Does anyone know who this CrackHead is?

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Does anyone know who this CrackHead is?

Post by Famspear »

Crackhead Harold X. O’Boyle and his wife Sally R. O’Boyle have been zapped, for frivolous arguments, under Internal Revenue Code section 6673. I haven't had a chance to read the entire case yet, but this is juicy:
Petitioners clearly are aware of section 6673, yet raised frivolous arguments during the administrative process, in their petitions to this Court, and in their posttrial briefs. Furthermore, petitioners continued to raise groundless arguments regarding the jurisdiction of this Court even after the Court ruled on those arguments by denying petitioners’ motion to dismiss for lack of jurisdiction. Accordingly, we shall impose a $15,000 penalty in each docket in the instant case pursuant to section 6673.
O'Boyle v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo. 2010-149, Docket Nos. 30214-07, 30215-07 (July 13, 2010) (bolding added).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

In this case, the IRS asserted over $591,000 in tax deficiencies plus lots of penalties, for a total of over $895,000 (not counting interest).

If these people are not under the scrutiny of the Criminal Investigation Division, maybe they should be.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Famspear wrote:More on Hal O'Boyle:

There is a Harold X. O'Boyle who has filed petitions in U.S. Tax Court:

Harold X. & Sally O'Boyle
case no. 017240-09
filed July 17, 2009.

and:

Harold X. & Sally O'Boyle
case no. 020102-09
Filed August 24, 2009.

The O'Boyle Tax Court cases come home to roost (with a total of $20,000 in section 6673 penalty).

https://www.ustaxcourt.gov/InternetOrde ... rsID=60595

https://www.ustaxcourt.gov/InternetOrde ... rsID=60596
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The transcript for July 24, 2014 from the Doreen Hendrickson criminal contempt trial shows that she called Harold O'Boyle as a witness (see pages 11 thru 24 of the transcript for that day). He was of no help to her. Also, it came out that he has has been posting on the internet under the name "Lysander Venible," and has a web site:

http://taxcourthelp.net

Under the name "Lysander Venible," he has his own book, On Your Own in Tax Court, and he seems to fancy himself as some sort of authority or helpful person on the subject of U.S. Tax Court litigation. He is neither an authority nor helpful.

He also apparently posts at codebusters dot org, the "alternative" web site for Crack-a-Dooster followers of Peter Hendrickson's Cracking the Code tax evasion scam:

http://www.codebusters.org/request-for- ... -t419.html

EDIT: I note that it was the prosecution, on cross-examination, that got Mr. O'Boyle to admit that he uses the alias of "Lysander Venible." The prosecution also got him to admit that he has written and published such gems as Democracy, the Painted Whore, an Extremist Explains War, Drugs, Guns, God, Gold and Santa Claus and a column under the name The Extremist.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

At the beginning of this thread on April 10, 2010, Hal O'Boyle was identified as having made the following comments at some point at lost horizons dot com:
I want to thank gdude and Whitey for their attaboys for Pablo. I'm one of the guys, in fact, the main guy at the Tax Return Team's site who people pay for help with the nuts and bolts of tax court. Gdude and Whitey are both clients of mine.

If I were able to I would help people for free, but I'm not. If I wasn't able to charge for some of my time, and I don't charge for all of it by a long shot, I would have to say "no" when people call me for help.
(Note: The link to the post at lost horizons unfortunately is no longer good.)

In his testimony in Doreen Hendrickson's trial this summer, O'Boyle denied such a connection:
Q [question by prosecutor Jeffrey McLellan]. And you advertize on the Internet as part of something called The Tax Relief Team?

A [answer by witness by Harold O'Boyle]. I don't, no.
--from page 24, trial transcript for July 24, 2014, United States v. Doreen M. Hendrickson, case no. 2:13-cr-20371-VAR-LJM, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.

Yet, as of August 31, 2014, on the lower right area of the "contact us" page in the web site for The Tax Relief Team, there is still a picture of O'Boyle's book, On Your Own in Tax Court (published under the alias "Lysander Venible"):

http://www.taxreliefteam.org/siteresour ... ntact-trt/
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Libertarian thinker...
And you lost me at that point.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros