Eddie Kahn on trial, again

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Eddie Kahn on trial, again

Post by Demosthenes »

Update from AP:
The cases against Hunter and several other employees are still pending, though, and federal authorities in Washington issued an arrest warrant for him in November after he failed to appear in court. U.S. Marshals were ordered to apprehend Hunter, who they said had claimed he would not be taken alive.

Investigators were tipped this month that Hunter was fleeing the Ocala, Fla. area and could be headed for Columbus, said Winfield. A team surrounded his son's house around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday and ordered him to give himself up, said Winfield.

"He stood in the window and dared us to come get him—and we did," said Winfield. "He went without a fight."
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

Eddie Kahn
Danny True
Allan Tanguay
Steve Hunter

Guilty on all counts.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TAX
WEDNESDAY, MAY 26, 2010 (202) 514-2007
http://WWW.JUSTICE.GOV TDD (202) 514-1888
FOUR FLORIDA PROMOTERS OF TAX DEFIER SCHEMES
CONVICTED OF TAX AND MAIL FRAUD
One Promoter Previously Sentenced in Connection with Actor Wesley Snipes
WASHINGTON -- Four promoters of a Florida-based business that sold fraudulent tax schemes were convicted today of selling worthless "bills of exchange" for the purpose of impeding the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and promoting other schemes to orchestrate tax fraud, the Justice Department and IRS announced today. The evidence at trial showed that the four and their employees manufactured over $1 billion in fictitious financial instruments purporting to be drawn on the U.S. Treasury.
Eddie Ray Kahn, Stephen C. Hunter, Danny True and Allan J. Tanguay, all of Florida, were found guilty after an 18-day trial. Jerry Williamson, who was charged in the same case, pleaded guilty in April of 2009 to one count of mail fraud for sending a fictitious bill of exchange purporting to be drawn on the U.S. Treasury. Chief Judge Royce Lamberth in Washington, who presided over the trial, set sentencing for August 30, 2010.
All four men were convicted of conspiracy to defraud the United States and to commit mail fraud in the operation of American Rights Litigators/Guiding Light of God Ministries (ARL). In addition, each defendant was convicted of one or more counts of mail fraud. The evidence at trial showed that Kahn founded and ran ARL from 1996 through 2004. During that time, ARL enrolled more than 4,000 customers from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Hunter, True and Tanguay worked at ARL with Kahn to develop and sell tax defiance schemes based on deliberate misrepresentations of the legal foundation of the tax system.
The evidence at trial showed that the purpose of the tax defiance schemes promoted by the four men was to thwart the IRS in its attempts to assess and collect taxes by various means. These schemes included manufacturing and selling more than one thousand worthless bills of exchange supposedly drawn on the U.S. Treasury for customers to use in purported payment of their taxes, as well as producing false and harassing complaints against IRS employees that were sent to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration in Washington.
The Justice Department filed a lawsuit against ARL which resulted in a December 2003 preliminary injunction ordering ARL to cease selling its schemes. The evidence at trial showed that the defendants continued to prepare fraudulent and obstructive correspondence to the IRS on behalf of ARL customers, even after the entry of that order. ARL injunction: http://www.justice.gov/tax/prtax/txdv03730.htm. Kahn was previously sentenced in connection with the Wesley Snipes case: http://www.justice.gov/tax/usaopress/2008/txdv08343.htm.
The evidence in that case showed that Snipes was a customer of ARL.

“Convictions, like the one returned against these defendants today, send a loud and clear message that illegal tax defiers will be investigated, prosecuted, and subjected to the full punishment of the law for their actions,” said John A. DiCicco, Acting Assistant Attorney General of the Justice Department Tax Division.

“The defendants in this scheme manufactured and sold worthless “bills of exchange” for use in paying their tax liability. This scheme was nothing more than a sham to disguise their intent to evade the payment of taxes,” said Victor S.O. Song, Chief, IRS Criminal Investigation. “These criminal actions will not be tolerated. Individuals who intentionally evade their legal responsibility to pay taxes will be brought to justice.”
Acting Assistant Attorney General DiCicco commended the IRS agents who investigated the case, as well as Tax Division Trial Attorneys Jeffrey McLellan, Tino Lisella and Melissa Siskind, who prosecuted the case. Additional information about the Justice Department’s Tax Division and its enforcement efforts is available at http://www.usdoj.gov/tax.
Demo.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Stumbled over this today--

http://apnews.myway.com//article/201006 ... NC9O0.html

Anyone wanna bet a quatloo that this isn't a lot of help, just delay?
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

FOUR PROMOTERS OF TAX DEFIANCE SCHEME SENTENCED TO PRISON

One Promoter Previously Sentenced in Connection with Actor Wesley Snipes

WASHINGTON- Four promoters of a Florida-based business that sold illegal tax defiance schemes, American Rights Litigators/Guiding Light of God Ministries (ARL), were sentenced today by U.S. District Judge Royce C. Lamberth, the Justice Department and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) announced today. All four defendants were convicted in May 2010 following a one-month jury trial.

Eddie Ray Kahn, formerly of Sorrento, Fla., was sentenced to 20 years in prison for conspiracy to defraud the United States and to commit mail fraud and one count of mail fraud. Stephen C. Hunter, formerly of Candler, Fla., and Danny True, of Deltona, Fla., were sentenced to 10 years in prison for conspiracy to defraud the United States and three counts of mail fraud. Allan J. Tanguay, of Flagler Beach, Fla., was sentenced to 10 years in prison for conspiracy to defraud the United States and to commit mail fraud and one count of mail fraud.

The evidence at trial showed that Kahn founded and ran ARL from 1996 through 2004. During that time, ARL enrolled more than 4,000 customers from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Defendants Hunter, True and Tanguay worked at ARL with Kahn to develop and sell tax defiance schemes based on deliberate misrepresentations of the legal foundation of the tax system.

The evidence at trial showed that the purpose of the tax defiance schemes promoted by the four men was to thwart the IRS in its attempts to assess and collect taxes by various means. These schemes included manufacturing and selling more than one thousand worthless “bills of exchange” supposedly drawn on the U.S. Treasury for customers to use in purported payment of their taxes, as well as producing false and harassing complaints against IRS employees that were sent to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) in Washington, D.C.

The Justice Department filed a lawsuit against ARL which resulted in a December 2003 preliminary injunction ordering ARL to cease selling its schemes. The evidence at trial showed that the defendants continued to prepare fraudulent and obstructive correspondence to the IRS on behalf of ARL customers, even after the entry of that order.

“This is precisely the type of conduct the Tax Division is committed to stopping under the National Tax Defier Initiative,” said John A. DiCicco, Acting Assistant Attorney General of the Justice Department’s Tax Division. “Those who promote illegal tax defiance face prosecution and lengthy prison terms.”

“Today, justice is served, and these four individuals are being held accountable for their criminal actions. The manufacturing of worthless ‘bills of exchange’ was nothing more than a sham to disguise their intent to evade the payment of taxes,” said Victor S.O. Song, Chief, IRS Criminal Investigation. “IRS special agents work diligently to identify and bring to prosecution both those who evade their taxes, and those who assist others in evading their tax obligations – it’s a matter of maintaining public confidence in our system of taxation.”

Acting Assistant Attorney General DiCicco commended the IRS and TIGTA agents who investigated the case, as well as Tax Division Trial Attorneys Jeffrey McLellan, Tino Lisella, and Melissa Siskind, who prosecuted the case.

Additional information about the Justice Department’s Tax Division and its enforcement efforts is available at www.usdoj.gov/tax.

Kahn’s previous sentence in the Wesley Snipes case: www.justice.gov/tax/usaopress/2008/txdv08343.htm.

ARL injunction: www.justice.gov/tax/prtax/txdv03730.htm.
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Eddie Ray Kahn, formerly of Sorrento, Fla., was sentenced to 20 years in prison for conspiracy to defraud the United States and to commit mail fraud and one count of mail fraud.
And that 20 year sentence doesn't even begin to run until he's finished the 10 years he got in the Wesley Snipes case, right?

(Last time I looked, the Bureau of Prisons estimated Kahn's release date to be July 18, 2015.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LDE

Post by LDE »

Kahn artist.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

LPC wrote: And that 20 year sentence doesn't even begin to run until he's finished the 10 years he got in the Wesley Snipes case, right?...
Correctomundo!
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Interesting indeed. I didn't realize that Kahn is 67 years old. Which means that he will likely die in prison. I also didn't realize that he was a former police officer. And I didn't realize that he has been pushing this nonsense for nearly 30 years, despite already serving a 3 year sentence for tax crimes. Stupidity knows no boundaries.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The Bureau of Prisons has changed the projected release date for Kahn from July 2015 to April 2026.

EDIT: For the record, the date was changed from July 18, 2015 to April 21, 2026.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Ouch, amazing how expensive stupidity is!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

BOP is showing Eddie's release in 5 years or so:

EDDIE RAY KAHN
Register Number: 18325-008
Race: White
Sex: Male
Located at: Rivers CI
Release Date: 11/17/2025

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:01 am BOP is showing Eddie's release in 5 years or so:

EDDIE RAY KAHN
Register Number: 18325-008
Race: White
Sex: Male
Located at: Rivers CI
Release Date: 11/17/2025
Hey, things are lookin' up for Eddie Ray Kahn. Years ago, the Bureau of Prisons mistakenly showed his middle initial as a "K". At least they have that part right now.

:whistle:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Well, you can call him Ray or you can call him K, but you doesn't have to call him now, he gotsta stick around another 5 years.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Out of curiosity, say a guy is in prison for Tax Evasion and he owes the IRS a gazongazillion dollars.
If the Internet Followers send him a few grand for the Commissary account, does the IRS take it? I know that if there is a fine or restitution in Ohio, they are allowed a minimum amount of like $100 but everything above that is fair game, for Child Support at least. We had a local case a few years ago where a guy getting fairly big contributions from somewhere, and the Judge told CPS they had to leave him X amount, but the rest they could take. So they took it. Criminal not amused..
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Interesting point. I wonder if he even has any followers any more, he's kind of day before yesterday's fish wrap at this point.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Legally and technically, it is possible for the IRS to levy a commissary account once a tax lien is established. Laws and policies regarding the limiting the reach of the levy only apply when the asset is considered income as opposed to property. My take is that a commissary account would be seen under the law as being personal property and not income. I don't know if BOP has policies in place that would contest turning over proceeds from a commissary account in response to an IRS levy. From a practical viewpoint, I doubt that the IRS has the ability to systematically check and levy commissary accounts; my guess is that nearly all of them each have less than $100 at any one time. I suppose if someone were to contact the IRS and say that prisoner X has an account holding several thousands of dollars an enterprising revenue officer could certainly make the attempt.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:32 pm Interesting point. I wonder if he even has any followers any more, he's kind of day before yesterday's fish wrap at this point.
And I wouldn't have even bothered posting his release date, except that it changed by 5 months from the last update we had.

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I believe there is a maximum amount a prisoner can have, thoughI don't know why I think it.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.