TP crashes in building, part 2

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

TP crashes in building, part 2

Post by Demosthenes »

Very good AP story providing significant background into the suicide pilot.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=104&sid=1893898
Demo.
The Operative
Fourth Shogun of Quatloosia

Re: TP crashes in building, part 2

Post by The Operative »

Interesting article. As CKB said, he appears to blame anyone but himself for his self-perceived failures. He should have been happier. There are plenty of people in the U.S. that could not afford to own a $100,000 plane and now it turns out that at one time he owned two.
Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

It occurred to me earlier today, that someday, possibly within 6 months, this event will become an episode of Law and Order. Except, in their version, Stack will turn out to have been dead before the plane took off. The detectives will discover that his body had been strapped in place and that a few mysterious strands of wire, some appliance solenoids, and a portable gps unit found in the wreckage were actually the remains of a makeshift autopilot. Further investigation will lead them to determine that the real culprit is Demo, trying to drum up some advance publicity for her book.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Not too farfetched. The teabaggers are already calling this a false flag attack, and the like, and suggesting that instead of a kamikaze flight, this was some kind of drone plane, etc.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

grixit wrote:It occurred to me earlier today, that someday, possibly within 6 months, this event will become an episode of Law and Order. Except, in their version, Stack will turn out to have been dead before the plane took off. The detectives will discover that his body had been strapped in place and that a few mysterious strands of wire, some appliance solenoids, and a portable gps unit found in the wreckage were actually the remains of a makeshift autopilot. Further investigation will lead them to determine that the real culprit is Demo, trying to drum up some advance publicity for her book.
At trial, McCoy is surprised by defense evidence that the alleged "book" never actually existed, and so the circumstantial case fails for lack of any demonstrable motive. Only after the acquittal, when double jeopardy will prevent any retrial or further prosecution, does Demo admit that the purpose of the crime was not to promote the book but to cover up the fact that the book had still not been written, and McCoy has to settle for the satisfaction of a federal prosecution of Demo for a technical violation of the migratory bird act.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Stack's older daughter, now in Norway, not the one in the house he set afire, says her dad is now a "hero":
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35519143/ns ... and_courts
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Post by Prof »

There are interesting and sane comments on LH from PeacefulKancer and DataBrain, both condemning the actions of Stack -- both seem actually much more in touch with reality than the adult daughter.
"My Health is Better in November."
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

So killing yourself, killing someone else, injuring others, and causing major property damage is merely considered "inappropriate?"
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

If they were to actually condemn the violent act, they might be forced to actually consider BlowHardMeister's past.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Prof wrote:There are interesting and sane comments on LH from PeacefulKancer and DataBrain, both condemning the actions of Stack -- both seem actually much more in touch with reality than the adult daughter.
DataBrain (Tim Whitney) wrote:
This guy [Andrew Joseph Stack] is a killer, murder, and terrorist. He was also really pissed off with the IRS and his final act was to try and kill 200+ Americans, our brothers and sisters, who just happen to be IRS employees. Simply Unacceptable!!!
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2409

I take that as a pretty unequivocal statement of condemnation. I agree with Prof.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Prof wrote:There are interesting and sane comments on LH from PeacefulKancer and DataBrain, both condemning the actions of Stack -- both seem actually much more in touch with reality than the adult daughter.
She's just lost her father, and seen him turn into a national villain at the same time. I can understand her reaction.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
iplawyer

Post by iplawyer »

Well this is how Badger responded:
I've been musing over this the past couple of days. I can't quite wrap my head around the idea of calling Mr. Stack a murderer or a terrorist. He chose to take on tyrants in the only way he felt was left to him, like the Revolutionary War soldiers. Collateral damage is always an unfortunate part of war and, at this point, doesn't it appear that "our" government has declared war on its subjects? Certainly, we are not afforded the protections the Founders intended that we be guaranteed. Those individuals who choose to work against their fellow citizens assume a risk (or worse, put their children at risk, as in OK) that they may end up in the crosshairs when one of the fellows has had enough. They are no less culpable than the guards at Auschwitz, who were also "just following orders".
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.wral.com/business/story/7096603/

I've done about 25 interviews + 12 hours of travel in the past couple of days. Judging from this last set of quotes, I should probably take a break.

Larken's quote was fascinating in a purely evil kind of way.
Demo.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

There are so many legal remedies available for people with tax problems, except for the violent protestors. The dream of some of the anarchists is a breakdown of civil order. Even then, no one would be safe. Roaming gangs of heavily-armed thugs would even be looking for targets to pillage in the most rural locations. These people are rhetorical terrorists, they are inciting rebellion in time of war. They are not on the winning side.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
LPC

Post by LPC »

It's clear from the responses to Stack's act of violence, such as the rhetoric from CPAC and the banal reporting from the mainstream media, that domestic terrorism is now socially acceptable.

We no longer need to apologize for killing those who disagree with us. What has been called the "culture war" is now a free-fire zone.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

fortinbras wrote:Stack's older daughter, now in Norway, not the one in the house he set afire, says her dad is now a "hero":
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35519143/ns ... and_courts
In case you're wondering why she's in Norway...

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/irs ... 68876.html
Bell told ABC that she lives in Norway because she lost her job while pregnant in the United States and that Medicaid "would not take care of her."

Bell criticized the American tax system as "very faulty," and said she hopes "everything" will change because of her father's attack.

"But Rome was not built in one day," she said. "But one small step at a time."
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Bell told ABC that she lives in Norway because she lost her job while pregnant in the United States and that Medicaid "would not take care of her."

Bell criticized the American tax system as "very faulty," and said she hopes "everything" will change because of her father's attack.
Soooo, she wants to be taken care of. But she doesen't want to pay taxes to cover such costs...
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

Just like her daddy -- blames everyone else for her problem(s), and expects someone else to take care of them. Wonder where she learned THAT from?

I also wonder how much she pays in Norwegian taxes to have that great health care? Or, if she's even employed?

And who wants to bet Norway will quietly come up with an excuse to boot this pathetic freeloader out?
LPC

Post by LPC »

Thule wrote:

Soooo, she wants to be taken care of. But she doesen't want to pay taxes to cover such costs...
During his speech to CPAC, Glen Beck said that he learned that progressivism is "bad" by educating himself at the library where "books are free."

I think that my new motto is going to be "There ain't no such thing as a free library!"
Dan Evans
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

During his speech to CPAC, Glen Beck said that he learned that progressivism is "bad" by educating himself at the library where "books are free."
there is a part of me that thinks glenn Beck is a closet liberal, planted where he is to make all conservatives look stupid
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.