every single business day, since July 31 when it was $13.51. The 30DMA broke $17 ($17.01) on Tuesday, September 20 and hit a high of $17.28 on August 18. It has since moved down as silver retracted and finished the 30 day period on October 30th at $17.04?.
9. Liberty Gold + Card
I regret to inform you that difficulties have befallen Liberty Gold and its super MasterCard® program. Currently the system is under review and revision. I will gladly inform you of its successes as soon as possible. If you deposited any money into Liberty Gold, you should have received an email informing you of this development and that all your money, less the $39 for the card, will be refunded to you at the current gold rate. Please keep your card, as it is still viable and will be even more valuable when it is reconnected to your Liberty Gold account. Thank you for your interest in this leading edge program.
10. Legal Update on TEA Dollar Motion
Unfortunately, Magistrate Judge David S. Cayer, the lowest judge in the Federal judicial system, has responded to our Motion to clarify his original Oral Order to fill the TEA Party Dollars by issuing an Amended Order that states:
IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED that defendant's conditions of release are AMENDED to prohibit Defendant from minting or producing any coinage or currency and from circulating any coinage or currency that has not been produced by the United States Mint.
We think the Judge is in error as our Motion was based on the First Amendment that protects "political expression" and nothing could be more expressive than the TEA (acronym for Taxed Enough Already) Dollar. An appeal to District Court Judge Richard Voorhees is planned, as we remain dedicated to filling your Tea Party Dollars ASAP. Unfortunately, we cannot refund your money as your money is tied up in the product. Fortunately, if inflation strikes while this issue winds its way through the judicial system, your value is protected in copper. Unfortunately, through no fault of your own, you have been deprived of your property without legal recourse. And that is very wrong! My apologies for this gross inconvenience of your God given right that is protected and guaranteed by the First Amendment. Please click HERE for the Amended Order. (Tim please add link to the Amended Order.)

Closing Remarks:
Ooops!!! A correction: October 1, 2009 was Liberty Dollar's 11th Anniversary. It was incorrectly reported as the 12th anniversary in the previous newsletter while it just seems like the 12th or maybe the 112th! Actually, the original draft referenced that the Liberty Dollar was starting its 12th year and then late one night that became the 12th Anniversary. My apology for this misinformation.
Regardless of the anniversary, it is amazing that the Liberty Dollar is still alive and fighting for your right to protect your purchasing power from the thieving government money that constantly loses purchasing power. We are also fighting for your wrongfully seized property! Damnit, if the !@#@! government would just do what it is supposed to do - which is damn little - I could get back on the beach in Hawaii!
Thank you for your continued support and much patience. For it is only by banding together and adopting a free and independent currency that provides us with "just weights and measures" will we be able to throw off the yoke of a manipulated monetary/tax system and generate a peaceful and prosperous society.
Thank you for all your efforts to return America to value - one Liberty Dollar at a time!
Bernard von NotHaus
Monetary Architect/Editor
Editor@LibertyDollar.org
http://www.LibertyDollar.org
888.LIB.DOLLAR
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

How stupid of me. I've been trusting in the Fed and economic experts to maintain the currency policy in the US. I really should be listening to a pothead in Hawaii.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Evil Squirrel Overlord
Emperor of rodents, foreign and domestic

Post by Evil Squirrel Overlord »

I cannot wait until the 3rd Amendment Dollar comes out. No quartering of soldiers in my home during peacetime or....um... death!
Are you saying that Ron Paul serves as a convenient chew toy to keep stupid puppies occupied so they don't roll in the garbage? -grixit
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:I cannot wait until the 3rd Amendment Dollar comes out. No quartering of soldiers in my home during peacetime or....um... death!
has there been a 10th Amendment Dollar? That seems like the most logical one ot me, States Rights! Or do Soverigns not believe in states?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Even better -- how about the "Missing Thirteenth Amendment Dollar"? I'm not interested, though; I'd rather wait until the Quatloos Mint strikes the first One Quatloos proof coins. :wink:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Von Nutjob just doesn’t seem to get it, or else doesn’t want to get it. It was making them look like US coins in the first place that got him in trouble, not that he was making them, or his crackpot theories, and if he had just done to begin with what he is doing now he wouldn’t be on his way to jail, but he was busy scamming and got caught at it.

I think the court order was quite specific and clear and he is still trying to find way around it and in to a contempt citation. I’m not even sure but what his latest efforts don’t violate the order, only time will tell I guess, but I would say he is going to continue attempting to thumb his nose at the courts though until they finally slap him hard. You sort of start to see a pattern when they start claiming free speech violations when it comes to breaking the law and making money off of it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Even better -- how about the "Missing Thirteenth Amendment Dollar"?
I used to own a bunch, but when made king of Outbackistan, I melted them down to make my crown.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LIBERTY DOLLAR NEWS:
November 2009 Vol. 11 No. 11
Death of Liberty Dollar Site and More
URGENT: The Liberty Dollar site may be killed. I suggest you save the site while you can. Pleases read the first article and the Legal Update below. My apologies for this late Newsletter. My computer had a terrible virus and then I was in court for the Status Conference. And please note #6 as Kevin Innes' deadline is only days away.
Table of Contents:
1. Death of Liberty Dollar site?
2. Grab Your Handbasket...
3. Surviving the Middle Class Crash
4. Massive Revolutionary Changes
5. Obummer Ups the Troops!
6. Please Help Get Kevin Out!
7. Liberty Dollar in Harper's
8. Gold Monetary System Supports Peace
9. Legal Update
1. Death of Liberty Dollar site?
At the Status Conference in Statesville, North Carolina, the DOJ demanded the Liberty Dollar site be removed as another condition of my Appearance Bond. Judge Voorhees has given LD until December 21 to hack out info that supports the circulation of Liberty Dollars. As there is no guarantee that our changes will be acceptable, you may want to save the Liberty Dollar site. As a defendant, I may not be able to host it after December 21. Please read the Legal Update below for more info.
2. Grab Your Handbasket...
Without almost any fanfare, the US National Debt topped $12 Trillion dollars on November 17. So what the hell does that mean? Quite frankly, this latest disgrace simply confirms, yet again, that the government is dedicated to destroying the US dollar and all the "money" you have. So grab your handbasket because the country is going to hell.
My viewpoint is that the government's plunge into debt is part of a much bigger global effort. And even though the US government may not know it, or that Obummer may ignorantly stumble through it, the world's population is about to experience the hyperinflation and all the unpleasantries of social disorder, food rationing, marshal law with troops stationed at major intersections and the rise of a dictatorial government. Shame on us American to have failed in preserving the Founding Fathers ideals!
Now I am not a conspiracy theorist because much is not theory. But the government's irresponsible, asinine, screwed up, whatever-you-want-to-call its "monetary policy" will bankrupt the county and everybody in it. This is just crazy! Especially, since every country that has gone down the hyper-inflationary depression road has ended in a dictatorship. All this makes any thinking man or woman wonder why our government would debase its currency and catapult the country into such dire straights unless it was for their own sinister political agenda.
Unfortunately, we don't know the government's real agenda or how successful or enlightened the new technodictator will be. And while I would like to think that Obummer is as honest as he is glib, history certainly presents a very dark lesson of all hyper-inflationary depressions. Even at this early stage with "only" a $12 trillion national debt, the upside down housing market, raging unemployment, currency controls, stop and searches, the war on guns and your money, all foretells an alarming scenario for the not too distant future.
If you have any doubts, just consider that as our National Debt has risen, the purchasing power of your "money" has collapsed. In fact from 1913 to 2001, the National Debt grew from zero to $6 trillion dollars in 88 years and the US dollar lost 96% of its purchasing power! In the next three years it increased a trillion to $7 trillion. In the following years it increased approximately a trillion per year. Now the National Debt is over $12 trillion dollars!! It has DOUBLED in only eight yeas! The acceleration of the national debt is a huge warning and signals a rapid loss of your purchasing power in the immediate future.
Remember, just a couple years ago, $12 American Federal Reserve Notes still bought an ounce of silver, just like 12 German Mark Notes bought one ounce of silver in 1919. Will it take $543,750,000,000 America Federal Reserve Notes to buy one ounce of silver like it did in German Mark Notes on November 7, 1923?
One of these mornings when you will wake up, the sun will be shining and all your money will still be "safely" in the bank. You might still have access to it. Or you may not. Meanwhile, we might easily see a 12,000 or 20,000 or even 100,000 Dow! The talking heads will still be dishing out pabulum. Regardless, when the US dollar collapses and America wakes up, our money will not buy enough for us to live. Even though we will all be millionaires, we will not have enough to eat so don't be surprised when we are all in the same soup line. As a Liberty Dollar supporter, none of this should be a surprise and the discomfort minimized if you took action.
This latest monetary milestone is but another confirmation that the United States and most of the world is ratcheting back for a moon shot towards a hyper-inflationary depression and then I hope a new value based currency, which in itself is good. Unfortunately, first our money is going to hell in a handbasket. The big questions are: What is your lifestyle going to be like in five years? What will American be like under a dictatorship after the US dollar fails and is replaced with a new global currency? And will these massive changes come about via peaceful cooperation or war?
I trust that since you read this Newsletter and are part of the of the Liberty Dollar family, you have taken care to protect yourself, family and money. If not, please use "dollar cost averaging" to secure as much gold and silver as possible while it is still possible. I firmly believe that silver will provide the best security blanket to go with your handbasket and will likely outperform gold 5-to-1 and maybe more.
There is no doubt about it, these are very dangerous times. And they are going to get even more dangerous, maybe even life threatening. But they are not without hope or a positive value based monetary system. Remember, America was the only country in recent times to survive 5000% inflation, after the Continental Convention removed 'bills of exchange' from the US Constitution and returned the country to a gold and silver based monetary system in 1787. Unfortunately, Obummer is no Washington. Not even close!
For more info on hyperinflation please Google same or click HERE.
3. Surviving the Middle Class Crash
Gerald Celente has done more than most to alert Americans to the problems that the current monetary régime will foster upon our country. Please take a moment and click HERE for "Surviving the Middle Class Crash" a quick video on the consequences of our national debt from one of the experts of our time.
4. Massive Revolutionary Changes
One of the most astounding facts is that after the Y2K and 9/11 crises had passed, the Fed promptly reversed its monetary inflationary infusions and pulled out the extra billions from the banking system.
But this time, Mr. Bernanke has done precisely the opposite. Since he inflated the currency and DOUBLED the reserves at the nation's banks with his 112-day money-printing frenzy in late 2008, he has thrown still more money into the pot. And late last month, the monetary base surged to new, all-time highs.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is not just more of the same trend that we have witnessed over the decades. It's a massive, revolutionary change in the entire structure of the U.S. monetary system and our economy.
Please click HERE to read this excellent article by Marin Weiss at Money and Markets.
5. Obummer Ups the Troops!
For the President to run on ending the war (in Iraq) and win the Peace Prize, this should disturb every American. Same old bait and switch. Trade one war for another war. If you read "Grab" above, you should be grabbing your pitchfork too! This is really sick!
For Obummer to send 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan is as bad as when Dictator Roosevelt knew of the attack on Pearl Harbor well before that Sunday morning but never alerted them. Some people call this murder. But America's brave boys and girls are not the only people who this President will murder.
Piling on another $45 billion in debt (if you can believe that figure) as part of the $1.8 TRILLION increase for the National Debt will murder more Americans. It will make it harder for Americans to survive, it will increase crime and lead to real murders. Now that's "leadership" for you! Of course that will in turn bring about more draconian measures for even more government crack down!
Unfortunately, it will not end there... just look at all the stats, as if you can believe any of them. The poor senior citizens are also being murdered with the ridiculous low inflation rate while food prices bound. Even though every US President has "massaged" the figures, Clinton takes the cake for cooking the books and killing the seniors' right to the money they paid into Social Security. Obviously, if you don't eat or live in a house with a mortgage or pay rent, you have no inflation. Obummer just continues the government SOT (Standard Operating Theft).
It is all this pure crap that is fueling the people's total disgust of the federal government. God help us all because as bad as it is, unfortunately it is going to get a lot worse. Please don't wait until the US dollar is worthless to take action to protect yourself.
6. Please Help Get Kevin Out!
Poor William Kevin Innes has it worst right now. Please click HERE for a heart-rending letter from jail by Kevin, calling out for your help. He really needs to get out of jail and we need his help on the defense team.
Since his arrest the first of June, Kevin has been held in the God-awful County Jail in Charlotte, which is as bad as it gets. Please help get Kevin out now, as the Affidavit deadline is DECEMBER 21. It only takes a few minutes and costs almost nothing to fill out this Affidavit, notarize it and mail it to Kevin's immigration attorney:
Ms. Jordan G. Forsythe, Esq.
756 Tyvola Road, Suite 160
Charlotte. NC. 28217
Phone: 740.522.6363
Please support the Liberty Dollar by helping Kevin get out of jail. Please download this Affidavit, fill it out, notarize it, and mail it to Kevin's attorney. And remember the Affidavit deadline is DECEMBER 21.
7. Liberty Dollar in Harper's
WOW!!! Harper's magazine just published a huge eight-page article on the Liberty Dollar in the January 2010 issue. Please pick up a copy today at any local bookstore or newsstand in your area. Their article has been in the works for about two years and reflects the candor that many thoughtful readers have come expect from the current generation of Harper's editors. Since 1850 to today, Harpers has fine-tuned their insightful ability to focus on the times and feature them in amazing articles and thoughtful art. Most recently, Harper's focus had been on corrupt American politics. Congratulations to Sam Shaw for his truly amazing article that reads more like a short story! Please get a copy of Harper's and find out for yourself.
8. Gold Monetary System Supports Peace
It is a simple fact that if the government had to pay their war costs with gold, there would be no war. It is one thing to defend the country when attacked such as the War of 1812. But it is quite different to attack a country based on a lie about weapons of mass destruction, destroy own country's monetary system, heap pain upon its citizens and then switch to another war! Obummer is the nicest word for any such president. At a time when reason is so needed, it is in short supply. At a time when a value based monetary system is so needed, it is all but non-existent.
For more info on what a new age gold standard could be, please click HERE for the Organic Gold Standard (OGS) or dig out my book, SOLUTION, and read Chapter 27, page 237.
9. Legal Update
The long and curious road of the Liberty Dollar trial and all your confiscated gold and silver continued with a Status Conference held at 2:30 on December 7 before Trial Judge Richard Voorhees for the Western Federal District Court in Statesville, North Carolina. All Liberty Dollar Four defendants were required to attend with their attorneys. I shook hands with Kevin and he seemed to be in good spirits. Thank God he has such a good strong positive inner strength. The hearing was interesting. The top purpose was to set a new date for trial, now scheduled for March 1, but don't bet on it. The hearing also dealt with the 1.8 million documents that the DOJ provided defense for discovery. Quite frankly, there is no way to digest so much material and develop a defense strategy, which was most likely the DOJ's ploy. At this time it seems unclear how the DOJ is going to reply to our request to pare down the material so we can develop a defense strategy of which they have little interest in.
What is very clear is that the DOJ does not like the Liberty Dollar and is trying very hard to kill it and load my Appearance Bond with more restrictions. As I explained, the ugly truth is that if you are arrested for a federal crime in North Carolina, NO BAIL is set. Yes, even though the Eighth Amendment states "no excessive bail" it does not state that any bail must be set. And the US Supreme Court has upheld that no bail is required to be set. So, the ugly truth is that when you are arrested for a federal crime in North Carolina, you either get out on an Appearance Bond with all its restriction, or you don't get out!
The newest restriction to my Appearance Bond is the DOJ's demand for me to take down the Liberty Dollar site because is it is contributing towards the circulation of the Liberty Dollar. Of course that is not true because you have not been able to order any Liberty Dollars since my arrest on June 4, 2009. What is true, is that this is an infringement on my First Amendment right of free speech. But who gives a damn about that? Certainly not this government. Nor is my First Amendment right an issue, because the DOJ's action "only" relates to the terms of my Appearance Bond. Cute, eh?
Meanwhile Judge Voorhees upheld Magistrate Judge David S. Cayer's ban on filling the Tea Party Dollar orders. So I regret to inform you that your First Amendment right to political expression must wait until the Liberty Dollar Four win to receive the balance of your order… Unless you would like to exercise your First Amendment right and take legal action… If so, please let me know.
Warning: The Liberty Dollar site may be killed. I suggest you save the site, all outstanding orders, your login info and password for eLD, RCO, Liberty Associate and any other info that you may need regarding the Liberty Dollar, while you can.
Closing Remarks:
It has been another interesting month as the Liberty Dollar Four case works its way through the federal labyrinth. But we are not without hope and resolve to win. The trial will not be a walk in the park. In fact, this is a landmark case regarding our country's monetary system. The government is dead set against the Liberty Dollar and will do almost anything to kill it and the people's right to protect their purchasing power from the theft of the government's hyperinflationary fiat monetary scheme.
Please stand with us in defense of a private voluntary barter currency. For it is only by banding together and adopting a free and independent currency that provides us with "just weights and measures" will we be able to throw off the yoke of a manipulated monetary/tax system and generate a peaceful and prosperous society.
Thank you for all your efforts to return America to value - one Liberty Dollar at a time!
Bernard von NotHaus
Editor@LibertyDollar.org
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

URGENT: The Liberty Dollar site may be killed.
This shows up in one way or another throughout; if anything this shows how much con artists rely on the Internet to peddle their garbage.
The hearing also dealt with the 1.8 million documents that the DOJ provided defense for discovery.
Sounds like DoJ came prepared to win - wonder how much of that documentation was direct evidence that came from Von Nothaus.
So I regret to inform you that your First Amendment right to political expression must wait until the Liberty Dollar Four win to receive the balance of your order...
He sounds rather overconfident about that win, no?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

Demosthenes wrote:
LIBERTY DOLLAR NEWS:
As a defendant, I may not be able to host it after December 21. Please read the Legal Update below for more info.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but any restriction on his appearance bond would also include prohibiting any of his buddies to do it for him, or not? I know civilly I've seen restraining orders prohibiting an individual "through himself or others" from doing what the judge says you are not suppose to do, but am unsure here.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

URGENT: The Liberty Dollar site may be killed.
Nay, murdered! Like that crappy Tom Cruise movie where they play with marbles and then arrest and convict Andrew McCarthy - not for identity theft and playing with his boss's corpse, but for maybe killing someone in the future...with no evidence except from some mind-fricked clairvoyant vegetables who literally lose their marbles. The marbles Tom and his friends play with! BAH! Brain marbles!
I suggest you save the site while you can.
Why? Just in case the DOJ missed parts of it?
My apologies for this late Newsletter. My computer had a terrible virus and then I was in court for the Status Conference.
Gee, I hope there was no sensitive customer information on that computer, but it sounds like it was the only computer around...so...um...yeah...

Judge Voorhees has given LD until December 21 to hack out info that supports the circulation of Liberty Dollars.
Merry Christmas!
As there is no guarantee that our changes will be acceptable, you may want to save the Liberty Dollar site.
Well, if you make the changes specified and don't monkey around trying to find loopholes or something, then you shouldn't have a problem.
Without almost any fanfare, the US National Debt topped $12 Trillion dollars on November 17. So what the hell does that mean?
That the US National Debt topped $12 trillion dollars on November 17th. Do you not read your own writing?
Quite frankly, this latest disgrace simply confirms, yet again, that the government is dedicated to destroying the US dollar and all the "money" you have. So grab your handbasket because the country is going to hell.
Okay, so you want us to put the country in handbaskets that we provide and carry these filled baskets to hell. First of all, there's only one "the country" in this instance, so it's impossible for us to put it in all our baskets. Secondly, the country is perfectly capable of going to hell on its own so I don't feel it's necessary to provide it with transportation. Unless it expedites the process. Perhaps, you would like us to each carry the country to hell in our handbaskets, then come back with the country and let the next person in like carry it there. Lather, rinse, repeat until everyone who brought a basket has been to hell and back with the country. But, you see I have a major problem with this. The country looks mighty heavy and I doubt a handbasket can properly handle the weight. Simply put, if I try to stick the country in there, the bottom is going to fall out of the basket long before I toss it into hell. That's assuming we don't burn up on entry. Handbaskets are flammable, and I'm not sure you've noticed but the country is covered with things like trees, gas stations, ammo and booze. I hope you don't mind if we all vote to send you on the first trip to hell with the country in your handbasket. And we'll wait here with our handbaskets. If we hear a big boom, we're going to make a "Weekend at Bernie's" joke and all go home.
Shame on us American to have failed in preserving the Founding Fathers ideals!
Who is the "us American" guy and where can I find him? I suspect he stole a copy of the Time Tilt-a-Whirl blue prints. After all, how else can someone "to have failed?" HOW?! Hand him over, Bernie! He must pay for his crimes!

[...snip monetary rant...]
I trust that since you read this Newsletter
Not really...
I firmly believe that silver will provide the best security blanket to go with your handbasket and will likely outperform gold 5-to-1 and maybe more.

You mean the handbasket you're making me carry this heavy country around in? Do me a favor and Mapquest hell before I drop this thing. Oh, and you better not reimburse me for the reinforced handbasket in Libbies.
Poor William Kevin Innes has it worst right now.
Oh, you mean the illegal immigrant? And repeat after me. Bad, worse, worst. Bad, worse, worst.
Please click HERE for a heart-rending letter from jail by Kevin, calling out for your help.
"heart-rendering" doesn't make any sense. Put down the doobie.
Since his arrest the first of June, Kevin has been held in the God-awful County Jail in Charlotte, which is as bad as it gets.
I looked up the worst jails in the country. Charlotte was not mentioned. Looked up the worst county jails in the country. Charlotte was not mentioned. Clearly, his situation is not as bad as it gets. Also, if he was not an illegal immigrant, perhaps he would not have spent the last six months in county.
WOW!!! Harper's magazine just published a huge eight-page article on the Liberty Dollar in the January 2010 issue.
It's also available online with subscription here. You can also subscribe for about $17 per year. What's funny is that it's slightly less than the spot price of silver listed on the LD site.
The hearing also dealt with the 1.8 million documents that the DOJ provided defense for discovery. Quite frankly, there is no way to digest so much material and develop a defense strategy, which was most likely the DOJ's ploy.
That's why your attorney negotiates a suitable trial date so that your side can digest the material.
At this time it seems unclear how the DOJ is going to reply to our request to pare down the material so we can develop a defense strategy of which they have little interest in.
I can picture the request now:
Crack Legal Defense Team wrote:Okay, like, hitherto and forthwith, can you, like, ::heavy sigh:: not make me go through all that stuff you have against me? You know, just take a few boxes or something and run them through the shredder, or like, give me the crib notes, m'kay?
What is very clear is that the DOJ does not like the Liberty Dollar and is trying very hard to kill it and load my Appearance Bond with more restrictions.
Their job is to uphold the law and prosecute LD, not make kissy-face with you.
As I explained, the ugly truth is that if you are arrested for a federal crime in North Carolina, NO BAIL is set. Yes, even though the Eighth Amendment states "no excessive bail" it does not state that any bail must be set. And the US Supreme Court has upheld that no bail is required to be set. So, the ugly truth is that when you are arrested for a federal crime in North Carolina, you either get out on an Appearance Bond with all its restriction, or you don't get out!
Well, bail is not a bond. Bail deals with money, bond is more of a promise. There's no 8th amendment right to "no excessive bond." And hey, if you don't like the conditions of the bond agreement, you can always become a burden on the taxpayer - hey, then we'll really be paying for your defense, huh?
The newest restriction to my Appearance Bond is the DOJ's demand for me to take down the Liberty Dollar site because is it is contributing towards the circulation of the Liberty Dollar. Of course that is not true because you have not been able to order any Liberty Dollars since my arrest on June 4, 2009.
First of all, it looks like you were still selling them as of your October newsletter since you managed to move the base up to $50. Maybe I'm confused. You've got a lot of different Libby offshoots. I can't be bothered to keep track. Secondly, there is a difference between encouraging people (and telling them it's legal) to circulate a product under prosecution and actually selling said product. "Circulate" does not equal "sell."
What is true, is that this is an infringement on my First Amendment right of free speech. But who gives a damn about that? Certainly not this government. Nor is my First Amendment right an issue, because the DOJ's action "only" relates to the terms of my Appearance Bond. Cute, eh?
Except they're not saying that you can't push the gold or silver standard, or that you can't talk about your monetary theories. They're just telling you to stop hocking product and the continued use of previously mentioned product until the trial is over.
So I regret to inform you that your First Amendment right to political expression
I regret to inform you that you're confused about what the First Amendment entails.
must wait until the Liberty Dollar Four win to receive the balance of your order…
You knew after the raid that there would likely be further action that would put a stop to your business. But you took those orders anyway. And now you're telling them that it's a violation of your rights that you can't fulfill their order.... Do you ever take responsibility for anything? This was a foreseeable problem.
Warning: The Liberty Dollar site may be killed.
Nay, MURDERED!
I suggest you save the site, all outstanding orders, your login info and password for eLD, RCO, Liberty Associate and any other info that you may need regarding the Liberty Dollar, while you can.
Yes, for the class action lawsuit that may follow your conviction.
The government is dead set against the Liberty Dollar and will do almost anything to kill it and the people's right to protect their purchasing power from the theft of the government's hyperinflationary fiat monetary scheme.
That hyperinflationary fiat monetary scheme is what you're basing your LD on, so congratulations, you created an alternative hyperflationary fiat monetary scheme. Except yours is heavier.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LIBERTY DOLLAR NEWS:
December 2009 Vol. 11 No. 12
Heart Attack / Butchered Site / Currency Act / More
Please pray for Michael Badnarik, help Kevin and read the important developments below.
Table of Contents:
1. Michael Badnarik Has Heart Attack
2. Liberty Dollar Site Butchered
3. Free Competition in Currency Act by Ron Paul
4. John Williams on Hyperinflation
5. Warning of Crash-Induced Unrest
6. More Damn BS Regarding Kevin
7. Push & Push Back - Action Abates Fear
8. National Debt Update
9. The Trial by Franz Kafka
10. Will Gold be the "Greatest Trade Ever"
11. Harper's Liberty Dollar Article Is Out
1. Michael Badnarik Has Heart Attack
I regret to inform you that my personal friend, arch patriot, Constitution scholar, 2004 Presidential candidate and most recently President of the 2009 Continental Congress had a heart attack on Tuesday, December 22. Michael was unconscious and his condition was diagnosed as serious.
At the time of the heart attack, Michael was in Madison, Wisconsin attending a hearing regarding a raw milk case. After the hearing he got in a car to go to lunch with friends, He then slumped over. His friends attempted CPR and contacted the paramedics. They attempted to revive him 3 times with no success. Upon the 4th attempt his heart was revived yet with erratic behavior. He was then taken by helicopter to Gunderson Lutheran Hospital CCU in Lacrosse, WI and fitted with a temporary pacemaker and a balloon pump to ease stress on his heart.

As of yesterday, Monday, December 28, Michael's Mother, Elaine said that his condition seems to have "backslid". They were hoping that he would have been released on Wednesday to his Mother's care in Indiana but his condition is still critical.
When Michael regained consciousness he unbound his wrists, removed the breathing tube from his throat and asked to be released not understanding how serious his situation was. The hospital had to sedate him again to put the breathing tube back in because he is having trouble breathing and is currently sedated to ease the pressure on his lungs and heart.
At this time Michael still in arterial fibrillation and a AED defibrillator has been applied to reset his heart rhythm and remains sedated until his condition can be stabilized at the Gunderson Lutheran Hospital CCU in Lacrosse, WI.
Please do no call or visit the hospital as only family is allowed.
I will post an Alert as soon as Michael's condition improves.
2. Liberty Dollar Site Butchered
The good news is that the famed Liberty Dollar site is not down. The bad news is that I butchered it as court ordered and it is a mere shadow of its former self. Please note "THE UGLY TRUTH NOTICE" that is currently posted on the site. Isn't political action fun!? Long live the Liberty Dollar supporters! And remember the only reason I had to butcher the site was because it was a new condition of my Appearance Bond. Thank God for your support and the Internet. Please search "Liberty Dollar" for all the info.
3. Free Competition in Currency Act by Ron Paul
As I commented when the good Congressman first introduced his "Free Competition in Currency Act" and mentioned the Liberty Dollar, we don't need the government making "real money" legal - it's already LEGAL! Plus there are several inaccurate statements in Congressman Paul's statement as private mints are already legal and supply the US mint with all their precious metal planchets (blanks) for minting. And as mentioned in the original Statement, the purpose of Section 486 was not "to shut down private mints that had been operating in California" as they had ceased to operate by 1864. For a definitive report on 486 please click HERE for the Rostcheck Paper.
Please click HERE for Paul's introductory statement.
Certainly one thing is very true, and that is the alluded statutes, 18 USC 486 and 489, are so broadly written that they are catch-all provisions that encourages prosecutorial abuse as is the current case against the Liberty Dollar. Please click HERE for the proposed Act H.R. 4683 that was initially introduced in the 110th Congress in 2007 and was just re-introduced this year.
4. John Williams on Hyperinflation
John Williams of Shadowstats.com fame in an interview on King World News discusses looming hyperinflation, staggering unemployment, the reality of the US economy, the Fed's inability to stimulate the economy, consumer's inability to spend, the coming collapse of the US Dollar, how listeners need to prepare themselves for this crisis, the Fed's debasement of the Dollar, an intensifying great depression, disappearance of cash as we know it and more.
Walter J. "John" Williams received an A.B. in Economics, cum laude, from Dartmouth College in 1971, a M.B.A. from Dartmouth's Amos Tuck School of Business Administration in 1972, and was named an Edward Tuck Scholar. He has a long career as a consulting economist with individuals and Fortune 500 companies. Please click HERE for John's latest update.
5. Warning of Crash-Induced Unrest
I apologize including three shocking, negative reports regarding the social, political and monetary effects on our country as it goes down the hyperinflation depressionary rat hole. So I have limited this Newsletter to only two. If you have any doubt what our future may bear or if you think the powers to be are in the dark… just read this long list of warning by almost every major authority… except for Obummer. In his mind, all is well. So you should wonder where his mind is? Maybe it was the same place as President Bush's for the seven minutes he sat and read to an elementary class after being informed of terrorist attack on 911. Please click HERE for Washington Blog with a list of "Officials and Experts Warn of Crash-Induced Unrest" posted on Wednesday, December 16, 2009.
6. More Damn BS Regarding Kevin
I guess it comes with age, as I am not the angry Monetary Architect of years ago. But when I learned the latest info regarding Kevin I got pissed! Not only does Kevin have no shoes or socks, but when his jumpsuit is being washed he sits naked in his 65 degree cell. Jails in the "civilized" world have not improved much since those wretched movies about the French Revolution. But what made me really angry was to learn that all our Affidavits that mentioned the Liberty Dollar were shitcanned by Kevin's immigration attorney as unacceptable! It seems only reasonable that we should have been better informed about such a deciding factor. But "reason" is not reasonable in the current US legal labyrinth. (Please note The Trial below in #9) So, once again we are back to square one with our efforts to get Kevin out of jail. If you were so kind to send an Affidavit for Kevin and mentioned "Liberty Dollar" in it, please re-submit another notarized Affidavit that does not mention the Liberty Dollar to the immigration attorney.
7. Push & Push Back - Action Abates Fear
When I was a boy, more than 50 years ago, I saw Forbidden Planet, the 1956 science fiction movie. I was enthralled with the movie and saw it a couple of times. Over the years I have come to appreciate it as a meaningful philosophical parable.
On the surface, Forbidden Planet was about an expedition sent to the planet Altair IV to investigate the disappearance of a colony sent 20 years earlier. But before the star ship can land, it is warned by Morbius of a strange unknown monster that killed the crew and destroyed their starship. Of course the new expedition lands and is met by Robby the Robot who takes the crew to meet Morbius who explains that that the native Krell, a very advanced civilization had all died in a single night 200,000 years before, just as they had achieved their greatest triumph.
Below the surface, is the disturbing concept that your fear is the worst monster. And that the more you fear, the more that monster grows and grows until it finally kills you as it killed the Krells on the Forbidden Planet.
Over the past fifty years, I have learned to fear not. And with a raging federal government, I again reflect on fear and the overpowering message from the Forbidden Planet. The more we fear the government the more it grows. I fear not and you should fear not. Action abates fear.
The more the government pushes and more the people push back. Obummer's ratings are down, the federal government is losing ground and quite frankly the people are fed up as witnessed by the rise of the Tea Party, etc. All of this in spite of mind control, television and thousands of talking heads dishing out pabulum on a daily basis.
It would be overly idealistic to think the government will improve anytime soon. It simply can't and won't until the people demand it. Much like the war on alcohol in the thirties or marijuana today, the people must lead, so the federal government can follow. This is especially true regarding the country's money. Don't fear the future - just embrace it positively with the private voluntary barter currency of your choice.
For additional info please Google "Liberty Dollar."
8. National Debt Update
On June 21, 2007 I made a presentation at the American Institute for Economic Research titled "Monetary Assertion." At that time, I noted that the current U.S. debt (including certain portions of it that the government calls intragovernmental holdings) was approx. $6.54 trillion in June of 2003 according to Bureau of the Public Debt and was expected to rise to well over $7 trillion in the next few years." Well I dare say the Bureau of the Public Debt was right. The National Debt is indeed "well over." Hell it is "well done!" Currently the US debt is over $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and clicking right along at over a million a minute! Please click HERE to check the current US Debt Clock.
9. The Trial by Franz Kafka
During the 60s The Trial by Franz Kafka was a popular read. As my own trial looms, I have been drawn to read it again. The current translation of The Trial by Breon Mitchell tidies up Kafka's unconventional grammar, punctuation and captures the loose, uneasy, and even uncomfortable constructions of Franz Kafka's original work while still conveying the comedy and confusion in which Josef K., "without having done anything truly wrong," is arrested, tried, convicted and executed - on a charge that is never disclosed to him.
The story of The Trial's publication is almost as fascinating as the novel itself. Kafka intended his parable of alienation in a mysterious bureaucracy to be burned, along with the rest of his diaries and manuscripts, after his death in 1924 (the year after the hyperinflation gave rise to Nazi Germany). Yet his friend Max Brod pressed forward to prepare The Trial and the rest of Kafka's papers for publication. But with the Nazis in power, publication of Jewish writers such as Kafka was forbidden. So it was not until after World War II that Kafka's writings, many of which have distinctively Jewish themes, found broad audience. You may also find Amerika by Franz Kafka worth reading.
Meanwhile, I hope you can join me in Statesville, North Carolina this spring for the Liberty Dollar Four Trial. It promises to be a landmark event that may define the monetary course for this country and your money for years to come.
10. Will Gold be the "Greatest Trade Ever"
In the December 28, 2009 issue of Money Morning is an article by Peter Krauth titled Will Gold be the "Greatest Trade Ever" and how John A. Paulson will grace the coveted top of the annual Forbes Billionaires List in spite of the fact that the gap between John Paulson, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet is huge. Please click HERE for the complete article. And be sure to scroll down to Going For the Gold to find how Krauth thinks Paulson is going to top the list of billionaires in 2015!! Then think of your future and what you want to do. Then think how you can get a much larger return for a lot less money. And then finally think of silver. Given market size, usage, reserves and countless other factors, silver will be the most rewarding thing on this planet, except love. Enjoy.
11. Harper's Liberty Dollar Article Is Out
I am very please to inform you that the blockbuster eight page article (short story) on the Liberty Dollar is on the newsstands! My compliments to Sam Shaw for his excellent article and to the editors of Harper's for airing this definitive piece just as we go on trial for the high crime of counterfeiting US currency! If it were not so serious, it would be laughable. But nobody is laughing at this government. Please click PART 1 / PART 2 for the Harper's article.
Closing Remarks:
A belated Merry Christmas to everyone. Wishing you the best in 2010 - a banner year for the Liberty Dollar Four as we stand trial for trying to save the American monetary system and providing as many people as possible with the means to protect their purchasing power.
Many thanks for your continued support. For it is only by banding together and adopting a free and independent currency that provides us with "just weights and measures" that we will be able to throw off the yoke of a manipulated monetary/tax system and generate a peaceful and prosperous society.
Thanks again for your efforts to return America to value - one Liberty Dollar at a time!
Bernard von NotHaus
Editor@LibertyDollar.org
The Dog
First Mate
First Mate

Post by The Dog »

notorial dissent wrote:Aside from acting for their governments in the issuing of currency, they also provide the more critical function of central clearing so that funds can be moved quickly and easily around the country/economy, something that didn’t happen in the US until the FED was created.
A minor correction, the Bank of England does not perform clearing functions, this is now performed by the appropriately named Cheque & Credit Clearing Company, previously by the London Bankers' Clearing House.

http://www.chequeandcredit.co.uk/files/ ... ersion.pdf

As the Bank of England issues cheques, it does participate in the clearing process.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LIBERTY DOLLAR NEWS:
January 2010 Vol. 12 No. 01
New 'Dollars' Emerge: I apologize for such a long Newsletter. I just wanted to share Joshua's amazing story and explain how the Liberty Dollar came to be slabbed. Please bounce through these links to find your favorite topicJ.
Table of Contents:
1. Debut of Cabool's Community Dollar
2. Liberty Dollar Graded by PCGS Currency!
3. Second Wave of Real Estate Collapse
4. Contact with the Secret Service?
5. Judge Rules Gold must be Returned
6. US Mint Set Record for Silver Eagles
7. Update on Kevin
8. The Liberty Dollar Book
9. Legal Update
1. Debut of Cabool's Community Dollar
Local merchants reject the house of cards built on the US dollar
Deep in the Missouri Ozarks, a new community currency has appeared to meet the needs of the people. Joshua Deatherage, a local contractor who wears a half-dozen hats to feed his family of four children in Cabool, Missouri, is responsible for creating the new silver based Community Dollar. And it's neither a Jed and Boys nor a Liberty Dollar venture.

As Deatherage explains, "I started thinking about a local silver currency the day after the Liberty Dollar was raided by the FBI." He was concerned that the first value based currency might not survive so his new Community Dollar is only intended to circulate in central Missouri.
After three-and-a-half years, the young monetary entrepreneur who wanted to encourage local trade and commerce in his community, reports that over 60 merchants around Cabool and Mountain Grove are now using his Silver Community Dollar.
Recently, when Deatherage stopped by the local tire shop for repairs, the owner told him that he had received $100 in Community Dollars towards a set of tires from the local bar owner. That man told him he usually went out of town to Wal-Mart, but decided to spend his local currency closer to home. The tire shop owner then used the $100 at a Cabool clothing store that he sheepishly confessed he had never visited before. This is how a local community currency grows in small town America - one transaction at a time.
So who uses the $80,000 in Community Dollars that now circulate around the central Ozark area? "Just regular folks." Deatherage says, "People use the money for a wide variety of goods and services. Around here, you can get clothing and food. And the bar and restaurants accept it, too. You can get almost anything you want or need with the silver Community Dollars."
Deatherage's new Community Dollar is available in four convenient denominations in pure .999 fine silver and a $2 copper denomination. The silver issue consists of a $50 piece that weights one Troy ounce, the $20 weighs two-fifths of an ounce, the $10 weighs one-fifth of an ounce and the $5 weighs one-tenth of an ounce. They all feature an oak tree with "Faith - Family - Freedom" on the obverse.
So who's making all the money - on the new money? It's not Deatherage, who is still scrambling with all his businesses, still gets up at 4 AM every morning and often works well into the night as an on-call plumber.
Deatherage explains that he is dedicated to the currency because it's good for the community. And like the local bank, he too wants to make some money. But it hasn't happened yet. In the beginning, he had to cover all the startup costs for the artwork, dies and, of course, the silver to get the venture off the ground. And now, the merchants make most of the money, since they get the Community Dollars at a discount off the face value and profit when they use it. Like a watchful father, Deatherage is still happy to see his currency grow, as it meets an expanding need - while the US dollar constantly loses its purchasing power.
So in addition to the government's questionable raid on the Liberty Dollar spurring interest, the depreciating US dollar is driving more people to seek protection with a value based monetary system that's in their own self-interest. Deatherage scratches his head as he wonders how the country's monetary structure could be so screwed up.
With silver on the rise - and a flyer called the "Community Dollar Newspaper" that features articles, a free listing of all the merchants who use the local currency, plus advertising - driving more merchants to Deatherage, he doesn't have much time to wonder. He's beset with more requests for more silver money. Even Quire's, an old fashioned, fifth generation general store over 70 miles from Cabool, is one of Deatherage's most devoted merchants. Many people drive 50 miles just to shop there and take home some community currency that they use in their own communities.
Deatherage always emphasizes the advantages of a local value based currency. But folks have a wide variety of reasons for using his new silver currency, beyond the facts that it's attractive and the silver retains its purchasing power. But it's the merchants that drive the local use of the currency as they get it at a discount and encourage other local businesses to protect their customer base. All this activity draws more customers, as their business becomes better known in the community. For Deatherage the benefits are simple, "The more people that use the local community currency - the better off the local economy is." And adds, "The better the money, the better off the community will be."
As Deatherage explains, "With only 20 or 30 merchants in a community, the merchants are the economy. Especially since most businesses are family owned and operated. So when a merchant goes out of business, the community declines. People then have to work and spend their money outside the community. This problem is often compounded by a loss of taxes and funding from state and federal programs for the once thriving community.
Still, the people in the Ozarks have their own down-home reasons for using the silver community currency. They are not concerned about the bailouts or the national debt. Their problems are much more personal as they strive to maintain in a down economy. They simply see the intrinsic value of silver as an appreciating currency. They cling to it as long as possible, until they have to spend it.
There is no doubt that everybody is concerned about the economy and especially the folks in and around Cabool. Even the police seem to understand the problems in the local economy and have not voiced any concerns about the merchants who have banded together and use their own silver money - that circulates outside the bank that is all but closed.
Deatherage is quick to acknowledge that there is no quick fix and that the Community Dollar is not a quick fix for the local community. But he says, "The Community Dollar is helping everybody in the community even if they don't use the new money. Whatever helps the merchants, helps the community, as most businesses are family enterprises."
Quick fix or not, Joshua Deatherage and his Community Dollar exemplify the can-do American spirit at work in the central Missouri Ozarks. Certainly, gold and silver based currencies have a long history of providing a safe harbor in times of trouble. And with silver up nearly 50% in the last year, it seems that Deatherage is not the only one who is aware of the rewards for venturing beyond the house of cards built on the US dollar.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Cabool Community Dollar is not intended to be used as United States currency and any representation as such is strictly prohibited by law.
For additional information on the Cabool Community Dollar please contact Joshua Deatherage: 417.948.1222 or joshuadeatherage@yahoo.com
Please circulate this article and post it at will.
2. Liberty Dollar Graded by PCGS Currency!
I must admit that when I heard about this, I didn't believe it! But there it was, right on eBay, a $50 Liberty Dollar Silver Certificate that had been "slabbed" by PCGS Currency, one of the foremost third party grading services in the numismatic industry! I was pleasantly shocked and bemused by this amazing development. Then I realized that the $50 Certificate was never issued as such by the LD org! Some quick investigative work proved that somebody had cut out the $50 Certificate from an uncut sheet and had it "slabbed" by none other than the PCGS Currency grading service. I vowed to contact PCGS ASAP to thank them for grading the Certificate, especially since it was given one of the highest grades possible. Plus, I wanted to alert them that they had graded a "TYPE II" as they may not even be aware of the originally issued, TYPE I.
Unfortunately, my crazy schedule did not support any immediate action. Very quickly, it was time to rendezvous with friends and associates at the huge FUN (Florida United Numismatics) Coin Show in Orlando, Florida that luckily is within my "permitted" travel area. So I dashed off to the FUN show without any further thought of the certified $50 Silver Certificate.
As I entered the huge bourse area of 1000 plus dealers hot with an exploding metal market, the very first person I met was Beth Deisher, the noted editor of Coin World. I could tell right then and there, this was going to be a good show! Suddenly, as I worked my way around the floor, I was shocked to see a dealer's table full of certified $50 Liberty Dollar paper certificates!!! There they were! Sitting right here. A dozen or more $50 Certificates, just like I had seen and was recent a winner of one on eBay! I looked up at the smiling dealer who was most happy to tell me that he had them slabbed!
Quickly, I mentioned to him that he must have cut them out of an uncut sheet, signaling to alert him that I might know something about the currency. Sure enough, he confirmed that was exactly what he had done. And yes, he was auctioning them on eBay too! And just about the time I was about to introduce myself, he looked at me and said, "Hey, your-the-man!" And with a wide smile, I admitted, as I look forward to doing in court shortly, that I am indeed the Monetary Architect of the Liberty Dollar.
After a brief introduction with paper money dealer, Larry Emard, he asked me if I would like to meet the person who has the largest collection "in the world" of slabbed Liberty Dollar certificates? How could I refuse such an introduction? As we dash across the bourse floor, I am amazed at the quick turn of events. All this was quickly enhanced when I meet Jeff Smith of http://www.TreasuredStocks.com. Jeff fit the image of well-to-do, elderly numismatist with a vast array of high end, first class slabbed US currency. Jeff proved to be extremely interested in the Liberty Dollar story and peppered me with lots of questions for his upcoming article on the Liberty Dollar paper currency.
Then, Jeff asks me if I would like to meet the PCGS Currency grading service that he knew quite well as one of their prominent clients. Again, how could I refuse, especially since their booth was only a few feet away?
Unfortunately, Jason Bradford the president and owner of PCGS Currency was not available so I left my card and arranged for a future meeting. The follow morning, I had a very productive meeting with Jason who also wanted all the details of the currency that he grades. Then I had the good fortune to meet Laura Kessler, vice president of PCGS Currency, who was totally on top of the Liberty Dollar currency model. Laura proved to be a big fan of Liberty Dollar and the person who does much of the grading. .
So in the midst of just a few hours, I met all the major players involved with the amazing development of professionally graded and encapsulated (slabbed) Liberty Dollar paper currency. Obviously, more "certified" proof that the Liberty Dollar Four are out to counterfeit US currency! Just ask the experts!
Now if you have just a minute, please visit Jeff's site at http://www.TreasuredStocks.com where you will see the $500 Gold Certificate that I had given as a personal gift for $2479.00 plus $17.95 shipping. Available HERE, if it has not been sold. Hope you got one of these goodies, or a $1000 Gold Certificate.
3. Second Wave of Real Estate Collapse
OK, so the first wave of the down turn in the real estate market was bad. But no problem as the government et al has given away something like $1.3 TRILLION, nobody really knows the exact figure because nobody can really count that high, of phony baloney fiat bullshit dollars as they stole that same amount from the American people. No problem, everybody is happy! Right? Wrong! Record number of people are out of work. Countless are overworked as they make up for their former co-workers. Millions of retired people are without an income or their invested money has disappeared! And they will continue to suffer, probably for the rest of their lives! All this so the F!@#$#@! banksters can live well on the money the government stole via inflation, etc. OH! I forgot, we don't have any inflation. How utterly stupid of me, not to remember! Gas is still a quarter, like it was when I first started driving.
How utterly stupid of the f!@#$#@! government not get it. You would think with all "their" money and all the think tanks, somebody other than Peter Schiff would get it. With such glaring evidence, that even this Kansas Kid gets it, one would think that somebody in those ivory towers would get it. And since they don't, it makes one wonder… do they NOT want to get it. The obvious answer is YES!!! They don't want to get it because they don't want to admit that their fiat money scheme is nothing more that a MASSIVE PONZI RIPOFF of every American.
Don't let this happen to you. And don't be deceived that the First Wave is over and you can go back asleep. IT IS NOT OVER!!! In fact, it is just beginning. Please do three things: 1) Watch this quick video. 2) Continue to buy silver. 3) Tell everybody you love to buy silver until the government's monetary policy comes to its senses and cents.
Please click HERE for the Second Wave of Real Estate Collapse. Good Luck!
And click HERE to watch Peter Schiff who has been lambasted by the Wall Street, media and government BS artists because time and again his projections have been right on target just like the Gun Dollar.
4. Contact with the Secret Service?
Have you even been contacted by the Secret Service regarding the Liberty Dollar? Maybe you were a RCO or a Liberty Associate and you contacted the Secret Service regarding the legality of the Liberty Dollar or that you asked them for an opinion? Regardless of what the occasion may have been, if you have had any contact with the Secret Service regarding the Liberty Dollar, PLEASE email the particulars to me ASAP. Please send the time, date, location, subject of contact and most importantly the name of the contact, to the best of your abilities. Any other info would also be greatly appreciated and could be very significant to the Liberty Dollar case. Please take a moment and reply to this URGENT call for help. Please send info to: Editor@LibertyDollar.org. Thank you.
5. Judge Rules Gold must be Returned
On January 5, 2010, Texas federal district Judge David C. Godbey ruled that $21.2 million in gold coins and bullion must be returned to more than 200 of R. Allen Stanford customers. Currently Stanford is jailed and accused by the Securities and Exchange Commission of promising inflated returns to about 28,000 investors holding certificates of deposit on his Antiguan bank as part of a $7 billion ponzi scheme. Please click HERE for that article.
Yes, at first this article appears good news for the Liberty Dollar Four and the thousands of Liberty Dollar supporters whose property was seized in the FBI raid. Especially since the Judge rules that gold must be returned to its owners before the criminal trial even gets underway. But this action does not apply in the Liberty Dollar case because the DOJ has charged the Liberty Dollar Four with counterfeiting, so the DOJ has the law on its side and does not have to return anything until after the trial. Now, don't you feel better knowing you are protected from such obvious counterfeiters like the Liberty Dollar Four?! This is such obvious bullshit that rightfully angers everybody who has taken a look at the Liberty Dollar. Except the know-it-all government that told us in the 60's, "Don't you understand? We had to destroy the village so it could be free." Remember, regardless if the LD4 are convicted or acquitted, all property held by Liberty Dollar supporters will be returned, eventually. I apologize again that you have been deprived of your property. Please come to the trial and let the court know how you feel!
6. US Mint Set Record for Silver Eagles
Please note, the one ounce US Silver Eagle market is exploding!
Sales of 2007 Silver Eagles: 9,887,000 ounces
Sales of 2008 Silver Eagles: 19,583,500 ounces
Sales of 2009 Silver Eagles: 28,766,500 ounces
Sales of 2010 Silver Eagles: Could be incredible!
And remember people love to buy silver when it is expensive. So the higher the price of silver - the more people buy more silver. Only one of many reasons why I have been soo bullish on silver for 35 years. Now is the time for silver! Hope you have some.
7. Update on Kevin
Thank you for your affidavit for Kevin to get out of jail!
My latest info on Kevin Innes is that he is still in the Lenoir jail. Still sitting in a 65 degree cell without shoes or socks. You just gotta love this guy who embodies the spirit of optimism regardless of the situation, even now. Thank God, Kevin has a very strong inner self and can focus within, meditate and practice yoga.
We are currently awaiting word from Kevin's immigration attorney regarding her efforts for ICE to release Kevin from immigration hold so he can apply for an appearance bond and get out of jail and join the Liberty Dollar Four defendants.
Our heart and prayers go out to Kevin as we work to get him out ASAP. Kevin still needs reading material to fill the time, but can only receive books directly from a bookseller, so a file or something "dangerous" can't be slipped in the package! Kevin has asked for spiritual or inspirational books and especially a (used) copy of Atlas Shrugged from Amazon.com! Don't know what to send? Just order your favorite book online and have it send directly to:
William Kevin Innes
2351 Morganton Blvd. SW
Lenoir, NC. 28645
Kevin can also receive Postal Money Orders directly in his mail. Please send a short letter to Kevin and let him know you support him with $10 or $20, as he has to pay for toilet paper and other basic niceties of life in jail!!!
8. The Liberty Dollar Book
This brief article directing people to post a review on the book has been deleted by my CJA attorney. Sorry.
9. Legal Update
I wish I had an update. To the best of my knowledge, there has been no action while we wait for the DOJ to cough up the streamed down version of the 1.8 million docs of Discovery material. As you may recall, the Liberty Dollar was warned in 2006, raided in 2007 and the Liberty Dollar Four were finally arrested on June 4, 2009. We are now NINE MONTHS into this "federal case" as a result of a rogue FBI agent with no end in sight. Currently, the trial is now scheduled to start on March 1st, but without the Discovery and no defense plan in place, there is no way it can start on March 1st. So please stay tuned, I will let you know ASAP when something happens. Until then, steady as she goes. Support your favorite currency, keep buying silver and be happy.
Closing Remarks:
As the war of nerves wears on, I feel very good about the legal developments. I feel confident that our defense team will prevail and the Liberty Dollar Four will be acquitted! I know that the odds are against us as the government wins over 98% of all federal cases. But that is because 90-95% of all defendants cop a plea. But this time the government MUST prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Liberty Dollar Four are guilty and had criminal intent among many other points of law. This is just not going to happen and the government is going to lose this one!
Many thanks for your continued support. For it is only by banding together and adopting a free and independent currency that provides us with "just weights and measures" that will we be able to throw off the yoke of a manipulated monetary/tax system and generate a peaceful and prosperous society.
Thank you again for all your efforts to return America to value - one dollar at a time!
Bernard von NotHaus
Editor@LibertyDollar.org
Demo.
GoldandSilverEagles

Post by GoldandSilverEagles »

notorial dissent wrote:Brandybuck,
Question, if you repeal the legal tender laws, just what are you going to use for currency?
Washington has the ability to amend the current legal tender laws and replace them with law that effectively replaces a currency that devalues (frn's) with a currency that is substance based, i.e. one that would not devalue.

However, DC will never do this. Not with our the encumbants any way(spelling?). It does not profit their agenda. It would help squelch a hidden form of taxation: Inflation.
GoldandSilverEagles

Post by GoldandSilverEagles »

I have long believed in the concept of their idea, having a "money/currency" that is backed by substance. However, I believe their concept is unconstitutional in application, per art 1, sec 8, cl 5 and the 10th amendment.

What I would like to see is someone do something similar with US gold and silver coins.

Some complain that we are no longer on a gold and silver standard. I disagree. The US Mints produce gold and silver legal tender to this day. It's the fault of those who simply do not take advantage of it.

Unfortunately most of society are sheeple... followers, and not leaders.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

LIBERTY DOLLAR NEWS:
February 2010 Vol. 12 No. 02
Table of Contents:
1. Aspen Silver Dollar Shines Forth
2. South Carolina Questions the Currency
3. Ron Paul - Is at it Again
4. Tea Party Lights Fuse for Rebellion on Right
5. "Basically, It's Over"
6. "How it Happens"
7. Liberty Dollar Martyr
8. Update on the Liberty Dollar Case
9. Eustice Mullins
1. Aspen Silver Dollar Shines Forth
Just what you need to weather the monetary storm

ASPEN SILVER DOLLAR
From beautiful Aspen Colorado with its golden Aspen trees, a new currency shines forth.
Peter Affolter, explains the Aspen Silver Dollar, actually started in 2008 when Dr. Bill Wesson, long time local dentist, wanted to introduce Aspen to the unique values of silver.
"Well, Bill introduced me to silver and when he got so busy, I decided to take action and launch the Aspen Silver Dollar as a local currency." Affolter said.
There is no doubt that Affolter, a well know local chef, is dedicated to silver. As he points out, "In the restaurant business, a cup is a cup. I think a dollar should be a dollar and that dollar should hold its value and even increase in value as people prosper. Simply put, silver has a better shelf life than food."
Affolter is convinced that the Aspen Silver Dollar is good for his beloved mountain community, the Roaring Fork Valley area and good for America. He is quick to point out that, "Silver is better than voting. Sound money is a more effective and positive approach to big government. It can even be profitable!"
So what finally pushed Affolter to take the big plunge into the silver business? It started when he wanted to buy some silver in Aspen but there were no coin dealers and only one antique store had a few old US silver dollars. With no silver available, Affolter decided to follow the old marketing adage, "find a need and fill it," and voila, the Aspen Silver Dollar was born.
Very quickly, Dr. Wesson and a dozen other Aspenites started using the Aspen Silver Dollar. The dentist, local bar, food store, car repairman have become the first local merchants to accept the new silver dollar for their goods and services.
Dr. Bill Wesson said, "I am very grateful that Peter took action to bring silver to Aspen. I think it is the best thing for Aspen and strongly encourage everyone to get and use the Aspen Silver Dollar for their own good and for the good of Aspen."
To hear Affolter tell his story, he harkens back to the good old days when Aspen was the richest silver mining area in the world. He reminisces about how the Populist Party adopted silver as "legal tender" after the panic of 1893 - that almost killed Aspen. But Aspen never died, although it was down to only 705 residents in 1930.
Today, Aspen is the storied land of the rich and famous. But still Affolter is concerned about his beloved town and its local citizens. He is concerned about the US dollar and what the future will bear. And who knows, with silver up nearly 25% in 2009, the $50 Aspen Silver Dollar might just catch on if the current US dollar drops any more and Aspenites start shopping for something with more value.
So what is the Aspen Silver Dollar? Aspen Silver features an image of Liberty on the obverse and an Aspen leaf on the reverse. The new silver dollar contains one ounce of pure .999 fine silver and has a $50 MSRP so it in sync with the silver market and can be used voluntarily by merchants who accept it. So does the new dollar cost $50? Not if you know Affolter or live in the Roaring Fork Valley area. Locals are encouraged to get the currency at a steep volume discounts and then use it for whatever value is agreed upon with the merchant. The value changes with the silver market that is on an uptrend.
In addition to the 2010 Aspen Silver Dollar in Brilliant Uncirculated condition priced in sync with the silver market, two special collector issues have been created. The First Day of Issue features a special hand stamped Aspen leaf hallmark and a Limited Numbered Issue of only 100 individually hand stamped with a serial number.
The new Silver Aspen Dollar is, very "Aspen." It is beautiful and more valuable than the debt plagued US dollar and would have been the darling of the Aspen of old. And who knows, for anyone who is savvy or lucky enough to catch Peter Affolter, the Aspen Silver Dollar might be just what you need to weather the current monetary storm.
For additional information
Peter Affolter: 970.923.2658
paffolter81615@yahoo.com
DISCLAIMER: The Aspen Silver Dollar is not a currency, as it does not have a face value ($50 is the MSRP only) and is not intended to compete with the depreciating US dollar. The sole purpose of this commemorative "dollar" is for local enjoyment only as guaranteed by the First Amendment to the US Constitution. Let it be known that this is not a Liberty Dollar and that I have not involved in the minting, production or circulation of this historic commemorative "dollar." I was commissioned as an artist only.
And if you have a "hot idea" and want to take action with your own commemorative "dollar" contact Alan McConnell at Silver Liberty Marketing alan@mail.org.
Please note that the Aspen Silver Dollar is not intended to be used as United States currency and any representation as such is strictly prohibited by law.
2. South Carolina Questions the Currency
You gotta love the State Sovereignty movement that is alive and growing! Just recently, a South Carolina lawmaker seeking to ban federal currency and has introduced a Bill to make Gold and Silver Coins as Legal Tender. Nice ideas that have been bantered about in a half a dozen states. The bottom line is that the US Mint Gold and Silver Eagles and Gold Buffalos ARE legal tender and have been since 1986 and 2008 respectively. The problem is with the Face Value that is so out of kilter with the free market of gold and silver so these legal tender coins cannot be used. Plus there is no mechanism for the currency to respond to the market rate of the metals ala bond and interest rates systems. Of course the Liberty Dollar resolved that pesky problem by making its face value, later replaced with MSRP, to be market sensitive. Simply put, the US Mint products were designed NOT to be used from the very beginning. Why else is its face value so out of kilter with the metal market? So why is the Liberty Dollar in hot water with the feds? Simply because somebody in the US gov got tired of the young upstart private voluntary barter currency outperforming the debt plagued fiat US dollar.
Please click these links for more monetary fun in South Carolina:
South Carolina Lawmaker Seeks to Ban Federal Currency
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/17 ... 7403.shtml
South Carolina Bill - Gold and Siler Coin as Legal Tender
http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess118_200 ... s/4501.htm
3. Ron Paul - Is at it Again
I am please to report that our favorite politician, Congressman Ron Paul had introduced legislation to legalize competing currencies by removing "superfluous sections of criminal law which may be subject to prosecutorial abuse" without soiling the good name of the Liberty Dollar on the floor of the House.
I am particularly pleased that it appears Paul's latest bill has stepped away from trying to legalize the Liberty Dollar. As you may know, I opposed Paul's introduction of H.R. 4683, "to remove the stigma of Title 18, Section 486" that conversely questioned the legality of the Liberty Dollar when in fact many government authorities had already said it was legal.
Please note that I support Ron Paul's sound money efforts as much and probably more than most people. But more that supporting Paul, I support the ideals he publicly stands for. Ideals that not only include real money, limited government, individual liberty but also include the simple truth.
Unfortunately, Paul's statement this year says, "no one should be compelled by law to operate in Federal Reserve note," and that "it is illegal to conduct business using gold and silver instead of Federal Reserve notes." This is simply not the case. Barter is legal!
So let's all get this straight. There are no compulsory or mandatory laws or regulations that force Americans to use or accept the God awful non-Federal non-Reserve IOU Notes. Andrew Williams, spokesman for the Federal Reserve Board in Washington DC said it best in The Des Moines Register on March 18th, 2004: "There is no law that says goods and services must be paid for with Federal Reserve notes. Parties entering into a transaction can establish any medium of exchange that is agreed upon."
And speaking of truth, of course you know that Liberty Dollar issued the Ron Paul Dollar in support of his campaign for the Presidency. But one truth you may not know is that Nic Leobold had the original idea for a Ron Paul commemorative. I liked Nic's idea and we created the Ron Paul Dollar. It was an immediate success and the topic of many articles when the FBI confiscated over two tons of gold, silver, copper and platinum Ron Paul Dollars. This truth is acknowledged by Nic's initials on the obverse.
Dear Liberty Dollar supporters, as Dictator Roosevelt said, "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." If you want real money, simply demand it.
So if you have a "hot idea" and want to take action with your own "dollar" contact Alan McConnell at alan@mail.org. And if you are not soo hot, I would encourage you to read Ron Paul's first book "The Case For Gold" that he co-authored with Lewis Lehrman in 1982. Just think, Ron wrote this book 28 YEARS ago and it is still one of the best books available and one of many that inspired me and I relied on while designing and developing the Liberty Dollar. Thanks Ron!
4. Tea Party Lights Fuse for Rebellion on Right
Well, it is not often I can recommend an article in the New York Times regarding politics or the economy. But if you have not read this extensive and largely positive article on the Tea Party movement, I encourage you to click HERE. Then ask yourself, how long will America's newfound self-righteousness political stance last before self-interest and greed devours it? If you don't want this to happen, GET INVOLVED NOW.
5. "Basically, It's Over"
Charles Munger, long-time business partner of Warren Buffet and vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway has penned a parable about how one nation (America) came to financial ruin in 2011, titled: "Basically, It's Over." Please click HERE and take appropriate action.
6. "How it Happens"
Ever wonder how hyperinflation happens on a day-by-day basis. How it impacts people's lives and how they cope with it? Well, in chapter three of my first book, Your Survival Currency, I quoted Pearl S. Buck, who lived most of her life in rural China with her missionary parents in the 1920s and 30s. She wrote terrific books that inspired may young women and became the first American woman to win a Noble Prize for literature. In an often forgotten book, How It Happens (New York, John Day, 1947) Ms. Buck interviews Erna von Pustau, a German housewife who describes her real life experiences in Germany during hyperinflation.
Buck quotes Erna von Pustau: "By the end of the year my allowance and all the money I earned was not worth one cup of coffee. You could go to the baker in the morning and buy two rolls for 20 marks; but go there in the afternoon, and the same two rolls were 25 marks. The baker didn't know how it happened. His customers didn't know how it happened. It had somehow to do with the dollar, somehow to do with the stock exchange--and somehow, maybe, to do with the Jews."
My book continues with: "Eventually, a loaf of bread cost billions of marks. Suicide was common. Women who a few years before would have thought such a thing unthinkable became prostitutes. Frau von Pustau says that Germans crazy with hunger butchered chunks of meat from the flanks of wagon horses standing in the traces. They either sold the meat or ate it on the spot."
Well with such shocking insights supplied to me by literary researcher, Alan Stang and accredited to such a literary figure as Ms. Buck, I always wanted to read her book. For years I tried to find a copy. And finally, after searching for ten years, I happen to find How It Happens on Amazon! And even though it was well $100, I was thrilled to finally score such an unusual book.
Then I was equally shocked to discover that Ms. Buck did not mention the cost of bread, prostitution or that "Germans crazy with hunger butchered chunks of meat from the flanks of wagon horses standing in the traces." I also learned the remark regarding Jews in 1923 was the first instance of propaganda by the National Socialist Party, aka Nazi.
Another insight into every day life during hyperinflation in pre WWII Germany was reported in TV Guide (August 10, 1974). The story is of the great pianist Arthur Schnabel, who gave a Beethoven recital in Berlin in 1923. He was paid with a suitcase stuffed with thousand-mark notes. Schnabel recalled, "I had to ask a man to help me carry my fee home. On my way home, I passed a delicatessen and to relieve my helper, I spent half my fee on a couple of sausages. The next day I saw in the paper that I could not even get one sausage for the other half of my fee."
Get ready, we are all headed down hill.
7. Liberty Dollar Martyr
Thank you for sending books to Kevin. I understand that he got so many books, he's the unofficial jail "librarian." As for me, I think Kevin is the "martyr" because if anybody has suffered due to their support of the Liberty Dollar, it is Kevin Innes. Just think about it. Kevin was arrested the first of June. He has been sitting in jail for NINE MONTHS and the case is not even close to trial. In fact the court date was just "continued" i.e. "postponed" again to May 3. Meanwhile, the defendants have yet to get any meaningful discovery from the DOJ! My heart also goes out to everyone who has suffered from having their property seized and denied its use but mostly it goes to Kevin
The best news about Kevin, is that he is in good spirits and extremely grateful for the books he has received. So if you have not sent a book to Kevin… now is a great time. Or give him a magazine subscription or just drop him a note that is even easier. Just remember that any news when sitting around in jail is SUPER!!! And remember, if you want to send a book or magazine to Kevin, it MUST come directly from a bookdealer… so it is free of any saw blades, etc!
Have your bookseller sent books to:
William Kevin Innes
2351 Morganton Blvd. SW
Lenoir. NC 28845
PLUS: I am pleased to inform you that Kevin's wife, Julia Gaunt, has opened a bank account in his behalf for those who have offered money to help pay for Kevin's immigration expenses and actually help get KEVIN OUT… Please send checks or money orders make out to Julia Gaunt with a note that the money is for Kevin's immigration.
Mail funds to:
Julia Gaunt for Kevin
16 Norman Austin Dr.
Asheville. NC 28804
Thanks again for supporting Kevin. I know he greatly appreciates it.
8. Update on the Liberty Dollar Case
The March 1 court date has been "continued" until May 3. Please don't make any travel plans to join the Liberty Dollar Four in Statesville, NC for the big trial…yet. We are only 8 MONTHS into this quagmire and we have yet to receive any meaningful discovery to develop our defense. Such is the bizarre federal legal system. Stay tune for more info.
9. Eustice Mullins
I regret to inform you that Eustace Mullins died on February 2, 2010 at the home of his caretaker in a small town in Texas.
Mullins, who would have been 87 in March, suffered a stroke three weeks ago in Columbus, Ohio while on an extended tour for the past year, visiting with his fans who welcomed the opportunity to buy his books from him in person.
I remember Eustace mostly for his incendiary book on the Federal Reserve, "Secrets of the Federal Reserve" that captured my attention and helped inspire the Liberty Dollar. But the highlight was our personal meeting in 1999, right after I launched NORFED. Eustace was enthused by the potential of the Liberty Dollar and remained a big supporter.
Like so many great researchers and writers regarding the fraudulent Federal Reserve System before him, Eustace will be missed.
Closing Remarks:
Many thanks for your continued support. For it is only by banding together and adopting a free and independent currency that provides us with "just weights and measures" will we be able to throw off the yoke of a manipulated monetary/tax system and generate a peaceful and prosperous society.
Thank you again for all your efforts to return America to value - one dollar at a time!
Bernard von NotHaus
Editor@LibertyDollar.org
Demo.