Dr. Dino set up for another fall!

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Dr. Dino set up for another fall!

Post by grixit »

Careful, you're all swimming in deeper waters than Hovind and his crew could handle. They just want to dip their toes in the "looks like design to me" puddle.

Anyway, i skimmed his new journal-- yikes! And we've been calling Hendrickson narcissistic? Hovind now has God as his personal life coach! Every night, the Big Man takes Hovind on a spiritual journey, a bit like the visions of Ezekiel, and a bit like Ebeneezer Scrooge, with a touch of Mr. Peabody.

Along the way, Hovind learns lessons about patience and endurance, receives reassurance that his "suffering" is for a purpose and that his "persecutors" will get theirs in the end, confutes advocates of evolution, and has familiar conversations with biblical and historical figures. He calls it "kneemail", because of course the first step is to get on one's knees. But there's no humility in what follows.

Thing is, Kent Hovind is going to be ok. It doesn't matter if the feds take everything. When he gets out, he can make the whole sordid mess into an inspirational book that will make him millions over night. The same people who bought "Chicken Soup for the Sanctimonious" and "The Purpose Driven Lies" are going to eat this up.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Dr. Dino set up for another fall!

Post by darling »

grixit wrote:Along the way, Hovind learns lessons about patience and endurance, receives reassurance that his "suffering" is for a purpose and that his "persecutors" will get theirs in the end, confutes advocates of evolution, and has familiar conversations with biblical and historical figures. He calls it "kneemail", because of course the first step is to get on one's knees. But there's no humility in what follows.
I always thought if it could be cool if someone created a 'kneemail by numbers' because those things are so formulatic. Something like this, except better:

Kent: Hi [insert biblical figure here], my name is Kent Hovind

[Biblical figure]: Hi Kent.

Kent: What are you doing?

[Biblical figure]: [biblical story]

Kent: Wow, that sounds just like [insert reference to modern-day invention]!

[Biblical figure]: What's a [modern day invention]?

Kent: Oh, don't worry, it won't be invented for another two thousand years.

[Biblical figure]: ???

Kent: I guess we've all learned that I'm right and everyone else is wrong. But I'm still in jail and it's so unfair.

God: That's OK, son, I've got your back.

Bubba: Hey!