Hendrickson's Criminal Trial

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Hendrickson's Criminal Trial

Post by LPC »

The docket shows that a jury was selected and sworn in yesterday (10/20), the trial is still scheduled to be begin today.

The docket also suggests that Hendrickson has three lawyers there (or at least three attorneys of record): Mark Lane, Mark E. Cedrone, Jack R. Hendrickson, Jr.

My guess is that Lane is there for show (if he's there at all), the brother doesn't really know what he's doing and is there for moral support, and Cedrone is doing the real work.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: Hendrickson's Criminal Trial

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Tick, tick, tick, tick.....

The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
LPC

Post by LPC »

Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

scottmacn on LH wrote:Is there anyone with any knowledge of the trial?

Does anyone have a web link that might have info...
Someone should post a link to Redcrayons as soon as there's info there.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

It is probably safe to presume that the judge denied all of Pete's excellent motions to dismiss or we would have heard something by now.
No one at LH seems concerned that Pete did not base any of his "excellent motions" on CTC. Surely a CTC educated judge would have dismissed the indictments.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Quixote wrote:
It is probably safe to presume that the judge denied all of Pete's excellent motions to dismiss or we would have heard something by now.
No one at LH seems concerned that Pete did not base any of his "excellent motions" on CTC. Surely a CTC educated judge would have dismissed the indictments.
The phrase "CtC educated" is an oxymoron.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

Quixote wrote:
Pete: "Here's my motion"

Lostheads: "EXCELLENT!"

Judge: "Denied"

Lostheads: "Bogus"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I can’t help wondering if any of his current crop of lawyers actually think they are ever going to get paid, the brother I’m sure knows better, but I can’t help wondering about the other two, considering Pete’s past track record.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

The phrase "CtC educated" is an oxymoron.
On the other hand, the CTC educated are just morons.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Yesterday's PACER docket entry:
10/21/2009 Minute Entry for proceedings held before District Judge Gerald E Rosen: Jury Trial as to Peter Hendrickson held on 10/21/2009. ( Jury Trial continued to 10/22/2009 01:00 PM before District Judge Gerald E Rosen.)(Court Reporter: Carol Sapala) (Defendant Attorney: Mark Lane; Mark E. Cedrone; Jack R. Hendrickson, Jr.) (AUSA: Mark R. Daly; Michael C. Liebson) (RBri) (Entered: 10/22/2009)
EDMI apparently requires terse minute entries.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

notorial dissent wrote:I can’t help wondering if any of his current crop of lawyers actually think they are ever going to get paid, the brother I’m sure knows better, but I can’t help wondering about the other two, considering Pete’s past track record.
You think either one is in Michigan, in court, and representing a client in a criminal matter without a retainer? Highly unlikely - even for Mr. Lane.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
LPC

Post by LPC »

Imalawman wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:I can’t help wondering if any of his current crop of lawyers actually think they are ever going to get paid, the brother I’m sure knows better, but I can’t help wondering about the other two, considering Pete’s past track record.
You think either one is in Michigan, in court, and representing a client in a criminal matter without a retainer? Highly unlikely - even for Mr. Lane.
Thanks for saying out loud what I was thinking.

Although I would have written "especially for Mr. Lane."
Dan Evans
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Howsumever......... and as memory serves, did not the great prevaricator’s former team of legal giants fire him for exactly that reason, despite the excuses they gave the court???? As memory serves..... And hasn’t Peter the prevaricator been pleading poverty and begging for funds the whole time, to the point that I wonder where he could have come up with a filing fee, let alone a retainer, the expected costs and fees on this dog and pony show will undoubtedly be astronomical????? I personally find it beyond believing that the loons at LH could have scraped together enough for bus fare let alone the kind of retainer that should have been requested, and unless ole Petey has been socking it away and not telling anyone, like his last set of lawyers, I don’t see him having enough to do it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

notorial dissent wrote:Howsumever......... and as memory serves, did not the great prevaricator’s former team of legal giants fire him for exactly that reason, despite the excuses they gave the court???? As memory serves..... And hasn’t Peter the prevaricator been pleading poverty and begging for funds the whole time, to the point that I wonder where he could have come up with a filing fee, let alone a retainer, the expected costs and fees on this dog and pony show will undoubtedly be astronomical????? I personally find it beyond believing that the loons at LH could have scraped together enough for bus fare let alone the kind of retainer that should have been requested, and unless ole Petey has been socking it away and not telling anyone, like his last set of lawyers, I don’t see him having enough to do it.
Would he have been able to secure a loan on real estate? Even with the help of the brother?
LPC

Post by LPC »

I was looking around to see if there was any news of the trial on the net, and found the following bizarre statement on a blog:
The argument is not whether Peter Hendrickson’s earnings were “wages” or not, but whether or not Peter Hendrickson believed what he was signing when he signed his 1040 for the last 6 years plus. In other words, the DOJ is pressing charges against Pete Hendrickson for what he believes, not what is fact based on their own legal definitions.
(emphasis in original.)

Of course, the moron has it fixed in his head that Hendrickson did not receive "wages" so he's got to turn an issue of fact (was the return false) to an issue of intent (did Hendrickson believe it was false), but let's take the scenario he poses seriously for a second.

Let's assume that I willfully and knowingly file a false return claiming a totally fictitious deduction. Suppose I then discover a receipt that I had completely forgotten about that shows that I am in fact entitled to the exact deduction that I falsely claimed. Ignoring issues of proof, have I committed a crime?

I think not. I think that the statute requires that the return be false in fact, just like the murder statute requires an actual death. Mere intent is not enough.
Dan Evans
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

The lost boys are living up to their nickname. http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2250

databrain thinks the government will attempt to delay the trial with a "ton of motions" to wear Pete down. Mountain of Fire thinks Pete's attorney's plan to lose at trial so they can get rich on the appeal. Hang'Em High is covering all the bases. He thinks the attorneys other than Mark Lane will sell Pete out, the corrupt judge will "steer the case toward conviction" and the government shill on the jury will prevent the acquital that "a jury of uncompromised, intelligent people" would deliver. Hang'Em is apparently not aware that Pete's brother is one of his attorneys.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Pacer says the trial is recessed until Monday.
"My Health is Better in November."
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Hang'EmHigh wrote:The worry is the judge, who would not be presiding over a case such as this unless he was thoroughly corrupt to the core and therefore blackmailable/bribeable. He will do everything he can to steer the case toward conviction, even if it means committing appealable errors. The appeals courts are just as corrupt so any appeal will have difficulty succeeding, but even if a conviction can be reversed, it would take years and in the meantime the IRS/DOJ can point to the conviction as proof Pete is "wrong".

Anyone can already point to the erroneous refund suit as proof Hendrickson is wrong (no quotation marks needed), absolutely, legally in a civil sense and totally wrong.
A conviction in the criminal trial of Hendrickson is not needed to know his nonsense is without merit (aka wrong).
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
LPC

Post by LPC »

Hang'EmHigh wrote:The worry is the judge, who would not be presiding over a case such as this
A "case such as this"?

These guys really have an exaggerated sense of Hendrickson's (and their own) significance. As federal criminal trials go, this one has got to be about as mundane as it gets.
Dan Evans
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

The trial wasn't even interesting enough for me to fly to Michigan.
Demo.