Hendrickson's Criminal Trial

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Hendrickson's Criminal Trial

Post by grixit »

*wasn't*? Not *isn't*? Is it over already?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

grixit wrote:*wasn't*? Not *isn't*? Is it over already?
Doesn't appear to be:
Minute Entry for proceedings held before District Judge Gerald E Rosen: Jury Trial as to Peter Hendrickson held on 10/23/2009 ( Jury Trial continued to 10/26/2009 09:00 AM before District Judge Gerald E Rosen.)(Court Reporter: Carol Sapala) (Defendant Attorney: Mark Lane; Mark E. Cedrone; Jack R. Hendrickson, Jr.) (AUSA: Mark R. Daly; Michael C. Leibson) (RBri) (Entered: 10/23/2009)
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Noah
Exalted Parter of the Great Sea of Insanity

Post by Noah »

wserra wrote:
grixit wrote:*wasn't*? Not *isn't*? Is it over already?
Doesn't appear to be:
Minute Entry for proceedings held before District Judge Gerald E Rosen: Jury Trial as to Peter Hendrickson held on 10/23/2009 ( Jury Trial continued to 10/26/2009 09:00 AM before District Judge Gerald E Rosen.)(Court Reporter: Carol Sapala) (Defendant Attorney: Mark Lane; Mark E. Cedrone; Jack R. Hendrickson, Jr.) (AUSA: Mark R. Daly; Michael C. Leibson) (RBri) (Entered: 10/23/2009)
Nobody watching this landmark case in person? Any info as to what is going on?
wserra

Post by wserra »

Noah wrote:this landmark case
You are being sarcastic, right?
- David Hume
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

From the LostHeads board:
smudge
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:43 pm Post subject:
Received this from a CTC California Warrior:

"Pete Hendrickson" <phendrickson@losthorizons.com>

Evidence is done-- the case goes to the jury on Monday. I'll let you know
what happens, Nathan.

Best Regards,
-Pete
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well then, Monday ought to be an interesting day then, hadn't it????

Makes one wonder what non-licensed pharmaceutical ole Petey has been smoking?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

CaptainKickback wrote:This is a complete W.A.G., but I bet the jury is home in time to be comfortably seated for the start of Monday Night Football and (hopefully) to watch Game 7 of the ALCS.

Any takers?
Sure. I disagree for three reasons.
1) You've got the 3-2 Eagles vs. the 2-4 Redskins. Who the heck is going to want to watch that?
2) I think the closing arguments and jury instructions are going to be long & laborious enough to eat up enough of the day to result in it going past Monday.
3) There will be no Game 7. Yanks win tonight!
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
cynicalflyer

Post by cynicalflyer »

Joey Smith wrote:From the LostHeads board:
No word if Pete took the stand. Interesting.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

I've long given up predicting trial outcomes.

By and large, unless you're there for the proceedings or directly involved in the background with one party or the other you are at a serious disadvantage in prognostication based on the record.

Strange things happen that only help to amplify the suspicions of the nut cases.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

If Pete loses they'd be smart to station Federal Marshalls around the nearby mailboxes.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

cynicalflyer wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:This is a complete W.A.G., but I bet the jury is home in time to be comfortably seated for the start of Monday Night Football and (hopefully) to watch Game 7 of the ALCS.

Any takers?
3) There will be no Game 7. Yanks win tonight!
Awwww... the poor, deprived Yankees fans. Their team has played in roughly a third of all World Series, and has won roughly a quarter of them; but they haven't played in one since (sob) 2003, or won one (double sob) since 2000. I'll bet the fans of the Nationals, Cubs, Rangers and Rockies are just crying their eyes out in sympathy....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

If both sides rested on Friday, then closing arguments should have taken place this morning, and the jury could be deliberating as I write this.

So we could have a verdict this afternoon.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

CaptainKickback wrote:
Next year I plan to visit Boston and by hook, or by crook, I will see a game at Fenway, and I will be wearing my Angels cap, secure in the knowledge that two magic words will keep me from getting beat up - Yankees suck! Variant - Yankees suck wicked hard!

Travelling is all about blending in as much as possible with the local environs.

And Pottapaug, you also need to include the Mariners, Rays, Padres, Astros among the teams who have never won a World Series. Add in the Indians and Giants, as they have not won since the 50s, before the Giants moved west.
I would have done just that; but I just wanted to include four of the teams whose fans have suffered. When my father was alive (he passed away in March), I used to kid him about being so old that he could remember when the Washington Senators were World Champions (he was born and raised within an easy walk to Griffith Stadium).
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
CaptainKickback wrote:
Next year I plan to visit Boston and by hook, or by crook, I will see a game at Fenway, and I will be wearing my Angels cap, secure in the knowledge that two magic words will keep me from getting beat up - Yankees suck! Variant - Yankees suck wicked hard!

Travelling is all about blending in as much as possible with the local environs.

And Pottapaug, you also need to include the Mariners, Rays, Padres, Astros among the teams who have never won a World Series. Add in the Indians and Giants, as they have not won since the 50s, before the Giants moved west.
I would have done just that; but I just wanted to include four of the teams whose fans have suffered. When my father was alive (he passed away in March), I used to kid him about being so old that he could remember when the Washington Senators were World Champions (he was born and raised within an easy walk to Griffith Stadium).
I grew up in New England. The Red Sox are part of your genes. My dad lived and died and never saw them win it all although no one could have been more faithful to them. I have lived to see them win twice. I was talking to my mother last week and she was complaining (at age 83) about their early exit from the playoffs and I told her we just should be thankful we saw them win twice. I mean, you could be a Cubs fan. We only had to wait 86 years.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I've lived in Massachusetts all my life, and have been a Red Sox fan since I can remember (Ted Williams' last few years). The Braves moved out when I was a few months old.

In the summer of 1959, the Red Sox were in a decline, and didn't get over .500 until the Impossible Dream season of 1967. The Braves had just come off two World Series, one of which they won. I was in our garage with my father; and I found an old 1952 datebook which listed the schedules for the local sports teams (no Patriots yet). I knew who the Red Sox were; but I remember asking my father, "who are the Boston Braves?" Dad told me that they were (then) the Milwaukee Braves; and my mind reeled at the thought of seeing players like Spahn, Burdette, Aaron, Mathews, Bruton, Schoendienst et al. instead of Ted Williams and a bunch of stumblebums. A short while later, Dad pointed out what was left of Braves Field to me; and I couldn't understand why the Braves would leave a perfectly good ballpark to go to some place like Milwaukee....

I didn't mention the Red Sox, earlier, because although it took us 86 years to make it to the top again, we have at least been able to hope for a return trip during most of the last 42 years. Too many baseball fans don't even have that chance.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I didn't mention the Red Sox, earlier, because although it took us 86 years to make it to the top again, we have at least been able to hope for a return trip during most of the last 42 years.
- David Hume
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Back to business...Nothing new on Pacer as of 4:45pm CT
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

LPC wrote:If both sides rested on Friday, then closing arguments should have taken place this morning, and the jury could be deliberating as I write this.

I guess I am more than a little confused then. I thought the gov’t would have taken at least a day by itself to get through their presentation, and even with no practical defense to put on, I figured that ole palaverin’ Pete would have wasted another day or two of the court’s time on silly motions, arguing with the court about the meanings of words and the like, mis-readings of the law, and I thought he had a whole boat load of the best witnesses money can buy that he was going to troop through swearing up, down, and sideways, that ole Petey is a saint and would never ever do whatever it is he was charged with doing.

Or is it just marginally possible that the judge just said NO and meant it, and Pete’s attorneys managed to muzzle him long enough to get through the hearing without sanctions and contempt warnings???

I’m still surprised at the actual trial time though, seems awfully short, or maybe I was just expecting a dog and pony show and all we got was a trial without theatrics. Just somehow, a three day trial seems kind of anticlimactic, but then I guess considering who we are dealing with maybe it shouldn’t. It’s not like we haven’t always known he was a windbag, maybe he has finally run out of hot air.

Well, I guess we'll find out when the dust clears and the excuses start flowing.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

notorial dissent wrote:
LPC wrote:If both sides rested on Friday, then closing arguments should have taken place this morning, and the jury could be deliberating as I write this.

I guess I am more than a little confused then. I thought the gov’t would have taken at least a day by itself to get through their presentation, and even with no practical defense to put on, I figured that ole palaverin’ Pete would have wasted another day or two of the court’s time on silly motions, arguing with the court about the meanings of words and the like, mis-readings of the law, and I thought he had a whole boat load of the best witnesses money can buy that he was going to troop through swearing up, down, and sideways, that ole Petey is a saint and would never ever do whatever it is he was charged with doing.

Or is it just marginally possible that the judge just said NO and meant it, and Pete’s attorneys managed to muzzle him long enough to get through the hearing without sanctions and contempt warnings???

I’m still surprised at the actual trial time though, seems awfully short, or maybe I was just expecting a dog and pony show and all we got was a trial without theatrics. Just somehow, a three day trial seems kind of anticlimactic, but then I guess considering who we are dealing with maybe it shouldn’t. It’s not like we haven’t always known he was a windbag, maybe he has finally run out of hot air.

Well, I guess we'll find out when the dust clears and the excuses start flowing.
Yeah, I supposed it would take a bit longer as well. I'm not sure they actually had more than a full day of actual trial time when looking at Pacer. Pete could be wrong (GASP!).
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
wserra

Post by wserra »

Guilty. The Detroit News story is here, still nothing on PACER.

According to the news story, Hendrickson testified (duh!). More surprisingly, bail was continued pending sentencing. Much teeth-gnashing and garment-rending expected from the usual sources.
- David Hume