Art Farnsworth is out of the pokey ...

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Art Farnsworth is out of the pokey ...

Post by Demosthenes »

... and is working at a sandwich store and cheating on his taxes.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_de ... f-irs.html
Authorities allege Arthur Farnsworth is failing to meet the terms of his parole after a stint in prison.
The saying stubborn as a mule might have to be changed to stubborn as Arthur Farnsworth, if what authorities allege is true.
For months the man with a degree in electrical engineering who was once a candidate for Bucks County commissioner allegedly ignored directives from the probation officer to re-file the delinquent tax returns for the years 2001 through 2008.
"When Mr. Farnsworth 'complied' with this instruction, the noted delinquent tax returns were all marked with ZERO for each return," the report said. "Thus once again, failing to comply with proper tax filing for cited years."
On Nov. 24 last year, the probation officer learned that Farnsworth had been collecting wages "under the table" while working at a Coopersburg sandwich shop reportedly owned by a friend, court papers said.
Demo.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Art Farnsworth is out of the pokey ...

Post by LPC »

Authorities allege Arthur Farnsworth is failing to meet the terms of his parole after a stint in prison.
My recollection is that Schiff violated the terms of his release after his second conviction, and wound up having to serve out the rest of his sentence, so there really are people that self-destructively stupid.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Judging from this and the post on Steve Swan, neither man will be out for very long, I'm sure.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

And...

Art Farnsworth is back in the pokey.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_de ... rison.html

Excerpts:
Arthur Farnsworth has already served two years. Another four months have been ordered.

Two years in federal prison weren't enough to change Arthur Farnsworth's belief that paying federal income tax is optional, authorities say.

Maybe another four months will do the trick.
"If they can do it to him, they can do it to anyone; he's a great American," said Robert Graham, a Bucks County man who served 31 months in a federal penitentiary for conspiring to defraud the IRS in the 1980s.

"It's the price you pay for your conscience," said Graham, 79, who still believes the federal government's tax on income is "a fraud," but pays it because he is married.
Farnsworth failed to provide his probation officer with information needed to review his delinquent tax returns and ignored directives from the officer to re-file the returns for the years 2001 through 2008, a report said.

"When Mr. Farnsworth 'complied' with this instruction, the noted delinquent tax returns were all marked with ZERO for each return," the report said. "Thus once again, failing to comply with proper tax filing for cited years."
Dumbass.
Demo.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Demosthenes wrote:And...

Art Farnsworth is back in the pokey.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_de ... rison.html

Excerpts:
Arthur Farnsworth has already served two years. Another four months have been ordered.

Two years in federal prison weren't enough to change Arthur Farnsworth's belief that paying federal income tax is optional, authorities say.

Maybe another four months will do the trick.
"If they can do it to him, they can do it to anyone; he's a great American," said Robert Graham, a Bucks County man who served 31 months in a federal penitentiary for conspiring to defraud the IRS in the 1980s.

"It's the price you pay for your conscience," said Graham, 79, who still believes the federal government's tax on income is "a fraud," but pays it because he is married.
Farnsworth failed to provide his probation officer with information needed to review his delinquent tax returns and ignored directives from the officer to re-file the returns for the years 2001 through 2008, a report said.

Dumbass.
Wow. Dumbass indeed.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Or as Captain Kirk once eloquently put it, "A double dumbass to you!"
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

That didn't take long.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

If Farnsworth continues to fail to comply with the terms of his parole once he is set free from prison, he could be sent back to jail for up to two years each time he is adjudged to have violated the release terms, said Khan.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was initially sentenced to two years supervised release, so I think that the two years additional time he could serve is a total.

This time, he was sentenced to an additional 4 months. If he is released and violates the terms of his release again, he could be sentenced to an additional 20 months (two years minus 4 months). If he then serves an additional six months, is released, and violates again, he could be sentenced to an additional 14 months (20 months less 6 months). And so forth.

Otherwise, he could be in and out of prison for the rest of his life.

(I'm not saying that's bad thing, just pointing out that I don't think that was intended.)

And is anyone else reminded of the scene from "Cat Ballou" in which Lee Marvin goes from shaky drunk, to confident drunk, to falling-down drunk in about five minutes?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Arthur Farnsworth is currently held at the Federal Detention Center in Philadelphia. His scheduled release date is October 1, 2010.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

According to the Bureau of Prisons, Farnsworth was released (re-released) as scheduled on October 1, 2010.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Then it must be time for another Quatloos pool on long it will be before Farnsworth gets thrown back in the slammer.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The Observer wrote:Then it must be time for another Quatloos pool on long it will be before Farnsworth gets thrown back in the slammer.
Guy Fawkes Day, put me down for $10
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Trippy

Post by Trippy »

The Observer wrote:Then it must be time for another Quatloos pool on long it will be before Farnsworth gets thrown back in the slammer.
I'll put $10 down on 11/01/10.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

$10 on 12/15/10
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

bmielke wrote:
$10 on 12/15/10
Who do I send this to?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Who do I send this to?
The Chili Dog Totally Tax Exempt Self Directed Retirement Trust
Well Armed Bunker Complex
Luft Stalag Annex
Remagen Bridge Road
Maineville, OH 45039

cash or US Postal Money Orders only, please wrap in tin (not, I repeat NOT aluminum) foil

:mrgreen:
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Gregg wrote: Well Armed Bunker Complex
Luft Stalag Annex
Sounds like a goobermint operation to me :wink:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

bmielke wrote:
Gregg wrote: Well Armed Bunker Complex
Luft Stalag Annex
Sounds like a goobermint operation to me :wink:
We're 42 levels above top secret, I could tell you more, but I'd have to kill you.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

I've run into someone on the internet who might be Farnsworth, so I'm bumping this thread, in case he wants to comment here.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I'll put extra dachshunds on the perimeter.