War Tax Resister Meeting

Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

War Tax Resister Meeting

Post by Number Six »

There will be a WTR meeting this weekend in Williamsville, VT: the WTRs are coming together to share their stories. I'm a little ambivalent about the concept of war tax resistance, it's possible that with this group that seeks to be totally up front about their anti-war philosophy, that they actually do some good opposing war, in the tradition of Thoreau, Tolstoy and Gandhi. There is nary a weapon wielded against an adversary, except that of the pen and the tongue.
http://nwtrcc.org/mtap09/mtap1009.html
Last edited by Number Six on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: War Tax Resister Meeting

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Number Six wrote:There will be a WTR meeting this weekend in Williamsville, VT this weekend, who are coming together to share their stories. I'm a little ambivalent about the concept of war tax resistance, it's possible that with this group that seeks to be totally up front about their anti-war philosophy, in the tradition of Thoreau, Tolstoy and Gandhi, there is nary a weapon wielded against an adversary, except that of the pen and the tongue.
http://nwtrcc.org/mtap09/mtap1009.html
Even though these people are technically on my side of the political spectrum (in the broadest sense), I'm not very fond of them; but unless they fall into the TP/TD idiocy I can just turn on the Ignore function and let them speak their lonely pieces.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Re: War Tax Resister Meeting

Post by Number Six »

'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)