INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE,
Defendant-Appellee.

Release Date: DECEMBER 17, 2009

UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
TENTH CIRCUIT

(D.C. No. 08-CV-02233-WYD-MEH)
(D. Colo.)

ORDER AND JUDGMENT/*/

Before LUCERO, McKAY, and MURPHY, Circuit Judges.

After examining the briefs and the appellate record, this panel has determined unanimously to grant the parties' request for a decision on the briefs without oral argument. See Fed. R. App. P. 34(f).

Plaintiffs, Chris and Diane Bankston, filed suit against the Internal Revenue Service seeking monetary damages and injunctive relief based on the IRS's issuance of notices of levy against Mrs. Bankston for a total amount of $ 18,877.53 in unpaid federal taxes. Plaintiffs alleged that they are not subject to federal income taxes because they are each "a domiciled natural person and one of the people." (R. at 12.) The magistrate judge recommended denial of their motion for a temporary restraining order based upon, inter alia, lack of subject matter jurisdiction. The magistrate judge also recommended dismissal of their complaint for lack of subject matter jurisdiction, among other reasons. The district court adopted the magistrate judge's recommendations and dismissed the case.

Nothing in Plaintiffs' briefs or the authorities cited therein persuades us that the district court had subject matter jurisdiction over Plaintiffs' claims against the IRS and the U.S. government. For substantially the reasons given by the magistrate judge and district court, we AFFIRM the district court's denial of a temporary restraining order and dismissal of the complaint for lack of subject matter jurisdiction.

Entered for the Court

Monroe G. McKay
Circuit Judge

//*//

This order and judgment is not binding precedent, except under the doctrines of law of the case, res judicata, and collateral estoppel. It may be cited, however, for its persuasive value consistent with Fed. R. App. P. 32.1 and 10th Cir. R. 32.1.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Re: Domiciled TPs Fail In The Tenth

Post by jkeeb »

This order and judgment is not binding precedent,
I would call that a big victory--put it on We the People's website.
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

These people must read Harry Potter books a bit too much. They think that incantations like "a domiciled natural person and one of the people" are some sort of magic spell that makes the tax man and the courts Apparate out of their lives....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

Plaintiffs alleged that they are not subject to federal income taxes because they are each "a domiciled natural person ..."
The feds can tax only the homeless?
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Quixote wrote:
Plaintiffs alleged that they are not subject to federal income taxes because they are each "a domiciled natural person ..."
The feds can tax only the homeless?
Only if the homeless fail to redeem their UCC debt bond.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff