LH'ers hits the spot.

Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

LH'ers hits the spot.

Post by Thule »

New face Beeklo is wondering if anyone ever tried the CtC-method in court. That is really a sensible question. Unfortunately, he asked the LostHeads.

User Nationwide actually hits the spot on this one, and in a sudden flash of revelation figures out why most of Hendrickson's Heroes are (at the moment) getting away with fraud:
Since learning the tax-truth I've been filing educated returns and have no IRS problems - not even a letter. I think the IRS prosecutes very few - it simply doesn't have the manpower.
Of course, after this little flight of reality, it's back to "normal".
If you're looking for court help, it appears this forum and losthorizons.com itself is full of help. Merry Christmas!
And FreeManAtLast will continue banging his head into the wall.
I will be truthful and tell I have gone to Tax Court and lost. Simple as that. But that didn't deter my decision to continue to defend and uphold what I know to be right, true, and lawful. This an uphill battle, I am still battling Goliath on other tax years and will continue to do so on future tax years.
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... 11db85739f
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: LH'ers hits the spot.

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Just...wow.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Since learning the tax-truth I've been filing educated returns and have no IRS problems - not even a letter. I think the IRS prosecutes very few - it simply doesn't have the manpower.
This is what 9/10 of the scammer/proponents are banking on when they push kool-ade onto their customers. All they have to do is show that most of their "customers" have gotten away with tax evasion under the deception that the guru has found the magic words or the secret law or the hidden loopholes that makes his/her customers exempt from the tax laws; then the con artist can sit back and watch the money roll in. Occasionally questions will come up when one of the customers gets arrested and the scammer just blames the customer for not following his directions carefully.

This is why it is more important to go after the scammers, like Schiff and Meredith, than focus on the small potatoes who probably would have a refund coming in the first place if they just filed normally.
I will be truthful and tell I have gone to Tax Court and lost. Simple as that. But that didn't deter my decision to continue to defend and uphold what I know to be right, true, and lawful. This an uphill battle, I am still battling Goliath on other tax years and will continue to do so on future tax years.
I guess FreeManAtLast is looking to get his picture in the dictionary next to the definition of insanity.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The Observer wrote:
This is what 9/10 of the scammer/proponents are banking on when they push kool-ade onto their customers. All they have to do is show that most of their "customers" have gotten away with tax evasion under the deception that the guru has found the magic words or the secret law or the hidden loopholes that makes his/her customers exempt from the tax laws; then the con artist can sit back and watch the money roll in. Occasionally questions will come up when one of the customers gets arrested and the scammer just blames the customer for not following his directions carefully.
Hendrickson is unique in having the chutzpah to claim that the refunds resulting from the fraudulent returns are proof that he's right, while all the court cases refuting his claims are distinguishable, wrong, or corrupt.

Publishing those refunds on his website was not some silly self-indulgence, but a critical part of his marketing plan. If he had no more refunds to post, his operation would probably dry up and blow away.

There are therefore three ways to shut him down: Stop the refunds, enjoin him, or lock him up. It seems odd to me that the third way, which is the most extreme, is actually the one most likely to kick in first.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Publishing those refunds on his website was not some silly self-indulgence, but a critical part of his marketing plan.
Schiff did it too, just not on the internet. When marks went into the Las Vegas bookstore to buy his book, they were shown a binder with page after page of refund check copies.
Demo.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Demosthenes wrote:
Publishing those refunds on his website was not some silly self-indulgence, but a critical part of his marketing plan.
Schiff did it too, just not on the internet. When marks went into the Las Vegas bookstore to buy his book, they were shown a binder with page after page of refund check copies.
Right. This is what I had in mind when I wrote my post above. I also recall Schiff bragging that since the IRS hadn't come for him and shut him down, it must mean he was right about his tax theories.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:There are therefore three ways to shut him down: Stop the refunds, enjoin him, or lock him up. It seems odd to me that the third way, which is the most extreme, is actually the one most likely to kick in first.
But probably the most effective method. In the first instance, Hendricks would have continued marketing the ploy to unknowing newcomers and/or developed a new scheme that would have his followers contest each and every stopped refund in court. I think we can imagine the chaos and time-wasting that would result. In the second, I am not sure that an injunction would have stopped Pete or shut him up. His ego just wouldn't allow him to stop talking about and preaching his koolade. Note that in both instances Pete would still be out able to continue his rabble-rousing. On the other hand, admittedly once he crosses the threshold he would end up serving some time in prison for violating the injunction. However he would always be able to claim martyrhood because the government was persecuting him for his message not because he violated the tax laws.

The third instance makes it extremely hard for Pete to sell his garbage and to convince people that his method is legitimate while sitting in prison.