Woman proves she's not a slave by refusing to correct SFR

Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Woman proves she's not a slave by refusing to correct SFR

Post by Quixote »

The IRS filed a substitute for return for Michele Seven, aka missliberty7, for 2006 based on Forms 1099-B reporting $1.2 million in stock sales. As the IRS employee with whom Ms. Seven spoke explained, all she has to do is file a tax return to let the IRS know what her basis was and IRS will correct the assessment. She however, won't do that because she "is not a slave". She seems to think that her actions will somehow cause her to lose her children, but is ignoring the more likely result, a levy on the brokerage account that provided her $60,000 in income in 2006. She'll get to keep her children, just nothing to feed them with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRJozKGUGiQ
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Quixote

Re: Woman proves she's not a slave by refusing to correct SFR

Post by Quixote »

"What would have happened if you had filled out that paper mommy?"

"I would have paid some money...."
And quite possibly very little money. I don't recall mention of a husband, so I'll assume she would file as head of household. She mentioned kids (plural) so we'll give her two kids. If she netted $60,000 (and it's all long term capital gains), her tax before credits, using the standard deduction, would be $2,202.50. Her child tax credit would be $2,000.00, leaving her with a tax bill of $202.50. The late filing and late payment penalties could be waived under the circumstances she described. The interest, calculated through today, would be $32.43, for a total bill of $234.93.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Quixote wrote:She however, won't do that because she "is not a slave". She seems to think that her actions will somehow cause her to lose her children,...
IRS revenue officers have an unwritten rule: Never seize any asset of the taxpayer's that requires feeding.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
gottago
Victim of Incarcerated Criminal

Post by gottago »

Quixote wrote:The IRS filed a substitute for return for Michele Seven, aka missliberty7, for 2006 based on Forms 1099-B reporting $1.2 million in stock sales. As the IRS employee with whom Ms. Seven spoke explained, all she has to do is file a tax return to let the IRS know what her basis was and IRS will correct the assessment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRJozKGUGiQ
Or, in my case, you file the corrected tax return (after giving yourself "mouse elbow" spending hours entering transactions) and 3 years later you finally meet with a field auditor and supply him with all the relevant documentation he requests to support why you did not have income of over $7 million for the 2 years in question and he agrees with you and gives you documentation (even signed by his supervisor) that you owe -0- for one year and about $4600 for the other year. You think you are making some headway...

UNTIL you receive a letter from the IRS a month later that states the $4600 has been ADDED to the original SFR liability (2.9 million) for the year in question along with another $940,000 in accrued interest. Of course, they will take checks :lol: :lol:

We have faxed the letter to the field auditor and are awaiting his response...
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

We have faxed the letter to the field auditor and are awaiting his response...
I predict the field auditor will tell you that he has no idea how to fix that problem, that his report was correct, and that you need to contact the Taxpayer Advocate.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

CaptainKickback wrote:The solution is so obvious. Flee the country, change your name and start over in Argentina, selling kebabs and other neat meat treats from a push cart in Buenas Aires.
I was privy to a conversation in a coffee shop in Kent where a wealthy fellow was setting his eyes on Uruguay as a feasible destination: He had a large quantity of gold stashed away, he was contemplating a getaway with his ship, getting outside of U.S. jurisdiction and hoping to live well-off in S.A.--he didn't indicate if he was one of the unlucky ones facing a D.O.J. investigation due to off-shore accounts.
CaptainKickback wrote:As for more rational responses, the various CPA here will have those.
There are lots of effective strategies. This "sovereign" lady is going to have to come to terms with the reality that there is no moral or ethical issue in using an SS number or in working through a good CPA company to get her the best deal. Even "Sui Juris" was providing numerous phone numbers for the I.R.S. on a state by state basis, last I checked. No one with substantial experience on this sort of tax issue buys the ethical complicity arguments anymore. I hope she doesn't end up NINJA.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
gottago
Victim of Incarcerated Criminal

Post by gottago »

CaptainKickback wrote:The solution is so obvious. Flee the country, change your name and start over in Argentina, selling kebabs and other neat meat treats from a push cart in Buenas Aires
Actually, I am leaning more toward Barbados and learning a trade like hair braiding. All that meat would make me hungry..

Gottago
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

CaptainKickback wrote: Ah Carmelita.........the carnitas and meat lady........the memories........so hot and juicy, tender and spicy.......... :wink:
And her carnitas are pretty good, too. 8)
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros