WtP Whining

Nikki

WtP Whining

Post by Nikki »

We The People is no longer asking for contributions. They are now begging.
WTP’s treasury is dangerously low, given our out-going expenditures at this time to cover the costs of all the meetings and activities to date, the recent event at the National Press Club, the Jekyll Island Project, Bob’s CC2009 tour across America, the increasing costs for office, administrative and independent contractors and all the plans which are underway in preparation for Continental Congress 2009.

We still need to raise the funds to live streaming coverage of CC 2009 and to cover the delegate, faculty and staff expenses for lodging and meals, in addition to publicity and myriad other expenses to support the event.

While we are pursuing a few fundraising projects and have had a very good response to the ongoing $100 and $50 fundraisers involving the Continental Congress 2009 commemorative silver rounds (both the 1 oz. and the ½ oz.) we still have a long way to go!

We have been “asking” for assistance re ideas for fundraising at the grass roots – that is, millions of people sending small amounts of money each – as well as a professional grass roots fundraiser to champion our cause.

Meet Linda Lewis.

Linda has been introduced to us by WTP’s Colorado State Coordinator, David Justice. She is an accomplished fundraiser at the grass roots who has submitted a written plan to WTP and is now working the Plan.

The Plan in a nutshell: Use the free studio and equipment at Denver Open Media to prepare four $/American Citizen Public Service Announcements – which will be offshoots of the current campaign using the Freedom Bell and the Founding Father quotes – with a view to seeking $1.00 donations from millions of people nationwide through appeals targeted to different groups, including the attendees at patriotic events, small businesses, churches, veterans organizations, etc.

Activity commences immediately.

We will keep you updated.

You can help by sending $1 and asking others to do the same.
Send to: WTP, 2458 Ridge Road, Queensbury, NY 12804
Next step: Standing at traffic lights wiping windows for spare change?
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: WtP Whining

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I thought there were guidelines for "Public Service Announcements"; that the requests much serve the public. Now, I've seen a number which failed that, but there has to be at least a CLAIM of serving the public, doesn't there?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

An enormous chunk of the WTP expenses are at Schulz's own whims and ego.

I wonder if we're going to find out that he was like Gus Hall ..... supposedly a downtrodden member of the working classes he preached to, but secretly living a millionaire lifestyle.
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

What's even funnier is, the place WtP is holding the conference (click here for an overview) has video and audio equipment rental available, as well as business-equipment rental (computers, fax machines, etc. etc.) They also have staff on-site to help with any equipment problems or questions. Plus, when you sign up for a conference/meeting, you are assigned your own Conference Manager who handles pretty much everything for however long you're there.

Bob does not need money for six people to manage things at this "convention," nor does he need extra money for webcasting. All he has to do is talk with his Conference Manager, set up the cameras, and go.

(Click here for a current list of equipment rentals. Even for a 14-day rental -- the length of this "convention" -- it would not cost WtP anywhere NEAR the amount Bob's begging for.)
Last edited by Trippy on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Reminds me of this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09 ... index.html

Ground broken on $3.4 billion Homeland Security complex

"It will help us hold meetings," Secretary Janet Napolitano said.
Demo.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Trippy wrote:Bob does not need money for six people to manage things at this "convention," .... it would not cost WtP anywhere NEAR the amount Bob's begging for.)
Same Schulz stunt about the briefing, arranged by a Congressman, in late March of 2002. It was promised to Schulz as a "briefing" -- a tax lawyer from the DOJ (not the IRS) would give a lecture, to Schulz and some of his buddies in an unused room in the House Office Building, in which he would briefly explain some of the ins and outs (and presumably deal with some myths) of the income tax laws. Schulz, in turn, told his followers it was a "hearing" - formal Congressional hearing (in fact, no Member of Congress was required or scheduled to be in attendance) - and then a "trial", putting the IRS itself on trial. Schulz wanted donations to pay the overhead for all this -- although the room, the lecturer, etc., were going to be provided free of charge -- and he hinted that people who wanted questions put to the IRS (- as I said, the IRS wasn't providing anyone for this, and it wasn't clear whether or not Schulz would even be permitted to quiz the DOJ lecturer) had to kick in money to have their questions taken.

The DOJ complained to the Congressman about this misrepresentation and exploitation of what was planned, but the final straw came when Schulz told his followers "Don't file before the trial" -- that is, do not file their tax returns until after this briefing, which he was characterizing as putting the IRS on trial with the Congress as a sort of jury. At that point the entire event was cancelled and Schulz was scolded for his behavior (which, of course, he described to his followers in heroic terms).
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

fortinbras wrote:An enormous chunk of the WTP expenses are at Schulz's own whims and ego.
Absolutely. And, if further proof is required, here's what he says the "convention" will accomplish:
Bob Schulz wrote:No more undeclared wars that undermine the economy, the family and the Constitution.

No more gifting of public money and credit to private corporations for decidedly private purposes, which undermines the economy, the family and the Constitution.

No more debt-based, fiat currency that undermines the economy, the family and the Constitution.

No more direct, un-apportioned taxes on labor that undermine the economy, the family and the Constitution.

No more War on Terror with its developing Police State, which undermine the economy, the family and the Constitution.

No more unenforced immigration laws that undermine the economy, the family and the Constitution.

No more counting votes in secret, a practice that undermines the economy, the family and the Constitution.

No more attempts to disarm Americans.

No more attempts to create a North American Union.
Only one problem: Anything said or done at this huge meeting isn't going to mean squat -- at least, not in the form of new laws or regulations. The participants would have to go through their Congressional representatives for that. And, since WtP haven't accomplished anything yet with "Petitions for Redress," what do they think this hugely-expensive "convention" is going to do? (WE know the answer to that -- stroking someone's massive ego -- but will the average potential participant think logically enough to conclude this?)

Forgive me for sounding mean, but I really hope this thing dies before it's even birthed. This is one of the most outrageous cases of ego-tripping I've seen in a long time -- and truly a ripoff.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Demosthenes wrote:Reminds me of this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09 ... index.html

Ground broken on $3.4 billion Homeland Security complex

"It will help us hold meetings," Secretary Janet Napolitano said.
I wonder how many paved roads, schools, medical clinics, food banks, etc, for the poor on the Pakistan/Afghan border that would pay for? But no-- that might make the locals turn away from the radicals and then we might have to shrink the Department of Fatherland Security.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Forgive me for sounding mean, but I really hope this thing dies before it's even birthed. This is one of the most outrageous cases of ego-tripping I've seen in a long time -- and truly a ripoff.
If the participants weren't spending their money on that, they'd just be blowing it on cosplay conventions.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

CaptainKickback wrote:Don't knock cosplay conventions. They have lots of things you will never, ever see at a WtP convention........
I know it's not related to WtP ... but I wonder if Ed family:Idiot wears that kind of crossdressing outfit .... ?

And I pray Bob Schulz never gets the idea in his head. That'd be even worse! (must go rinse brain with bleach now .... )
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

CaptainKickback wrote:Something like this, only Caucasian and bigger:
You know, Captain .... I really REALLY liked that keyboard ....

:lol:
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

Some little tidbits on the WtP's CC 2009, to brighten your day/make you shake your head/laugh uncontrollably/wonder just how much time I have on my hands (home sick today, just so you know):

-- WtP has obtained just over $2800 in donations since their last counter update. Currently, they're at $168,668.83. Think they're going to make $500,000 by September 30th, or $1 million by October 10th? :lol:

-- No website updates since September 13th. Meaning, no updates on the Walk Down Main Street project, the Hometown Newspaper project, the new-n-shiny PSAs (I certainly have not heard any of those running in MY town). Also no updates on how the discussions and talks with those potential wealthy donors are going.

-- Many of the potential delegates signing up for this "bitch session" are either unemployed, or retired (and many are over age 55). As of today, the top five states (in terms of number of potential delegates) are:
TEXAS 15 (among them Michael Badnarik)
COLORADO 14
CALIFORNIA 12 (among them Orly Taitz)
NEW YORK 12 (among them Bob Schulz -- so, if he's not elected, he can't go? :twisted: )
PENNSYLVANIA 11

The other states have 9 or fewer potential delegates; North Dakota is at the bottom of the list, with one.

The bottom line? I really doubt Bob's going to pull this off -- which certainly brightens MY day. As I've mentioned before, this is one of the most expensive ego-trips I've ever seen.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Trippy wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:Something like this, only Caucasian and bigger:
You know, Captain .... I really REALLY liked that keyboard ....

:lol:
One of us ought to design a special keyboard -- call it the Quatloos Model. It should be waterproof and shock resistant, with strong stiffening in the housing so that it can withstand a great deal of abuse.... :D
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:One of us ought to design a special keyboard -- call it the Quatloos Model. It should be waterproof and shock resistant, with strong stiffening in the housing so that it can withstand a great deal of abuse.... :D
Reminds me of a guy I had a crush on in high school.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

webhick wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:One of us ought to design a special keyboard -- call it the Quatloos Model. It should be waterproof and shock resistant, with strong stiffening in the housing so that it can withstand a great deal of abuse.... :D
You had a crush on a guy who was dishwasher-safe?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Trippy wrote:-- Many of the potential delegates signing up for this "bitch session" are either unemployed, or retired (and many are over age 55).
Warning: Some of "us" are now over age 55.

And "bitch session" describes much of our daily routine.

No comment on the "unemployed" or "retired" stuff. (As a solo-practitioner, I often refer to myself as "self-under-employed.")
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

LPC wrote:
webhick wrote:
You had a crush on a guy who was dishwasher-safe?
The dishwasher is excitable.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

LPC wrote:Warning: Some of "us" are now over age 55.

And "bitch session" describes much of our daily routine.

No comment on the "unemployed" or "retired" stuff. (As a solo-practitioner, I often refer to myself as "self-under-employed.")
:? No offense meant to any members of this community, LPC. I'm just surprised that, with their life experience, these people would be A) falling for this scam and B) wanting to spend time on unproductive stuff like this. Working through channels for better legislation would be much more productive.

Then again, I guess it's another symptom of "quick-fix disease:" They want a quick fix for all the country's problems, so they're turning to anyone who's promising the moon and sun -- one person in particular, who doesn't have a stellar track record.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Trippy wrote:I'm just surprised that, with their life experience, these people would be A) falling for this scam and B) wanting to spend time on unproductive stuff like this.
One of the things that I have learned is that the theory that one gets wiser as they get older isn't necessarily true. I have seen some people who as they get older do not learn from their mistakes and experiences; instead their bad decisions seem to reinforce their behavior patterns which means the same types of mistakes get repeated over and over again. Another observation is that older people tend to lose their inhibitions to the point that they start ignoring the standard rules of social behavior (such as letting everyone know exactly what is on their mind, even if it means hurting or insulting others).

Being older doesn't guarantee a person will become the paragon of wisdom and virtue. Sometimes they just beome a whiny snotty 8 year old in a septugenarian's body.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

The Observer wrote:One of the things that I have learned is that the theory that one gets wiser as they get older isn't necessarily true.
Good point, Observer -- and I, too, have noted that. It just never ceases to amaze me, is all.

As far as WtP goes, they've FINALLY posted an update. But! STILL no information on any of the fundraising projects! (And their donation counter hasn't moved, either.) Instead, Bob's now pleading for Glenn Beck, Edwin Viera and others to join up with him.

Check it out here.