The Big Bet

Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: The Big Bet

Post by Imalawman »

Famspear wrote:Harvester wrote:
The Hendrickson 'never' references a separate wager I have with Fampspear.
It's "Famspear," not "Fampspear."

As I recall, Harvester's putative attempt to enter a wager arrangement with me involved his prediction about Hendrickson being sentenced, or not being sentenced. Technically, however, Harvester doesn't have a binding wager with me, since I've neither agreed to any wager nor provided any promise of consideration to Harvester in the event he should "win." Typical of tax protester types, he doesn't understand contract law any better than he understands tax law.

Since Harvester's prediction is that Hendrickson will never be sentenced, it's lucky for Harvester that he doesn't have a binding contract with me -- since he would probably lose his "bet"!

Sounds like he's a bit rattled this week end.

8)
It'd be a stupid bet for an April 19, sentencing because any number of factors could preclude the sentencing from happening on that exact date. I would however wager a great deal that Petey will be sentenced at some time in the near future.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Imalawman wrote:
It'd be a stupid bet for an April 19, sentencing because any number of factors could preclude the sentencing from happening on that exact date. I would however wager a great deal that Petey will be sentenced at some time in the near future.
If I were going to make such a bet it would for a sentancing with then next 18 months. After all Harvester says it's never going to happen :roll: .
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

bmielke wrote:
Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Looks like they accepted the coin for payment at face value of $50. Which of course is not it's real value. But the weird menorahs and stamped fingerprint add to the suspicion.
Also strange is that while it certainly looks like a photocopy it looks like a color photocopy of a black and white photocopied letter, the notary stamp should be some other color than black.
Well, the image definitely looks sketchy; but the color of the notary stamp is not an issue for me. In Massachusetts, a notary stamp can be black (my own is embossed, while the rubber stamp I'm required to use, giving my name, commission, state and commission expiration date, uses black ink).
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
bmielke wrote:
Evil Squirrel Overlord wrote:Looks like they accepted the coin for payment at face value of $50. Which of course is not it's real value. But the weird menorahs and stamped fingerprint add to the suspicion.
Also strange is that while it certainly looks like a photocopy it looks like a color photocopy of a black and white photocopied letter, the notary stamp should be some other color than black.
Well, the image definitely looks sketchy; but the color of the notary stamp is not an issue for me. In Massachusetts, a notary stamp can be black (my own is embossed, while the rubber stamp I'm required to use, giving my name, commission, state and commission expiration date, uses black ink).
Yes they can be black, that's why I said should, I have seen some people use Black, but every clerks office I have ever been in uses Blue.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

bmielke wrote:
Imalawman wrote:After all Harvester says it's never going to happen :roll: .
Maybe he thinks Hendrickson will use the Ken Lay technique for avoiding sentencing.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Cpt Banjo wrote:
bmielke wrote:
Imalawman wrote:After all Harvester says it's never going to happen :roll: .
Maybe he thinks Hendrickson will use the Ken Lay technique for avoiding sentencing.
It's possible, but he seems more the type to pin his hopes on the "Guardians of Freedom" then to take his own life, and if he gets that lucky as to avoid sentencing by heart attack then I'm not sure what I'll do, but I want to see him hang. (Or as that is not a realistic sentence I want to seem him do some serious time.)
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

Noah wrote:Brandybuck I believe you have lost already unless the Treasury Department can reorganize by the deadline.
The Treasury Department has not dissolved, and is in no danger of dissolving. Duh.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Brandybuck wrote:Shall we choose a person to hold the stakes?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

The image of the indian head coin is definitively a piece of David Merrill's work.

The signature -- finger print, hebrew script, and stamped menorahs -- is beyond any doubt David's.

It's a shame the date of the copy isn't included.

Bur, in any case, why would Harvester feel it necessary to take a picture of a coin on one of David's documents?

Is it at all possible that the image was cribbed from one of David's archives and Harvester doesn't actually have possession of it?
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Nikki wrote:The image of the indian head coin is definitively a piece of David Merrill's work.

That's one way to fix the misnomer!
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Nikki wrote:It's a shame the date of the copy isn't included.
The certification says it's 12/17/09.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Harvester

Post by Harvester »

Ha! You guys are too funny. Yes, that's a coin in my possession. No, I'm not David but that is a certified copy of (the first page) of his $20M lien against SAMUELSON & SUTHERS fidelity bonds. As for someone to hold or escrow the coins, it seems an unnecessary expense. I've given my word, and I take BrandyBuck at his. He's already risen in my estimation by owning gold. I also gather he's an 'open source' programmer, and perhaps even some flavor of 'libertarian.' While we may disagree on the tax issue, I have no doubt he'd uphold his end of the bargain.

And you still haven't found the Easter Egg.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Harvester wrote:As for someone to hold or escrow the coins, it seems an unnecessary expense.
I'll do it for nothing. I'm a lawyer, and I make no effort (unlike you) to hide my identity.

Next excuse?
- David Hume
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Harvester wrote:Ha! You guys are too funny. Yes, that's a coin in my possession. No, I'm not David but that is a certified copy of (the first page) of his $20M lien against SAMUELSON & SUTHERS fidelity bonds. As for someone to hold or escrow the coins, it seems an unnecessary expense. I've given my word, and I take BrandyBuck at his. He's already risen in my estimation by owning gold. I also gather he's an 'open source' programmer, and perhaps even some flavor of 'libertarian.' While we may disagree on the tax issue, I have no doubt he'd uphold his end of the bargain.

And you still haven't found the Easter Egg.
I offered to hold it for free, and your word isn't good for much as you've shown some reasonable grounds to later plead diminished capacity.

So, are you just chicken?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
David Merrill

Post by David Merrill »

Nikki wrote: It's a shame the date of the copy isn't included.

My clerk.

Enter the Reception # - 208124895.

wserra

Post by wserra »

wserra wrote:
Harvester wrote:As for someone to hold or escrow the coins, it seems an unnecessary expense.
I'll do it for nothing. I'm a lawyer, and I make no effort (unlike you) to hide my identity.

Next excuse?
- David Hume
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

I note that Harvester has STILL not provided me with any personal contact information. I provided him mine, no response from him. I need to know his real name and how to contact him come April 1st, 2011.
Red Cedar PM
Burnished Vanquisher of the Kooloohs

Post by Red Cedar PM »

Brandybuck wrote:I note that Harvester has STILL not provided me with any personal contact information. I provided him mine, no response from him. I need to know his real name and how to contact him come April 1st, 2011.
Want to make a bet on whether he will be a guest of the state by then?
"Pride cometh before thy fall."

--Dantonio 11:03:07
Grixit wrote:Hey Diller: forget terms like "wages", "income", "derived from", "received", etc. If you did something, and got paid for it, you owe tax.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Red Cedar PM wrote:
Brandybuck wrote:I note that Harvester has STILL not provided me with any personal contact information. I provided him mine, no response from him. I need to know his real name and how to contact him come April 1st, 2011.
Want to make a bet on whether he will be a guest of the state by then?
My guess is that this (Harvester being in prison by April 1st of next year) would be pretty unlikely -- even if he were already under criminal investigation right now. The wheels of justice definitely grind ever so slowly. Look at Hendrickson. He was under investigation for years. Indicted in November 2008. Found guilty October 2009. Awaiting sentencing currently set for Monday, April 19, 2010 (hey, only 12 days from now!). And who knows when he'll be required to present himself at the Bureau of Prisons.

The slowness of the process may actually work to intensify the delusions of people like Harvester. I seem to recall him telling me last summer (on another web site) that he believed (I'm paraphrasing from memory here) that Hendrickson must somehow be on to something because it was taking the feds "so long" to put him away. People like Harvester seem to have no concept of how long these things take.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Van Pelt (AK by the voices in his head as Merrill)
so you have tacitly admitted that the gold coin in question is in fact not Harvesters to wager, but one that you used to pay $50 in filing fees....
I don't know which fact makes you look dumber, and we haven't even read what you paid $50 to file.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.