How to keep a LostHead busy for hours

Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

How to keep a LostHead busy for hours

Post by Quixote »

The CTC Worriers have discovered an online copy of IRS Document 6209 - ADP and IDRS Information and are attempting to devine its mysteries. So far, they have discovered that the acronym TEFRA is related to partnerships.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Quixote

Re: How to keep a LostHead busy for hours

Post by Quixote »

Curiously, all the abbreviations staring with Q have been removed from the 10 page list of abbreviations.
Abbr. Definition
PPBS Planning, Programming and Budgeting System
PRA Pre–refund Audit
PRO Problem Resolution Officer
PRP(D) Program Requirement Package (Data Services)
PRP(S) Problem Resolution Program
PSP Program and Special Project
PSSN Primary Social Security Number
PTIN Preparer Tax Identification Number
PTP Publicly Traded Partnership
PTPF Payee TIN Perfection File
PY Processing Year
PYNC Prior Year Notice Code
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
RA Revenue Agent
RACS Revenue Accounting Control System
RAF Reporting Agent’s File
RC Reason Code
RCC Return Condition Code
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Quixote wrote:So far, they have discovered that the acronym TEFRA is related to partnerships.
Ah yes, TEFRA. Those were the good days, when you could count on major upheavals in the tax system every 2-4 years. TRA of 1976, TRSA of 1977, RA of 1978, Crude Oil Windfall Profit Tax Act of 1981 (which retroactively repealed the generation-skipping tax enacted in 1976), ERTA in 1981, TEFRA in 1982, DRA of 1984 (which was longer than the IRC of 1954 which it amended), and then "real" reform in 1986. A full decade of ping-pong tax legislation.

The Commissioner had to plead with Congress to STFU for awhile.

A friend of mine blames the 1976 through 1986 flurry of tax legislation on Fannie Fox, the "Tidal Basin Bombshell." (If you have to ask, you're too young to know.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

LPC wrote:........A friend of mine blames the 1976 through 1986 flurry of tax legislation on Fannie Fox, the "Tidal Basin Bombshell." (If you have to ask, you're too young to know.)
Ah yes, Fannie Fox, also known as the "Argentine Firecracker."

Those were the days.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Hey, thanks to ERTA I got to go to a two-day ALI-ABA seminar at the old Hacienda Hotel in Las Vegas, where the cards were kind.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

A friend of mine blames the 1976 through 1986 flurry of tax legislation on Fannie Fox, the "Tidal Basin Bombshell."
Was she keeping Wilbur up too late to think straight, or was he trying to impress her with his power. "Watch this, baby. This one's written in Chinese, but I'll still get it through Ways and Means."
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Quixote wrote:"Watch this, baby. This one's written in Chinese, but I'll still get it through Ways and Means."
That's pretty funny, until you realize that he probably could have done it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Here's a rare occurrence. A tax protester -- in this case one of Hendrickson's Heroes -- pretty much admits to being a tax "protester." User "zeropoint" writes:
Short background:

For many years I did not file. A few months ago, realizing this is not a very bright way to protest, I filed all returns the irs wanted from me. ......
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2158
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

Famspear wrote:Here's a rare occurrence. A tax protester -- in this case one of Hendrickson's Heroes -- pretty much admits to being a tax "protester."
Yup. A lot of the people in the TP movement aren't that serious about the nutty claims, they're just protesting taxes. Its' sort of a naive civil disobedience to them. Confirmation bias clouds over their bullsh*t detector, but doesn't completely destroy it. So when they get hit with a letter from the IRS, a lot of them will snap out of it.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

CaptainKickback wrote:How tro keep a LostHead busy for hours. Put them in a round room and tell them to go stand in the corner. :twisted:
Tell them to put M&M's in alphabetical order...
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Imalawman wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:How tro keep a LostHead busy for hours. Put them in a round room and tell them to go stand in the corner. :twisted:
Tell them to put M&M's in alphabetical order...
No problem, but where do the 3's go?