Hendrickson Guilty!

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: Hendrickson Guilty!

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:An interesting thing about lemmings -- last night, I was reminded that the famous (or infamous) Disney film showing lemmings running over the side of a cliff was a fake. Apparently, the lemmings did what they did because the Disney filmmakers chased them there, from off-camera.
I thought the filmmakers threw the lemmings off the cliff from off-camera. Chasing them wasn't good enough....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Imalawman wrote: What joke to even have to bring up extremes. Hell, we're still the freest nation on earth. I still say that these clown should go spend some solid time in a 3rd world country and their attitude would change dramatically.
Having spent some time in many certifiable third world countries, I concur.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:An interesting thing about lemmings -- last night, I was reminded that the famous (or infamous) Disney film showing lemmings running over the side of a cliff was a fake. Apparently, the lemmings did what they did because the Disney filmmakers chased them there, from off-camera.
I thought the filmmakers threw the lemmings off the cliff from off-camera. Chasing them wasn't good enough....
Well at any rate, good ol' Uncle Walt managed to fool us all, back then, however he did it.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Arthur Rubin wrote:
Well at any rate, good ol' Uncle Walt managed to fool us all, back then, however he did it.
Wait Lemmings don't just jump off cliffs? Or do they jump off cliffs just it has never been filmed?
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

wserra wrote:Lemmings or ostriches? You decide.
You've heard of Chimera, Griffon, Harpy, etc. Now we have a new species, the lemmstrich. One of nature's oddities, the furry feathered flightless fool puts its head up its ass and jumps off a cliff.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Lambkin wrote:
You've heard of Chimera, Griffon, Harpy, etc. Now we have a new species, the lemmstrich. One of nature's oddities, the furry feathered flightless fool puts its head up its ass and jumps off a cliff.
I'm not sure if I want to see that. It sounds like a train wreck, I don;t want to watch but at the same time I just can't turn away.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Lambkin wrote:
One other quirk about this species -- none of them have a functioning brain.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

wserra wrote:I just looked in on the LH forum this Monday morning, for the first time in months. The thread about the Great Man's conviction is number eleven, not counting the several "announcements" and "stickies". So these guys are all happily yapping away about how to beat the IRS, busily ignoring the fact that the guy who wrote their Bible is about to go to jail for following his own advice.

Lemmings or ostriches? You decide.

It's one of those things where if you ignore those inconvenient little facts/realities they'll just go away. After all, that is what they have been doing all along, ignoring the fact/reality that if you follow Pete's theories, you will end up at the very least in trouble with the IRS, and usually on your way to jail for fraud. I guess they'll just have to hum a little louder and close their eyes a little tighter from now on.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

This just posted at LoserHeads.

Pete is asking his apostles for assitance in researching legal material to prepare an appeals brief. He has definitely gone off the deep end.
I've got a project for all you legal eagles (and owls)! I'd like those with the skills and gumption to make a quick group- or individual-project out of writing up brief portions (that is, portions of what will be a brief) revealing why the following cases are ill-founded, insufficient or outright inapposite to the motion material posted at http://www.losthorizons.com/Newsletter/ ... Motion.pdf
Sims v. United States, 359 U.S. 108 (1959);
United States v. Maggi, No. 98-5570, (6th Cir. 1999),
United States v. Napier, No 90-1297 (6th Cir. 1991),
United States v. Boling, No. 87-5051 (6th Cir. 1988),
United States v. Rice, 659 F.2d 524 (5th Cir. 1981),
United States v. Latham 754 F.2d (7th Cir. 1985),
United States v. Karlin, 785 F.2d 90, 91 (3d Cir. 1986) and
United States v. Condo, 741 F.2d 238 (9th Cir. 1984).
Some will be a bit tricky and and will require the thinking caps to be on; others not so much... Watch out for reliance in some of these cases on citation to others which are themselves inapposite. You can look for some start-up perspectives in the reply brief at http://www.losthorizons.com/Newsletter/ ... sonMTD.pdf , but your analysis and argument can and should go much further. (I've looked at several of these cases, and guarantee that there is good grist for the mill in them). Start individual threads, polish up some scintillating material liberally quoting, citing and juxtaposing as appropriate but being as syllogistic and concise as possible without sacrificing clarity, be dead accurate, vett it through the community, and send it to me asap.
Thanks,
-Pete
cynicalflyer
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by cynicalflyer »

So, he's relying on these chuckleheads to lead his appeals process?

Talk about the blind leading the visually-impaired.
"Where there is no law, but every man does what is right in his own eyes, there is the least of real liberty." -- General Henry M. Robert author, Robert's Rules of Order
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

...polish up some scintillating material liberally quoting, citing and juxtaposing as appropriate but being as syllogistic and concise as possible without sacrificing clarity, be dead accurate,...
Uh, Pete, I don't know to break this to you but misquoting court citations, twisting the court's opinion to fit your premise, and citing cases that have no relevant bearing on your case will never have any connection to being syllogistic, concise or clear.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

From the LH thread on Pete's victory:
Skankbeat wrote:One has a fundamental right to fully present their case. By keeping the black letter law off the court record (and from of jury review), Hendrickson was prevented from fully presenting his case which would have shifted burden of proof onto the government.
I'm quite sure that, unless the judge had a stroke while reading the charge to the jury, the jury was instructed that the government had the burden of proving every element of the case and that the government's proof must convince the jury of Hendrickson's guilt beyond any reasonable doubt.

In other words, Hendrickson couldn't possibly have shifted to the government the burden that the government already had and, according to the jury, fulfilled.

And this thread is now long enough, so I'm locking it.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

bmielke wrote:Wait Lemmings don't just jump off cliffs? Or do they jump off cliffs just it has never been filmed?
Nope. See http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lemmings.asp for details.
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato