Weirdness abounds

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Weirdness abounds

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

OK, someone with access to local court records might be able to clear this up, but this is a bit curious:

http://www.madisonrecord.com/news/22325 ... o-february
Plaintiffs Glen Suschanke Jr. and Tabitha Suschanke are suing Patrick Woods and several of his companies for allegedly reporting that Glen Suschanke earned tens of thousands of dollars from Woods' companies over the span of a decade.
The venue is interesting for any number of reasons.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Nikki

Re: Weirdness abounds

Post by Nikki »

1 - Removal to Federal District court, since there are specific federal statutes addressing the issue and immunizing the employer from exactly this type of action

2 - Dismissal by the District court for failure to state a justicable claim.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Not the first time that we have seen these kinds of suits. Angry and uneducated TP decides that, instead of confronting the federal government in federal district court, they will take their frustration out on the employer, their bank or whoever gave information and/or money to the IRS. In a weird way, this is akin to what David Merrill Van Pelt attempts to do with his "cure" for liens/levies - bypass the government and attempt to bluff the bank or employer into releasing funds.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

This Doesn't seem like the typical TP crap to me.
The Suschankes' claim that Glen never worked for Woods or his companies and that he never earned the income the IRS has sought to tax.
I think they would be more likey to claim he worked for him but never earned any wages. If they are Pro Se then I agree TP, but this case may have some reasoning behind it.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

The Observer wrote:Not the first time that we have seen these kinds of suits. Angry and uneducated TP decides that, instead of confronting the federal government in federal district court, they will take their frustration out on the employer, their bank or whoever gave information and/or money to the IRS. In a weird way, this is akin to what David Merrill Van Pelt attempts to do with his "cure" for liens/levies - bypass the government and attempt to bluff the bank or employer into releasing funds.
Nancy Montgomery-Ware tried this three times and lost all three.
Desvaux-Bedke also questioned Montgomery-Ware about three lawsuits she filed against her former partner in Lakeland, Dr. Harry Bopp, because he withheld federal income taxes from her wages. Montgomery-Ware acknowledged that the court had ruled against her all three times, finding the lawsuits were filed in bad faith and ordering her to pay Bopp's legal fees.
BTW, she still has about 10 months left on her sentence:
Name Register # Age-Race-Sex Release Date
1. NANCY MONTGOMERY-WARE 49360-018 45-White-F 09-21-2010 COLEMAN MED FCI
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

The Observer wrote:Not the first time that we have seen these kinds of suits. Angry and uneducated TP decides that, instead of confronting the federal government in federal district court, they will take their frustration out on the employer, their bank or whoever gave information and/or money to the IRS. In a weird way, this is akin to what David Merrill Van Pelt attempts to do with his "cure" for liens/levies - bypass the government and attempt to bluff the bank or employer into releasing funds.
For a while, there was a rash of lein-release actions in local and state courts.

Some of them actually won -- for a few minutes -- because the plaintiffs carefully avoided naming the Federal government as a party and never served notice of the suit on the Attorney General.

Final outcome in every one of the cases:

1 - Removal to Federal District court, since there are specific federal statutes addressing the existence of the lien and the procedures for challenging it.

2 - Reversal by the District court of the inferior court's action.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

bmielke wrote:This Doesn't seem like the typical TP crap to me.
The Suschankes' claim that Glen never worked for Woods or his companies and that he never earned the income the IRS has sought to tax.
I think they would be more likey to claim he worked for him but never earned any wages. If they are Pro Se then I agree TP, but this case may have some reasoning behind it.
I'll bet 1000 Quatloos that this is yet another TP pro se suit. Only a layers of the ilk of Lowell Becraft might put his name on twaddle like this.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Nikki wrote:1 - Removal to Federal District court, since there are specific federal statutes addressing the issue and immunizing the employer from exactly this type of action

2 - Dismissal by the District court for failure to state a justicable claim.
One of those specific federal statutes is IRC §7434, civil damages for fraudulant filing of information returns. If the facts are on Suschanke's side, he should have brought suit under 7434. Damages under 7434 are the greater of $5,000 or the sum of actual damages, costs and, at the court's discretion, attorneys fees.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Here's an earlier article about the suit:
http://www.stclairrecord.com/news/22308 ... fraud-case

What makes no sense is that while the plaintiff claims he never worked for the defendant, he nevertheless ended up with tax liabilities for the income the defendant reported to the IRS. Sounds like he wasn't able to convince the Service that he never received the payments.

It's also noteworthy that the plaintiff claims his attorney tried to get the defendant to stop reporting income to the IRS. Hiring an attorney doesn't sound like something a TP would have done.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: I'll bet 1000 Quatloos that this is yet another TP pro se suit. Only a layers of the ilk of Lowell Becraft might put his name on twaddle like this.
I would take that bet, I re-read the article.
The Suschankes argue that they have been forced to declare bankruptcy, close bank accounts, have seen their credit ruined and have suffered emotional distress due to Woods' actions. They claim that they contacted Woods asking him to cease reporting the non-existent income as did their accountant and attorney.

Although damages are unspecified in the suit, the couple seeks payment of their legal fees for both the suit and their IRS legal issues, payment of the taxes and penalties they have suffered and other relief.

The plaintiffs are represented by David Damick.
Bolding added.

Not Pro Se, and it doesn't look like it's a suit about withholding.

I could see a situation where a guy was a contractor and the defendant didn't like his work so he started reporting fake earnings to the IRS, but I would think the IRS would have caught it.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Of course let me say that I know nothing about the Attorney so he could be of the same mold as Beacraft.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Cpt Banjo wrote:Here's an earlier article about the suit:
http://www.stclairrecord.com/news/22308 ... fraud-case
From this one:
A non-jury trial is scheduled to start Monday over allegations that a man used fraudulent companies and tax numbers to distort a couple's earnings that were reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

Plaintiffs Glen Suschanke Jr. and Tabitha Suschanke claim that defendant Patrick Woods and his agents misreported Glenn Suchanke's status as an independent contractor from 1999 to the present. Those reports allegedly have false reports of the couple's income to the IRS, leading, they claim, to unjust tax penalties, interest and bankruptcy.
In this case he was a contractor. It was probably a dispute that got out of hand so the slimeball that reported the earnings just was trying to get back at the Plantiff.
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

It would be useful to know who Patrick Woods wants to add as a party. If it's the IRS, then Suschanke may be a TP. If the missinng party is Glen Suschanke Jr., or rather the man who has been working for Woods under that name, Suschanke has a case against somebody.
Those named in the complaint include Woods Drywall Materials Inc., Woods Drywall & Painting, Inc., "Drywall Supply," and "Drywall Material."

The Suschankes claim that Woods reported on numerous occasions during the last 10 years that Glen Suschanke had been paid sums of money as an independent contractor when he had not worked for any of the businesses.

Over time, the sums reported were between $15,700 to $45,700.
Sounds like an undocumented worker to me.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

We all have WOOOOOSHed ourselves.

If this were a TP or Sovereignoramus suit, the last thing requested would be NON-JURY :!:

No self-respecting dim-bulb pro se would ever pass up the chance for a jury nullification.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Nikki wrote:We all have WOOOOOSHed ourselves.

If this were a TP or Sovereignoramus suit, the last thing requested would be NON-JURY :!:

No self-respecting dim-bulb pro se would ever pass up the chance for a jury nullification.
True, TP's fight as hard as they can to get a jury.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

bmielke wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote: I'll bet 1000 Quatloos that this is yet another TP pro se suit. Only a layers of the ilk of Lowell Becraft might put his name on twaddle like this.

A check for 1000 Quatloos is on its way to you -- drawn on my strawman account.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
bmielke wrote:

A check for 1000 Quatloos is on its way to you -- drawn on my strawman account.
got to love straw men.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

All of this is why I wondered if someone had access to the case.

I can't fathom why the IRS didn't at least investigate allegedly false 1099's, particularly since there was a bankruptcy involved somewhere along the line.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Quixote

Post by Quixote »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:All of this is why I wondered if someone had access to the case.

I can't fathom why the IRS didn't at least investigate allegedly false 1099's, particularly since there was a bankruptcy involved somewhere along the line.
IRS may have investigated. If Suschankes told the IRS only that he had not worked for Woods, the IRM requires the relevant IRS employee to send a letter to Woods asking if he had paid Glen Suschanke Jr. the money he claims to have paid him. If someone has been working for Woods under Suschanke's name and SSN, Woods would have responded that he had paid Suschanke. He could even supply cancelled checks. But, if Suschanke told the IRS that he was the victim of identity theft and supplied a picture ID and the ID-theft paperwork de jour, IRS might have then asked Woods if the guy pictured on the ID was the Glen Suschanke Jr. who had worked for him. Depending on where at the IRS the ID theft paperwork wound up, the IRS might instead have acknowledged and logged it, then ignored it for all practical purposes.