EXEMPT Logic from XjCherokee at LH - priceless

Nikki

Re: EXEMPT Logic from XjCherokee at LH - priceless

Post by Nikki »

Gregg wrote:Eliminate taxes on the portions of profits corprations paid out as dividends, tax retained profits as gross amounts (maybe with some allowance to hoard a bit of cash) There already is a tax on retaining excess profits, tax dividends recieved as regular income They are taxed as regular income, unless they qualify for the lower capital gains rate and tax equity appreciation at a lower capital gains level That one's confusing. Are you suggesting to tax unrealized appreciation?.

...and while we're at it, eliminate the power of corporations and/or fictious entities to spend money on political campaigns, allow real people to give as much as they darn well please with full disclosure but only to candidates in jurisdictions where they can themselves vote.

...and finally, call off direct election of US Senators, and have them be there to represent the States, and not just be a more expensive bribed direct represenative of the people....Well, start agitating for another amendment to the Constitution.

okay, back under my rock I go
If you're looking to simplify the tax laws, that won't even make a dent.

As long as income taxes are imposed on complex entities -- international corporations, large partnerships, etc -- the laws will be complex to account for all the multiple ways of doing business and of avoiding / evading taxation.

Also, the laws will be complex as long as social engineering is embedded in the tax code. But, before you decry the social engineering aspects, remember to consider the deductions generated by your home's mortgage and by your state and local property taxes -- both of which are social engineering to promote home ownership.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: EXEMPT Logic from XjCherokee at LH - priceless

Post by Gregg »

Nikki wrote:
Gregg wrote:Eliminate taxes on the portions of profits corprations paid out as dividends, tax retained profits as gross amounts (maybe with some allowance to hoard a bit of cash) There already is a tax on retaining excess profits, tax dividends recieved as regular income They are taxed as regular income, unless they qualify for the lower capital gains rate and tax equity appreciation at a lower capital gains level That one's confusing. Are you suggesting to tax unrealized appreciation?.

...and while we're at it, eliminate the power of corporations and/or fictious entities to spend money on political campaigns, allow real people to give as much as they darn well please with full disclosure but only to candidates in jurisdictions where they can themselves vote.

...and finally, call off direct election of US Senators, and have them be there to represent the States, and not just be a more expensive bribed direct represenative of the people....Well, start agitating for another amendment to the Constitution.

okay, back under my rock I go
If you're looking to simplify the tax laws, that won't even make a dent.

As long as income taxes are imposed on complex entities -- international corporations, large partnerships, etc -- the laws will be complex to account for all the multiple ways of doing business and of avoiding / evading taxation.

Also, the laws will be complex as long as social engineering is embedded in the tax code. But, before you decry the social engineering aspects, remember to consider the deductions generated by your home's mortgage and by your state and local property taxes -- both of which are social engineering to promote home ownership.
It was at least somewhat tongue in cheek, but I think all are good places to start talking about, and yes, I know the last means anotehr constitutional amendment, to overturn the one that made it (my was was the way Mssrs. Madison, and his pals did it in the beginning)
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.