Well, there goes your Cheek Defense

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Well, there goes your Cheek Defense

Post by Gregg »

In my case, I have no W2 and only a 1099-Int and a 1098, so I am thinking it is best in my case to pull an account transcript to see what has been reported.

If nothing is there, would there be any point in even filing?

The state (RI) requires that you pull information from your Federal return, but...if there is no Federal return, what is there to pull?

I have no witholdings at all so I am waiting to see what my transcripts reveal.
RI Fisherman,
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2373
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Well, there goes your Cheek Defense

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Gregg wrote:
In my case, I have no W2 and only a 1099-Int and a 1098, so I am thinking it is best in my case to pull an account transcript to see what has been reported.

If nothing is there, would there be any point in even filing?

The state (RI) requires that you pull information from your Federal return, but...if there is no Federal return, what is there to pull?

I have no witholdings at all so I am waiting to see what my transcripts reveal.
RI Fisherman,
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2373

Sure. There's a plan. Creep up to the rabid pit bull and let him sniff your hand. :roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
iplawyer

Post by iplawyer »

Can't somebody turn this guy in? As I recall he's posted personal information before.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

iplawyer wrote:Can't somebody turn this guy in?
Suggestion is months too late :twisted:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Sure. There's a plan. Creep up to the rabid pit bull and let him sniff your hand. :roll:
That plan is too timid - they should be following the Ed Brown plan on How To Deal With Offensive Bears.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
illiterati

Post by illiterati »

From a criminal perspective, would posts on a public forum ever really be admissable? I would think that a competent (meaning slimy) defense attorney would be able to discredit random statements made on a public forum, even if there was some evidence tying the defendant to the IP address or e-mail account from which the statements came. I suppose there would have to be some good foundation laid. Has anyone that reads this ever dealt with this personally?
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

illiterati wrote:From a criminal perspective, would posts on a public forum ever really be admissable?
Doesn't matter. All the IRS needs is some suspicion. They can get the admissible dirt all by themselves, all they need is a spot to dig. Public forum posts are good indicators of where to dig.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

illiterati wrote:would posts on a public forum ever really be admissable?
So long as they can be authenticated - proven to actually be from the purported author - then absolutely. Forum logs - or, if necessary, the combination of forum logs and ISP logs - will authenticate in the large majority of cases.
Has anyone that reads this ever dealt with this personally?
Yes.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume