Just wow....

Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Just wow....

Post by Thule »

Rookie LostHead "Fight4Rights" fails at law and geography...
Florida Statutes 679.3071:

679.3071 Location of debtor.—

(8) The United States is located in the District of Columbia.
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2416
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: Just wow....

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I don't know if I'm shocked at the fact that this sort of thing doesn't shock me anymore.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Thule wrote:Rookie LostHead "Fight4Rights" fails at law and geography...

I'm surprised that Fight4Rights didn't also point out that the statute cited above is part of every tax nut's favorite law, the UCC.

Section 679.3071 follows a series of sections which specify what law applies to different kinds of security interests, which can depend on the location of the property subject to the security interest or the location of the debtor. Section 679.3071 tells you how to determine where a debtor is located and it specifies that, when the federal government is a debtor, it is located in the District of Columbia, which is not surprising given that the District of Columbia is the "Seat of the Government of the United States" allowed for by the Constitution.

But Fight4Rights should have quoted section 679.3017(11) as well:
(11) This section applies only for purposes of this part.
That's right, the rule that specifies that the United States is located in the District of Columbia applies ONLY for purposes of perfecting security interests, and for no other purpose.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

LPC wrote:But Fight4Rights should have quoted section 679.3017(11) as well:
That's right, the rule that specifies that the United States is located in the District of Columbia applies ONLY for purposes of perfecting security interests, and for no other purpose.
Why would anyone expect him to have referenced 679.3017(11) ?

First, one would have to make the assumption that he actually understood what he was reading -- other than merely quoting words that look interesting.

Next, even if he did comprehend it, why should he post anything which immediately shoots him in the foot?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Nikki wrote:Next, even if he did comprehend it, why should he post anything which immediately shoots him in the foot?
Because like every other TP, they always do or post something that shoots them in the foot?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Nikki wrote:Next, even if he did comprehend it, why should he post anything which immediately shoots him in the foot?
I was unthinkingly applying common standards of integrity.

My bad.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

LPC wrote:
Thule wrote:Rookie LostHead "Fight4Rights" fails at law and geography...

I'm surprised that Fight4Rights didn't also point out that the statute cited above is part of every tax nut's favorite law, the UCC.

Section 679.3071 follows a series of sections which specify what law applies to different kinds of security interests, which can depend on the location of the property subject to the security interest or the location of the debtor. Section 679.3071 tells you how to determine where a debtor is located and it specifies that, when the federal government is a debtor, it is located in the District of Columbia, which is not surprising given that the District of Columbia is the "Seat of the Government of the United States" allowed for by the Constitution.

But Fight4Rights should have quoted section 679.3017(11) as well:

http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/flor ... s_679-3071

Interesting! Fun stuff.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

LPC wrote:But Fight4Rights should have quoted section 679.3017(11) as well
That would have been impossible because Fight4Rights almost certainly only saw the cut-and-pasted morsel out of context, and never actually read the statute.