Quickbooks withholds zero federal tax

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Quickbooks withholds zero federal tax

Post by Gregg »

In truth, you ought to be telling them not to be making long term plans based on their current job, because if the idiot boss doesn't have a sudden burst of common sense it's not unlikely that they'll all be unemployed before too long....but that's another story I guess.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Perhaps he's going to reopen as a "home church". Those seem to be really big right now.

Or maybe he's going to pay everything in saudi investment bonds. That's a sovereign wealth fund, so it must be exempt from taxes, right?

Or is there a business equivalent of the pure trust?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
lorne

Post by lorne »

home church, very funny. No, it's construction - contracting. Yes, his bookkeeper and I have been preparing returns. She's done a good job with records too, very accurate. I'm advocating for, and I think they will follow through on, the corporation paying all taxes due including the missing fed withholding. If they do - no problem, and I'll be busy prepping forms come end of July.

But once the corporation ends, he's on his own - and we're both OK with that. He's pretty adamant on this new company. No, I won't squeal on him, or contact employees. I'm reluctant to use the term idiot, deluded perhaps. Says he has private common-law right to contract or some such. I dont know, should read this Cracking the Coed book.

Appreciate all the info,
Lorne
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

lorne wrote:I dont know, should read this Cracking the Coed book.
Cannot....resist....

I think your wife would mind you reading that book.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

1 - Cracking The Code's author is headed to prison for tax evasion

2 - Common Law right to contract has the same legal basis AND impact on the individual as Russian Roulette with one empty chamber. Client has overdosed on the snake oil and is headed down a long slippery slope to personal ruin

3 - Professional integrity is at stake. Contacting employees is the right thing to do. Also may be a significant plus for you if employees get into litigation with IRS or employer later.

4 - Refer client to some legitimate accounting / taxation sources. Several avialable via reference from here. There's still a slight chance for him.

5 - Wash hands thoroughly with strong cleanser and disinfectant before resuming relations with other humans.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

What Nikki said!!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Cracking the Coed

Bup-buduh-wow-wow!

"Knock Knock"

"click, creak"

"Hello-- are you the plumber?"

"Yup, Big Peter's Plumbing, at your service!"

"Oh, thank goodness, we've been having *so* much trouble with our dorm shower."

"Well, you're in luck, i'm an expert at showers! What seems to be the problem?"

"It's the pressure. We're used to a good hard spray, but all we're getting is a little drip. It makes it so hard for Stephanie, Jennifer, and me to scrub each others backs. And it's almost time for tonight's shower!"

"Don't worry, i'll show you how to eliminate all illegitimate reductions to your common law right to water volume!"

"Really? That's wonderful, you are the greatest plumber ever!"

"Oh i am! And i'll even help you girls test the shower when i'm done!"

"Squeal!"
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

lorne wrote:I'm reluctant to use the term idiot, deluded perhaps. Says he has private common-law right to contract or some such.
Yes, he has a common-law right to contract. But the government also has the right (and the power) to tax all profits on those contracts (or even the dollar amount of the contract itself).

“However absolute the right of an individual may be, it is still in the nature of that right, that it must bear a portion of the public burthens; and that portion must be determined by the legislature.” Providence Bank v. Billings, 29 U.S. 514, 563 (1830).
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Nikki wrote:...
3 - Professional integrity is at stake. Contacting employees is the right thing to do. Also may be a significant plus for you if employees get into litigation with IRS or employer later.
I would use caution here. The law of unintended consequences has not yet been repealed.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
lorne

Post by lorne »

Well this Henderson book is holding my interest at least. Some of this tax history is new. But this legalese definitions I dont know - it's been said lawyers speak 2 languages - english and lawyerspeak. Im no lawyer but I do know my way around the tax code. One thing thats always bothered me, the complexity & obtuseness of the code. I know the code is based on legislation; thats where it comes from. Now why can't they write a simple straightforward bill? Is that too much to ask? But no, we get these huge thousand-page bills! Healthcare reform, financial reform. Ive heard 2 politicians now (Pelosi and Dodd) say something like "we won't know whats in this bill until its law." What! Excuse me but, what the hell, thats your freaking job! How do these congress people stay in office? And did you see the latest? An Internet 'kill switch' bill from the Senate!! http://www.zdnet.com.au/internet-kill-s ... 303838.htm
Is it just me or is this country, and Washington in particular a bit of a runaway train, about to come off the rails?
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

lorne wrote:Well this Henderson book is holding my interest at least.
Hendrickson?
lorne wrote:Some of this tax history is new. But this legalese definitions I dont know - it's been said lawyers speak 2 languages - english and lawyerspeak.
I've found that the law is plain when it can be plain, but complicated when it needs to be complicated.

Most of the time (say 95% plus), concepts like "income" and "wages" are pretty much what you'd expect. So when judges and lawyers talk about "income" and "wages," they are talking about what you normally think of as "income" or "wages" most of the time, and when they need to invoke a complicated "lawyerspeak" exception or definition, they say so.

Hendrickson's ideas are manipulative and dishonest. He wants to start with the assumption that nothing means what you think it means, and everything is debatable and up for grabs, but reality is much more predictable than that.
lorne wrote:Im no lawyer but I do know my way around the tax code. One thing thats always bothered me, the complexity & obtuseness of the code. I know the code is based on legislation; thats where it comes from. Now why can't they write a simple straightforward bill? Is that too much to ask?
There are a lot of reasons that the IRC gets more and more complicated. Some are political, as politicians try to split hairs in order to please narrow constituencies while trying to maintain the fisc, but other reasons have to do with the nature of our ever more complex economy, and the ability of taxpayers and their lawyers to exploit the interstices within the tax law.
lorne wrote:Is it just me or is this country, and Washington in particular a bit of a runaway train, about to come off the rails?
I'm always interested in the polls that ask whether the country in moving in the "right direction," because I never know what the results mean. Is the country moving in the wrong direction because the left is unhappy or because the right is unhappy or because both are unhappy? Is the current deficit too high, resulting in fears of inflation, or too low, resulting in fears of deflation and a long-term depression? Is the current deficit so high because spending is too high, or because taxes are too low?

It seems like we all agree that we're moving in the wrong direction, but we're evenly divided on whether the wrong direction is to the right or to the left.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Lorax

Post by Lorax »

lorne wrote:Well this Henderson book is holding my interest at least. Some of this tax history is new.
Keep your bullshit detector on its highest setting. Verify whatever Pete says about anything before you believe it. Many TP types also believe in bizarre, ridiculous conspiracy theories.

I don't know what Pelosi or Dodd said but I suspect they were referring to the fact that the financial reform bill can be amended at any time, so we won't know what's in the final version of the bill until it becomes law.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Lorax wrote:
lorne wrote:Well this Henderson book is holding my interest at least. Some of this tax history is new.
Keep your bullshit detector on its highest setting.
I'd do even more, and go out and buy a new, state-of-the art detector. The upgrades it will have are a big help when dealing with CtC-level BS.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I'd do even more, and go out and buy a new, state-of-the art detector. The upgrades it will have are a big help when dealing with CtC-level BS.
I actually disagree with this. The old, rusty one is all that's needed.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

wserra wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:I'd do even more, and go out and buy a new, state-of-the art detector. The upgrades it will have are a big help when dealing with CtC-level BS.
I think Pottapaug is referring to the upgrades which support installing the new game "Whack a Darth." I don't know about anyone else, but I'm waiting for the next version of the detector, which comes with the online role-playing game, "Where my guru at?" I'm positively giddy.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

webhick wrote:
wserra wrote:
I think Pottapaug is referring to the upgrades which support installing the new game "Whack a Darth." I don't know about anyone else, but I'm waiting for the next version of the detector, which comes with the online role-playing game, "Where my guru at?" I'm positively giddy.
How much and how long is the waiting list? :twisted:
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

bmielke wrote:
How much and how long is the waiting list? :twisted:
Rumor has it that the CtCers are having their shipped to mail drops in plain brown wrappers. :twisted:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

The older model BS detector/trap is preferable when dealing with most tax evaders and sovereigns. Their babbling is so blatently unfounded that it overwhelms the sensitivity of the more modern devices. There's almost nothing (with the possible exception of webhick's use of interns and anyone who happens to piss her off) than an overloaded BS unit exploding and spewing its contents everywhere.

The newer, more sensitive and delicate models should only be applied to more sophisticated situations like some of the IRS Defense law firms or off-shore 'asset protection' companies.
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

Nikki wrote:The older model BS detector/trap is preferable when dealing with most tax evaders and sovereigns. Their babbling is so blatently unfounded that it overwhelms the sensitivity of the more modern devices. There's almost nothing (with the possible exception of webhick's use of interns and anyone who happens to piss her off) than an overloaded BS unit exploding and spewing its contents everywhere.

The newer, more sensitive and delicate models should only be applied to more sophisticated situations like some of the IRS Defense law firms or off-shore 'asset protection' companies.
I have one that works just fine

Mainly I just want the RPG.
lorne

Post by lorne »

I see that you all are very anti-Hendrickson here. Finished this Hendrickson book and I must say he presents a very strong case. It appears to hinge on special definitions, the IRS acting outside its scope and maybe jurisdiction. Congress legislates sometimes for the District of Columbia and sometimes for the nation - how to tell the difference? Need to research this a bit further but, if true, it points to a lot of deception which at this point of the news cycle, would not really surprise me.

BTW, my client closed the corp. and running his new business happy as a clam. Says he shouldve done it long ago. And will pay employees in lawful money i think he said whatever that means.