Lamarr Hardy client indicted

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Lamarr Hardy client indicted

Post by Demosthenes »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009, 4:41pm HAST
Feds indict Honolulu gun dealer on tax charges
Pacific Business News (Honolulu)
A federal grand jury has indicted a Hawaii firearms dealer on tax crimes, charging him with setting up phony businesses to hide the money he made from selling weapons.
Arthur Lee Ong, who owns Magnum Firearms in Honolulu, is charged with defrauding the federal government and six counts of tax evasion from 2000 to 2005, the U.S. District Attorney’s office in Hawaii said Wednesday.
According to the indictment, Ong, 51, failed to report income he earned from selling firearms to federal, state, county and military agencies as well as the public.
He created multiple businesses, falsified tax returns to hide his income, and evaded more than $300,000 in taxes during the five-year period, according to the indictment.
Ong, 51, will be arraigned on Oct. 14.
Magnum Firearms, at 940 Queen St., describes itself as one of Hawaii’s leading firearms dealers. In addition to its Kakaako showroom, it has a shooting range and is an NRA-certified training facility that provides mandatory firearms safety courses.
Demo.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Lamarr Hardy client indicted

Post by Demosthenes »

You'd think that when this defendant's guru was sentenced to 156 months in prison in 2005, he'd have gotten a clue that his planning wouldn't work.
Demo.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

This gullible fool would have gotten better tax advice from Laurel and Hardy.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Demosthenes wrote:You'd think that when this defendant's guru was sentenced to 156 months in prison in 2005, he'd have gotten a clue that his planning wouldn't work.
Silly melon cat - don't you remember that gurus going to jail is only proof that they are winning?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

I thought that was Hedly Lamarr
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Magnum Firearms in Honolulu
"Don't look at the dogs"
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4