Ed's sentencing

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Ed's sentencing

Post by fortinbras »

silversopp wrote:We still have the Crimson Permanent Assurance Company right?
The gostok distims the doshes.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Scoop wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:The prison shrink diagnosed Ed with narcisstic personality disorder (which pleased Ed mightily - he kept nodding in agreement)
Ed Brown: "The narcissistic part of it is probably a little bit true."
Incurable: http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html#npd
fortinbras wrote:
silversopp wrote:We still have the Crimson Permanent Assurance Company right?
The gostok distims the doshes.
Or is it the doshes that are distimmed by the gostaks?
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

silversopp wrote:
The Observer wrote:Damn his eyes. How did he latch onto the Moose Lodge connection? Now we have to go back to square one and develop another front for the Illuminati.
We still have the Crimson Permanent Assurance Company right?
Nope. Try to keep up! :roll:

The Stonecutters absorbed them when the Fraternal Order Of Lunatic Sovereigns merged with the Brotherhood of Undisclosed Number Kooks.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

RaymondKarczewski wrote:Latest on Ed Brown Sentencing.

Brown's competency in question Judge to announce his decision today
By Margot Sanger-Katz
Monitor staff
January 11, 2010 - 6:53 am

A federal judge will decide today whether Ed Brown is mentally capable
of participating in his sentencing for a series of criminal charges
including possession of explosives and obstruction of justice.

If the judge deems Brown competent, the retired cockroach exterminator
is likely to be sentenced to more than 30 years in federal prison.

Brown, who with his wife, Elaine, holed up in the couple's castle-like
Plainfield home for nearly nine months, testified at trial that he
built dozens of explosive devices, set up numerous rifles and invited
supporters to his house to help prevent federal marshals from
capturing him or his wife to face sentences for tax crimes.

During the 2007 standoff, the Browns made repeated threats against
federal officials and vowed to go down shooting if agents attempted to
arrest them.

The Browns were arrested by a team of undercover U.S. Marshals, who
apprehended the couple while posing as supporters.

Ed Brown now faces a virtual life sentence for the charges he was
convicted on - one charge alone carries a mandatory minimum sentence
of 30 years in prison. Elaine Brown was recently sentenced to 35 years
for her part in the conspiracy, less than the sentence recommended by
federal guidelines.

Four of the Browns' supporters have also received lengthy prison terms
for their involvement in the standoff - including one, found guilty of
handling explosive devices, who is serving a 36-year sentence.

Brown's lawyer, Michael Iacopino, has asked the judge for a sentence
of 30 years and one month, arguing that Brown's age - 67 - makes a
longer sentence unnecessary. Iacopino's motion also argues that Brown
should receive leniency because no one was harmed by his actions and
because he took responsibility for his crimes through his trial
testimony.

"Although he may have been at times surly and disorganized in his
testimony he testified truthfully," Iacopino's motion says, arguing
that Brown went to trial for "political purposes." "In fact he
admitted essentially every element of each offense when examined by
the prosecutor."

As of yesterday, prosecutors had not filed a motion outlining their
sentencing recommendations.

Iacopino did not dispute Brown's competency before the trial but asked
for a mental health evaluation afterward, arguing that Brown's
behavior and statements suggested a delusional disorder that would
make him unable to participate in his own defense during sentencing.

Today, Judge George Singal will decide whether the argument has merit.
Singal ordered Brown to spend at least 30 days under evaluation by
prison mental health experts.

If Singal determines Brown is unable to understand the nature of the
proceedings, he will likely postpone the sentencing hearing.

rk: It would appear JUDGE SINGAL is looking for a way out of the fact
that he has not answered the question of the court's JURISDICTION over
Ed Brown, a Living, Breathing, Flesh-and-Blood, Sentient, Natural Man
of the Sovereign People.

rk: Why else would millions of dollars be spent trying Ed and Elaine,
husband and wife, man and woman for a crime they for which they, the
court would not SHOW THE LAW which convicts them, nor answer the
preliminary challenge of JURISDICTION?

rk: Clearly, if Ed and Elaine Brown were not Subjects of the
Corporation, (and they repeatedly said so through their challenges)
the trials of Ed Brown and Elaine Brown were shams, a waste of
taxpayer money, theater for the Indolent, and a clearcut statement
that we Americans no longer live in the Land of the Free.

rk: Should not the question of competence been raised prior to Trial,
not after all the tax-payers money was spent on a show trial to deter
Sovereign People from holding their Public Officials accountable,
before SINGAL had to cover his butt for not following the law and
answering the Brown Challenge of JURISDICTION?

rk: It would seem the question each must ask themselves is whose
competency is in question, Ed Brown's or JUDGE SINGAL who deliberately
subverted the Law?

rk: A public outcry is in order. Phone, mail, email, fax Judge SINGAL
with the demand of a CONCERNED populous. PROVE JURISDICTION OR
RELEASE Ed and Elaine Brown.

Raymond Ronald Karczewski©
Go back to sleep, Ray. One again, you have nothing worthwhile to say, and insist on giving us more proof of the fact. I have no time for rebuitting your idiocies (this has already been done many times before, anyway); but the fact that you are now saying that "a public outcry is in order" to get what you and the :Browns want is proof, in and of itself, that you have absolutely no concept of how the legal process works.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Scoop wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:The prison shrink diagnosed Ed with narcisstic personality disorder (which pleased Ed mightily - he kept nodding in agreement)
Ed Brown: "The narcissistic part of it is probably a little bit true."
Years ago I saw a cartoon in which a doctor is talking to a patient, saying "You definitely have a superiority complex. What I can't understand is why."

Ed probably understands that narcisscism is a form of self-love, but doesn't understand that in his case no one else can understand why.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

The Observer wrote: Damn his eyes. How did he latch onto the Moose Lodge connection? Now we have to go back to square one and develop another front for the Illuminati.
Wasn't Society for the Enslavement of Mankind created just for this sort of situation? And the letterhead is really nice.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

I had a thought last night.

Now that Ed has been sentanced does this mean Demo's Book can come out? Ever since I started lurking here 6 months ago I have been hearing about the book, I want to read it.
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Many of us are looking forward to the alleged book.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

bmielke wrote:I had a thought last night.

Now that Ed has been sentanced does this mean Demo's Book can come out? Ever since I started lurking here 6 months ago I have been hearing about the book, I want to read it.
There's nothing more dissatisfying than lots of footnotes like "As of this writing, xyz is awaiting _______."

My guess is some of the higher-profile cases like Hendrickson's and especially Snipes' have to come to a conclusion; that provides an opportunity for a publicity "tour" when the Snipes case garners headlines and the interest of the general public. Fortunately for Demo, the obligatory "appearance" on radio can be done from the comfort of her own home, or in the case of NPR, from the nearest studio.

From a PR standpoint, who better to appear on Oprah if/when Snipes is put behind bars?
The Devil Makes Three
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Coverage from the Union Leader. Full story at this URL, followed by some choice comments from friends and neighbors.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx ... d4c70da227
Ed Brown erupts, gets 37 years

By KATHRYN MARCHOCKI
New Hampshire Union Leader Staff
Monday, Jan. 11, 2010

CONCORD – The 3 1/2-year saga of convicted tax evader turned anti-government militant Edward L. Brown likely ended yesterday when a judge sentenced him to 37 years in federal prison for stockpiling explosives and weapons at his former Plainfield compound during a nine-month standoff with federal agents.

U.S. District Court Judge George Z. Singal called Brown an "unrepentant" criminal who would have killed many U.S. marshals had they not successfully infiltrated his home and arrested him and his supporters in October 2007. The new sentence runs consecutive to the 63 months Brown already is serving for tax offenses.

"I have no doubt in my mind that Mr. Brown would have killed multiple marshals if they hadn't dealt with him so quickly," Singal said during the competency and sentencing hearing in U.S. District Court.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:From a PR standpoint, who better to appear on Oprah if/when Snipes is put behind bars?
I would never rank Demo among the fruitcakes to which Oprah gives validity. I say Daily Show or Colbert Report. Colbert Report may be better since Sparkles is already a member of the Illuminati, so it'll really piss off the Moron Family:Idiot types.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

webhick wrote:I would never rank Demo among the fruitcakes to which Oprah gives validity. I say Daily Show or Colbert Report. Colbert Report may be better since Sparkles is already a member of the Illuminati, so it'll really piss off the Moron Family:Idiot types.
I wouldn't call Dave Ramsey or Elizabeth Warren fruitcakes. Five minutes on Oprah means more eyeballs than days of cable "news."
The Devil Makes Three
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
webhick wrote:I would never rank Demo among the fruitcakes to which Oprah gives validity. I say Daily Show or Colbert Report. Colbert Report may be better since Sparkles is already a member of the Illuminati, so it'll really piss off the Moron Family:Idiot types.
I wouldn't call Dave Ramsey or Elizabeth Warren fruitcakes. Five minutes on Oprah means more eyeballs than days of cable "news."
I would certainly consider "Dr." Phil and "Dr." Oz to be fruitcakes, and she got them their own shows. I also happened to notice that those I know who watch the show always get the information horribly wrong. They did some episode on delaying foreclosure by requesting a copy of the origination loan documentation (or something, I'm having a hard time fitting things in my head these days...I think my brain is leaking), and I had people telling me that Oprah told them that they can stop foreclosure permanently by requesting the deed. If you tell them that it doesn't sound right, they get very indignant about contradicting Saint Oprah. I'm afraid of what they might get out of the topic of tax protesting and the sovereign citizen movement. So very afraid.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Oprah (and she is not unique in this respect) is an attention / ratings wh*re.

She will air whatever keeps her viewers glued to their screens and gets them to partake of the rest of her media and merchandise empire.

UFO sightings, ghosts, quack medicine, whatever -- if it keeps the ratings up to command a good price for the commercials, she'll do it.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

I think you're missing the point - commercially-viable book publishing is not an altruistic endeavor. It's not the information that leaks through the two or three minute interview, it's the numbers of people who are led to go buy the guest's book.
The Devil Makes Three
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:I think you're missing the point - commercially-viable book publishing is not an altruistic endeavor. It's not the information that leaks through the two or three minute interview, it's the numbers of people who are led to go buy the guest's book.
That's the first of Charlie Pierce's Three Great Premises of Idiot America: any theory is valid if it sells books, soaks up ratings, or otherwise moves units.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

webhick wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
I would certainly consider "Dr." Phil and "Dr." Oz to be fruitcakes, and she got them their own shows. I also happened to notice that those I know who watch the show always get the information horribly wrong. They did some episode on delaying foreclosure by requesting a copy of the origination loan documentation (or something, I'm having a hard time fitting things in my head these days...I think my brain is leaking), and I had people telling me that Oprah told them that they can stop foreclosure permanently by requesting the deed. If you tell them that it doesn't sound right, they get very indignant about contradicting Saint Oprah. I'm afraid of what they might get out of the topic of tax protesting and the sovereign citizen movement. So very afraid.
Webhick, I didn't see Oprah (I've actually never seen Oprah's show), but if she suggested that a homeowner should demand to see the note in a foreclosure, I strongly agree, and have written extesively about the missing note problem.

And, Liz Warren is not a flake -- she's a law prof at Harvard and one of the leading experts on bankruptcy and commercial law. At present, she heads some commission dealing with the use of bail out funds. She is pretty leftish, but so am I.

As to Dave Ramsey, while I don't really buy into his religiousity, his financial advice is sometimes -- oftentimes -- right on the money (pun intended). His legal analysis is weak, however, and often wrong. Still, he's not a flake. His financial peace program is a good one.
"My Health is Better in November."
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Prof wrote:As to Dave Ramsey, while I don't really buy into his religiousity, his financial advice is sometimes -- oftentimes -- right on the money (pun intended). His legal analysis is weak, however, and often wrong. Still, he's not a flake. His financial peace program is a good one.
I think that Dave's programs are mainly for lower income people who are addicted to credit card debt. I think he can help some people. However, I would go one further than you - his advice tends to be over the top, misguided, and often flat wrong. I have a lot of problems with his arrogant self-righteous approach to advising people on debt. He wouldn't two seconds if he was hired for advice on anything more complex than organizing a soccer mom's weekly food budget. That is only my opinion of course....(keeping in mind, I'm somewhat conservative and a Christian)
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Imalawman wrote:
Prof wrote:As to Dave Ramsey, while I don't really buy into his religiousity, his financial advice is sometimes -- oftentimes -- right on the money (pun intended). His legal analysis is weak, however, and often wrong. Still, he's not a flake. His financial peace program is a good one.
I think that Dave's programs are mainly for lower income people who are addicted to credit card debt. I think he can help some people. However, I would go one further than you - his advice tends to be over the top, misguided, and often flat wrong. I have a lot of problems with his arrogant self-righteous approach to advising people on debt. He wouldn't two seconds if he was hired for advice on anything more complex than organizing a soccer mom's weekly food budget. That is only my opinion of course....(keeping in mind, I'm somewhat conservative and a Christian)
I think that some of the worst affinity scams and ripoffs come from people who can pretend to be, say, a conservative Christian one week, and a liberal Unitarian the next, if it will help them fleece a new flock of sheep.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

jg wrote:Many of us are looking forward to the alleged book.
Forget the book, right now I'd settle for an update to the Red Crayons blog. I would love to read Demo's description of the sentencing.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)