Hendrickson Guilty!

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Hendrickson Guilty!

Post by wserra »

It's interesting how much one losing defendant's "sour grapes" resembles another's. Pete may be more articulate than the thug just convicted of mugging an old lady - or may not be - but the whines are virtually identical. First, blame the judge. Second, blame the jury. Third, blame your lawyer. Fourth, make molehills which likely meant absolutely nothing to anyone but you into mountains. Finally, point out how you are being crucified for the sins of mankind. See how Pete follows the pattern.
iplawyer wrote:From Pete to the Lost Heads:

Five hours after being given the following instructions over my strenuous objection and demand that the jurors be provided the actual language of the statutes
Translation: The judge told the jury what the law is, rather than leaving that to Pete.

(1) Bad judge.
...and after the two most attentive jurors-- one of whom had actually asked during the trial to see the language of 3401 and 3121, and been rebuffed-- were bumped as alternates, the jury in my trial came back with guilty verdicts on all counts.
Translation: Two jurors designated as alternates (which can happen either before the trial starts or immediately before deliberations, depending on statute, local practice and/or the judge) were discharged, as they must be. Those, of course, were my two best jurors, which became clear as soon as they were discharged. The rest were nitwits.

(2) Bad jury.
It was also after an extended introduction of documents by a State of Michigan "disclosure officer" blah blah blah. Further, although the "disclosure officer" testified that Michigan had made "assessments" concerning Doreen and me blah blah blah. Indeed, included in the document dump provided by the government blah blah blah. The prosecution also presented a "disclosure officer" from the IRS, who bored and bewildered everyone blah blah blah. The 2005 and 2006 transcripts show "Substitutes for Return" listed as the data source based on the fiction that blah blah blah. On another interesting subject, one IRS witness testified that, conservatively estimated blah blah blah.
(3) Molehills => mountains.
CtC itself never made it to the jury, nor any portions of the book. This was in part, at least, just a screw-up on the part of my legal help, who forgot to publish to the jury selected chapters that had been prepared as exhibits when the opportunity to do so arose.... I hadn't taken the opportunity during my own testimony to discuss the nuances of the law in any depth, due to a recommended approach of keeping that testimony simple, while relying on the published material to cover the details.
(4) Blame the lawyers. Forget that it is highly likely that the defendant's book is inadmissible, on multiple grounds. He can testify to what he claims to believe. And I certainly agree that Pete's lawyers should have advised him to drone on for hour after hour, rather than "keeping [his] testimony simple". Of course, if they had advised him to drone on, he would have blamed them for not advising him to keep it simple.
Needless to say, I'm not happy, and my family is in serious distress. But we will persevere, and intend to appeal over the matter of the instructions above, and other issues, as well.... I stepped forward and pulled back that curtain, and now the liars are trying to cut off my hand so that the curtain can drop back into place and their exploitations can continue unhindered. I need my fellows to help, right now.
(5) Peter ****ing Agonistes
But conscience asks the question - is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular; but one must take it because it is right."

-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Barf.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

wserra wrote:
But conscience asks the question - is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular; but one must take it because it is right."

-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Barf.
Well said.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

I wish John J. Bulten was still around here to comment on this. It might have been entertaining.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

Dezcad wrote:I wish John J. Bulten was still around here to comment on this. It might have been entertaining.
Yeah, has John J. Bulten had anything to say about the criminal case or the appeals in the Civil Case? Inquiring minds want to know!
"My Health is Better in November."
Prof

Post by Prof »

And, straight from the Lost Horizons forum, a quick analysis of the trial by two astute observers:
Hang'Em High
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, speaking of transcripts, I would be willing to bet that when they are released, a trial observer with a good memory would find they don't quite match up with the observer's memory (had been falsified in some respects to cover up some of the judge's more egregious behavior). If nobody was allowed to audio record the proceeding, what can anybody do about it? Nothing.

richloomis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For such a smart guy, Hendrickson seems to have picked a covert "shill" attorney to represent him, sounds like he got sandbagged from a number of directions that SHOULD have been foreseen amid numerous pre-trial brainstorming sessions, etc. OBVIOUSLY the gov would select a crooked judge, who almost certainly would try to "instruct" the jury falsely, etc, etc. WHY didn't anyone have a decent counter-strategy in place? WHY didn't Hendrickson risk a few days or weeks of penalty for contempt charges, by openly and LOUDLY revealing the mendacious nature of the judge and his "instructions" when the jury was allowed to re-enter the courtroom after the "private" pronouncements of the judge? He, or his attorney, should have STOOD LIKE MEN and denounced the kangaroo court to the jurors, asking them to "wonder" just WHY the so-called "alternates" were dismissed just for asking about the actual wording of the law? Etc, etc. Sounds like Hendrickson and attorney essentially wimped out instead of maximizing the possibilities, not having an adequate plan, etc. WHO was his attorney? When will a full transcipt be posted? WHY did they not record their own pocket audio record of the proceedings, in spite of so-called restrictions? I was ready to click the Paypal button to contribute to the next go-around, but if Hendrickson is going to allow a dipshit attorney to scuttle the next round, why should I bother? I'll need to know MUCH more about what really happened and why before giving more money.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

[quote="Prof"]And, straight from the Lost Horizons forum, a quick analysis of the trial by two astute observers:

He, or his attorney, should have STOOD LIKE MEN and denounced the kangaroo court to the jurors, asking them to "wonder" just WHY the so-called "alternates" were dismissed just for asking about the actual wording of the law?

I can't think of a much better way to cause a mistrial to be declared, Genius. :P :P :P :P :P
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra

Post by wserra »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I can't think of a much better way to cause a mistrial to be declared, Genius. :P :P :P :P :P
Only to do it all over again, this time present only by video hookup, with the cutoff button resting on the bench. Like I said, Internet Rambos.
- David Hume
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Delusional crackhead wrote:dipshit attorney
It's always good to insult your forum owner's brother.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Prof wrote:And, straight from the Lost Horizons forum, a quick analysis of the trial by two astute observers:
Hang'Em High

Oh yeah, speaking of transcripts, I would be willing to bet that when they are released, a trial observer with a good memory would find they don't quite match up with the observer's memory (had been falsified in some respects to cover up some of the judge's more egregious behavior). If nobody was allowed to audio record the proceeding, what can anybody do about it? Nothing.

I'm willing to bet that the only observer Hang 'Em would accept as having a good memory is one who had memorized CTC and used it. I'll bet an audio recording and their memory would be very different things, too bad court TV didn;t cover the case.
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

bmielke wrote:I'm willing to bet that the only observer Hang 'Em would accept as having a good memory is one who had memorized CTC and used it. I'll bet an audio recording and their memory would be very different things, too bad court TV didn;t cover the case.
Even if they had a recording, they'd claim their "memory" trumps and the recording's been altered, too.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

cynicalflyer wrote:
bmielke wrote:I'm willing to bet that the only observer Hang 'Em would accept as having a good memory is one who had memorized CTC and used it. I'll bet an audio recording and their memory would be very different things, too bad court TV didn;t cover the case.
Even if they had a recording, they'd claim their "memory" trumps and the recording's been altered, too.
... or reshot on a secret sound stage (owned by the IRS/FBI/CIA/KGB/Illuminati/YourFavorite Demon). After all, that's how the "proof" came out that we "landed" on the moon, right?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I don't think the Justice Department news release has actually been posted here yet, so......

News release Oct. 27, 2009, from Terrence Berg, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan:
TAX PROTESTER CONVICTED BY JURY
Peter Hendrickson, 54, of Commerce Township was found guilty today [sic; the jury verdict was on October 26, 2009; the news release is dated Oct. 27] of making false statements to the IRS by a federal jury in Detroit, United States Attorney Terrence Berg announced today.

The jury deliberated for about four hours before returning the verdict, concluding a five-day trial before Chief United States District Judge Gerald Rosen.

The 10-count indictment charged that for the calendar years 2000, 2002,2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 Hendrickson filed IRS Form 1040 (income tax returns) and/or IRS Form 4852 (Substitute for Form W-2) stating under penalties of perjury that he had received no wages in those years. The indictment indicated that he had in fact received wages in those years in varying amounts. The evidence produced at trial established that Hendrickson had in fact received taxable wages and that his claims to the contrary were knowingly false. In reaching the verdicts, the jury rejected Hendrickson’s defense that he had a good faith belief that his statements regarding his lack of wages were true.

The charges are felonies and carry a maximum sentence of three years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine.

Sentencing of Hendrickson is scheduled for February 9, 2010.

US Attorney Berg praised the work of the criminal investigators from the Internal Revenue Service for their efforts in bringing this case.

This case was prosecuted by Mark Daly, an attorney with the Department of Justice Tax Division and Assistant United States Attorney Michael C. Leibson.
http://www.justice.gov/tax/usaopress/20 ... ickson.pdf
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Prof

Post by Prof »

PH's conviction is just another step in THEIR master plan; here, straight from LH's own "richloomis" is the inside information which will no doubt show up on WORLDNUTDAILY tomorrow:
richloomis

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:42 am Post subject:

Both of you guys are right: for SURE they had the jury pretty much controlled from the get-go (way too damn important a case to allow "happenstance justice" to prevail) AND just as the IRS has evaded and stonewalled my own CtC stuff for nearly two years and counting, it IS a delaying tactic. And why? Because the BIGGER plan to disrupt society via fiscal collapse, war, bioweapons, etc is still on track and will render all of this moot once full martial law is instituted. All they have to do is obfuscate and hide amid the smoke and mirrors for just a little while longer . . ! The mere fact that not merely "patriots" (and look-alike shills) are using the "R" word regularly, -- even many of the mainstream types are talking revolution, yada yada yada. Just what they want, and not a moment too soon for them, lest the Internet remain free and people wake up in time to LEGALLY hang the bastards. They know if they can just get the USA into lockdown mode, it will be FOREVER and any resistance can be "justifiably" knocked down with foreign UN troops, etc. Besides, they won't HAVE to use troops to remove the guns from all the "cold dead fingers" of resistance -- the bioweapons and drugged gov food handouts and other stuff will reduce the population just fine by themselves. THEN the troops can be brought in to mop up the feeble remnant, relocate everyone to the new work regions etc. The courts and schools and Congress need only keep up the pretence just a while longer . . sigh. Goodbye, America . . hello, oppression unlike anything imagined before.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Prof wrote:PH's conviction is just another step in THEIR master plan; here, straight from LH's own "richloomis" is the inside information which will no doubt show up on WORLDNUTDAILY tomorrow:
richloomis

Both of you guys are right: for SURE they had the jury pretty much controlled from the get-go (way too damn important a case to allow "happenstance justice" to prevail) AND just as the IRS has evaded and stonewalled my own CtC stuff for nearly two years and counting, it IS a delaying tactic.
How much longer before we see an indictment, or at the very least a civil suit? 2 years of frivilous filling and letters to the IRS is likely not to go unnoticed.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

bmielke wrote:
Prof wrote:PH's conviction is just another step in THEIR master plan; here, straight from LH's own "richloomis" is the inside information which will no doubt show up on WORLDNUTDAILY tomorrow:
richloomis

Both of you guys are right: for SURE they had the jury pretty much controlled from the get-go (way too damn important a case to allow "happenstance justice" to prevail) AND just as the IRS has evaded and stonewalled my own CtC stuff for nearly two years and counting, it IS a delaying tactic.
How much longer before we see an indictment, or at the very least a civil suit? 2 years of frivilous filling and letters to the IRS is likely not to go unnoticed.
An indictment? Probably never. And no civil suit either. I interpret richloomis's complaint about "evad[ing] and stonewall[ing]" to mean he never received the bogus refunds he tried to get. However, if he hasn't already been assessed with frivolous return penalties, he eventually will be.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Quixote wrote: An indictment? Probably never. And no civil suit either. I interpret richloomis's complaint about "evad[ing] and stonewall[ing]" to mean he never received the bogus refunds he tried to get. However, if he hasn't already been assessed with frivolous return penalties, he eventually will be.
Ah... Yes that would make sense. Of course the IRS is stone walling him, he can't get the refunds he doesn't deserve, but Uncle Pety says he should get. It makes sense now thanks.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Goodbye, America . . hello, oppression unlike anything imagined before.
That would certainly get richloomis and his ilk off the hook for having to justify their failed, miserable lives wouldn't it?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

CaptainKickback wrote:

Goodbye, America . . hello, oppression unlike anything imagined before.
The author of that quote obviously does not read much. I say that because in terms of oppression I can think of any number of examples that have occurred within many people's life times that are far, far worse than what ever that tool can imagine:

North Korea under the Kims
Cambodia under Pol Pot
Myanmar under the current ruling military troika
PRC during Mao's "Cultural Revolution"
Afghanistan under Taliban rule
USSR - especially under Stalin

Well, you get the idea.
What joke to even have to bring up extremes. Hell, we're still the freest nation on earth. I still say that these clown should go spend some solid time in a 3rd world country and their attitude would change dramatically.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
wserra

Post by wserra »

I just looked in on the LH forum this Monday morning, for the first time in months. The thread about the Great Man's conviction is number eleven, not counting the several "announcements" and "stickies". So these guys are all happily yapping away about how to beat the IRS, busily ignoring the fact that the guy who wrote their Bible is about to go to jail for following his own advice.

Lemmings or ostriches? You decide.
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

An interesting thing about lemmings -- last night, I was reminded that the famous (or infamous) Disney film showing lemmings running over the side of a cliff was a fake. Apparently, the lemmings did what they did because the Disney filmmakers chased them there, from off-camera.