Ed's sentencing

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Ed's sentencing

Post by Demosthenes »

SIte got hacked and I've been cleaning up the mess. Will upload soon.
Demo.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:I think you're missing the point - commercially-viable book publishing is not an altruistic endeavor. It's not the information that leaks through the two or three minute interview, it's the numbers of people who are led to go buy the guest's book.
Not led. Oprah's power is formidable when it comes to what the idiot masses buy. If she says "buy," they do so without question. Problem is, she elevates unmitigated morons to god-like status. As much as I want Demo to make good money off her book, Oprah would be more likely to have Hendrickson on. Hell, she'd probably get him his own show.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:SIte got hacked and I've been cleaning up the mess. Will upload soon.
Ick.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Demosthenes wrote:SIte got hacked and I've been cleaning up the mess.
...by Joe Haas?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

A point in Oprah's favor: when she discovered that an author she'd made famous for an autobiography had in fact lied all the way through, she brought him back on her show and broke him.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

webhick wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:I think you're missing the point - commercially-viable book publishing is not an altruistic endeavor. It's not the information that leaks through the two or three minute interview, it's the numbers of people who are led to go buy the guest's book.
Not led. Oprah's power is formidable when it comes to what the idiot masses buy. If she says "buy," they do so without question. Problem is, she elevates unmitigated morons to god-like status. As much as I want Demo to make good money off her book, Oprah would be more likely to have Hendrickson on. Hell, she'd probably get him his own show.
Given the promotion Oprah has given to Jenny McCarthy and her anti-vaccination agenda, I hope Oprah gets mumps from some unvaccinated audience member. :twisted:

Jenny McCarthy should have stuck to being a game show bimbo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

webhick wrote:
I'm female, and my book is written partially as a memoir (part memoir, part biography of a movement). Based on the subject matter (right wing extremists) and the goal (entertain, educate, and inspire) I'm probably a good candidate for the show and, based on the book sales that follow *any* author's appearance on Oprah, I certainly wouldn't turn it down.
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Doesn't there have to be a book first -- or at least a TV camera-ready mock-up?

But back to Ed:

Did anyone ever find out what was in the elevator shaft?
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Nikki wrote:But back to Ed:

Did anyone ever find out what was in the elevator shaft?
IIRC, it was a huge pile of cash.
Dr. Caligari
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Demosthenes wrote:
I'm female, and my book is written partially as a memoir (part memoir, part biography of a movement). Based on the subject matter (right wing extremists) and the goal (entertain, educate, and inspire) I'm probably a good candidate for the show and, based on the book sales that follow *any* author's appearance on Oprah, I certainly wouldn't turn it down.
I'd certainly love to see you on the show -- for one thing, your appearance would get me to be able to stomach it. The problem is, though, you might be too intelligent for Oprah's target audience.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:
webhick wrote:
What, you're not convinced that the sales to Quatloos members will make the book profitable? I'm shocked, I tell ya. :)

Are we any closer to a book?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

The site has been updated:

http://www.redcrayons.net
Demo.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Demosthenes wrote:The site has been updated:
Great post, Demo, but you want to fix the typo in the title ("Ed Browb").
Dr. Caligari
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Demo, thanks for the great update at redcrayons!
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

Demosthenes wrote:
webhick wrote:
I'll give the Big O a call and see if we can't get you on.
Tax Man

Post by Tax Man »

Imalawman wrote:
What, you're not convinced that the sales to Quatloos members will make the book profitable? I'm shocked, I tell ya. :)

Are we any closer to a book?
I've asked - but no response. :cry:

I think she gets tired of people asking...but when she's done (whenever that may be), you can be sure we'll all be placing advance orders and telling everyone we know to buy one!
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

There's a long-standing joke among literary agents. In order to sell a book to a publisher these days, you have to be represented by an agent. The first step in finding an agent is usually to send out a bunch of query letters, describing your book, its audience, and your willingness to promote it. The number one indicator that a writer is an amateur isn't misspelled words or bad grammar. The true writing neophyte is the one that asserts that they're willing to go on Oprah to promote their book.

Considering that having your book discussed on Oprah pretty much guarantees more than 1,000,000 book sales, every agent out there knows that *every* writer is "willing to go on Oprah."

An academic study was even done on The Oprah Effect in 2004: "From Obscurity to Bestseller: Examining the Impact of Oprah's Book Club Selections" compiled by Richard J. Butler.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... A9639C8B63
Demo.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Demosthenes will never be interviewed by a scantily-clad ex-playmate.

Now, a scantily-clad George Clooney ...
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

CaptainKickback wrote:I'm waiting for the interview Demo does with Barbi Benton from The Grotto of the Playboy Mansion, or with Christy Canyon on Playboy Radio. :wink:
An interesting thing about Barbi Benton is that her husband spent some time in the Graybar Hotel for tax fraud, etc:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/o ... 72,00.html
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I just looked up Reno's release date. By my calculation, he should get out in the first week of July, 2014 if he qualified for the max time off. Since his release date is now the end of August, 2014, it looks like he's already extended his stay by almost two months.
Demo.