It is done.

justdave

It is done.

Post by justdave »

My tax protester/truth/honesty/painintheass days are done. Officially over. Never again. The IRS and I came to an agreement. I payed them what I owed them for the delay in properly filing my taxes in 07, they released what they owe me for 08, and I won't ever read Cracking The Code again. The last part is not a stipulation, but my own decision brought about by two years of delays and headaches. So, uhhh, does anyone want a free book? I'll even cover the shipping.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Re: It is done.

Post by Thule »

Congratulations!
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Way to go Dave! Man, are you going to sleep better now.
Demo.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I'll take the book! Really, I've wanted to read it in order to debunk it, but didn't want to give him my money to do it.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote:I'll take the book! Really, I've wanted to read it in order to debunk it, but didn't want to give him my money to do it.
Dave ought to auction the book on eBay, and let the Quatloos community know it's out there. he might make enough to replenish his bank account afteer settling with the IRS.

Welcome back, justdave!
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
justdave

Post by justdave »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Gregg wrote:I'll take the book! Really, I've wanted to read it in order to debunk it, but didn't want to give him my money to do it.
Dave ought to auction the book on eBay, and let the Quatloos community know it's out there. he might make enough to replenish his bank account afteer settling with the IRS.

Welcome back, justdave!
hmmm ebay. The only thing is that someone else could bid on it and be led down a troubling path. Unethical? But then again, I lean heavily towards Libertarian/objectivism so it's not like I'm putting a gun to someone's head....you know freewill and all that.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

justdave wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:

Welcome back, justdave!
hmmm ebay. The only thing is that someone else could bid on it and be led down a troubling path. Unethical? But then again, I lean heavily towards Libertarian/objectivism so it's not like I'm putting a gun to someone's head....you know freewill and all that.
Well then -- perhaps then you could accept bids, sent via PM?
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Hmmmmm.....

How many pages are in it?

Know anybody with an outhouse? :wink:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

If you get the book and post it on Scrib'd, so everyone can read it in full WITHOUT paying for it, the market for this book will dry up fast. Also, to be fair, add your comments debunking it as an appendix.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I am serious, really, and I'll give you the cover price for it. And I fully intend to do something along the lines of what is posted above, ie: test the limits of the fair use doctrine, along with my critisism and comments.....
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

fortinbras wrote:If you get the book and post it on Scrib'd, so everyone can read it in full WITHOUT paying for it, the market for this book will dry up fast. Also, to be fair, add your comments debunking it as an appendix.
Stealing other people's intellectual property isn't nice, despite the fact that the contents of the book are pure crap. There's no need to hand Hendrickson a claim of copyright infringement, even though his actual damages would probably be minimal. After all, after he goes to jail how many bozos will buy the book?
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Cpt Banjo wrote:
fortinbras wrote:If you get the book and post it on Scrib'd, so everyone can read it in full WITHOUT paying for it, the market for this book will dry up fast. Also, to be fair, add your comments debunking it as an appendix.
Stealing other people's intellectual property isn't nice, despite the fact that the contents of the book are pure crap. There's no need to hand Hendrickson a claim of copyright infringement, even though his actual damages would probably be minimal. After all, after he goes to jail how many bozos will buy the book?
well, as someone who makes a goodly portion of his income from royalties, I'm not going to flat out post it verbatim, but I do think fair use allows me to knock off the points it makes one at a time with a clear conscience.... heck, when he goes to prison and LH goes dark I might even try to get the domain and continue the forum with some information that won't cause people to lose everything they own and go to prison....
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Dave:

Welcome back.

One word of unsolicited advice -- keep your nose (and tax returns EXCEPTIONALLY clean for the next few years.

Once someone paints a target on his/her chest, it's really hard to make it go away.

Now I'm not saying that the IRS specifically targets past "offenders," but you will be doing yourself a major favor by (1) staying nowhere close to the line of possibly legitimate but highly stretched tax avoidance techniques and (2) saving and carefully organizing every scrap of paper which supports your legitimate tax claims.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Dave, my friend, I have a $150 Quibby with your name on it. And your Illuminati Junior Scout membership card is waiting at the front desk for pickup. Oh, since you've been having it kind of rough lately, I'm going to be nice and let you know up front that I'm going to take a pint of your blood. Yeah, I still haven't gotten around to decorating for Christmas. My bad.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

webhick wrote:Dave, my friend, I have a $150 Quibby with your name on it. And your Illuminati Junior Scout membership card is waiting at the front desk for pickup. Oh, since you've been having it kind of rough lately, I'm going to be nice and let you know up front that I'm going to take a pint of your blood. Yeah, I still haven't gotten around to decorating for Christmas. My bad.
I wanna know if he has to spend as month with the interns in the cellar.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Gregg wrote:
webhick wrote:Dave, my friend, I have a $150 Quibby with your name on it. And your Illuminati Junior Scout membership card is waiting at the front desk for pickup. Oh, since you've been having it kind of rough lately, I'm going to be nice and let you know up front that I'm going to take a pint of your blood. Yeah, I still haven't gotten around to decorating for Christmas. My bad.
I wanna know if he has to spend as month with the interns in the cellar.
What do you mean, "has to"? You if he's so lucky? That was the best month of my life!!
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Melted Rabbit

Post by Melted Rabbit »

Too late, thepiratebay.org has CTC and currently there are 5 seeders (with the entire file), which is very few. However, there are no leechers (downloaders), so that 8.2MB download would be reasonably fast. Two or three hours tops, maybe. Err quick update, the CTC torrent is down to 4 seeders from 5 in just the last five minutes. :wink:

[URL to torrent file redacted - Copyright laws also protect bad literature]

Note: This an HTML page with a link to the .torrent file and not the actual PDF file. Do you think I would be dumb enough to post a link to the entire PDF file, especially here? :wink:

Okay, I did post a link to a page with a file that identifies and describes the file using information derived from the file. The information about the original file or the "hash" is generated using a set of mathematical operations that are one-way and not reversible as well as discarding the information, the .torrent file is a much smaller file. Think of the hash as vaguely like having the profit/loss statement for a company, with only the amount of the profit or loss and no other numbers. One would still have no any idea as to what the expenses or income actually were and certainly no breakdown so detailed that it contained items down to a single order of office supplies. Basically, the .torrent file is only useful for identifying and describing the file, and contains none of the actual information from the file.

Also, Moderators, feel free to edit/delete this post with extreme prejudice if I did a bad thing.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Read CtC?

Having read the odd paragraph here and there of PH's infantile rationalizations of his BS my appetite for his bloviations has long since been satisfied for life. I'd sooner stick a knitting needle in my eye.

Good to see that justdave has said no to Kool-Aid refills.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.