Legal Bear

Nikki

Re: Legal Bear

Post by Nikki »

David Merrill wrote:I found a photo of that in my computer and used the number to find the current link with the C.F.R.

It proves my point. It was years ago so I was not sure what I was looking for. But Nikki hit it for me! The authority goes before the OMB and they just assign a number. And it has been the same number since the PRA of 1980 so it would be the reason the DoJ backed off the LAWRENCE prosecution. Bingo!!

Thanks again Nikki.

Regards,

David Merrill.
And exactly where is it a requirement that a new or different number be assigned every year?

The specific reason DoJ moved to dismiss the Lawrence case has been spelled out in detail in this thread and it had absolutely nothing to do with the PRA act or the OMB number.

Your "Bingo!" just fell flat on its face.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

The returned lunatic wrote:And it has been the same number since the PRA of 1980
Ignoring the fact that even if OMB had never issued any number AT ALL, liability to file and pay wouldn't be affected in the least.

That must irk Van Pelt no end. The IRS/Treasury could have flaunted the PRA requirements entirely, ignored them totally, and it still wouldn't make a bit of difference as to anyones civil or criminal liability under 26 USC. The horror!

If one aspires to be a de-tax guru worthy of prosecution, or even just to be a run-of-the-mill internet attention-whore who doesn't get laughed at, one must come up with something better than ancient PRA/OMB crapola which has ignominiously crashed and burned and been formally legally buried at least a dozen times.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I seem to recall at some point reading a citation a year or so back that someone found that specifically excludes IRS forms from the PRA, which should blow the whole PRA nonsense permanently out of the water, just can’t remember where I saw it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Still waiting...

Clowns around here just love the misdirection and obfuscation. Wesley?

This caught my eye:
I seem to recall at some point reading a citation a year or so back that someone found that specifically excludes IRS forms from the PRA, which should blow the whole PRA nonsense permanently out of the water, just can’t remember where I saw it.
Funny you cannot remember what it was exactly - your proposed interference to a 'complete defense'.

http://friends-n-family-research.info/F ... lidity.wav

Wesley will know what my point was. Probably because he knows Nikki better than I do and I have been consistently making it all along. And it is right there at the top too. Trained lawyers look for title blocks and such...

http://0-edocket.access.gpo.gov.library ... r70.96.pdf

Regards,

David Merrill.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

David Merrill wrote:Wesley will know what my point was.
Sorry, David, Homey don' play dat.

The "you know what I mean" stuff is a common tack by those who can't make their own points with sufficient coherence to pass the smell test. It takes different forms. For example, consider "The Tunguska 'meteorite' blast occurred on June 30, the same date that superhuman swimmer Michael Phelps was born. Hmmm." This is similar to what David attempts here. Perhaps David knows that, if he actually states a proposition, there are many posters here capable of shooting it down. So he tries to get someone else to guess at his "point". Then he will be free to either criticize that poster, or claim that the poster hasn't divined the true complex subtlety (subtle complexity?) of his thought - and the guessing game continues.

David, I have no idea what you're talking about.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

wserra wrote:David, I have no idea what you're talking about.
That makes two of you.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Have it your way then Wesley;

Just tell us what Title this enforcement statute is under?

http://0-edocket.access.gpo.gov.library ... r70.96.pdf
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Cute! Who is the moderator who posted me as Gilligan?

You think that is right? I agree, you all find that very funny but do you actually think that helps the forum any? All I am doing is prodding Wesley, a respected member into making an admission about the truth here - the enforcement statute for the 1040 Form is from Title 27 and therefore the OMB# is only applicable to the PRA if the taxpayer is involved in Alcohol, Tobacco and/or Firearms.

It makes sense though - it just seems a little immature even for you Demosthenes.

Regards,

David Merrill.
wserra

Post by wserra »

David Merrill wrote:All I am doing is prodding Wesley, a respected member into making an admission about the truth here - the enforcement statute for the 1040 Form is from Title 27 and therefore the OMB# is only applicable to the PRA if the taxpayer is involved in Alcohol, Tobacco and/or Firearms.
Ah. A couple of propositions. Too bad they're wrong.

Proposition I: "the enforcement statute for the 1040 Form is from Title 27".

Answer I: False. As I already posted in this very thread, the statute requiring OMB numbers (to the extent they are required) is from Title 44.

Proposition II: "the OMB# is only applicable to the PRA if the taxpayer is involved in Alcohol, Tobacco and/or Firearms".

Answer II: False, to the extent that the proposition makes any sense - I don't know what "the OMB# is only applicable to the PRA" might mean. If you mean that only ATF activities are required to follow the PRA - well, you've just "proved" that income tax forms need not do so. If you mean that the OMB number for income tax forms is contained in the regulations (please note the difference between regulations and statutes) under Title 27 of the CFR - which I don't know is true - so what? As I previously noted, the statute itself is in Title 44. Does that mean it can only apply to other Title 44 statutes? If so, again, it doesn't apply to the income tax. Anyone who doesn't understand this simply doesn't want to do so.

BTW, David, it was not I who changed your avatar and title - it had to be an admin - but you might consider whether it was warranted. What happened to your $20M lien?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

I am the moderator who took the liberty of giving you a rank in the name of promoting liberty.
you all find that very funny
Yes, but I was quite reticent to give you a Gilligan avatar since his simplistic and nonsensical statements make a lot more sense than your usually incoherent ramblings.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I nearly choked on my sandwich when I saw that, Joey.

I don't care who you are, that's funny!
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Joey Smith wrote:I am the moderator who took the liberty of giving you a rank in the name of promoting liberty.
Yes, but I was quite reticent to give you a Gilligan avatar since his simplistic and nonsensical statements make a lot more sense than your usually incoherent ramblings.

Jackass.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

David Merrill wrote:
Joey Smith wrote:I am the moderator who took the liberty of giving you a rank in the name of promoting liberty.

Jackass.
For the first time in all of his 1,417 posts, David has finally said something that makes sense.

It won't last.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

David Merrill wrote:

Jackass.
Actually the character fits; without Gilligan's consistent bumbling, the castaways would not have been stranded on the island AND would not have remained there for all those months.

As Sherwood Schwartz is said to have explained when proposing the show to CBS, "Every week Gilligan manages to snatch defeat from the very jaws of victory."
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Actually the character fits; without Gilligan's consistent bumbling, the castaways would not have been stranded on the island AND would not have remained there for all those months.

As Sherwood Schwartz is said to have explained when proposing the show to CBS, "Every week Gilligan manages to snatch defeat from the very jaws of victory."
As one person pointed out, if the castaways had only eaten Gilligan at some point, they would have gotten off the island.

I object to the avatar for David. As I understand the rules, the posters here had the choice, if any, of what avatar they wanted to use. If we start down this road, we are no better than the the people we lambaste for not following the law. Besides, this is personally insulting - to Gilligan.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The Observer wrote:...
I object to the avatar for David. As I understand the rules, the posters here had the choice, if any, of what avatar they wanted to use. If we start down this road, we are no better than the the people we lambaste for not following the law. Besides, this is personally insulting - to Gilligan.
The Court dismisses without prejudice the charge of personal insult; 'Gilligan' is a fiction and even the flesh and blood man who portrayed said fictional character has passed on, ergo the alleged 'personal' insult is a double non sequitur. :wink: The assignment of the avatar is upheld. 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Post by Joey Smith »

I think he can change his avatar himself in the user control panel, but if not then he can mail his suggested Avatar to me and I will post it so long as it does not infringe some copyright and is 80x80 or smaller.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

The Observer wrote:I object to the avatar for David. As I understand the rules, the posters here had the choice, if any, of what avatar they wanted to use. If we start down this road, we are no better than the the people we lambaste for not following the law. Besides, this is personally insulting - to Gilligan.
For the record, I too object!

It seems to me, it supports the perception that Quatloosians demean those who disagree.

Whether David (or any other poster) resembles Gilligan (or any other caricature) is a matter best left to the posters themselves by their behavior. It's not a moderator's job to decide.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

David could change his avatar any time he wants. Since he's chosen not to do so, I'll upload the only photo I've ever seen of David which he posted himself on Sooey a few years ago.
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Demosthenes wrote:David could change his avatar any time he wants. Since he's chosen not to do so, I'll upload the only photo I've ever seen of David which he posted himself on Sooey a few years ago.
If it were up to me, I'd prefer to be Gilligan, because it would make me look more rational, but there's no accounting for taste.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.